Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:23:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a total nightmare  (Read 859 times)
spy100 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 10:14:56 AM

This is a total nightmare

Gold is now 1941.25 usd today
Euro value is increasing against the USD ...
What this means is that soon i will have to increase my prices to 5-10%...
BTC is now above 10200 usd ( How in the hell is going to buy btc ? if no one will have money to buy )
Govs are putting us out of business ...

I think i am moving from IT to agriculture (as i got some land ... ) ,there is no way my IT biz will survive like this ...

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 10:23:00 AM

Where are you and what were your potential margins?

I think any currency exchanging services will always face problems with exchange rates unless their margins are high enough to cover the volatility.

I guess if you're selling gold could you not buy as the orders come in instead of maintaining a surplus?
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 10:31:23 AM

BTC is now above 10200 usd ( How in the hell is going to buy btc ? if no one will have money to buy )

I think i am moving from IT to agriculture (as i got some land ... ) ,there is no way my IT biz will survive like this ...

Whoa, I hadn't noticed gold just hit a new ATH against the USD. Risk assets are looking bullish as hell. Shocked

Without knowing the structure of your business or where you're located, it's difficult to comment. Your business has foreign exchange exposure to the dollar? To gold?

How is the government putting you out of business?

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 10:34:18 AM

What technologies are you working with? IT is very broad and anecdotally IT seems to be one of the sectors that's least affected by the pandemic. If you're in events or tourism, then you're fucked, but IT seems to be fine for the most part.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2146

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 11:00:04 AM

Yep, it's a nightmare. But I'm not sure about moving from IT to agriculture would be a good idea because both require different skills, plus you will need more capital. Well, it depends on you, do you have enough motivation to learn and start from zero?

Look, I also forced to close my business temporarily, and what I said to my stakeholders was, "try to survive this pandemic by any means necessary, and we will come back stronger than before." In other words, there's an option to stop the business temporarily, not to change direction permanently.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4994

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 11:06:55 AM

What technologies are you working with? IT is very broad and anecdotally IT seems to be one of the sectors that's least affected by the pandemic. If you're in events or tourism, then you're fucked, but IT seems to be fine for the most part.

Agreed, i've been a sysadmin for a long, long time... And I don't expect to be jobless in the near future (unless something horrible occurs). Everybody is teleworking so demand for people that know how to keep hardware running, know the basics about networking, know how to configure and troubleshoot OS problems is high ATM (at least, in my country).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:27:06 AM

real nightmare..  maybe this can support this topic https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-25/the-message-behind-gold-s-rally-the-world-economy-is-in-trouble.

davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 915

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 11:27:20 AM

I don't see any direct correlation between your IT business and the Gold,Euro and Bitcoin prices.
What exactly is your IT business?During the last few months,the IT industry was flourishing,there's no reason to complain.I assume that you are located in the US and your revenue is in US dollars.
Agriculture is a really difficult business and you still depend on the government for support.
I don't think that "no one will have money to buy" Bitcoins.Most of the people have some savings and they will soon discover Bitcoin as a financial safe heaven.

TheArchaeologist

Activity: 310
Merit: 727

---------> 1231006505

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 11:44:58 AM

What technologies are you working with? IT is very broad and anecdotally IT seems to be one of the sectors that's least affected by the pandemic.
Judging by his signature he is in "Web development,Web Design & Graphic Design services".

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 12:00:42 PM

What technologies are you working with? IT is very broad and anecdotally IT seems to be one of the sectors that's least affected by the pandemic.
Judging by his signature he is in "Web development,Web Design & Graphic Design services".

Exactly ... and it's based on International costumers that pay in dollars ...dollar falls  i have to increase price do to fact i am based in Europe ...

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 12:04:12 PM

Whoa, I hadn't noticed gold just hit a new ATH against the USD. Risk assets are looking bullish as hell. Shocked

Gold's ATH was 40 years ago. That is adjusting and accounting for inflation which I'm told is the entire point of gold. If you'd piled in in 1980 you'd still be waiting to break even. This is why it doesn't cause me to thicken and engorge.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 12:11:10 PM

Exactly ... and it's based on International costumers that pay in dollars ...dollar falls  i have to increase price do to fact i am based in Europe ...

Have you already reached a problem with a lack of buyers or is it thst you're expecting this trend to continue? Did gold have much to do with this?

Gold's ATH was 40 years ago. That is adjusting and accounting for inflation which I'm told is the entire point of gold. If you'd piled in in 1980 you'd still be waiting to break even. This is why it doesn't cause me to thicken and engorge.

I guess if no one gets interest from risk free places like banks and don't want to take the risks on bonds or shares - the precious metal sector has a lot of attractiveness. And if they're below the inflation rate currently since 1980 compared with the dollar that means they might still have growth space.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 01:06:23 PM

well dude,just for reminding,my uncle on my hometown work as a farmer,on 2018 i am back to my hometown, and I do what he does on his farm. for sure its really hard,and also many many thing u need to learn about agriculture,i just wonder,did u really want to sacrifife your IT skill just because this pandemic,just try some new thing with your skill,i am sure u will get some,rather than work as a farmer,i doesn't say farmer is a bad job,of course it is a noble work,but well,its just kinda dissapoint to see people desperate like this.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 01:18:10 PM

well dude,just for reminding,my uncle on my hometown work as a farmer,on 2018 i am back to my hometown, and I do what he does on his farm. for sure its really hard,and also many many thing u need to learn about agriculture,i just wonder,did u really want to sacrifife your IT skill just because this pandemic,just try some new thing with your skill,i am sure u will get some,rather than work as a farmer,i doesn't say farmer is a bad job,of course it is a noble work,but well,its just kinda dissapoint to see people desperate like this.

Well i just hope it will get better else 15 years of experience goes down the toilet do to some chinese guy in Wuhan who decided he has to eat bats  for dinner... if it goes bad i will raise prices and do something else until it gets better again i hope...  i can't complain as i can afford to raise prices and wait ... but some people can't ... IT sector is crumbling...people say they need us but i don't see money moving ...Today someone asked me to build him something that takes 3 months to build i gave him price 4500 euros ...fair price do to economic coditions ...and he wanted me to build his project for 300 euros .... "300 euros for 3 months of work are you joking or mad ?"

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4994

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 01:46:57 PM
Merited by spy100 (2), gentlemand (1), TheArchaeologist (1)

--snip--

Well i just hope it will get better else 15 years of experience goes down the toilet do to some chinese guy in Wuhan who decided he has to eat bats  for dinner... if it goes bad i will raise prices and do something else until it gets better again i hope...  i can't complain as i can afford to raise prices and wait ... but some people can't ... IT sector is crumbling...people say they need us but i don't see money moving ...Today someone asked me to build him something that takes 3 months to build i gave him price 4500 euros ...fair price do to economic coditions ...and he wanted me to build his project for 300 euros .... "300 euros for 3 months of work are you joking or mad ?"

They're not joking, nor are they mad... They just don't realise our skillset is valuable. They just see our punching on our keyboard and nothing physically gets produced so they think "i can do this, it's more of a hobby, why would i pay anybody for this". Offcourse, our skillset also takes years to develop, it's not free, it's not our hobby either... But hey, that's just not how we are perceived.

I can't even recall the amount of times i went over to friends or family to fix their home computer, and they don't even offer me something to drink. Just fix it and get out (you don't get payed, you don't get a cup of coffee, you don't even get gasmoney)... And if their crappy homecomputer breaks withing a year after you fixed it, it got broken because something you did a year ago (according to them) so it was your fault and they basically force you to fix it again (for free offcourse). ugh...
On the other hand, my nephew is an electrician. If he has to fix something for friends or family he charges €15/hour (wich is cheap in my country) and everybody is gratefull for him coming over and giving the friends and family discount... But he comes over and physically changes something, he works with powertools and electricity, so nobody thinks this is his hobby...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:04:44 PM

--snip--

Well i just hope it will get better else 15 years of experience goes down the toilet do to some chinese guy in Wuhan who decided he has to eat bats  for dinner... if it goes bad i will raise prices and do something else until it gets better again i hope...  i can't complain as i can afford to raise prices and wait ... but some people can't ... IT sector is crumbling...people say they need us but i don't see money moving ...Today someone asked me to build him something that takes 3 months to build i gave him price 4500 euros ...fair price do to economic coditions ...and he wanted me to build his project for 300 euros .... "300 euros for 3 months of work are you joking or mad ?"

They're not joking, nor are they mad... They just don't realise our skillset is valuable. They just see our punching on our keyboard and nothing physically gets produced so they think "i can do this, it's more of a hobby, why would i pay anybody for this". Offcourse, our skillset also takes years to develop, it's not free, it's not our hobby either... But hey, that's just not how we are perceived.

I can't even recall the amount of times i went over to friends or family to fix their home computer, and they don't even offer me something to drink. Just fix it and get out (you don't get payed, you don't get a cup of coffee, you don't even get gasmoney)... And if their crappy homecomputer breaks withing a year after you fixed it, it got broken because something you did a year ago (according to them) so it was your fault and they basically force you to fix it again (for free offcourse). ugh...
On the other hand, my nephew is an electrician. If he has to fix something for friends or family he charges €15/hour (wich is cheap in my country) and everybody is gratefull for him coming over and giving the friends and family discount... But he comes over and physically changes something, he works with powertools and electricity, so nobody thinks this is his hobby...

Exactly like that it is ...

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:16:27 PM

--snip--

Ironically it can help to raise prices. Gets rid of the cheapskate clients and the ones that stick around usually gain more appreciation for the time you give them. If all you have are cheapskate clients you're shit out of luck though.

Have you been trying to acquire projects in Europe? Unfortunately the market has been mostly locked down by head hunters but expertise is still very much sought after.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 6369

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:30:44 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2020, 10:54:12 AM by stompix

~

That is because nowadays everyone does websites, everyone can install a theme or a shopping cart, when you on a freelancer websites there are hundreds and thousands working for pennies, so itr's normal for a lot of people when they see this amount of offers to lower the price they are willing to pay.
When you get quotes from people from Asia for websites in a few hundred $ it's quite impossible to pick a westerner for 2000$, isn't it?

Yep, it's a nightmare. But I'm not sure about moving from IT to agriculture would be a good idea because both require different skills, plus you will need more capital. Well, it depends on you, do you have enough motivation to learn and start from zero?

Agriculture as in surviving, or agriculture as in surviving and earning a bit to buy stuff above clothes and light bulbs level?
The first can be done by almost everyone if you have land and it's not really shitty rocky or mostly clay soil or in a real extreme weather region.
Second, that's whole different stuff altogether, the basic knowledge you learn from Wikipedia or discovery is not going to help you.

And since we're talking about agriculture and people like to think of basic survival agriculture as having a few animals on their farm let me tell you this..
Animals don't know it's Sunday, animals don't know it's X-mas or easter, they don't take weekends off they don't take holidays, they don't give a damn it's your birthday or it has just snowed.  At 6 o'clock, you'd better be fully awake and strat feeding them and giving them fresh water, and then....oh god...prepare to clean..! It might be your birthday but the first present you're going to get will be a load of crap!

Back to the nightmare the OP is claiming is upon us...Sorry but I don't see any.
I don't know from what part of Europe you are but here things are slowly back to normal. Another apocalypse avoided.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:33:37 PM

Have you been trying to acquire projects in Europe? Unfortunately the market has been mostly locked down by head hunters but expertise is still very much sought after.

I had clients in Europe but the big companies hire recruiting agencies ,you just give them your cv and all you can do is wait ...
Another problem is that they want you to move there ...i have family to take care of where i live ...i just can't move to another country just so you can watch me "code" ...the only way i can do it is remote ...

I gave my cv to a "uk company"  few days ago we agreed to work remote and to do a test project ...they wanted someone to code html/css ...so i said to them ... i will send you video of my work for each project, if you like what you see in video you make payment and i send you the html/css files after ....they said "no" ,they wanted me to send the html/css code and after they make payment if they like it ... Basically screw you we going to pay if we want to. but we going to do what ever we want with your code ...

In coding biz it does not matter where you live or how many hours you work on project ...only thing important is you deliver your work before deadline and client must like your work ... that's it. And if you do programming it must also be secured and no bugs .

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:44:46 PM

its not just you that are affected in this economic crisis, those who are looking to start a business are also trying to get cheaper services to save funds. how is a web development project going to take months, are you going to start from scratch? you just need to offer that client an option to take short route like CMS.

agriculture and farming is a good choice, be self sufficient.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀