Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some people stop their crypto project?  (Read 22882 times)
Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 11:15:23 AM

For example, from the very beginning project planned to raise money, show a small work, and then abandon the project, I think this is a popular option.
That's how the scammer is causing many investors to lose money in this market. They create a project of bullshit and make a small product, then attract investors to invest in their project. After the plan is complete they will abandon the project and leave the tokens bullshit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 11:30:16 AM

the solution to that problem is guarantee. for example every investor who puts money in there, will get a money back guarantee when the project stops but I think it's difficult. or if not, investors put their money at the end of the project. So, the project must run first until it completes the listing and distribution of tokens, after which new investors put in the money. but here, investors have first registered with the project team so that everything is clear, how many and who are the investors.
Zeehaxan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 11:36:01 AM
Merited by bigcash2011 (3)

In a short while that I have been in cryptocurrency I have seen so many crypto project and fantastic budget and planned you see that some of them still left the project unfinished some even do stop the crypto project without any pre_information about the sudden change of plans concerning the particular project so what do you think about the crypto project that have been suspended half way , what do you think that should be done for this kind of the attitude of crypto developer's concerning crypto project abandoned project.
Mostly this happens when there is dispute among the team members or simply the team thinks that the project is not feasible anymore with the changing market or one reason could be inappropriate use of funds resulting in loss of funds and bankruptcy that results in abandoning of the project.
In any case i think there are always solutions out there and if the team is serious and they think that the project is viable they should hand ove rthe project to some other competent team of developers with a deal where the old team can hold some percentage of tokens while new can have double the percentage of tokens to revive the project.
Compeltely abandoning the project is really annoying rather pathetic because the supporters and investors are the ones that suffer and this also gives bad name to icos, new projects and crypto in general which is not the right thing to do.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 12:00:26 PM

Developers have reasons to suspend projects that they have run for reasons of the market situation and the lack of interest from investors in new projects, failure to achieve the soft caps they are targeting can temporarily stop the project until the developers get the funds they are targeting to develop projects with minimal funds.

The main reason for stopping the project is the lack of interest from investors. But if you look at the statistics, we will see that most of these projects are scam. That is, initially, the project was not going to be completed, limiting itself to collecting money from trusting investors.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 12:11:01 PM

In a short while that I have been in cryptocurrency I have seen so many crypto project and fantastic budget and planned you see that some of them still left the project unfinished some even do stop the crypto project without any pre_information about the sudden change of plans concerning the particular project so what do you think about the crypto project that have been suspended half way , what do you think that should be done for this kind of the attitude of crypto developer's concerning crypto project abandoned project.
Over the years i have seen many projects going down and finally closing completely some of them are Envion which was biggest mining ico but it was spoiled by the clash of CEO and rest of the team.
Similarly, Taas that was like a mutual fund in the crypto space stopped out because they didnt make any profit for more than a year and could not survive the long bears market because they had to pay staff and profit themselve so due to no revenue they decided to stop the project and distributed all their holdings and profits to the token holders.
So you can see there are different scenarios and factors that result in the closure of a project.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 12:25:28 PM

They stopped the project because they did not reach the softcap, they cannot get a license like what happen to Adab they have a lot of alibi and bad reasons to stopped their project some alibis involved the Covid like what happened to Geomadao, each project has their own reason and if they did not refund their investors then we can consider them scam.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 12:38:06 PM

They stopped the project because they did not reach the softcap, they cannot get a license like what happen to Adab they have a lot of alibi and bad reasons to stopped their project some alibis involved the Covid like what happened to Geomadao, each project has their own reason and if they did not refund their investors then we can consider them scam.
they are initially scammers if they have reasons not to return funds to investors. those projects that say that they were influenced by COVID most likely just lie to disappear

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 12:40:16 PM

From my point of view, the reason why projects suddenly stops because team members and developers didn't manage and innovates their projects very well that investors lost their interest participating and investing their money. Unlike other projects, they continuously developing their project to make it more successful to attract more investors and to have a good value in the crypto market.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 12:41:17 PM

The are many reason why some people stop their crypto project one is that their project cannot hook with the needs of the investors. Another is that while their selling is ongoing it tend not to reach even just their soft cap that is why they stop their project.
There was another reason too just like they have no funds again to continue the development progress and this has already done by so many scam projects. So many dead projects have been using the various reason to exit from their responsibility with the investors

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:20:30 PM

I think some of the crypto project has stopped or left behind because of lack of development, no further plans for future gains. I think the correct word to say that the project is abandoned. Abandoned project can earn by their investors, so if they abandoned the project with no further development, only them could earn by buying their project tokens. But no earnings in the part of investors or bounty hunters.
Most likely they can't evolve like the roadmap they came up with, which is the reason most of the altcoins in this market collapsed. They have ambitions to change the market but cannot fulfill it. And besides, there are also many projects that copy the ideas of other projects to steal investors' money
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:23:27 PM

First of all, the most obvious one - you make up a magical project, get the investors in it, you run away and take all the profit short term sort of.
Second option ,not so obvious - you make up a magical project, get the investors in it, developing and marketing is not so magical in reality tho, investors quit and so does the project leader.
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:46:04 PM

lose of interest or lack of finance to support the project, or the idea and concept of the project turned out to be too difficult to achieve and the team decided to abandon the project, i have seen some cases like that where suddenly the team will decide to stop project or sometimes they sell it to another team who are interested, but in my opinion i don't really like such attitude.
cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:47:54 PM

Usually it happens to projects that lack investors, so they may not be able to cover the need for project development and also the project does not get good interest in the market. Or maybe it was a fraudulent project that was just looking for profit and then just walked away.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 05:59:46 PM

Most "teams" abandon a project simply because they made enough money with an idea. Most don't have working products and so nothing to lose. You always have to be careful with the projects you decide to invest and if you are trading, holding is never a good idea.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 06:55:18 PM

I believe most of those developers that stop their crypto projects along the line don't really have a realistic vision and what it takes. Some of them just jumped into it without a strong focus. At the same time I give kudos to crypto projects that strive for success in the space such as Bluzelle (https://bluzelle.com) and others. I have been following this particular project for a while and trust me they have not disappoint their community both in the good and hard time we experience in the space. They keep on developing and becoming better. As it stands, their mainnet launch is going live soon.
This is the kind of project we want to be seeing around, having strong team, solving real life problems with planned road map.

Nice sideways of this thread, though those developers who stop working with their projects either realized that they didn't get the support or really don't have any concrete plans adside from scamming investors money.

Be careful with any investment that you'll going to support, it's important to follow the team and check if they are really exist and not just a dummy that the sole purpose is to scam out.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 07:37:38 PM

Some of them just couldn't continue while others lost hope for their project and got tired.
But most of the time they are just scam they just want the money from investors and doesn't really have plan to finish what they started.
Henrytrust
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 07:56:19 PM

There could be divergent reasons why developers choose to stop development of a project, I think the major reason is related to finance. Developing a project could be quite tasking in terms of resources and finance assists in securing the needed resources to fund a project development. It takes a great deal of effort to convince private investors to believe in your dream and most investors are majorly concerned about interest and profits from the project, when this is not forth coming, they get discouraged
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 08:20:17 PM

Because their goal from the start is to earn money and that's it, they don't care about crypto adoption resulting to add bad image on crypto. They already earned money so they abandoned it. It's unfortunate but there are always people like that abusing and getting advantage of the investors. They should rot in jail but some of them has anonymous teams or fake photos, All we can do is be cautious not to be fool by those scammers.
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 08:51:08 PM

Some projects fold due to mismanagement, insufficient funds to run the project or poor strategies, but most projects actually fail because they are scam. Proper use of funds after token sale is important, some projects use more than required funds for promotion, appropriating little to product development and so on. Some projects fail due to legal constraints.
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 10:28:10 PM

If this happen, then they just intend to scamming people. Real project will work for their products untill it finished. Some scam projects only do some sale, if they sold their tokens successfully, they will get listed on market then dumping the price and abandoned the current project, then Make another project with a fake team and whitepaper.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: