Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:07:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Name really matter in crypto?  (Read 3473 times)
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 01:42:30 PM

As far as I think the written name that by the project is known is not a matter but the people's perciveness about the name that is the brand recognition is the matter. So, always check out the members background behind the project before investing in any project.
gabbie2010

Activity: 2688
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 01:50:31 PM

what makes the project successful is of course the products and teams in the project are not "name" Cheesy despite having a good name but the concept and performance of the team is very bad then the project will never be successful
What  matter most is the team of experienced experts handling the success of a project  not the name, no one cares about the name a diligent study and knowledge through research on the project by reading  whitepapers and profiles of the team of experts assembled to handle the project will help in determining how reliable and future prospect the project  .

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Zazzu

Activity: 518
Merit: 256

Living the truth....

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:14:28 PM

Your brand will decide everything, so before you want to create a good project, you need to name a really good name. It will greatly affect the users
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:43:50 PM

Your brand will decide everything, so before you want to create a good project, you need to name a really good name. It will greatly affect the users
Somehow a unique name will also attract the investors. But, the most important the team behind the project if this is a solid team and able to improve their project.  A lot of scam even if its a good name if the people behind it don't know how to develop it will end a failure. So most important the team who works hard behind.
judaspriest

Activity: 1330
Merit: 100

C O M B O

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:52:57 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
if you want to invest, of course the name of the crypto currency is very important, there are many crypto currencies, check in Coinmarketcap, you can see thousands of crypto currencies, my advice is choose the top 1 to 100

TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1451

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 05:15:16 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
if you want to invest, of course the name of the crypto currency is very important, there are many crypto currencies, check in Coinmarketcap, you can see thousands of crypto currencies, my advice is choose the top 1 to 100

If an altcoin due to an aggressive pump moves from 2736 place to 88 would your advice still work? Cheesy Dont be silly, people could invest into any coin or token, but after a proper research. And the name is not important at all. Or you think that, for instance, Zap (on 646 place), sound better than UNUS SED LEO (on 17 place)? This UNUS rhymes with "a-nus". Would you rather invest in anus that in top17 than in Zap?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 05:32:50 PM

If an altcoin due to an aggressive pump moves from 2736 place to 88 would your advice still work? Cheesy Dont be silly, people could invest into any coin or token, but after a proper research. And the name is not important at all. Or you think that, for instance, Zap (on 646 place), sound better than UNUS SED LEO (on 17 place)? This UNUS rhymes with "a-nus". Would you rather invest in anus that in top17 than in Zap?

TopTort777 I understand what you want to say, and I agree with you partially,
because most of my investments is going to Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is a sound
name, we must agree about that I think.
   I don't say we should invest in something just because we like the name, but
usually good projects and amazing things have a sound name. And good and
sound name will attract more people.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 05:36:30 PM

Personally I do get attracted if the name just gives the sense of the project, it is short, to the point, easy to remember and attractive but i know for most people name is not a thing to consider because there are other important things that one checks before investing and obviously prime importance is given to the use cases and competency of the team but name somehow does matter a little atleast for me.

themohit

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 06:24:13 PM

You can apply same question to any company - Is the name of it is the key to success? Definitely no.
But It does play a certain role in success, so as I said you can apply same for crypto
For example, doge coin did become successful because of its name Partially, but there are others that do not rely on the name and marketing as much

O W N R   W A L L E T      ❱      Create EOS accounts and manage EOS in an HD wallet      ❰      BTC, EOS & other coins
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱      Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay      ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER          App Store  ]          FULL EOS SUPPORT          [ Google Play ]          REDDIT   YOUTUBE
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 06:46:03 PM

TopTort777 I understand what you want to say, and I agree with you partially,
because most of my investments is going to Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is a sound
name, we must agree about that I think.
   I don't say we should invest in something just because we like the name, but
usually good projects and amazing things have a sound name. And good and
sound name will attract more people.

But here, too, I can argue with you, since the "good name" is different for everyone. Perhaps someone thinks and wonders why bitcoin with the name "bitcoin" has achieved such success? Anyway, I agree that the name should be simple and memorable, as well as evoke some kind of association.
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 06:50:42 PM

Name doesn't really matter if it's a unique one. What should be is the team behind it and it's plan for the future. And when I say unique name is it shouldnt sound like a fake version of some other successful project.
E.g EtheNium

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1400

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 09:40:38 PM

In my opinion, the name of the crypto is not an important reason for the success of the project, the achievements of the project and the products it provides and the continuous development are the most important, If the name of the currency is not taken from the name of the project, then this is not important to this degree. The success of the project is what will lead to the success of the name of the currency, even if the name is different.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
abeecrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 242
Merit: 18

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 09:56:10 PM

I don’t really get your question. If you mean crypto projects, I would say name matter to a level. Well, it doesn’t matter like the potential value of the project. Investors hardly take interest in the name of the project. If the project has a good use-case and a great team, investors will go for it. Having said that, just like in non-crypto currency projects, a good project name would add some spice to the branding and perceived nature of the project.  A good project name could attract investors.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 10:39:18 PM

Picking a good name for their coin or a project might be necessary because it could be used as a description or a marketing strategy for more investors would be attracted or interested in their project. It is why they should be picking a name that are unique or sounds interesting, so that a lot of people would remember it like Bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ZincUnrated

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 11:11:28 PM

Not really, even the worst of names have actually done really well in this industry and sometimes, you don't help but wonder if truly names of projects really matter with the value such projects bring. I personally think that, a project is measured by its products and the solutions as well as partnerships such projects have. If they are high level projects then there is a huge chance that such projects will do well.
daniahya
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2020, 12:57:35 AM

In my opinion names has no impact on cryptocurrency projects, however it can also give attract to some crypto enthusiast to make such good and presentable names. But for me, i guess it's not about the name, the real thing is the gesture and innovative product is made out of cryptocurrency and to be successful project in the long run.
true, the name of a project I don't think has much impact on the success of a project, what makes them successful is the work of the project team, and the team in it as well, and of course the products they offer
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 10:00:23 AM

I don’t think that name of the project holds much importance if the concept is unique and something that catches the eye of the investors and people.

The name turns into a brand when the project is a huge success anyways so why worry about the name? But of course, it does some good if it’s really sensible and catchy as there is something about the name that relates to the investor’s interest in the project.

Some basic conditions to be met while selecting a name should be:
1. Easy to pronounce and spell.
2. Must be something that relates to the concept of the project.
3. Something that goes with the project symbol/icon.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 11:09:15 AM

Name of a project doesn't really have anything to do with it's success,as long as the project has a unique use case and delivers,and the team behind the project is active,also if the project is listed in good exchanges with volume,I think no one would even care about the name of the project rather they would want to see what it can offer.

If there is no solid foundation and sincere motive, the project will not go anywhere even if they use bitcoin or satoshi attached to their name. We have seen a lot of crap projects trying to use the name of bitcoin, but  where are they now? I remember this bitcoin love and satoshi token. All gone. So nope, name doesn't really matter, it is about its purpose in the market.
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 11:34:16 AM

A coin with solid institutional backing wouldn't mind names of a token. Name actually has a psychological effect on public response to a token. Imagine names like Skycoin , Elrond and Injective Token. They sound interesting. Injective token is native to injective protocol exchange that is fully decentralised

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 11:35:57 AM

The name doesn't really matter, you can't go round buying coins because of the names they bear, there are some dead coins with cool names and there are some good coins with horrible names, LOL, don't invest/buy because of the name, invest because of the potentials you see in the coin, the name selection is just a description of what the coin was made for.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: