Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally!!  (Read 7692 times)
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 05:10:22 PM

And, that be profit takin'!  Shocked
I need it to correct just a little bit more and I can take my profits.  Nice little bubble to trade on.  Thank you again manipulator!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 05:17:42 PM

2.7 Is the buy point. 2.85 is the sell point. Expect things to level out for a few days, then rise up again to about 2.9 maybe then back to the long slow downward march. I figure it will settle in around 2.7 by mid Dec. I have no idea what kind of effect Christmas will have on things though.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 05:19:09 PM

Thank you again manipulator bitcoinica margin calls!

plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 05:37:04 PM

2.7 Is the buy point. 2.85 is the sell point. Expect things to level out for a few days, then rise up again to about 2.9 maybe then back to the long slow downward march. I figure it will settle in around 2.7 by mid Dec. I have no idea what kind of effect Christmas will have on things though.

Maybe you should take more pills to tell us further about the future.

Heck take the whole bottle and tell us whats happening in 2013

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 05:41:50 PM

Bitcoin probably will have completely run its course by 2013.  There's absolutely no reason to believe this is a reversal.  We've seen this all before.  I fully expect the long slow slide down to continue in the next week or so.  I stand by my claim from not too long ago that the price will not go back above $3.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 05:54:20 PM

what if you are wrong?

Even if bitcoins would continue the mid term downtrend, a small 38.2% fibonacchi retracement will lead to a minimum bounce target of 13$.

we will see bear ribs as barbecue

plastic.elastic

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:04:04 PM

Bitcoin probably will have completely run its course by 2013.  There's absolutely no reason to believe this is a reversal.  We've seen this all before.  I fully expect the long slow slide down to continue in the next week or so.  I stand by my claim from not too long ago that the price will not go back above $3.

Sorry but you got no magic. I'm asking DaMAN to tell us about the future.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:11:38 PM

what if you are wrong?

Then I'm wrong.  But from the looks of things odds are against a reversal.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
phorensic

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:18:41 PM

Thank you again manipulator bitcoinica margin calls!
I would really like to believe Bitcoinica is to blame for massive price swings.  I know they did margin calls and brought it to under $2 for a millisecond.  However, have they admitted to putting up the gigantic 50,000 BTC walls?  I think Bitcoinica just executes large trades instantaneously. The "manipulator" I speak of uses a bot also, but that bot puts up huge walls that can, and have, been blown through and caused huge swings.  In the end we have two major players here, Mr. Manip and Bitcoinica.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:20:40 PM

Here's my prediction.  The price will bounce around between ~2.65 and 2.80 for a while, maybe a week or two, and during that time everyone who bought below 2.60 will get increasingly more nervous.  Eventually somebody with a significant stash of bitcoins will bail out and spark a heavy round of selling which will take the bid wall out which will spur a huge panic sell-off which will finally take us below 2.00.  This drama will play out several times over the next year or so as you guys trade bitcoin into oblivion.  Eventually, the convenience of Google's payment system, or whatever other big company's scheme, will completely drown out any interest in bitcoin and the project will be forgotten by most people and won't even manage to be remembered as a footnote in history.

phorensic

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:25:52 PM

This drama will play out several times over the next year or so as you guys trade bitcoin into oblivion.
Some people don't care what the price of 1 BTC is, they just care that it fluctuates.  I don't care how much BTC I have, I just care that I'm making 5-10% profits off each trade.  Like in Forex, I don't care how much 1 GBP or EUR is worth, I just care that I can pull 20+ pips or whatever out of a trade.
plastic.elastic

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:33:23 PM

Here's my prediction.  The price will bounce around between ~2.65 and 2.80 for a while, maybe a week or two, and during that time everyone who bought below 2.60 will get increasingly more nervous.  Eventually somebody with a significant stash of bitcoins will bail out and spark a heavy round of selling which will take the bid wall out which will spur a huge panic sell-off which will finally take us below 2.00.  This drama will play out several times over the next year or so as you guys trade bitcoin into oblivion.  Eventually, the convenience of Google's payment system, or whatever other big company's scheme, will completely drown out any interest in bitcoin and the project will be forgotten by most people and won't even manage to be remembered as a footnote in history.

Thats for your prediction, now clean up your own mess

Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:36:29 PM

Expect it to settle in to a stable price for the short term. For now buy anything you can below 2.7 and when things go up, sell anything you can above 2.9, or 2.85 if you want to be conservative. 3 dollars might be a possibility but I wouldn't count on it. Expect the rise back up anywhere from 2 days to 10 days from now. After that things will be stable until Christmas. I can't see any further into the future than that.
plastic.elastic

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:38:42 PM

Expect it to settle in to a stable price for the short term. For now buy anything you can below 2.7 and when things go up, sell anything you can above 2.9, or 2.85 if you want to be conservative. 3 dollars might be a possibility but I wouldn't count on it. Expect the rise back up anywhere from 2 days to 10 days from now. After that things will be stable until Christmas. I can't see any further into the future than that.

Thats awsome
 Grin

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:49:45 PM

Bitcoin probably will have completely run its course by 2013. There's absolutely no reason to believe this is a reversal.

Hi Proudhon, I've seen the question asked before, but I don't recall your reply. Why do you hang out on these threads? Are you short and hoping to reinforce your predictions? Do I understand correctly that you believe bitcoin will completely die in the near future? Are you trying to save those who will listen (though someone always has to hold the bag)? Are you looking forward to some big "I told you so" party? I'm sincerely curious what motivates you.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:56:05 PM

Bitcoin probably will have completely run its course by 2013. There's absolutely no reason to believe this is a reversal.

Hi Proudhon, I've seen the question asked before, but I don't recall your reply. Why do you hang out on these threads? Are you short and hoping to reinforce your predictions? Do I understand correctly that you believe bitcoin will completely die in the near future? Are you trying to save those who will listen (though someone always has to hold the bag)? Are you looking forward to some big "I told you so" party? I'm sincerely curious what motivates you.

He thinks it's like watching a train wreck.

(BFL)^2 < 0
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:58:58 PM

Hi Proudhon, I've seen the question asked before, but I don't recall your reply. Why do you hang out on these threads?

At this point its a bit like a train wreck for me.  I just can't seem to look away.

Are you short and hoping to reinforce your predictions?

No.

Do I understand correctly that you believe bitcoin will completely die in the near future?

Yes.

Are you trying to save those who will listen?

Maybe a little, but I don't think about that too often.

Are you looking forward to some big "I told you so" party?

Yes.

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 07:11:43 PM

Yes.

But who would be around to celebrate with you?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
phorensic

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 07:18:44 PM

Yes.

But who would be around to celebrate with you?
His alts.  Called sock puppets on this forum for some reason.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 07:19:29 PM

My guess is that a lot of these folks want to buy in at a good price or buy some mining gear on the cheap.  I cannot resist throwing out seeds of doubt in such hopes although I really do have some concerns about Bitcoin's viability in the sub $2.00 range so I tend to resist that temptation these days.

Other people probably got stuck sitting on a zillion scam-coins and hope somehow that their plight will improve if Bitcoin fails.  Or they hope that they could ride some of those trains if the pesky old grand-daddy were out of the picture.

Other people probably do have legitimate technical, fundamental, or political reasons for believing that Bitcoin should be bearish (or die).

It sort of does not pass the smell test that people would spend vast amounts of time and energy trying to manipulate opinion for no reason at all even if unemployment is fairly high these days.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: