Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH's fees on "De-Fi" platforms are ridiculously high  (Read 1050 times)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2020, 03:30:20 AM

Well, the fee started scaling when the Defi hype started, it happens every time there's hype, the ETH network gets clogged. I avoided transacting using ETH platform since the hype started. This will hurt small traders a lot.
Its true. Scaling gas fee should have been the priority first before going to any additional feature. Due to this, Ive been using different blockchain for now until gas fee goes back to a little bit lowered. A 30 to 100$ gas fee is unacceptable. If eth wanted their user to stay then fixed this. Cause a lot of complained has been observed. If that includes tapping layer 2 solution then si be it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seamusdorakos

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 05:01:26 AM

The fee is too much I think. It's ridiculous. Yesterday I tried to swap some UNIFI token on Uniswap it was showing me 45$ in fee for only 150$ of token transaction. How a trader will make a profit if he has to give more than 20% as a fee. I am fed up with ethereum blockchain and fees. I suggest Tron blockchain over ETH now. 100 times better than ETH in many prospects.
This is obviously one of the main options.
As trader you also should understand that high fees are that high only because of incredible defi demand at the moment - that exact demand gives huge boost to some alt's price and thus your trading can be profitable in the first place.
But that comes in with a price and you surely can switch to Tron or other blockchain.
I've decided to hold my funds and wait for things to settle down / or for ethereum to be updated
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 05:15:13 AM

In general, the trend of investing in DeFi projects is attracting a lot of big investors, so the $100 fee is probably a small thing for them.

Also, those coins are very easy to increase in price and can be x2 or x3 in just a short time so that is enough for them to make a huge profit. I hope that Ethereum 2.0 will fix this problem soon as the high gas fees also make me feel very uncomfortable when trading.

This is like the shittiest justification I have seen. As far as I know, a majority of those who invest in the DeFi projects are small and medium sized investors. Do you want to limit the DeFi projects just for the uber-rich? And also, what makes you think that the rich may not complain about the ultra-high transaction fee? And do you guarantee that the coins will go up by 2x or 3x, as you have written. In such case people would not bother much about the fee. Seriously, some of the newbs in this forum seems to be suffering from "foot in mouth disease".
James Alberto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 09:01:41 AM

There is currently no benefit to trading on Uniswap. Uniswap's biggest problem is transaction fees. If you have to pay a fee of 10 to 15 dollars per transaction So it will harm you and not benefit you. It is better to use another platform.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 10:00:32 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2020, 12:06:31 PM by qwizzie

In general, the trend of investing in DeFi projects is attracting a lot of big investors, so the $100 fee is probably a small thing for them.

Also, those coins are very easy to increase in price and can be x2 or x3 in just a short time so that is enough for them to make a huge profit. I hope that Ethereum 2.0 will fix this problem soon as the high gas fees also make me feel very uncomfortable when trading.

This is like the shittiest justification I have seen. As far as I know, a majority of those who invest in the DeFi projects are small and medium sized investors. Do you want to limit the DeFi projects just for the uber-rich? And also, what makes you think that the rich may not complain about the ultra-high transaction fee? And do you guarantee that the coins will go up by 2x or 3x, as you have written. In such case people would not bother much about the fee. Seriously, some of the newbs in this forum seems to be suffering from "foot in mouth disease".

Actually i agree with diskodasa. I also think this will trap small investors already invested in DeFi projects because of too high DeFi fees, and if DeFi volume / transactions keeps increasing on Ethereum network then only large investors can afford to use it as these DeFi fees are still small costs too them. Also shady developers of shady token projects will have zero problem with paying a $100 DeFi fee, to exit-scam their project.

Small traders / investors users on the other hand will start switching to other platforms / other cryptocurrencies. DeFi fees seem to rise exponentially and should not be confused with gas fee.
I would not be surprised to see DeFi fees increase with a factor of 2 or 3, if DeFi volume keeps getting higher.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 10:21:47 AM

The resolution would be if the DeFi tokens migrate to the new ERC 677 standard, that is used by Chainlink and XDAI. ERC 677 allows staking and the fees for sending tokens are much lower. This would solve the problem until Ethereum 2.0 comes with more scalable blockchain Smiley.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 10:56:30 AM

With all the reaction on High ethereum transaction fee from Defi, there is still less adoption of Defi on other blockchain. Some of the Defi projects that plan to move to their platform or new blockchain are delaying because of the price movement as project on ethereum. Tron tried to attract traction with recent dump on ethereum but didnt last a week.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 11:08:25 AM

The fee is too much I think. It's ridiculous. Yesterday I tried to swap some UNIFI token on Uniswap it was showing me 45$ in fee for only 150$ of token transaction. How a trader will make a profit if he has to give more than 20% as a fee. I am fed up with ethereum blockchain and fees. I suggest Tron blockchain over ETH now. 100 times better than ETH in many prospects.

I would prefer Stellar Lumens (XLM) blockchain than TRON (TRX) in my opinion. Fees are very tiny plus the transaction speed is unquestionable. This is the only downside of DeFi right now. If they cannot address this ridiculous high gas fees in the DeFi space, there is a big chance that this industry won't last long unless they are moving to another blockchain like TRX. As much as I liked TRX's blockchain, my gut feeling is on Stellar Lumens blockchain.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 11:36:18 AM

That's hilarious! how in the world can they make such a huge percentage of transaction fees? I mean, It doesn't make any sense at all. too high my friends. I think if you can find some way like converting it to any other cryptocurrency before transferring it to your main account that would save your day. because that's too much for a fees and day trading would not make much money from them if they won't make any changes to this problem.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 11:54:57 AM

Everything is relative. The high fees on the Ethereum network are inconvenient for everyone, including me. However, you need to understand that this is a matter of habit. We are accustomed to the fact that on the Ether network there are always low fees, while on the Bitcoin network, they could be both low and high. Miners, for example, are, on the contrary, happy with this outcome of events, because their profits have increased. This is a blockchain and it has exactly these costs. I don't think anything can be done about it. Those who are not satisfied with high commissions, like me, will be forced to adapt or switch to another blockchain. One way or another, this is a guarantee of development.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 12:07:16 PM

Everything is relative. The high fees on the Ethereum network are inconvenient for everyone, including me. However, you need to understand that this is a matter of habit. We are accustomed to the fact that on the Ether network there are always low fees, while on the Bitcoin network, they could be both low and high. Miners, for example, are, on the contrary, happy with this outcome of events, because their profits have increased. This is a blockchain and it has exactly these costs. I don't think anything can be done about it. Those who are not satisfied with high commissions, like me, will be forced to adapt or switch to another blockchain. One way or another, this is a guarantee of development.

Two of the alternatives people are recommending are EOS and Tron, there are already DeFi in the Tron and they are going to get a slice in the market of these DeFi projects, Tron's fee is very low at 1 cent even if you send a big amount, they are a big challenge now for Ethereum's leadership in the DeFi market.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2020, 12:49:06 PM

The resolution would be if the DeFi tokens migrate to the new ERC 677 standard, that is used by Chainlink and XDAI. ERC 677 allows staking and the fees for sending tokens are much lower. This would solve the problem until Ethereum 2.0 comes with more scalable blockchain Smiley.

It is not easy to migrate from one Blockchain to another and then to reverse this after a few months. I would have still considered it, if ERC-677 was a tried and tested platform. But that is not the case, as it is relatively new. I first heard about it in 2018, and have never used the platform to trade or store any of the tokens. I guess very few of the users here in Bitcointalk may have experience with ERC-677.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 01:00:09 PM

It's the gas that is getting too high in price. It's all because of the DeFi hype that the network is getting so congested.
But lately many DeFi projects are doing exit scams which is making the market very unstable for DeFi tokens.
I think we should wait for the DeFi hype to settle and the transaction fees to reduce.
If you have really invested in a potential DeFi project then you need not worry but wait.
Otherwise it might be a trouble since people are already in a panic due to the recent exit scams of shit DeFi tokens.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 06:15:20 PM

$100 fee is really high, it's way bigger than Ethereum's network fee, so what's the reason for that? Must be because of some specific DeFi mechanisms, right? But regardless, some people would still be using DeFi right now, if they put thousands of dollars, and expect quick returns, $100 isn't a big fee for them. Also, there's no adoption of DeFi in real world anyway, right now it's just a toy for crypto enthusiast to make high risk investments. No one in real life is putting their money into DeFi instead of traditional funds.

Agree. Fees have been extremely high a couple of weeks ago. Luckily, there has been a reduction in network activity, resulting in reduced fees. I can now withdraw my DAI from Compound for only $20 (in USD). It's still a bit high, but affordable to pay for the average person participating in "De-Fi" platforms. ETH needs to scale urgently in order to maintain adoption of such platforms in the mainstream world. Otherwise, people wouldn't want to use "De-Fi" on top of traditional banking. With high fees, making profit through lending becomes widely unfeasible. With ETH's current situation, developers might migrate to alternative smart contract platforms like Tron and EOS. After all, these contenders of the ETH blockchain are extremely fast and dirt cheap to use for daily payments. Using "De-Fi" platforms on these blockchain networks becomes feasible. But somehow, developers have stayed on the Ethereum blockchain after all these years. I guess that decentralization goes above high fees and slow transaction confirmation times.

Nonetheless, time will tell us if "De-Fi" will be able to live up to the task with high fees on the Blockchain. No one serious enough about their money will use "De-Fi" on top of traditional banking. It's more experimental grounds than anything else. Unless scaling issues are fixed, I don't see this going anywhere. "De-Fi" may turn out to be an idea that will slowly fade into oblivion. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 03:29:01 PM

Defi projects are so much trending nowadays and lots of investors were attracted to it. The high fees which is likely 100$ is just a penny to them. And because of that the transaction fees on Ethereum network are becoming ridiculously high.
Henrytrust
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 03:35:45 PM

I learnt that the reason we've had the gas fee escalated to this point is because of Defi projects. Yield farming which is a product of decentralized finance has increased the number of transactions in the ethereum blockchain and since the blockchain is congested, higher gas fee becomes the order of the day.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 03:45:10 PM

Defi projects are so much trending nowadays and lots of investors were attracted to it. The high fees which is likely 100$ is just a penny to them. And because of that the transaction fees on Ethereum network are becoming ridiculously high.
I think ethereum and DeFi network transactions are not the same they have different platforms, whereas if ethereum has very high gas costs then it is due to the influence of the density of transactions and the high price of ethereum on the exchange, so far what I know is like that.

STUDENTCOIN