Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:33:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] FreeTradeCollective.org Beta  (Read 1353 times)
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:56:00 PM

http://FreeTradeCollective.org

The Free Trade Collective is a place to buy and sell your things for Bitcoin.

Goods are priced are in US Dollars, but all payments are made in Bitcoin at prevailing exchange rates.

Escrow is provided for all sales. Money is converted to US Dollars while it is in escrow.

Listings are free, but the escrow is charged at 1.21% of the whole sale (including postage and packing). This amount is subtracted when payment made to the seller.

Each time you buy or sell something, you receive a small share of ownership in the Free Trade Collective. The size depends the amount of the purchase and date of finalization of sale. (Early adopters are hugely favoured.)

Two types of listings are available

Fixed priced listing
Use this if you operate a business or have a fixed price you want to sell your item for.

Decreasing price listing
Use this if you have items in your garage or attic that you want to get rid of. You can set the price of the item to reduce by 5 cents (for example) each day until the item is sold.

The website is in beta. Please don't list items for more than $10 for now.

Payouts are not automatic yet. No private keys are stored on the webserver. For now I'll be reviewing every outgoing payment and processing them on an offline computer to protect against hacking attempts.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 09:09:42 PM

Looks good, would love to see this gain traction!

I had some problems while registering. '+' is a perfectly valid character in an email address, but your form doesn't accept it. Second, I hit the upper limit of 18 chars on the password. Lower limits are good, upper limits are unnecessary and annoying.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 11:12:34 PM

yes with a little more work (Bug Killing) this will come become the better implementing that beats the competition

the site has a professional look to it expect for some kidish img like this one, you should change this

also the banner at the top MUST GO

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 11:21:12 PM

yes with a little more work (Bug Killing) this will come become the better implementing that beats the competition

the site has a professional look to it expect for some kidish img like this one, you should change this

I wish I could agree. The only good thing this site has going for it right now is that banner and those buttons.

Keep 'em. You'll get more traffic. It's the only reason I remembered your name.

EDIT: I lol'ed. http://freetradecollective.org/us-dollar-bill,name,100053,auction_id,auction_details

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 11:33:17 PM

your site will be added to www.TheBitcoinReview.com

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 03:09:06 AM

I wish I could agree. The only good thing this site has going for it right now is that banner and those buttons.

EDIT: I lol'ed. http://freetradecollective.org/us-dollar-bill,name,100053,auction_id,auction_details

Yeah, I like the crayon. Should do it more completely. Also the top image is pretty thick. All just my humble opinion.

And I don't think anyone cares, but denominating in dollars really turns me off.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 04:00:44 AM

Yeah, I like the crayon. Should do it more completely. Also the top image is pretty thick. All just my humble opinion.

And I don't think anyone cares, but denominating in dollars really turns me off.

I like the denominating in dollars, no need to go look at mtgox's chart and pull out the calculator.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 04:12:02 AM

compare with similar site
http://bidbitcoins.com/#1f48ee5b4e58

https://www.biddingpond.com/

The list of Auction sites - http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/sites.php?catid=4&subcatid=28

I had to give him a +1,5 stars, review for putting these other sites to shame, with beta release no less.

Wink

don't listen to them get rid of the kids it dosnt fit with the rest of the look.

that or make everything else look kiddy, and sell rainbows and lollipops  

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 04:48:40 AM

Congrats.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 05:12:09 AM

Escrow is provided for all sales. Money is converted to US Dollars while it is in escrow.
Listings are free, but the escrow is charged at 1.21% of the whole sale (including postage and packing). This amount is subtracted when payment made to the seller.

i don't care for this crazy Escrow to usd and then back to bitcoin

now i have to put up the price a liitle for the item i posted after reading this .......... get rid of it

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 05:23:31 AM

Guys, thanks for all the feedback. Sorry about the late response, I've been flying across the world to get this conference in Prague over the past 36 hours.

I had some problems while registering. '+' is a perfectly valid character in an email address, but your form doesn't accept it. Second, I hit the upper limit of 18 chars on the password. Lower limits are good, upper limits are unnecessary and annoying.

Thanks for the bug reports!

It does still have bugs, I launched it a little earlier that I was comfortable with as I wanted to get something out there before the conference, but I think it's a Minimum Viable Product already. Watch out for improvements in the coming weeks.

I'll keep the crayon style, but I've already launched a contest for a better design . . .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52685.0

I'd love if Bitcoin were established and stable enough to be able to be used as the listing currency. We're not there yet, and we won't get there by wishing it or trying to force it. I think we'll get there by encouraging transactions in Bitcoin to grow use and that's what I'm trying to do. If I ask people to list in BTC, they'd need to login everyday to change their prices according to the latest exchange rate. That would be unworkable and doomed to fail. But we don't accept other payment methods. You can't pay in USD. You can't use Paypal or credit cards. We're Bitcoin only for payments.

\
I had to give him a +1,5 stars, review for putting these other sites to shame, with beta release no less.

Wink

Wow! Just thanks a lot.

i don't care for this crazy Escrow to usd and then back to bitcoin

If Bitcoin were to stabalize, we could do Bitcoin Escrow. The difficultly with Bitcoin Escrow right now is that the value can change radically, even over 24hrs. It might 24hrs to pack and dispatch your item, and in that time, if the funds held in escrow have dropped by 10% the seller might opt not to complete the transaction, and if operating on a large scale, effectively get free hedging. Escrow in a stable currency is fairest for everyone and will lead to the fewest incompleted transactions.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 02:17:41 PM

Maybe you should add an option to opt out of USD denomination ?
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 07:32:34 PM

When completing the registration process and clicking in my email to confirm my account, I received this message:

-----
   User Account Confirmation   

Error: Account activation is not possible using this feature or the activation details you have submitted are invalid.

-----
It looks like I might be able to post anyway.

Also, it seems the only seller is in Thailand. That is fine and all, but in the listings page, you should show where they are shipping from.

On a more meta level, you should set up bug reporting. I use:
http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/StudentAndStartup.html

It is free and it works great, especially for one developer.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:52:25 AM

http://FreeTradeCollective.org

Each time you buy or sell something, you receive a small share of ownership in the Free Trade Collective. The size depends the amount of the purchase and date of finalization of sale. (Early adopters are hugely favoured.)

Could we get some more details on this portion here?  Is there an IPO for this ventrue?

I think I kinda like the crayon stuff. I am horrible at 'decorative' type decisions but will pull the site up a few more days in a row to see if the design still fits with more usage of the site.

Cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: