Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mind Blown Gambling Facts  (Read 4724 times)
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 07:02:32 PM

I never know Tesla was that of a gambling addict though we still has to owe him the things we used right now even the telecommunication space and the internet.
What's with him when he gambles? gambling isn't that much of a deal for a normal person but it is for the judgmental society. Why is popular be condemned when people know they are gambling when it has nothing to do with them and the money they use are not stolen.

I think there's still mind blowing facts out there to dig I'll just keep this thread bookmarked. Kudos to OP for this list of facts.
Maybe there are thousands of interesting facts and experiences that we may never get to know because no one talks about it.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 08:39:53 PM

I saw these scenes in hollywood movies but never thought that these are practice in reality in the prisons. The purpose of moving criminal to prison is not only that he do not commit crimes but also his character is build up and he come out as a better person. If criminals keep play gambling, do fighting and take drugs in jail, then the purpose is not fulfilled.
In some country it's typical that when a drug Lord or rich people arrested and in behind bars some are still treated as if they didn't commit crimes and do glings and make the people their slaves. Some officials were allowing it since maybe they get also something from them. If only their will be a stricted rules and officials will be too faithful in their obligations these things will not happen. It's mind blowing that there are government officials that are still doing it.
Corruption is everywhere, it is possible to live haven like life inside the prison itself when you have money.And officials also wants to earn some so they let every criminal to do everything they wanted at the premium price tag, poor administration will lead their country prisons into such conditions.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 09:27:55 PM

I saw these scenes in hollywood movies but never thought that these are practice in reality in the prisons. The purpose of moving criminal to prison is not only that he do not commit crimes but also his character is build up and he come out as a better person. If criminals keep play gambling, do fighting and take drugs in jail, then the purpose is not fulfilled.
In some country it's typical that when a drug Lord or rich people arrested and in behind bars some are still treated as if they didn't commit crimes and do glings and make the people their slaves. Some officials were allowing it since maybe they get also something from them. If only their will be a stricted rules and officials will be too faithful in their obligations these things will not happen. It's mind blowing that there are government officials that are still doing it.
Corruption is everywhere, it is possible to live haven like life inside the prison itself when you have money.And officials also wants to earn some so they let every criminal to do everything they wanted at the premium price tag, poor administration will lead their country prisons into such conditions.
It is indeed part of the reality which is really happening in todays where people who are rich can really live like king while still get imprisoned just like on what happened here on my country where there are inmates
which are treated like VIP's where they can go in and outside on the jails as they like or even able to get some drugs and prostitutes in and out as they like.We cant really get rid of these stuffs if the administration itself
do really allow this kind of thing just because theyve had been paid off by that certain person in jail.They had been bust out after doing or letting those prison do as they want.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 02:38:44 AM

When we talk about corruption, it will depend on how we control our minds not to corrupt. No matter if there is many tempt to corrupt, if we have a strong mind, we will not get the effect. But still, it is very difficult to eradicating corruption everywhere because money will get them there in the trap, and they will follow what the person wants.

We can see that corruption is not just happening in prison, but it is also in the public because many people are hunger for getting "hot money" even if they are paid from their institution. But I am sure that corruption will reduce in one day because many people realize that it is not good for them.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 07:04:26 AM

These list is just a short list, and this is just what are recorded there are millions of gamblers around the world we could have thousand more but because people who are involved are high rollers or top government officials or celebrities they need to hide this to public because these are powerful people, there are so many scandals in the gambling table that we don;t know.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 07:18:16 AM

This thread was inspired by 9gag fun facts. I hope that you will enjoy reading it!  Shocked

Mind Blown Facts
    This thread is lengthy, but interesting to read. I caught myself reading until the very last number!  Thank you for putting this here. I learned new things about gambling and found some funny scenarios too.

#23 certainly made my day! Imagine having to prove a point and then turns out your husband is  ‘somehow’ right for his claims about gambling. I wonder what her reaction the moment she knew. I guess she had mixed emotions about it 😂

Some numbers made me realize that gambling is indeed a mix of chance and strategy. Sometimes it just depends how lucky you are the moment you risk to an odd ratio of possibility to win. [/list]
    GDragon

Activity: 658
    Merit: 126

View Profile
    August 29, 2020, 10:59:16 AM

True though, I remember a friend of mine, which is a film writer, once told me he was invited to meet a high profile inmate just to talk about the upcoming film of that inmate--which is a film actor by the way and at the same time a politician. The inmate's place looks like a big condominium with its own gold course beside.

The high profile inmate knew he's going out soon so he wants a new film when he go out, probably because he wanted to cover up his corruption side. My friend declined the project cause he felt sick realizing how corrupt our country is, he can't work for someone like that. Well, this really happen in true story, as long as you're powerful.

Laptops and phones can slip right through some of the inmates, and it will only happen with the help of the other authorities, its just that the world is full of imbeciles.

GDragon

Activity: 658
    Merit: 126

View Profile
    August 29, 2020, 11:04:55 AM

True though, I remember a friend of mine, which is a film writer, once told me he was invited to meet a high profile inmate just to talk about the upcoming film of that inmate--which is a film actor by the way and at the same time a politician. The inmate's place looks like a big condominium with its own gold course beside.

The high profile inmate knew he's going out soon so he wants a new film when he go out, probably because he wanted to cover up his corruption side. My friend declined the project cause he felt sick realizing how corrupt our country is, he can't work for someone like that. Well, this really happen in true story, as long as you're powerful.

Laptops and phones can slip right through some of the inmates, and it will only happen with the help of the other authorities, its just that the world is full of imbeciles.

This thread was inspired by 9gag fun facts. I hope that you will enjoy reading it!  Shocked

Mind Blown Facts
      This thread is lengthy, but interesting to read. I caught myself reading until the very last number!  Thank you for putting this here. I learned new things about gambling and found some funny scenarios too.

#23 certainly made my day! Imagine having to prove a point and then turns out your husband is  ‘somehow’ right for his claims about gambling. I wonder what her reaction the moment she knew. I guess she had mixed emotions about it 😂

Some numbers made me realize that gambling is indeed a mix of chance and strategy. Sometimes it just depends how lucky you are the moment you risk to an odd ratio of possibility to win. [/list]

Or worst, she got addicted to gambling herself cause he realizes there's really a chance to win! LOL

MFahad

Activity: 2478
      Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
      August 30, 2020, 07:29:12 PM

Fantasy, this is not happening in this days for we have the international law for human rights. If this really happening in your place then report it immediately. Let us help preserve humanity and resolve issues regarding on human abuses. I can't bear to see these people have this kind of attitude, an animalistic kind of behaviour. Well, we are animals but we are rational and able to think than the rest of the animals.

I guess somehow people are rude but they are also people that has born innate kindness. It is just they are also victims of abuses to which it affects their attitude.

I love than people not from post USSR telling me what is true and what is not, why i'm living here. I have my own story, from one man to whom i believe. He has friend which had lost to a former prisoner who was very high in prisoner hierarchies (russian term - вop в зaкoнe). As as a result he gifted his own flat to that prisoner, and he think that this was easy final for him (as i said above, "thief in law" could ask him anything in return for his life)

If criminals keep play gambling, do fighting and take drugs in jail, then the purpose is not fulfilled.

Prison in post USSR countries just make bad people even worse  Wink

This does not happen in USSR only. In many countries, the criminals either die or spent rest of their life in Jail. But those who move out of jail after spending their time in jail, they became even more worse criminals as nothing has been done for their betterment.

▄▄████████▄▄
      ▄▄████████████████▄▄
      ▄██
      ████████████████████▄
      ▄███
      ██████████████████████▄
      ▄████
      ███████████████████████▄
      ███████████████████████▄
      █████████████████▄███████
      ████████████████▄███████▀
      ██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
      ████████▄████▄█████▀▀
      ██████▄██████████▀
      ███▄▄█████
      ███████▄
      ██▄██████████████
      ░▄██████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
      ████████████
      ███████████▀
      ███████▀▀
      ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████▄
      ▄██████████
      ███████████
      ▄███████████████████████▄
      ▀█
      ██████████████████████▀
      ▀██
      ███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀█████████
      ██████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
       ElonCoin.org 
      ████████▄▄███████▄▄
      ███████▄████████████▌
      ██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
      ███████████████████▐█▌
      ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
      ███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
      ███████████████████
      █████████████▄████
      █████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
      ███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
      ███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
      ▄██████▄▀███████▀
      ████████▄▀████▀
      █████▄▄
      "I could either watch it
      happen or be a part of it"
      ▬▬▬▬▬
      Waffen

Activity: 42
      Merit: 0

View Profile
      August 30, 2020, 07:35:50 PM

It is estimated that 80 percent of adults in the United States gamble yearly and out of every 100 gamblers, there are 2 to 3 people that have some sort of gambling problem – that is a huge number when you really think about just how many people that impacts around the country.

Number of gambling addicts with an alcohol disorder is 75 percent

Half of the total gambling addicts have had mood disorders

dunfida
      Legendary

Activity: 3122
      Merit: 1141

View Profile
      August 30, 2020, 09:36:36 PM

These list is just a short list, and this is just what are recorded there are millions of gamblers around the world we could have thousand more but because people who are involved are high rollers or top government officials or celebrities they need to hide this to public because these are powerful people, there are so many scandals in the gambling table that we don;t know.

There would be many other whose data we do not know as they would have kept secret. But, whatever it is whichever is in public is still quite an interesting facts as never knew some of them that it has happened and how people could be crazy like losing millions of $ for gambling.
      #35 -  What would have happen to him after losing it.

Not all would really be tallied or would be known and for sure there are other great losses  which havent been known and being kept as a secret.For the question about that #35 about that $50
      making it to millions and lose it all in a matter of few weeks then that one is devastating but to think that he had only used up $50 in the first place then im somewhat sure that the didnt
      make any suicide attempts unlike to those people or player that did really burn up their millions from their own pockets which i can say that it is much more devastating than
      on this one.

ultrloa
      Legendary

Activity: 2800
      Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
      August 30, 2020, 09:50:11 PM

There would be many other whose data we do not know as they would have kept secret. But, whatever it is whichever is in public is still quite an interesting facts as never knew some of them that it has happened and how people could be crazy like losing millions of $ for gambling.
      #35 -  What would have happen to him after losing it.

Not all would really be tallied or would be known and for sure there are other great losses  which havent been known and being kept as a secret.For the question about that #35 about that $50
      making it to millions and lose it all in a matter of few weeks then that one is devastating but to think that he had only used up $50 in the first place then im somewhat sure that the didnt
      make any suicide attempts unlike to those people or player that did really burn up their millions from their own pockets which i can say that it is much more devastating than
      on this one.

Imagine you already have those millions in hand and won it for just $50 only then suddenly lose again for sure its still devastating and mind blowing, you already became millionaire but choose to became a hobo back again when betting until all is gone. I think you will still sleepless if you come to that situation even if you start with small amount of money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
      ████████████████
      ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
      ████████▌███▐████
      ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
      ████████████████
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
      LLBIT|
      4,000+ GAMES
      ███████████████████
      ██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
      ████████▀▄▀██░░░███
      ██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
      ███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
      ██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
      ██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
      ███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      █████████
      ▀████████
      ░░▀██████
      ░░░░▀████
      ░░░░░░███
      ▄░░░░░███
      ▀█▄▄▄████
      ░░▀▀█████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      █████████
      ░░░▀▀████
      ██▄▄▀░███
      █░░█▄░░██
      ░████▀▀██
      █░░█▀░░██
      ██▀▀▄░███
      ░░░▄▄████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      |
      ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
      ▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
      ▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
      ▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      █░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
      █░▀▀████████▀▀░█
      █░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
      █░█▀████████░█
      █░█░██████░█
      ▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
      ▄▀▄
      ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
      ██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
      ███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
      █████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
      ███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      █████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
      ███████████░███████▀▄▀
      ███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
      ███████████░▀▄▀
      ████████████▄▀
      ███████████
      ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
      ▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
      ▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
      ▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
      ███░████████▀██░████░███
      ███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
      ███░████░███▄████████░███
      ▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
      ▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
      ▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
      ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
      OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
      FAZE CLAN
      SSC NAPOLI
      |
      semobo

Activity: 1498
      Merit: 146

View Profile
      September 01, 2020, 02:34:55 PM

When we talk about corruption, it will depend on how we control our minds not to corrupt. No matter if there is many tempt to corrupt, if we have a strong mind, we will not get the effect. But still, it is very difficult to eradicating corruption everywhere because money will get them there in the trap, and they will follow what the person wants.

We can see that corruption is not just happening in prison, but it is also in the public because many people are hunger for getting "hot money" even if they are paid from their institution. But I am sure that corruption will reduce in one day because many people realize that it is not good for them.

Corruption will never end until there is no value for money, no one will ever get satisfied with what they have but not everyone involved in corruption but everyone has been a part in it, if we want to have corruption free country then every individuals should stop giving bribes, just start support the shills and talents so one day we could hae someone to rule with no intention of earning money.
      shoreno

Activity: 1750
      Merit: 118

View Profile
      September 01, 2020, 04:25:36 PM

It is estimated that 80 percent of adults in the United States gamble yearly and out of every 100 gamblers, there are 2 to 3 people that have some sort of gambling problem – that is a huge number when you really think about just how many people that impacts around the country.

80 percent of gamblers for a country where gambling is restricted is too much  but other country that gambling is legal were sometimes have lower engagement it's because they are less wealthier than on u.s  ,  it also known that u.s has a high number of drinkers compre to other despite drinking alcohol is pretty popular now . Well I guess money does have an impact again and also restrictions . They can be addicted on gambling  but we can't count thier addiction for other stuffs .
      South Park

Activity: 2926
      Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
      September 01, 2020, 08:23:59 PM

Gambling was forbidden for a very long time and you could only do it legally in certain regions of your country but with the advent of the Internet people now can gamble from the comfort of their own home and I think many governments are finding this to be very problematic and that is why some of them are taking actions against it but now thanks to bitcoin those restrictions mean absolutely nothing as you can use your bitcoin in whatever way you can, which means that gambling will only get even more popular from now on.
      milewilda
      Legendary

Activity: 3150
      Merit: 1138

View Profile
      September 01, 2020, 08:59:24 PM

Gambling was forbidden for a very long time and you could only do it legally in certain regions of your country but with the advent of the Internet people now can gamble from the comfort of their own home and I think many governments are finding this to be very problematic and that is why some of them are taking actions against it but now thanks to bitcoin those restrictions mean absolutely nothing as you can use your bitcoin in whatever way you can, which means that gambling will only get even more popular from now on.
      It wasnt really that much Forbidden but it is really being frowned upon by a certain community on where there are really places where people does have negative impressions towards those people who do get involved with gambling.I dont know but it is much pretty common to have that kind of view.Its just normal to have restrictions into other countries about gambling activity neither they do care into its citizens or just totally disagree or doesnt like for gambling to operate into its vicinity.No matter what the reason is then people who do really likes to gamble cant really be stopped and as mentioned where it is much more easier to gamble when you do only
      have just internet connection.People can access places as easy as pie.

South Park

Activity: 2926
      Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
      September 05, 2020, 05:49:04 PM

It wasnt really that much Forbidden but it is really being frowned upon by a certain community on where there are really places where people does have negative impressions towards those people who do get involved with gambling.I dont know but it is much pretty common to have that kind of view.Its just normal to have restrictions into other countries about gambling activity neither they do care into its citizens or just totally disagree or doesnt like for gambling to operate into its vicinity.No matter what the reason is then people who do really likes to gamble cant really be stopped and as mentioned where it is much more easier to gamble when you do only
      have just internet connection.People can access places as easy as pie.
      It depends where you live, there are many countries in which gambling is forbidden and you get a penalty if you are discovered to be gambling, but in many other countries gambling is not really forbidden but as you say it is looked upon with bad eyes because they think it can lead to addiction, however this is ridiculous while there is no doubt that people can get addicted to gambling the proportion of those people is probably similar to the proportion of people that get addicted to alcohol and yet drinking alcohol is socially acceptable but for some reason gambling is not.
      proscratcher

Activity: 14
      Merit: 0

View Profile
      September 06, 2020, 02:25:19 AM

Last year it is estimated that approximately 10 billion pounds were spent on gambling! It is estimated that approximately 5% of compulsive gamblers seek help from a gambling program or gambling rehab. This means that 95% of problem gamblers have their lives ruined by debt and depression.
      samputin

Activity: 1036
      Merit: 294

View Profile
      September 06, 2020, 03:45:13 AM

Long and informative thread, 23 and 49 is quite hilarious this show really that gambling is for lucky one's mostly those who didn't expect it, they have higher chance of winning lol. It is a interesting topic found myself reading it all.
      Hilarious but super lucky. Grin

In #23, I think it was a slap in the wife's face when she wanted to prove his husband how lottery is a waste of money but ended up winning a huge price. I wonder what his husband's reaction was and the wife herself. Does she still think gambling is a waste of money or did she have a change of heart? Haha.

In #49, on the other hand, that was some courage that man got there. What he did was very risky and could result in him losing everything. Good thing, he's lucky enough that day and took home a huge prize. He can then buy more clothes than he originally had.

So damn lucky indeed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
      1xBit.com
      ▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
      ███████████████
      █████████████▀
      █████▀▀       
      ███▀ ▄███     ▄
      ██▄▄████▌    ▄█
      ████████     
      ████████▌     
      █████████    ▐█
      ██████████   ▐█
      ███████▀▀   ▄██
      ███▀   ▄▄▄█████
      ███ ▄██████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████▀▀▀█
      ██████████   
      ███████████▄▄▄█
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
      ███████████████
               ▄█████
              ▄██████
             ▄███████
            ▄████████
           ▄█████████
          ▄███████
         ▄███████████
        ▄████████████
       ▄█████████████
      ▄██████████████
        ▀▀███████████
            ▀▀███
      ████
                ▀▀
                ▄▄██▌
            ▄▄███████
           █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
      ▄██████     ▄▄▄
      ███████   ▄█▄ ▄
      ▀██████   █  ▀█
       ▀▀▀
          ▀▄▄█▀
      ▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
       ▀████████
         ▀█████▀ ████
            ▀▀▀ █████
                █████
             ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
           ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
            ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
          ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
        ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
        ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
       ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
      ██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
       ▐██████████████    ▄███
        ████▀████████████▄███▀
        ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
             ▐████████████▀
             ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
      ██████
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██████
      ██████
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██████
      !
      sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
      Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
      September 06, 2020, 03:48:07 AM

Tesla became a gambling addict, lost all his tuition money, dropped out of school and suffered a nervous breakdown
      Interesting i have seen a lot of student dropped from school around me and get addicted on gambling .Specially they love to gamble on cricket .Its a reason for me to avoid serious gamble .I am so much control myself that's why it can't addicted me .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
        Print  

Jump to: