Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 08:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✠ The Official AltCoin WhiteList ➢ For Real Coins☆With Real Devs☆With Real Goals  (Read 8574 times)
elrapido80

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:36:32 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 07:18:35 AM by elrapido80

Whitelist:

* Androidstokens: Still alive despite everything that was thrown at it, I'll bet the dev spent more keeping this coin alive than was spent on any other coin out there. Popular both in the western and eastern markets. If anything, we can be sure the current dev will never let this coin die as long as he can help it.
* PMC: A worthy experiment of the future of BitCoin, has already found bugs (block reward resets to 50 after last halving) in the BitCoin code that would have gone undetected until it was mined out otherwise. Widely distributed, serious community, Android wallet with more features than the one that everyone keeps cloning. Developer here
* DataCoin: Truly innovative, in the sense that it expands a feature like NameCoin (domain name lookup) to more media types for perpetual distributed data storage.
* GridCoin: Truly innovative, in the sense that it rewards people spending electricity on generally altruistic BOiNC projects in the form of crypto.
justice4all

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:38:50 AM

BCX seems like a trusted, respected member of the community.

You seem like an angry person with 75% of your funds invested in to a crypto that this well-respected member has said is a scam coin.

Just my opinion.

Repected by who? The Ku Klux Klan?? Richard Nixon?? All the places he has threatened to or has DDOS'd?? Gimme a break. Funniest post I've read all week.  Grin Cheesy
Crypt Keeper (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:42:41 AM

Allright Guys, Please dont forget to add the names of the Devs, or Group of devs as you know them.

Also, I need more content than Truly inovative. why are they innovative?

One other thing, Please Do not argue in this thread, argue in other threads, this thread is intended to compile real data and attitudes on all of the Alternate Currencies.

Thank you.
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:45:55 AM

Gridcoin - computing power is used to generate coins and compute research data at the same time. It helps to find a cure to diseases like cancer.

Feodracoin/TIPS - Built in mixer in the qt-wallet.

NXT - 2nd gen crypto with 100% POS, wallet is in java and coins are accessible with a passphrase instead of wallet.dat. Already have alias system. Test version of decentralized exchange has been released. Great developers working on this coin.  

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
justice4all

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:56:20 AM

After Hearing all the Fuss

Graylist - Reasoning

=- Shady dev recently sold $30,000 of his own coins while soliciting investors, Developer has numerous other pump and dump coins, Conflict of interest being exchange owner and coin dev  

@ Op why is DGC even on the graylist?? There is no way anyone can prove categorically that Baritus sold $30k of his coins. That is just blatant speculation. Also what are these pump and dump coins? SRC is a fair launch, multi algorith coin with some shared dgc services and not a pump and dump coin at all and he took over ARG dev from another developer. I say DGC should be moved to the Whitelist.

Thanks.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:56:31 AM

Well now I don't know what to believe, but I'm inclined to lean towards the members who have been here for a while.

I'll just continue to form my own opinion over time rather than clusterfucking this awesome idea of a thread with shitty arguments.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:01:13 AM

Androids Tokens DEV is me Smiley ( link in elrapido's pot doesn't work )

Crypt Keeper (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:03:02 AM

Graylist - Reasoning

=- Shady dev recently sold $30,000 of his own coins while soliciting investors, Developer has numerous other pump and dump coins, Conflict of interest being exchange owner and coin dev  

@ Op why is DGC even on the graylist?? There is no way anyone can prove categorically that Baritus sold $30k of his coins. That is just blatant speculation. Also what are these pump and dump coins? SRC is a fair launch, multi algorith coin with some shared dgc services and not a pump and dump coin at all and he took over ARG dev from another developer. I say DGC should be moved to the Whitelist.

Thanks.

Agreed, we can just blacklist a coin for the following reasons - Shady dev recently sold $30,000 of his own coins while soliciting investors, Developer has numerous other pump and dump coins, Conflict of interest being exchange owner and coin dev  - If we did that one could try to blacklist all of the coins with a dev that sells some of his coins or owns an exchange, however, I want to include all of the points of views so I will move to the whitelist for the compelling argument but I have to include the attempt to blacklist,..
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:07:53 AM

Graylist - Reasoning

Thanks.

Agreed, we can just blacklist a coin for the following reasons - Shady dev recently sold $30,000 of his own coins while soliciting investors, Developer has numerous other pump and dump coins, Conflict of interest being exchange owner and coin dev  - If we did that one could try to blacklist all of the coins with a dev that sells some of his coins or owns an exchange, however, I want to include all of the points of views so I will move to the whitelist for the compelling argument but I have to include the attempt to blacklist,..
COI is a possible to definite negative point for me. It's also a possible +, because it indicates a dev who is willing to support his own coins. Kind of on the fence about the "numerous other pump and dump coins" because AlphaC handed baritus ARG.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone has proven that baritus himself dumped $30k, so that's more of a rumor.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:09:30 AM

Bitcoin scrypt - just a copy of bitcoin and litecoin. It does not offer any innovation at all. Just mocking the bitcoin algo.

Completely wrong I think you need to research bitcoin scrypt alittle more before blacklisting it. Its brave enough to do what Bitcoin Devs are too scared to do, change the algo to keep mining fairer.
Crypt Keeper (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:10:01 AM

Good to meet you, how would you like to be added as dev? for now i will add as ZackClark70.
justice4all

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:10:50 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 09:08:18 AM by justice4all

Graylist - Reasoning

Thanks.

Even if he did sell 30k of dgc which I highly doubt at a crazy low price isn't it his prerogative anyway? Also what about all the times Bitcoin has had huge price dumps?? Do people call for the head of the Bitcoin devs?? Nope. I guess we can class Bitcoin as a scamcoin too then? Quite ridiculous stuff from BCX really when you think about it in a fair minded and logical fashion.
Crypt Keeper (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:16:18 AM

What do you guys think, should I just delete the Black list and only listen to Positive Statements? and add them?

There are some coins that I am sure need to be blacklisted but that is not what this thread is all about,..
justice4all

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:18:20 AM

Graylist - Reasoning

Thanks.

It's not just because the dev sold some of his coins.

It is because the Dev sold $30,000 USD of his coins and claimed they were stolen which was proven to be false via block chain analysis. At the same time dev was selling his coins, he was taking in investor funds. That's why.

~BCX~

Speculation and heresay that would not hold up in court. Next.
buzz2708

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:20:58 AM

I think there must be some test period (for new coins with theoretically good future), for example 2-3 months, before they'll be white/black-listed.

BTC : 1Nt7TtotpU5L2Duz6igVX2b2kYN61rpMiz
jayman

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:24:54 AM

What do you guys think, should I just delete the Black list and only listen to Positive Statements? and add them?

There are some coins that I am sure need to be blacklisted but that is not what this thread is all about,..

Yep i'd delete black/gray lists anything that has a shadow over it i wouldn't add it to the whitelist, in saying that there will be those who lie and give false accusations about some coins so they are not added.

Jilixi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:25:32 AM

Klondikecoin deserves to be on the whitelis.

Owner of BlackCoin Store - BlackCoin Store
BC: BNatbck1SDJebHRMQemkUEFPVZR9uLHLrM
BTC: 161EcdmbgmxpZMk2ssZCjGQqB6gypduu97
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:28:55 AM

Good to meet you, how would you like to be added as dev? for now i will add as ZackClark70.

I don't mind how you put it Smiley my name is Zack Clark so you can drop the 70 if you like Smiley

justice4all

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:30:13 AM

You need to lock this thread and start "Self Moderated" thread to control all the bullshit.

~BCX~

Lol your saying lock it because of bullshit yet your the one peddling most of it in this thread? hahaha laughable.  Grin
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:31:43 AM

Yep i'd delete black/gray lists anything that has a shadow over it i wouldn't add it to the whitelist, in saying that there will be those who lie and give false accusations about some coins so they are not added.

Lock the thread and delete the blacklist... just the whitelist. I deleted my blacklist comments.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: