Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:57:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you use a paper wallet to store your CryptoCurrencies?  (Read 450 times)
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 02:18:42 PM

I see none of title and the article to have the same purpose. It seems you are trying to shill, may be?
Anyway, for long term holder, Paper wallet is the best in my opinion as it is safe from being hacked, malware affected or getting destroyed etc unless it gets burned or lost. However, one must generate paper wallet in a proper way if they want to be secure.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 05:34:47 PM

You do realize that paper wallets have been a thing for the past 10 years right? People have used paper wallets for a very long time and if you google bitcoin paper wallet you could find results dating as further back as early years of bitcoin itself.

So, the question of "would you use a paper wallet" has been answered, people do not use it too much, if they wanted to they have a chance to do it already, so it is not a new idea that would suddenly get a lot more attention from people if presented to them, it is already an existing option if they want to use yet almost all of the investors of crypto ignores.

Hence I think the answer is no, they wouldn't use it. In any case if you want to start something like that in a wave, I would say go for it, maybe you would be the one who could change it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:02:31 AM

Paper wallet is the most simple wallet to use, beginner in cryptocurrency can use it for first time but it is not recommended to store big amount of coin.
Personally i won't use paper wallet to store my coins, just install the wallet on my pc. Paper wallet is vulnerable from phishing site if you want to access it from web wallet. And, you shouldn't use walletgenerator.net to store your btc.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dhoe

Activity: 1442
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:10:08 AM

Until now, I never used a paper wallet, I am more comfortable using a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger. In my opinion, paper wallets do not last long, unless you write on something made of iron, not on plain paper.  I think that both paper wallets and hardware wallets have their respective advantages. It's up to you to choose which one.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 03:32:09 AM

Personally I don't use a paper wallet and never have, I prefer the hardware wallet or online wallet that I trust, paper wallet will be efficient more when the person wants a long time storage of their assets without any immediate access to it, so storing paper wallet in a more safe and secure place is very necessary, I see it a bit stressful to preserve funds for quick usage, it is good for long term hold, while hardware or online wallet are good for subsequently usage.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 03:36:27 AM

Previously I have considered storing some of my coins and tokens in paper wallets and hardware wallets. But I gave up the idea because Paper Wallets looked too complex for me and I thought that the chances of losing access to your coins is much greater than someone hacking your wallet and stealing the coins. For now, I am sticking with the online cryptocurrency wallets.
xenon131

Activity: 487
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 08:58:36 AM

But I gave up the idea because Paper Wallets looked too complex for me

Why? It is nothing more than a piece of paper with printed address and private key  to control fund on that address. I know a few wallets that suggest their backups in the form of paper wallets and it looks like not a bad idea at all.

Bмecтo cтpaxa в cepдцe кaждoгo yкpaинцa  яpocть и жaждa мecти pycнe. Instead of fear in the heart of every Ukrainian there are a rage    and a furiousness  for revenge to ruska kurva aka rusnya.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 09:12:58 AM

Most people in crypto use storage that is convenient and secure for them. The majority uses online wallets, I prefer using a hardware wallet and I think there are only few who uses paper wallet. As long as your crypto is secured and safe it doesn't matter where you keep it. Your funds, your responsibility.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 09:33:51 AM

Yes paper wallet is best for long term holding because it works offline and mobile wallet is good for short term holding, trading and crypto daily use, online wallets can get hacked easily than offline wallets

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 09:43:24 AM

I mostly use my Hardware Wallet, but I also have a bunch of pre-printed paper wallets that I use every now and then. Would be quite skeptical to start printing new ones though - mine are many years old. It's hard to get accustomed to older wallets when I have a HW sitting around.

If I had no hardware wallet, I'd definitely use paper wallets more often. They're an amazing cold storage if you follow all security measures properly and get to print a safe one. Had all ny funds on them a while ago and no penny ever disappeared.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 10:35:43 AM

Those are still a bit risky since paper wallets can be stolen and all they need is a Scanner to figure out that they have a QR Code full of money with it. I mean its RISKY but if people can keep it in safe places like in homes where people wont really search for, then I guess it is possible to keep them there. Though having a paper wallet is already risky because of how people are knowledgeable on how papers can be. Papers are easy to tear apart and what if you are storing all your money inside those with no backups. It would be risky but I guess its worth a try after some beta test.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 01:10:12 PM

I don;t know what people would go for, but believe me almost everyone in the forum today uses a paper wallet t store their crypto currencies. I say paper wallet to terms with trust wallet, imtoken, coinomi; which are apps that we use most as bounty hunters to store our assets. The seed phrase are same as the paper wallets for me if you are able to print it out.

One certainty is that be it a paper wallet, cold storage or nano wallets, as long as you do not compromise your safety; trust me your funds are safe.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 01:22:15 PM

It's not important how you store your keys but what's most important is that you keep them in safe place so you don't lose it. Everyone has different method of storing their keys. Some people prefer paper while others prefer offline and hardware wallet. Personally I find paper wallet to be very useful and safer than other means of storage. It really depends on what you are holding and your knowledge. paper wallet may not be the best option if you are just starting but its always something worth learning if you want to be in the safe side. key word: safe place.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:04:51 PM

I tend to go for very secure things that anyone can easily afford or use. If it's expensive/advanced, then it has to be very multiple purpose. I don't really like buying such things and needing to buy another similar ones to meet my other needs. Besides I want to be used to stuff I can make myself, to make many at any time (in both good & crisis/difficult time) and keep them well decentralized too. So I will go for easy-to-make DIY wallets. If I must buy something advanced, it has to have many other uses and very secure
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:08:48 PM

Paper wallet is more safer because hackers tools works online or through the internet, since paper wallets remains offline means they are lot safer than mobile wallets that are always online or connected to the internet
If you are going to hold a coin that you will be long term for a long time holding your coins to paper wallet is highly recommended, it is also highly recommended that you have for trading, for online activities and wallets that you will use maybe for inheritance..

for inheritance means long term same as when you hodl for a long time , both needs to be exported offline for safety  .

your idea of seperating coins for different use is helpful and i never think of that before but i just store all the coins inside of an online wallet . sure paper wallets are ofline and are safe from online hacks but they are weak for the elements of the outside world .
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 09:56:38 PM

I would definitely love to use paper wallet to store my crypto assets. I have been reading about this paper wallet, but never try to generate or own one. I think it is safer especially for long term storage due to its generating procedure which involves having no Internet access during the process. But for now, I stick to what I know best.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 04:42:34 AM

I will using paper wallet to store my coin, why ? because i know how to use it and secure it.
Never use paper wallet if you don't know to use if safely because paper wallet can be easily phished with some phishing website.
I even can use wallet just from javascript, just generate the random privkey you want and through secpk256k function, get public key and convert it to address.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 06:13:31 AM

Definitely Paper wallet is one of the safest wallet to store cryptos in long term but we doesn't necessarily need any services to do it so because in cryptos don't trust anyone so just write the keys on a paper is enough and better keep them in water proof container when you are going to hold them for years.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 02:16:52 PM

no I'm not gonna use and store my cryptocurrency in a paper wallet. I would rather use a hardware wallet / offline wallet. and if before anything happens i would tell it to one person I trusted most just in any case..we dont know what to expect next day

leeboy

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 02:34:34 PM

Maybe paper wallet could be useful as long term solution but in my opinion software wallets are much better if you make at least several transaction per month. That's why i prefer to use non custody wallet. Coinomi, ownr wallet, etc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: