Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:28:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm scared of ethereum gas fee  (Read 1894 times)
oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 11:59:16 PM

yes, the current increase in ETH fees is going crazy and this can be problematic. I mean, If you are trading a very small cryptocurrency turnover, you have to withdraw from the exchange 1 time in a few months so as not to lose a lot of commissions, this is one way. Only trade on the stock exchange and don't withdraw for a long time.

I used to transfer tokens between exchanges quite often, if I could buy them on one exchange cheaper and sell them on the second more expensive. Now I stopped doing this because of the high commissions of the ether network. Now this method does not bring me any income and it upsets me.
Actually, we can't trade on the decentralize exchange for this high cost. Send Ethereum>Deposit>maketransaction>withdraw>send it to my wallet. Maybe you could use centralized exchange for these types of transactions and use Binance coin to change from one exchange to another exchange. Now I'm ignoring the low price ERC-20 tokens to sell that can't recover the transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 12:16:15 AM

The gas fee increment could actually bring concern but do you think there is something we can do to bring it down, I believe since Bitcoin is decentralized the increment is not to target anyone it must have come due to certain inevitable reasons. In as much as we are getting good rewards, ed just have to beat it, I guess it has been affected by the world general economy.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 05:20:46 AM

Actually, we can't trade on the decentralize exchange for this high cost. Send Ethereum>Deposit>maketransaction>withdraw>send it to my wallet. Maybe you could use centralized exchange for these types of transactions and use Binance coin to change from one exchange to another exchange. Now I'm ignoring the low price ERC-20 tokens to sell that can't recover the transaction.
If we can profit from the trade on the decentralized exchange, I think we don't have to think about the gas. I don't want to pay for that such high gas and I am waiting until the gas can reduce for a while so I can try to buy the coins/tokens. If you trade at the centralized exchange, the gas fee will not increase too high because I see in binance, the gas still not too high depends on decentralizing exchange. I agree that we can use other coins to replace the gas fee.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 05:46:51 AM

For now, minimizing gas costs in order to be able to transact at a low cost using ETH is very difficult. One of them in my opinion is choosing the right time when we want to make a transaction even though the value is not much different.

The fees are crazy and really at times do not send it via ETH. Get it converted to some other coin and send it because somehow had waited for long that may be the gas would reduce incoming time but being long now and had to send it. I hope soon things may be more stable than this sort of transaction fees.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 10:11:44 AM

Paying 2+ bucks for an ETH transaction has become a new normal, at least for me and this should not happen. If ETH devs fail to provide the solution for it with 2.0, people will rapidly start to migrate to different protocols and ETH could loose a big chunk of its users. But I am pretty sure they can pull it off, so it is just a matter of time when we will be again able to send ETH and ERC20 tokens for a fraction of the current price.
bocyaj

Activity: 1325
Merit: 302

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 05:03:01 PM

What if ether price goes up to more than $2000 dollars.. How will people or new cryptocurrency users be able to cope with the gas fee. As I can see so far, the current gas price has been giving people tough time. I remember when we used to use 2 gwei for gas price.
I don't think the Ethereum network congestion can reduce with time.

When the price of ETH had reached 2000$,the demand also reached a new height.So the gas fee will be reduced to ten times lower then now.
If we want to convert any coin to ETH,the gas fee is high now.It cause the price of Eth into low and many are holding for the next rise of ETH price.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 05:08:28 PM

Don'tbe scared pal. For now it may have aome sificult time to adjust that ethereum Gas fee goes up in a high point. However there would come a time that it would neutralise again and back to it's very common verage fee. It just takes a high rise in fee since it got a huge rise also in it's price.

EMV

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 06:32:15 PM

I think that soon the gas price will be resolved.  let's see when ETH switches to another scaling protocol.  If all goes well, the price of gas will decrease and the throughput of transactions will increase.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 06:54:42 PM

I think the developer must fix this problem and issue knowing that there are many crypto enthusiasts who are using their blockchain/platform and if they will not make an action it will be a very big lost for them because I think many crypto enthusiasts will change into a much lesser and cheaper gas fee blockchain/platform
The blockchain is currently building a better system for everything, it's just that it won't be finished anytime soon considering gas costs are currently not very stable and even change frequently in seconds, so the developer is clearly making improvements in this matter.
I also share your ideas about the Blockchain be an infant because it's just trying to build the system. Basically am happy to see that there is improvement with the Blockchain system and the future will be great after this huddles. I think the ethereum gas fees will be minimize when time come but we should just wait for the future and bear with the current situations on ground for the now. As for now the gas fees for ethereum has come down to normal.

cute nmp

Activity: 1652
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 07:58:30 PM

Well it is not only you that is scared of the ethereum gas fee nowadays.Every time I want to make a transaction the first thing that comes to my mind is gas fee many atimes I usually wait to see it become low before proceeding with the transaction.I really hope the conditions improve and the fees will be lower once again.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 09:26:40 PM

What if ether price goes up to more than $2000 dollars..

ETH won't go to 2 thousand without Bitcoin first going to 40. You're talking about something that may never happen because events when a cryptocurrency doubles its ATH aren't something normal.

If you hold ETH and it suddenly goes to 2000 USD you will be rich enough to pay the fee.
Lorokan

Activity: 421
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 10:52:00 PM

I do not think there is any need or reason to be worried about the etherum transaction gas fees, you should just make sure that you follow the basics, visit ethgasstation firstly and check for fast gwei, then you can proceed to fund your wallet and make your token transaction.

Visiting ethgasstation firstly, will help you make the correct choices and make your transaction faster.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 04:23:38 PM

Bro, i don't think that gonna happening in the future. The price of ethereum itself is not that high.
If the fee of transaction on blockchain is going too high, i think people won't using blockchain anymore in the future.
The ethereum gas fee is only very high when there are many transactions submitted with high gas fee.
I know that people do not like it but that is simply how it is, if the interest in ethereum increases then it is natural the fee increases, this means that you cannot make very small transactions anymore as the fee is probably higher than the amount you are trying to send, this can be a problem if you were looking to make small purchases but if you are a trader then you need to have enough capital to counteract this otherwise you will never be able to take advantage of the moments of big volatility in the market.
Dedewahyu

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:15:35 PM

Bro, i don't think that gonna happening in the future. The price of ethereum itself is not that high.
If the fee of transaction on blockchain is going too high, i think people won't using blockchain anymore in the future.
The ethereum gas fee is only very high when there are many transactions submitted with high gas fee.
I know that people do not like it but that is simply how it is, if the interest in ethereum increases then it is natural the fee increases, this means that you cannot make very small transactions anymore as the fee is probably higher than the amount you are trying to send, this can be a problem if you were looking to make small purchases but if you are a trader then you need to have enough capital to counteract this otherwise you will never be able to take advantage of the moments of big volatility in the market.
for traders, fees do not have much effect but this is very influential for ordinary transactions such as in my country's exchanger and several other exchangers ask for a withdrawal fee of 0.1 eth, in my opinion it's crazy 0.1 eth around 37usd for 1x withdrawal
Transaction fees and gas can be adjusted according to what we want but it has an impact on transaction speed

warg2017

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:17:07 PM

Facing this situation,i think what we can do is reduce trading frequency,the more frequent the transaction, the more fee will be paid,unless you are really good at short-term.I had dreamed about ETH  goes up to more than $2000,but reality,it is hard,isn't it?
High gas fee will come down,even back to normal price sooner or later,let us get used to it.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:18:44 PM

very uncontrollable regarding ethereum's GAS costs up and down anytime of course all crypto users will complain about this problem
including myself if a situation like this continues some crypto users will run away and stop using the ethereum network anymore

ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:54:21 PM

What if ether price goes up to more than $2000 dollars.. How will people or new cryptocurrency users be able to cope with the gas fee. As I can see so far, the current gas price has been giving people tough time. I remember when we used to use 2 gwei for gas price.

I remember there was one crypto project, crypto kittens, and it provoked a rise in the price of the ETH commission. I believe that a similar story is happening now only from DeFi projects. The situation is aggravated by the fact that DeFi can be active for a long time and if Ethereum cannot solve the problem with the load on the network, then we will see high fees for paying for gas on the ETH network for a long time to come. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do, well, except to use other cryptocurrencies or wait for the moment of a lower gas price.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 06:14:06 PM

there sure are a lot of you in here

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 06:23:54 PM

What if ether price goes up to more than $2000 dollars..

ETH won't go to 2 thousand without Bitcoin first going to 40. You're talking about something that may never happen because events when a cryptocurrency doubles its ATH aren't something normal.

If you hold ETH and it suddenly goes to 2000 USD you will be rich enough to pay the fee.
I'm pretty sure that in 6 months, Ethereum couldn't go for 2000 USD. In 6 months we will definitely have Ethereum 2.0. Look at the ripple and BNB transaction cost, which is very low because TPS are very high in this coin. In the future Ethereum 2.0 will have a high TPS. If the price goes to 2k USD, we don't need to worry about transaction costs.
amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 07:29:48 PM

me too lol.. the shit is real.. I remember paying 15usd gas fee at a time just to transfer token.. it's even more reasonable to move your funds In bitcoin than ethereum at this time.. but nonetheless bitcoincash is still the best option
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: