Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too much HODLing stealing opportunities?  (Read 905 times)
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2020, 10:00:12 PM

True, holding for too long is not advisable because you'll be missing a lot of opportunities to earn. The market moves sideways due to volatility and from there you can earn little by little. Holding for too long will work if you are really passive in trading or just an investor who doesn't trade at all.
That's the point a holdler will know the rule of "take profits" no matter the little amount, I know holding takes opportunities but the smallest profit made so far should be sold out for any other opportunities that comes in at the latter while you keeps holding, but the different case is holding to recovery funds, while others are gaining. The only way to win this holding rat race is to sell the little profit made by using it to partake in the upcoming opportunities.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 06:25:29 PM

"Stealing opportunities" - disagree to this. These markets are based on speculation and there are several opportunities. We must admit that we often fail to recognize them.

It is based on speculation, you are right with that, however, if you are discipline enough to hold, you should not fail because the market can be bullish as well. Just make it simple, if you hold for long term, you need to ensure a target is already in place, for example, you buy bitcoin at $19k and you plan to sell it when bitcoin rises to $100,000, then you have to hold until that time will come, otherwise, that's the real meaning of missing the opportunity.

but, first, you need to believe that bitcoin could reach $100,000, when you are convince, holding until that time will come should give you an ease.
Being disciplined enough to hold as long as you have to will bring you profit no matter what, that is a guaranteed way to make a profit in crypto world. However do not forget that we are talking about crypto and prices do go down and up and down and up constantly, which means even if you know that you are going to definitely make a profit from just holding, that is not the only way to make money and that is why people want to make some profit from trading as well.

If you could make a profit from direct increases that is great for you, but if people could make 2x more profit from buying and selling constantly everyday that would be better. Both of them are possible and none of them are a wrong way to go, it is just a difference of patience and also there are more risks involved with trading.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 06:34:35 PM

True, holding for too long is not advisable because you'll be missing a lot of opportunities to earn. The market moves sideways due to volatility and from there you can earn little by little. Holding for too long will work if you are really passive in trading or just an investor who doesn't trade at all.
That's the point a holdler will know the rule of "take profits" no matter the little amount, I know holding takes opportunities but the smallest profit made so far should be sold out for any other opportunities that comes in at the latter while you keeps holding, but the different case is holding to recovery funds, while others are gaining. The only way to win this holding rat race is to sell the little profit made by using it to partake in the upcoming opportunities.
Its a must but there are people who do really love play safe and doesnt really like to deal with moving prices from time to time.
They do care on how much they do earn totally into their investment without even minding on how much they had potentially earned
if they do keep on selling when they are in gains in a short span of time.If we do try to accumulate those gains then it is way more than
on the amount that you can really gain when you do just simply holding.Well, its peoples decisions to held up their investment but
for sure they are on that time when they realized that making money wont really be worth for the wait.
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 04:33:06 PM

Since we can't predict the price of Bitcoin at any time, we can't really say that once Bitcoin hit a very big value, it won't crash or go way up. If I find Bitcoin intrinsically valuable, no matter how much profit I can make, I'll not sell it for little profits even if I think the value would drop again for me to have buying opportunity. Bitcoin never went back to 3 digit value in dollars, so once there's a bull run, predicting and trading on it is way risker than holding the coins.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 06:52:19 PM

"Stealing opportunities" - disagree to this. These markets are based on speculation and there are several opportunities. We must admit that we often fail to recognize them.

It is based on speculation, you are right with that, however, if you are discipline enough to hold, you should not fail because the market can be bullish as well. Just make it simple, if you hold for long term, you need to ensure a target is already in place, for example, you buy bitcoin at $19k and you plan to sell it when bitcoin rises to $100,000, then you have to hold until that time will come, otherwise, that's the real meaning of missing the opportunity.

but, first, you need to believe that bitcoin could reach $100,000, when you are convince, holding until that time will come should give you an ease.

Exactly, one who wants to invest on the cryptocurrency should be ready to face the consequences in first place because without taking risk nothing can be achieved in this investment sector. And also how long we can hold matters more than simply holding, in 2017 people bought Bitcoin at 6K as well as 20K so if you bought at higher price then you maybe supposed to hold longer than others.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 07:48:21 PM

Exactly, one who wants to invest on the cryptocurrency should be ready to face the consequences in first place because without taking risk nothing can be achieved in this investment sector. And also how long we can hold matters more than simply holding, in 2017 people bought Bitcoin at 6K as well as 20K so if you bought at higher price then you maybe supposed to hold longer than others.

Had bought on the peak will really leave you have no choice but to hold your assets and wait up for the recovery but most people wont really be ending up on holding but rather
they do mostly done on panic selling which is common.Thing here is that they can actively deal with price movement rather than just waiting up for the recovery which
theres a definite time for it to happen.

If you are really that serious on making profits then dealing with price in a short span of time will be ideal.Holding on a coin which you do seem worth to do so will be up into
your choice but be sure that you do know on when to sell out when its on proper time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 09:54:45 PM

Since we can't predict the price of Bitcoin at any time, we can't really say that once Bitcoin hit a very big value, it won't crash or go way up. If I find Bitcoin intrinsically valuable, no matter how much profit I can make, I'll not sell it for little profits even if I think the value would drop again for me to have buying opportunity. Bitcoin never went back to 3 digit value in dollars, so once there's a bull run, predicting and trading on it is way risker than holding the coins.
Although I agree with most that you have said. But it's ok to take little profits if you want to spend it. I've been doing that and still kept myself onto the phase of holding the most that I've got.

Trading is totally riskier but also rewarding but if it's just the same reward as we get for holding, it's only patience that we need.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███