Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The United States blocked Tiktok and Wechat, the era of decentralized VPN is com  (Read 205 times)
koiyuczal1932 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:08:47 PM

The confrontation between China and the United States has intensified, the fire of trade war has burned to the internet, isolationism is becoming more serious, countries will be more and more fragmented, centralized internet will be more strictly regulated by countries. So many overseas Chinese groups, there are so many cross-border businesses with WeChat and international students groups, can foresee the follow-up VPN will certainly rise a wave but does not rule out the use of Trump further blocked VPN, after all, VPN also involves the collection of United States user security and privacy issues, it seems to go to the center VPN. Now this field is Orchid, Mysterium and Tachyon several, and the products are out, Orchid has a star founder,https://tachyon.eco / these Goods have more than 900,000 global users, feel the market is huge Ah.
fineverkurt

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:14:08 PM

Very fast VPN !
I think its relevance will only grow during the economic war and more people will use decentralized technologies
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 03:23:00 PM

The confrontation between China and the United States has intensified, the fire of trade war has burned to the internet, isolationism is becoming more serious, countries will be more and more fragmented, centralized internet will be more strictly regulated by countries. So many overseas Chinese groups, there are so many cross-border businesses with WeChat and international students groups, can foresee the follow-up VPN will certainly rise a wave but does not rule out the use of Trump further blocked VPN, after all, VPN also involves the collection of United States user security and privacy issues, it seems to go to the center VPN. Now this field is Orchid, Mysterium and Tachyon several, and the products are out, Orchid has a star founder,https://tachyon.eco / these Goods have more than 900,000 global users, feel the market is huge Ah.
I have to say to say that this business and economic war is getting ugly day by day, I mean how these fun apps are a threat to some countries economy i just do not get it.
Although these negative things will boost crypto market and multiple projects that aim open access including decentralized vpn projects plus cloud computing but in ethical terms what is going on is not what people want.

Seoyun4

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:11:41 PM

I have to say to say that this business and economic war is getting ugly day by day, I mean how these fun apps are a threat to some countries economy i just do not get it.
Although these negative things will boost crypto market and multiple projects that aim open access including decentralized vpn projects plus cloud computing but in ethical terms what is going on is not what people want.
in any case we can conclude that such technologies will be in demand and the demand for it will grow !
I will continue to monitor and see how the project will develop
OcTradism

Activity: 1778
Merit: 810

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 04:15:16 PM

How will the restrictions on Tiktok and Wechat in the USA. cause a growth of VPN? I don't catch your reasons for the statement. In China, there are strict control and management from Chinese governments on local Internet but in the USA. things are not like that. TikTok or Wechat is only one of app, even big ones but I don't think they change anything on the Internent globally.

There are news that Microsoft, Twitter plans to buy TikTok.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
diggpudunno

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:21:08 PM

How will the restrictions on Tiktok and Wechat in the USA. cause a growth of VPN? I don't catch your reasons for the statement. In China, there are strict control and management from Chinese governments on local Internet but in the USA. things are not like that. TikTok or Wechat is only one of app, even big ones but I don't think they change anything on the Internent globally.

I want to say that a decentralized VPN will be in demand in any case !
This is only one of the reasons . I myself use it on my Android smartphone and I must say that it is quite convenient
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:39:43 PM

And ocne tiktok is bought, it wil now be allowed in the US market?  The privacy issues are gone when that happen and we can all thumbsup.  Grin  Hope you can provide the link to that news.

Very fast VPN !
I think its relevance will only grow during the economic war and more people will use decentralized technologies

Relevance will depend to this economic war and whether we hope the war continues or not, investors would just have to wiegh to fundamental analysis whether to dump or hold Orchid, Mysterium and Tachyon. That would be fun.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 04:42:22 PM

I am not sure how much these apps were used in USA and what were their concerns regarding the use of these apps, i am talking about US governmnet, i mean if this banning strategy starts China can ban big US apps like fb, whatsapp, messenger and many more so this is not the right thing to do and there is no need to get so low. Regarding the use of decentralized VPNs definitely their usage will boom especially in US now because many people will want to access the banned apps in an anonymous manner, so maybe time to fill bags with all these coins.

Jemzx00

Activity: 1484
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 04:46:55 PM

I guess, his point is about the use of Tiktok, Wechat and other application or website that are banned on certain countries which can be cause of growth of VPN but I too think that it won't even matter as the majority of the users of VPN use it for additional protection and safe browsing. US doesn't even use WeChat as it doesn't provide the same features as China uses it. US have other apps that has the same use of WeChat for transaction and communication. Tiktok may have influence US and even provided some people sponsorship for their content but it won't matter as those sponsors will back out too due to the banning.

This is only one of the reasons . I myself use it on my Android smartphone and I must say that it is quite convenient
It's quite a unique idea to involved cryptocurrency for a decentralized VPN but I don't really see that it will be as in demand as there are a lot of major VPN companies that are already out there.

▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                  ▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▄▄▄
                  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
                       ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒         ▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
            ▒▒▒                                 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
           ▐▒▒▒▓▒▀▀▀▀▒▓▒▒ ▄▓▒▒  ▀▀▀▒▒▓  ▓▒▄▓▒▒ ▐▒▒  ▐▒▒▒▓▒▓  ▒▒▒
      ▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓    ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▐▓▓▌  ▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▒▓▓    ▐▓▓ ▓▓░▓▓ ▄▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌▓▓▓  ▓▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
..Jemzx00..██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
.Bounty Manager and Filipino Translator.
Experienced | Fast and Efficient | Spam-Free | Trusted | Budget Friendly
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
..Jemzx00..
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                  ▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▄▄▄
                  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
                       ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
            ▒▒▒                                 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
           ▐▒▒▒▓▒▀▀▀▀▒▓▒▒ ▄▓▒▒  ▀▀▀▒▒▓  ▓▒▄▓▒▒ ▐▒▒  ▐▒▒▒▓▒▓  ▒▒▒
      ▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓    ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▐▓▓▌  ▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▒▓▓    ▐▓▓ ▓▓░▓▓ ▄▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌▓▓▓  ▓▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
Holodnotok

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 05:13:43 PM

I guess, his point is about the use of Tiktok, Wechat and other application or website that are banned on certain countries which can be cause of growth of VPN but I too think that it won't even matter as the majority of the users of VPN use it for additional protection and safe browsing. US doesn't even use WeChat as it doesn't provide the same features as China uses it. US have other apps that has the same use of WeChat for transaction and communication. Tiktok may have influence US and even provided some people sponsorship for their content but it won't matter as those sponsors will back out too due to the banning.

It's quite a unique idea to involved cryptocurrency for a decentralized VPN but I don't really see that it will be as in demand as there are a lot of major VPN companies that are already out there.

these companies are centralized and can be pressured by the government . But in this case everything is different and it is a completely different level
Eddyc

Activity: 1018
Merit: 391

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 06:28:02 PM

We know that there is currently a trade rivalry between the United States and China and that it affects virtually all global trade. So with the possibility of decentralized VPN the crypto world can be the alternative improvement for this demand and it can be the best time.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:29:42 AM

This happens because of Trump, but he is not staying in office for the next ten years he could possibly lose in the next election and the United States will have another president with a different approach to their foreign policy, and the landscape in the internet could greatly change I hope the people of the United States will choose a better leader..
Francis Freeman

Activity: 1005
Merit: 502

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 03:46:29 AM

While decentralised apps and VPN's may benefit from the trade war between the two economic super powers it sets a bad precedent and it isn't good for the world economic situation and progress. I hope this stops soon.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1775

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:07:21 AM

I saw, in several print and electronic media, about President Trump's plans to shut down several social media such as: TikTok, WeChat, and also several applications that the OP mentioned.

Trump, has a fairly simple but meaningful reason, namely: (national security), I think a country that has strong and powerful rivals is certainly a reasonable reason to prevent information that will be obtained by foreigners on the data and location of their country.

India has done a similar case, blocking nearly 59 Chinese applications, for the same reasons of 'security', one of which includes the TikTok application, If I conclude in this regard, it is purely political economy and power.

If it is implemented I think it will not affect Cryotcurrency and the Bitcoin Forum, for example India, until now they are still using Crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
AitorMarcos

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 06:42:33 AM

I still can't believe this happened.
It is absolutely irrational, stupid and has no profit for anyone except us govs basically.
slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1230

Livecasino, 20% cashback, no fuss payouts.

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:04:42 AM

It's a lot of bullcrap seriously. Most of us online here aren't from China, or even the US, in my experience all those saying all this nonsense aren't even directly affected. What fire of trade war? Tiktok and Wechat blocked, so what? People who really want to use them already know about VPN. And why use blockchain projects when you have free ones that are as easy to use as chrome extensions?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:22:34 AM

It's a little funny when you think of it.
Before it will be war if they are in misunderstanding. Literally war. Blood spill.
Now what? Worms and Virus spill? Internet and application blocking. Firewall.  Grin

Yeah! Looks like VPN services will be a boom now.
Is there an investment style here? I want in.  Grin

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 07:44:55 AM

Are Tiktok/Wechat really that important for their users so they must access it even if it was blocked by their government? I honestly don't see it. They'd probably move to another platform that do the same thing. Even if they still need to access this platform, I don't think they want to specifically use a decentralized VPN. There's just not enough reason to assume so.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 10:20:39 AM

Only for those who really find this apps useful will consider the use of vpn on them, the banned on this apps are justified in my opinion, i know the tension between usa and China is growing like wildfire so it is better they took appropriate measures on certain areas, not very encouraging to have a spyware app installed in your device, sorry to say but it seems China are hungry for world power and they are willing to go any length to have it,  so I think the restriction is very necessary.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1540
Merit: 575

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 10:37:59 AM

Probably the OP thinks that those people who loves to use Tiktok in the US will use VPN to circumvent the US sanctions or bank. But I don't think that alone will increase or will herald the new era of decentralized VPN. I know that decentralized VPN has it's place, but not in this manner.

I'm sure they will rethink their options with the two executive orders that President Trump has signed regarding Tiktok and Wechat.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: