Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DeFi tokens - do they have a real value?  (Read 712 times)
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 08:35:26 PM

DeFi is the current trend and hype in crypto, therefore i think that a lot of Defi projects are overpriced at the moment compared to what they offer.
Some of them are straight up money grabs that juts put Defi in their name to benefit from the latest hype.
And then there are Defi projects that have a great team and a real use-case and could be very succesful in the longterm.
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 08:54:32 PM

can't be sure Defi will be popular with investors going forward but what I see now investors prefer to invest in token defi so that many token defi high pump

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 09:10:34 PM

I would like to share with you my idea about all DeFi tokens. I am little bit confused what is the real value of all DeFi tokens.
The value is determined by the open market and there are certain projects that are attracting investors and hence the price is going higher and once they dump the coin it will go down. Majority of the investors are familiar with the trends and they understand when to dump the coins.

one day people stop taking loans and the tokens become less interesting, that would mean that price of tokens will start falling down and people will be pushed to repay loans and that will cause that they start selling their tokens and this will lead into further crash. The worst thing is that there is no other motivation for buyers to buy these tokens and that could cause that you can loose all of your invested money, right?
Are you talking about people stop taking loans from specific projects or as a whole, the market will be competitive and as long as they are providing a competitive loan people will use them, i am yet to venture this space completely.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 681

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 09:41:09 PM

Everything in the crypto space have some value, but it's a matter of competition and some of them are bound to failed.
It's just that there's a hype in DeFi projects now, but it doesn't mean all of them are a good investment, just like an altcoins, some of them are shitcoins, so still research is important, don't go with the hype right away, look at the long term potential of the project or if you would like to play the short term movement, at least do have some trading skills to benefit from the hype.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 11:32:00 PM

can't be sure Defi will be popular with investors going forward but what I see now investors prefer to invest in token defi so that many token defi high pump
The only legit defi token that has already got so many attention from the investors. The investors will be seeing what will be the role of the token in the defi. The hype will no see whether the token has a very important role in the platform or not.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 11:36:11 PM

The only legit defi token that has already got so many attention from the investors. The investors will be seeing what will be the role of the token in the defi. The hype will no see whether the token has a very important role in the platform or not.

Many developers are riding with this hypes and the attentions of investors are with this projects, better to make sure to review
the usage and the offers of the project developers before jumping to this investment.
Lots of people will lose their money if they will not investigate the projects that they are supporting not because its been build to
DeFi system means that it will be fully developed.
molder555

Activity: 218
Merit: 1

I like Strawberry Milk

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 12:38:53 AM

Hi guys,

I would like to share with you my idea about all DeFi tokens. I am little bit confused what is the real value of all DeFi tokens. If I think about it, their are now valuable because there is a hype around all DeFi protocols, a lot of buyers, less sellers. But, one day people stop taking loans and the tokens become less interesting, that would mean that price of tokens will start falling down and people will be pushed to repay loans and that will cause that they start selling their tokens and this will lead into further crash. The worst thing is that there is no other motivation for buyers to buy these tokens and that could cause that you can loose all of your invested money, right?

That's why I rather see DeFi protocols that use native coins like Ethereum or Tron (Tron already has working solution) because these coins are not just good for one thing(DeFi), people will buy them for various reasons.

I hope you understand what I am talking about.  Cheesy
I Also agree to your understanding that DeFi is too hyped at this moments, but I think people who invest to these kinds of projects is aware of things that is happening in DeFi otherwise their investments would be much riskier as they hold on to this kind of project that they would not have knowledge about. I also think that DeFi projects will end on a good note, because the community is not just hyped but they're really active about the developments and about the future plans about DeFi.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1255

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 05:15:12 AM

Many developers are riding with this hypes and the attentions of investors are with this projects, better to make sure to review
the usage and the offers of the project developers before jumping to this investment.
Lots of people will lose their money if they will not investigate the projects that they are supporting not because its been build to
DeFi system means that it will be fully developed.

Not only that, but others also exploit the hype on DeFi maliciously.  I think it is happening again.  As the ICO become popular, lots of scam projects were launched using its method.  Now that DeFi is in its massive hype, I am sure scammers will start creating a scam project and use  DeFi hype to lure victims into their trap.  So we better be vigilant and always DYOR when tackling or investing in newly launched DeFi projects.
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:30:43 AM

Make sure you do research on popular DeFi projects just as you would go on coinmarketcap to get lists of top altcoins on CMC, do not make mistake by investing on any DeFi projects you see, that's a wrong move, DeFi hype have make scammers building scam DeFi projects just like ICO days

wowz2010

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:04:15 AM

for sure there are a lot of worthless tokens, but there are a handful of useful ones that deserve attention, investments and the growth that recently happened.
I see this defi madness as an opportunity for worthy projects to rise and shine, and as it was in 2017 most of the others will fall over time
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:09:15 AM

DeFi won't be this big if they have nothing to offer crypto space and crypto users, the reason why everyone is judging DeFi projects is because they never take their time to do their own research first, those popular DeFi projects are actually good

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:15:21 AM

Make sure you do research on popular DeFi projects just as you would go on coinmarketcap to get lists of top altcoins on CMC, do not make mistake by investing on any DeFi projects you see, that's a wrong move, DeFi hype have make scammers building scam DeFi projects just like ICO days
Actually you are right. There are lots of projects seen on twitter that launching an ICO for short term then will set liquidity on uniswap. Afterwards they will gone like a wind. Ive losses on some short term shitcoin Ive risk to invest with. I think its time to find a real valuable defi project and avoid shitcoins.

hrunya102

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:33:51 AM

The fall will be very painful, like an avalanche because of the fact that you will need to sell quickly to minimize losses. But now I can still make money on defi, so I will do it.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
PerfectCircle

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:37:51 AM

Those who are in danger investing in DeFi projects are those who don't take time to do research, you can't just invest in DeFi projects because they carry the name ' DeFi '  this will lead to losing your money in a very short time, find the real DeFi projects among the fake ones

r32godzilla (OP)

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:47:17 AM

I understand that DeFi protocols has various use cases, but I am talking that these tokens, currently there are hundreds of it has a one use case - only DeFi. And when this hype ends, probably a lot of them will fall into the death spiral.  Cry

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 07:48:43 AM

DeFi projects have good use cases that's why they are creating bso much hypes lately, for example do some research on chainlink and you will see what I'm talking about, there will always be some bad eggs but you can avoid them with research

landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:05:22 AM

Nice to see that all of us promoting DeFi tokens in our signature. It is a trend and we have to take this opportunity and earn what is valuable right now. Bounty hunters for the first time in the history will be more careful with selling DeFi tokens because they loose an option of getting passive income Smiley.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:28:59 AM

It doesn't matter which platform a DeFi project is running on, either Tron network or Ethereum smart contract I care less, what I'm after is the real use case of the projects, some DeFi projects have nothing to offer than lies and the DeFi hype

Rowenta

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:41:58 AM

DeFi projects success is undeniable, ICO experience have thought many investors how to be careful around new projects and I'm glad that DeFi is different from ICO completely, decentralized Finance just works better is all

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:56:04 AM

Hi guys,

I would like to share with you my idea about all DeFi tokens. I am little bit confused what is the real value of all DeFi tokens. If I think about it, their are now valuable because there is a hype around all DeFi protocols, a lot of buyers, less sellers. But, one day people stop taking loans and the tokens become less interesting, that would mean that price of tokens will start falling down and people will be pushed to repay loans and that will cause that they start selling their tokens and this will lead into further crash. The worst thing is that there is no other motivation for buyers to buy these tokens and that could cause that you can loose all of your invested money, right?

That's why I rather see DeFi protocols that use native coins like Ethereum or Tron (Tron already has working solution) because these coins are not just good for one thing(DeFi), people will buy them for various reasons.

I hope you understand what I am talking about.  Cheesy
People just care about taking loans only at the moment but which itself needs the collateral, they can sell them to make the money they wanted but still they are exploiting the defi tokens to make profits.Its just a short term so one who act first can make millions and rest will be nothing left.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: