Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Fees  (Read 984 times)
Untomabur

Activity: 669
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:48:47 PM

The fees to send ETH are minimum $5 in fees ... is it going to change back to "normal"?
Who dictates how much fees are charged?

If ETH is claimed to be decentralized where are those high fees coming from if not from a centralized party?!

$5? If it is 5 then it is fair enough. The list I have paid so far in gas fee is $10+. And most times are just cheap assets. I am beginning to be worrisome on this eth gas fees. And I keep asking every expert I see if the fee will ever come back to normal. This is becoming extortion from the part of the miners. Something should be done please
take it easy, the fee will return to normal, I also transferred Ethereum to the exchange and the fee was only $ 1, it happened in the morning (at my place), because the market was busy, so the fee was also expensive again, just keep calm

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2020, 08:50:00 PM

It has been a pain this past few weeks to experience the high Gass of eth transactions, I was beginning to wish I can swap my erc20 to other networkwith less transaction fees, if this is what users will continue to experience whenever there is a price increase then there is a big problem, I expect the team to find a solution.
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 02:55:35 AM

It has been a pain this past few weeks to experience the high Gass of eth transactions, I was beginning to wish I can swap my erc20 to other networkwith less transaction fees, if this is what users will continue to experience whenever there is a price increase then there is a big problem, I expect the team to find a solution.
This is a general situation when you use the Ethereum platform and I also find it very annoying to trade. There will certainly be a fix soon, and Ethereum 2.0 will be what everyone needs in the near future. A few days ago I made a transaction fee of up to $50 when trading at Uniswap and it got me very frustrated using the platform.
proscratcher

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 03:22:02 AM

Fees have risen so high that on September 1, ETH miners made a record profit of over $500,000 in just one hour. At the time of writing, it cost about $6.57, on average, to send a transaction over the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain. That compares with fees of just $0.09 in April
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 05:45:23 AM

The fees to send ETH are minimum $5 in fees ... is it going to change back to "normal"?

If ETH is claimed to be decentralized where are those high fees coming from if not from a centralized party?!

Ethereum gas free is back to normal, I believe that the fee can still increase in future if Ethereum start surging again, also most DeFi projects are running on Ethereum blockchain so congestion will happen for sure, we have to endure because the 2.0 upgrade won't happen anytime soon

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 06:22:09 AM

Ethereum gas free is back to normal, I believe that the fee can still increase in future if Ethereum start surging again, also most DeFi projects are running on Ethereum blockchain so congestion will happen for sure, we have to endure because the 2.0 upgrade won't happen anytime soon
2.0 is not applicable for the current year, it is just a future plan and it seems to have nothing to do with gas fees. It is natural that gas fees will increase with if eth price have up, but these fees will not have a good effect on all people because there are a lot of beginners in this crypto market. I am waiting for a small token sale because the gas fees at this time are not comfortable for me.
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 06:35:38 AM

Fees will normalize only after eth 2.0 release or after defi death. I dont know what will be sooner
DarkTrix

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:19:50 AM

Good low gas prices today. The hype around defi is over

mr.smith

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:24:25 AM

now Ethereum's GAS has dropped to 138 Gwei, this is good because it's not as expensive as yesterday, I'm sure it will drop again below 100 Gwei,
Everyone expected that, unfortunately when altcoin down Ethereum Gas also down too

its will not drop below 100 if DeFi concepts & uniswap exchange is not stop, the main cause of eth fee are high because of two of that, im very sure if these 2 are stop running on ethereum chain and uniswap will support other token, the eth gas price will drasticly drop below 10.

That's unlikely to happen given that all the DeFi projects are continuously making a huge volume in the network we will have to wait indefinitely or we'll have to access the fee as it is and live through it like what we experienced in Bitcoin, this is what happens when the scalability is not given enough attention.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php
warg2017

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 09:47:09 AM

This high Ethereum Fees problem occurs every time when ETH network is traffic jam.This is not the first time it's happened, and it won't be the last. I think nobody knows when will the transaction fee be reduced to normal fee, what we can do is waiting,no other method. It's said that ETH v2.0 can solve this high fee problem,let us wait its release and see what will happen.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  
Banulit

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 10:04:14 AM

I also experience that matter when I tried to transfer a token to another wallet which so happen to have a very high fee. I think there is a malfunction in the program of ethereum network and I am hoping that they can fixed this kind of problem and get the normal charge/fee in every transaction because if they not gonna fix it, it will definitely their lost.

pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 11:47:06 AM

Fees will normalize only after eth 2.0 release or after defi death. I dont know what will be sooner

These two factors could be the cost recovery of expensive ETH gas, but maybe this is the business game of the big miners. They are still hungry for profit, all will be done when they reach their goal.
May be the above reason is the cause of the spike in ETH gas price but that doesn't mean that the transaction cost will only reduce after ETH 2.0
I don't think we will have to wait that long for the transaction cost to reduce. Things will get back normal soon as the pending transactions in the ETH blockchain are validated in the upcoming weeks. I think the transaction cost will reduce in less than a month.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 01:22:58 PM

The heavy traffic on ethereum transactions makes the network slow. this requires a solution and gassing up becomes a difficult choice.
I guess this is normal and it's not just a business problem.

Does that means that the Ethereum chain is not capable of handling large volumes? If that is what you imply, then we should be seriously looking for other alternatives. Because if Ethereum is unable to handle the small number of users it is having now, how can we expect it to perform without any issue when the userbase increases by manifold in the next few years?
If this is what you mean normal case in ethereum network of having a high fees users will surely choose other ways to do transactions. This is why others are waiting for this ethereum upgrade to happen and let's see if there's a changes. So hopes this could help to resolve the issues in ethereum networks.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 02:33:01 PM

The final solution that exists today is to wait for the developer to resolve this issue and update it. If this situation persist for a long time then I am afraid that Ethereum will lose a lot of user due to exorbitant fees. If this was the case, then it wouldnt be an advantage on their part. As soon as possible they must solve the problem.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 03:37:14 PM

The cost of sending Ethereum is completely absurd and very expensive, I expect Ethereum price to go up but with normal shipping costs. For now it is best to hold onto Ethereum and resist the temptation to buy the DeFi project which is currently hype
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 06:18:21 PM

I read an article the other day that Ethereum developers are discussing various ways to solve the current situation and the possibility of implementing them in forthcoming update of Berlin.
Can you share the article with me? Defi hype is now a little less than before and the gas is now also a little lower, but still far from normal
Just waiting for Defi not popular to see gas prices return to normal

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 06:26:49 PM

I see most of the miners taking opportunity of the ETH lock period for Defi to hike the transaction fee. This is coupled with ETH price going up. However, I see price coming back to normal as the Defi price goes down.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 06:46:34 PM

I believe that the high fees for ETH are a consequence of the large number of transactions that the system is unable to process. This is not the first time, similar cases have happened before. All this will surely pass and the commission will return to the usual level. Now we have seen a surge in fees on the ETH network due to the high demand for tokens of the DeFi platforms, but it will not be long and already now we are seeing a decrease in the prices of fees on the ETH network. The main thing is not to worry and understand that the ETH system is not yet ideal, as, in principle, other crypto systems.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 06:56:28 PM

Recently when I try transfer my ETH to another wallet, it would cost me $6 in gas fees and it's kinda ridiculous. First, high gas fees was due to that Forsage scam and now into DeFi craze that makes these transactions go wild and congested. I understand that a lot of people have jumped in on DeFi by simply converting their Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies into ETH.

I was hoping for ETH 2.0 to come out soon to finally solve these ridiculously high transaction fees. I wish I would convert it to BTC or USDT, but I have faith in ETH that it would go up again without dealing with these high gas fees.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:21:12 PM

I believe that the high fees for ETH are a consequence of the large number of transactions that the system is unable to process. This is not the first time, similar cases have happened before. All this will surely pass and the commission will return to the usual level. Now we have seen a surge in fees on the ETH network due to the high demand for tokens of the DeFi platforms, but it will not be long and already now we are seeing a decrease in the prices of fees on the ETH network. The main thing is not to worry and understand that the ETH system is not yet ideal, as, in principle, other crypto systems.
Every time with ethereum there are some problems. Either the ethereum classic broke away, then the kittens put the skt, now the transaction fee))) every time something new

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: