I agree with Ryan da Clem. Lock the thread immediately.
lol... I'm thinking of earning a profit off selling or auctioning a thread lock... trying to resist the temptation. xD
1. I can do whatever the fuck I want to this auction. However, I will probably not exercise this right.
2. You are bidding on the right to decide when to lock this thread.
3. If I lock the thread too late, tough luck. Too early, I'll reopen it if you PM me and extend the thread's expiry time by the amount of time lost.
4. This is a dollar auction. Top two bidders must both pay their bids.
5. Bidding starts at 2.5 BTC.
6. Bidding ends when nobody has placed a bid for 72 hours.
7. Specify your thread lock time in the format: mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS (24hr GMT forum time). Any times not in this format will be ignored.
edit: Oops, had to exercise rule #1 already. Adding this rule:
8. Minimum bid increment is 0.1 BTC.