Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy $10,000 worth of BTC right now?  (Read 4923 times)
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:47:57 PM

Well I bought 8 BTC when it was at $850 lol so I'm thinking about buying now, it will hit 700 again in a few days right?

You sound very unsure of what to do. So my answer is do nothing wait.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:15:38 PM

Well I bought 8 BTC when it was at $850 lol so I'm thinking about buying now, it will hit 700 again in a few days right?

You sound like you just stumbled in drunk to ask this question. Look, no one here knows shit about the future price. You got burned before, if you are ready to accept the risk of it happening again go for it.

He didn't get burned before.  At $850 he is going to make a huge percent profit.

Most of us (well maybe outside of this subforum) know that Bitcoin is not a short term thing.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:41:02 PM

I'd wait a few weeks before buying. Even if it doesn't go down much, it's unlikely the price is going to climb up substantially in the next few months, so we may be presented with a better buying opportunity than this.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:43:21 PM

I'd wait a few weeks before buying. Even if it doesn't go down much, it's unlikely the price is going to climb up substantially in the next few months, so we may be presented with a better buying opportunity than this.

Quoted for future reference Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

if you can lose that amount of money buy now!!
lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:00:19 PM

Buy one coin every day.

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:02:57 PM

BTC is going to the moon long term. Don't worry about the relatively minor short term price fluctations. Just get as many as you can and don't cash any out until at least 10K, even if it takes a year. No one here has patience it seems. It will happen.
BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:10:42 PM

SELL, SELL, SELL! You already made some proper loss there. Don't wait until we hit double digits. Right now, you most likely are going to keep on losing money each additional day if you hold on to those coins... I guess we won't see 800$ ever again.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:12:49 PM

There is a large supply of coins for $563 right now.  When it's gone, it's gone.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

Buy now, the majority of the world starts a new tax year in April. Many sold this week to rebuy in the first week of April so they can offset the capital gains tax during this next tax year...

Buy this week or miss the opportunity...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:08:43 AM

SELL, SELL, SELL! You already made some proper loss there. Don't wait until we hit double digits. Right now, you most likely are going to keep on losing money each additional day if you hold on to those coins... I guess we won't see 800$ ever again.

Says somebody with a rich trading experience of two month. Oh yes guru, we never will see 800 again, right, here's your wooden toy, go play outside.

i am satoshi
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:37:48 PM

Says somebody with a rich trading experience of two month. Oh yes guru, we never will see 800 again, right, here's your wooden toy, go play outside.
Hahaha

Holding is the the only strategy with cryptos
eboard10

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:47:42 PM

I would honestly advise to wait before buying any more bitcoins. There is still too much uncertainty in the market and several technical analysts seem to suggest that we are likely to revisit sub-500 levels over the next month. Of course you can always cost average, split your stash into several parts and buy at every drop.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:15:23 PM

Best time to buy is when people are panicking.

Not sure when that is? That is when you start questioning whether Bitcoin will survive <insert major story here>.

This is pretty good advice although you have to be quick.  Sometimes even buying on the rumor of a major event is enough.  As they say, buy on the rumor, sell on the news.  Of course if you're holding long term you don't have to sell.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:10:10 AM

I'd hate to say that you should because I'm an expert in markets and what will happen in the short term movements.  But I think I'm not alone when I say if you believe in the long term future of your investment and don't see a good reason not to wait for a better price I say go ahead if that is the amount your comfortable with.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:15:46 AM

Buy now, the majority of the world starts a new tax year in April. Many sold this week to rebuy in the first week of April so they can offset the capital gains tax during this next tax year...

Buy this week or miss the opportunity...

I feel so dumb.  I never knew that most of the world's tax year begins in April.  The things they don't teach in US schools. Wink  Is that part of the reason we had such a huge increase in price last April?  I thought it was people in the US getting some tax returns and throwing it into Bitcoin but this makes even more sense to me.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:51:59 AM

I would buy for 3000 or 5000$ now and if the price falls to 500 spend another few grands.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:03:46 AM

You could start now though I sense we will see the low 500s again in due course

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:33:51 PM

I convert all my FIAT to Bitcoin every month no matter what's the price.

Fuck the price, FIAT is worth nothing soon.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:15:40 PM

I'm an idiot, whenever I get a large chunk of money I go all in at the current price.  And I have gotten a little burned here and there from that strategy.   Tongue

So don't do what I do.  Invest 10% of your total funds now, and then invest another 10% every time the price moves up or down 5% from the last price you bought.  

Although I believe we are recovering from the last downcycle, so if you went all in at the current price and just held for 3-4 months, I think you would be a very happy person indeed.   Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: