Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Name really matter in crypto?  (Read 3473 times)
Tomohisa

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 02:28:08 PM

Yes, it is very important to think and chose a name for your project because you can't change it without a real set back after going public with that name. From what I saw, only when coin under a swap that they need to change their name. If your coin's name somehow causes a negative reaction from people then you should abandon that project.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ohyeahhaha122

Activity: 267
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 02:52:11 PM

Yes, I think that's an important part when the project is running airdrop or bounty campaigns, I'm a bounty hunter, every day there are a lot of projects, a part that my team and I often filter projects. to do that is its name, it can be part of whether it's a fraud project or not

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 02:57:05 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
The success of a project can be based on what is behind their project, it can be from the developer team of people who are smart and careful in developing a project that he made, or it could be that what is carried out by this project is truly unique and good for the future, or it could be because their large community can also help the success of a project. but some projects today are mostly anonymous, sometimes some are fake or take people's profiles and the project is successful but only limited to hit and run then the project is dead. don't forget to continue research before taking action into their project.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
GWS My Boy

Activity: 600

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 03:12:31 PM

Yes, it is very important to think and chose a name for your project because you can't change it without a real set back after going public with that name. From what I saw, only when coin under a swap that they need to change their name. If your coin's name somehow causes a negative reaction from people then you should abandon that project.
of course the project died, there are so many con artists so far, they seemed very neatly arranged to commit fraud if you don't want to lose money it's better to be careful before buying coins

gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 05:21:26 PM

The name is more important than you think. No matter how good your project is, the best and hardworking members it is, the first thing people remember is your project name. It carries a message of how the coin want to be. Although name alone won't make your project become a success, it still very important.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 08:35:13 PM

it doesn't matter what is their name, maybe some coins named after some incident happen or it may sound like familiar words but as long as the coin has a working product and compare to other coins it does not matter.. team is still intact and have the latest update then no problem at all
amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 08:44:10 PM

Please there's something I really want to understand about this crypto industry because at times as a newbie in this cryptocurrency industry you might get this wrong by making more mistakes in crypto. Does crypto name really matter before it become successful?
lol.. name doesn't matter in the slightest.. what matters are those behind the making of the coin.. that why you have to do your own research before buying into just any coin you come across in the market
IvugeoEvolutionCoin

Activity: 840
Merit: 267

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 09:17:16 PM

it doesn't matter what is their name, maybe some coins named after some incident happen or it may sound like familiar words but as long as the coin has a working product and compare to other coins it does not matter.. team is still intact and have the latest update then no problem at all

Name of project or coin doesn't matter but at least a decent name makes more sense. When doing research on let's say DEFI projects and you see something like "asshole DEFI coin ADC", won't you skip it? It already paints a negative first impression for the project without looking further. So in essence, name doesn't make a project great, but name should be somewhat ok.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 11:30:17 PM

popular name usually put on board advisor in crypto project, they just used to attract investors only. due they didnt directly involved in developtment in my opinion they have no influenced to this project. except if this crypto influencer directly join in core team as CEO or anything else.look at john mc afee that involved directly in GHOST and it bring big influnced to developtment.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:14:18 PM

Success of crypto projects do not depend on names.  Names are just means of identification and also to give a glance of the area the project is focusing on.  One of the most important things is utility.  What problem does the project aim to solve? How realisable is their plans and so on? These and many more are more important than just names.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:30:38 PM

I don't really know but I think it does I mean who would invest in some project with a lame name or a boring name after but as the way I see it there are more and more crazy tokens or crypto going out nowadays.
There are some covid name tokens and I think they would continue to use whatever that is in trend to get what they want.
nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2020, 11:11:54 AM

you are wrong. The name is good marketing. If your project is full of new people, how can you convince investors to join the project? especially with a team background that cannot be proven. cooperating with people with big names is the most important. they can help marketing become stronger.
if you do ico with your own name certainly is a good action in your opinion? if you look at coinmarketcap many strange names and unique cryptocurrency if you assume is a marketing name everybody knows it but if it has a good name if it does not have the support of a large company that is willing to support you, of course, your project will be in vain.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 09:42:07 AM

If you want a domain name for your website, then it is one of the most important ingredients for your success. However, when you choose a name for the crypto project, the ultimate goal is in mind ..and not how cute the name is!

Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 12:08:02 PM

Well, name doesn't really matter.  It is the use case that matters the most. But people get to have some first hand information on what the project is all about with the names at times.
On a lighter mood, I think any project with DeFi related idea are now getting lots of attention. So I think projects with DeFi names really matter now.....lol
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 12:45:59 PM

If you want a domain name for your website, then it is one of the most important ingredients for your success. However, when you choose a name for the crypto project, the ultimate goal is in mind ..and not how cute the name is!

Absolutely, if you want the project to be successful then they need to develop the project exactly the way they stated in the roadmap, the name of the project doesn't really matter. If they have a good name but don't have a product, the project is bullshit and not worth investing in.
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:27:50 PM

Even if they have a great name like awesome coin but it turns out to be a shitcoin it will not do good, coins have no impact why people will invest in a coin it's what it bringing to the table and its features, investors will even like an initial of words as long as they can make a profit from it.
gazilla

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:36:01 PM

Personally to me the name of crypto matter quite much, as in my opinion it shows the level of seriousness and thought put into the coin, But it is not everything, it should be followed by a good team and promising project   
restuibu

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 02:42:37 PM

name is not an important requirement for a project, in my opinion, a cool name only attracts a few people to invest. But in fact, investment people do not see the name but see the quality of the products offered Cheesy
I think you can think, the name is important or not Wink

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 02:50:19 PM

I think crypto name is not really a matter to become successful in crypto space because the important,the project should build a good foundation with great strategy to have a great demand in the market. Once it is established the demand will make it's name to become famous and to get to know well in crypto industry.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
usm2000

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 03:12:19 PM

I think the selection of a good name depends on ideas and only to attract investors , but if you do not want to get a mistake , my advice right the name is not one a thing in prioritize to but products in generate the roadmap for , do not ever lose their motivation to examine a project and do not rely on greed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: