Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you fear the president of your country, one day, making Crypto illegal ?  (Read 4064 times)
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:34:42 AM

It's not that government has not tried to make crypto illegal, they did and they failed.
The same happened in my country. The government first ignored it, after some complaints, they cracked down on bank integrated exchanges. They even seized mining equipments and called mining and trading of crypto illegal. But that didn't stopped people from P2P trading and mining. And with cheap electricity here, mining farms are again booming this time with the protection of state.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:38:08 AM

Even if crypto got banned in my country I will still use it, banning won't stop me from using and it's even impossible because crypto is decentralized, something like each man for himself, I'm ready to take risk with my own hard earned money, why would my government restrict me from using it?

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:46:19 AM

There is always that possibility of course. We know that the Cryptocurrency Industry is not based in any country and it runs free internationally. The use of the forum is one of the best way to gain knowledge about Cryptocurrencies and you can actually monetize time here in the forum. If ever government officials learned that, they will at least have a hard time pinpointing on where to get restrictions using Cryptocurrency BUT they can create some ways that you will be unable to turn your Crypto into cash and that would really be scary.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:00:20 AM

banning on other countrys did happen already so why not on yours or on ours ?

but we dont want that to happen . users not only on this forum have thier own investment and business on cryptos  . banning on cryptos will make those all obsolete and we are going to have a hard time earning a profit because the effects of covid are also still there  . currently we have a good president here on our country and he fully support cryptos .
chikator

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:37:43 AM

What if, for example - like after that twitter hack - the President wakes up (in a bad mood) and decides with an executive order to make all crypto illegal in the USA?

Of course this probably will never happen in today's world, as the there is big money is invested into crypto currencies; but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible...

Or the next elected president is so "old school" and decides that crypto needs to go?

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?

I dont think this will ever happen where im from. Theres little to no knowledge about crypto even with our normal citizens, the possibility that the president will even consider this is minimal.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:44:30 AM

All Crypto holders fear this scenario this means he cannot trade hodl and might go to jail if their president ban Crypto in their country so it's better those Crypto community that resides in your country, should unite and support president that will not ban Crypto for the sake of this technology in your country.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:46:25 AM

Crypto would have seized to exist today if government can kill it, they tried though but in the end they have no choice but to embrace the technology, crypto and blockchain isn't a joke, bans on crypto won't ever stop crypto, right now crypto is 100 times more stronger

The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:46:58 AM

I think the possibility is always there, and I am afraid that this will happen in my country especially our President is very aggressive on things he suspects illegal and those not covered by the government. But I hope before they do that they should think many times and look at the good things crypto can do for us specially for the future.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:47:55 AM

What if, for example - like after that twitter hack - the President wakes up (in a bad mood) and decides with an executive order to make all crypto illegal in the USA?

Of course this probably will never happen in today's world, as the there is big money is invested into crypto currencies; but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible...

Or the next elected president is so "old school" and decides that crypto needs to go?

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?
Infact in my country they did exactly that and then state/national bank also issued a notification  that all cryptocurrencies are illegal in this country and it is forbidden to buy, sell or exchange any coin but to my surprise it is continued and even growing more and more and i am sure in the end govt. Will surrender and have to accept the crypto and legalize them through some rules.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 09:55:16 AM

It can happen to any country depending on the president's view regarding cryptocurrency.

However they should not ban or set crypto as illegal since its only a digital currencies and actually giving users a convenience in which fiat cant do.

Instead of banning crypto, they should be after scammers because some of them are using crypto as tool to scam other people for their own sake.

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 10:05:12 AM

Anything could happen, the bad or the good, we just have to be ready with that.

As of the current state, our president is pro crypto and it's already regulated in our country, so I doubt soon it will be ban as they surely understand bitcoin could help the economy to grow, in fact bitcoin is useful for small countries as it gives us an opportunity to transact online easily and faster compared to the traditional system which is the banking and the remittance centers.

As the world is adopting in cryptocurrency, I doubt a just president would not embrace that opportunity as when more people are using bitcoin, it will also help to increase the tax collection, so as long as there is a proper regulation those risk will be minimize.

Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 10:09:15 AM

Where I'm from we've been warned not to invest in any crypto, my government thought it was a scam or Ponzi scheme until later when they came to realise that crypto is a helpful technology capable to change the life of many, now my government is now spreading news about crypto and blockchain, advising youths to get into the tech 

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 10:15:21 AM

They can't simply ban it, they should report proper reasons for banning anything even it is not only the decision of president.It will be researched by expert group for a while then the report will be submitted to higher officials as well as president then only they can ban it.So it is not going to happen over night. Grin
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 10:35:32 AM

It's meaningless to make crypto illegal, just as it's meaningless to stop people from using stones for trading. So stopping people from using it will not work unless you really have a tyrannical/lawless system in place.

People can always exchange goods and services amongst themselves without a third party/centralized system and without breaking the Law.

Perhaps they will stop calling it crypto and still use decentralized/peer-to-peer method with native community-owned coin/token to pay for goods and services
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 11:27:56 AM

Crypto can't be ban and that's the fact, even when it was banned in India I have friends in that country and we still make trades and do other crypto things, crypto is hundred percent unstoppable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2020, 11:45:48 AM

Crypto can't be ban and that's the fact, even when it was banned in India I have friends in that country and we still make trades and do other crypto things, crypto is hundred percent unstoppable

It is impossible to ban a decentralized asset such as cryptocurrency. But the government can harass the users by prohibiting the trade between cryptocurrency and fiat cash. They may not be able to harass all the cryptocurrency users, who may number in millions. At the most they may arrest a few people and use this to frighten the other users.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 12:22:05 PM

It's the worst that could probably happen if you are a trader or holder because you will be restricted in what you can do and you will go underground so you can trade and invest in Cryptocurrency some country are even fine and charge holders of Cryptocurrency so the future is bleak for those whose countries are restricted.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 01:32:33 PM

I dont think we will yet have this as a problem. It's almost impossible to ban a decentralized asset being cryptocurrency. It's not ponzi scheme, its not scam, it's not illegal. There there is no room to be afraid when you are legally doing a legal thing

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:08:19 PM

You can prohibit a lot, including cryptocurrency, but prohibitions cannot stop progress. If something like this will work successfully next to it, then perhaps with restrictions or with some amendments, but the crypto space will exist everywhere.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2020, 10:12:06 PM

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on cryptocurrencies is ever possible in your country?

It's the worst that could probably happen if you are a trader or holder because you will be restricted in what you can do and you will go underground so you can trade and invest in Cryptocurrency some country are even fine and charge holders of Cryptocurrency so the future is bleak for those whose countries are restricted.

A user dependent to cryptocurrency in terms of their income, it will affect the user when he can't cash out to fiat. It can stop the trading in one country if the head declares it ban and illegal.

Some of us couldstill trade probably to an exchange that doesn't restrict your country or probably on DEX like Bisq that allows TOR. But still cashing out would be difficult.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: