Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start cgminer with only specified hardware?  (Read 697 times)
misternanyte (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:13:36 AM

Instead of cgminer looking for everything it can use to mine and then hogging it, is there a way i can sort of "lock down" hardware to make sure cgminer doesn't touch it?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:06:29 AM

Read the readme section on the --usb command. You can specify how many devices to mine with and which specific device types and usb slots if you like.

Eg:
--usb :1
will limit it to mining only on the very first usb device it finds that it supports.

If you're talking GPU mining then you're in the wrong place.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
misternanyte (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:56:29 AM

Read the readme section on the --usb command. You can specify how many devices to mine with and which specific device types and usb slots if you like.

Eg:
will limit it to mining only on the very first usb device it finds that it supports.

Nah, not gpu. Just got a bunch of ASICMINER block erupter usb's and a few of the antminer usbs. I don't want cgminer touching the antminers because it has no real support for them. I looked through docs, i'm just tired of reading them. Didn't see that in there, for some reason. thanks
misternanyte (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:19:05 AM

okay now, how the hell do I do this with bfgminer? I just read over the docs, i can't find anything.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 01:26:06 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 01:44:01 PM by ckolivas

Eg:

Nah, not gpu. Just got a bunch of ASICMINER block erupter usb's and a few of the antminer usbs. I don't want cgminer touching the antminers because it has no real support for them. I looked through docs, i'm just tired of reading them. Didn't see that in there, for some reason. thanks
Eh? Cgminer works fine with antminer USBs unless you're using a much older version. 4.2.1 is the latest.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

Eg:

Sorry and Thanks this made me smile this morning...
I'm only going to assume OP didn't realize CK is who actually take care of cgminer   Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: