Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:32:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ethereum Foundation ETH2, The Biggest Update For Etherum | From PoW To PoS  (Read 375 times)
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 04:14:01 PM

As You all know The Ethereum Foundation is making the biggest upgrade of it's Blockchain & how it's going to be run.
Ethereum 2 is about to take off their Testnet, probably August 4th if the minimum needed validators count of 16,384 are allocated.

For this reason etherum Foundation created  this  eth2 validator Launchpad:
https://medalla.launchpad.ethereum.org

The basics of Ethereum 2 is to migrate from Proof Of Work (PoX) to Proof Of Stake (PoS). this means it's time to ditch miners & sticking to PoS.

After locking the sum of 33 ETH, the node owner will have to generate & upload his public keys to the deposit smart contract to be verified.

How much will an Etherum 2 Validator Earn Doing This?
By running your staking node, you'll be able to earn a passive income in ETH of up to %10.3 on yearly basis.

Timeline and milestones: Eth2 will be released in several phases:

It's a long journey to achieve for Etherum 2 & this will make Etherum as we know right now skyrocket in price value & become one of the best Asset Of Value same as Bitcoin.

10% yearly profit doing almost nothing, no mining, not elecricity cost for you miner ... no more bills, just get your ETH ready & load your node & get the easiset ETH you'll ever have is most probably on of the biggest dream of old ETH holders.

The demand on Etherum will differently make it more  valuable for the next coming months.

Source: https://blog.ethereum.org/2020/07/27/eth2-validator-launchpad/
If the reward for staking will be 10% get ready for Eth to really boom to moon and 5k will be realistic target because big money will rush to stake Eth by purchasing from the market resulting in higher demand and more value.
But as far as i have read somewhere else the annual staking reward will be around 5%, the official percentage will only be revealed when pos is launched but the demand for ethereum is going to grow in any case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeehaxan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 06:38:32 PM

As You all know The Ethereum Foundation is making the biggest upgrade of it's Blockchain & how it's going to be run.
Ethereum 2 is about to take off their Testnet, probably August 4th if the minimum needed validators count of 16,384 are allocated.

The basics of Ethereum 2 is to migrate from Proof Of Work (PoX) to Proof Of Stake (PoS). this means it's time to ditch miners & sticking to PoS.

After locking the sum of 33 ETH, the node owner will have to generate & upload his public keys to the deposit smart contract to be verified.

By running your staking node, you'll be able to earn a passive income in ETH of up to %10.3 on yearly basis.

It's a long journey to achieve for Etherum 2 & this will make Etherum as we know right now skyrocket in price value & become one of the best Asset Of Value same as Bitcoin.

10% yearly profit doing almost nothing, no mining, not elecricity cost for you miner ... no more bills, just get your ETH ready & load your node & get the easiset ETH you'll ever have is most probably on of the biggest dream of old ETH holders.

The demand on Etherum will differently make it more  valuable for the next coming months.

I think a lot more clarity is needed about how ethereum's proof of stake model will actually work because in simple staking just holding the coins is enough and you receive the rewards back in same wallet where coins are held while in terms of running a node proper system is required with internet otherwise you need to run it on a cloud with vos service, i hope it will be simple staking and not some technical procedure so that everyone can participate.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
IvugeoEvolutionCoin

Activity: 840
Merit: 267

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:03:09 PM

I was so excited when I saw the update for ETH 2.0 public Medalla Testnet genesis launch. Some dope teams from Lighthouse, Prism, Teku, Nimbus, and Lodestar behind it. Also Quantstamp is not left out to ensure no loopholes with respect to security lags. I hope the actual PHASE 2 launch of ETH 2.0 worth the wait, everyone waiting to stake ETH.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2020, 07:13:46 PM

for those who can still afford to get 33 ethereum right now, i will advice you consider this offer a gold in disguise. it is more of a passive income over the years but then it will not appear as though one has such until the price appreciates and becomes just like bitcoin. The cost of acquiring ethereum will be much more when it comes to a later time after lunching.

Miaallen

Activity: 573
Merit: 30

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 09:52:47 PM

The ETH 2 is a major landmark which is going to record a great success. This is now a worthy direction of which one can face or turn his or her investments to.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 10:06:45 PM

That's so true, the switch to Proof of stake protocol is one big move for the Ethereum network to increase its scalability and adoption. Once that is done more decentralized applications should be able to get deployed on the network with very low fees. Moreover, we are going to have a network which is faster and less cheap in terms of transaction fees as compared to what we are experiencing currently.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
vvampire

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 02:35:28 AM

Really great to see eth developers working round the clock to make Eth 2.0 a reality as soon as possible, the real events will be mainnet launch and then full implementation of eth 2.0 with change of algorithm from pow to pos, really excited for a fully loaded year for ethereum and its hodlers.

if you put up the 33 ETH for a testnet Eth.2.0 Node....are you automatically in to run a node when it goes live? Curious.

Brad

It's 32 ETH

How it works is in the link to the ETH blog in the OP
vvampire

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 02:42:47 AM

https://storage.googleapis.com/ethereum-hackmd/upload_431e6a8ec269404e3f89fec7133482b9.png

https://medalla.launchpad.ethereum.org/static/media/timeline_testnet_launch.fe6d64e7.svg

I think a lot more clarity is needed about how ethereum's proof of stake model will actually work because in simple staking just holding the coins is enough and you receive the rewards back in same wallet where coins are held while in terms of running a node proper system is required with internet otherwise you need to run it on a cloud with vos service, i hope it will be simple staking and not some technical procedure so that everyone can participate.

There will be no need to have redundant internet, etc.  If your up most of the time, you'll be fine
omnipotence

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 02:54:37 AM

Really great to see eth developers working round the clock to make Eth 2.0 a reality as soon as possible, the real events will be mainnet launch and then full implementation of eth 2.0 with change of algorithm from pow to pos, really excited for a fully loaded year for ethereum and its hodlers.

if you put up the 33 ETH for a testnet Eth.2.0 Node....are you automatically in to run a node when it goes live? Curious.

Brad

It's 32 ETH

Yes not 33, but 32
This was on the ETH ANN topic, pretty interesting....

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 02:57:00 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2020, 04:06:35 PM by contraband

Brad

It's 32 ETH

Yes not 33, but 32
This was on the ETH ANN topic, pretty interesting....

Here below is the Legend from the the graphic, explaining what the numbers do. Kinda need this with it
@omnipotence😉lol

Also,  some other good points from @zasad

The price can rise for several common reasons:

1. Increase in demand for a coin
2. Reduction in the number of coins in circulation

"1.Ethereum 2 phase 0;
2.EIP-1559;
3.The end of mining; and
4.Ethereum 2 phase 2."

https://www.attestant.io/posts/charting-ethereum-issuance/

And after phase 2 we can see 1 and 2 reason, but it’s very difficult to say how long Phase 2 will start.

Correct on the 32, and yes great info on the graphic.
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 03:04:41 AM

Will staking only valid for those who run a node of 32 eth? I mean the 10% what if we hold eth less than that, are we eligble for rewards prorated to the eth we hold? Or its not gonna earned interest? Damn thats big profits but I hope that there is an option too for low holder and not only to those validators. Compiling 32 eth is really expensive now especially the price is continously increasing.
vvampire

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 03:13:17 AM

Will staking only valid for those who run a node of 32 eth? I mean the 10% what if we hold eth less than that, are we eligble for rewards prorated to the eth we hold? Or its not gonna earned interest? Damn thats big profits but I hope that there is an option too for low holder and not only to those validators. Compiling 32 eth is really expensive now especially the price is continously increasing.

Yes, you must have 32 to stake
and Yes, getting 32 is a bitch

Somehow this news isn't traveling very fast.

I can foresee prices really getting silly as the news spreads over time.

Anything under 30k I would say is a deal, but not many have spare 30k lying  around  lol.

Only 13k for 32 right now, but if you don't have the whole 13k now, plan on it being more,  as the price will be going up drastically as we go
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 03:27:09 AM

Yes, you must have 32 to stake
and Yes, getting 32 is a bitch

Somehow this news isn't traveling very fast.

I can foresee prices really getting silly as the news spreads over time.

Anything under 30k I would say is a deal, but not many have spare 30k lying  around  lol.

Only 13k for 32 right now, but if you don't have the whole 13k now, plan on it being more,  as the price will be going up drastically as we go

Another good ETH 2 thread here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5263964.0

CryptoCrawler_2017 (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:32:07 PM

10% profit for 33 Ethereum is already a good profit if compared it to any banks in the world, this is the reason why people are so into Ethereum now in the market many wants to stake now that Ethereum is still cheap could not have the better time to buy Ethereum for the up and coming POS this is an event everyone in Crypto are looking forward.
10% passive income yearly is actually a killer in the crypto world, it's so hard if not impossible to find a good alt like Etherum giving you such yearly Staking income doing almost nothing.
With the main release of ETH 2 i'm sure we'll see ETH above 2k & why not even 3k for the next coming months, in the years 2021+.
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 09:07:11 PM

10% profit for 33 Ethereum is already a good profit if compared it to any banks in the world, this is the reason why people are so into Ethereum now in the market many wants to stake now that Ethereum is still cheap could not have the better time to buy Ethereum for the up and coming POS this is an event everyone in Crypto are looking forward.
10% passive income yearly is actually a killer in the crypto world, it's so hard if not impossible to find a good alt like Etherum giving you such yearly Staking income doing almost nothing.
With the main release of ETH 2 i'm sure we'll see ETH above 2k & why not even 3k for the next coming months, in the years 2021+.

Of course, and that is why Ethereum is enjoying so much support right now. But I thought its only 32 ETH, anyways, only semantics maybe. Banks can't give that returns and only you can find in crypto that huge ROI, yes it's really a killer specially when Ethereum's price rose in the bull run. We also have to remember that it is still the choice for most projects still despite the many challenges from different main net.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 04:22:49 AM

This way is more efficient than mining with asic or gpu device + electricity cost. But you need more money to buy the coin first.
What is the minimum amount to become a valid validator ? 33 ETH ?
omnipotence

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 05:18:46 AM

This way is more efficient than mining with asic or gpu device + electricity cost. But you need more money to buy the coin first.
What is the minimum amount to become a valid validator ? 33 ETH ?

32 ETH to be a validator
coin-investor

Activity: 2814
Merit: 571

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 06:10:11 AM

32 Eth is such a huge amount to stake at the current price I love staking but it looks like my pocket cannot afford 32 Ethereum I'm pretty sure that the price will go to the moon once they finally released it so I will just hodl on to my Ethereum and wait for the price to go to the moon.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 06:23:14 AM

32ETH is way too much for many people, this will only be easy for whales in crypto space, I do hope that the POS coin amount can go lower for those who don't have much eth to be able to stake their coins too, what is vitalik thinking? So unfair

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcampaign

Activity: 1750
Merit: 268

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 06:50:43 AM

a system like this has been running for a long time, where people can stake or mine just by locking in funds within the allotted time, 10% for 1 year seems attractive as well as preventing a big dump in the price value too, at least increasing faster, just waiting for ETH2 it really releases without delaying any more time

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: