Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My newbie stress reliever  (Read 265 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 06:56:09 PM

I don't get why you believe that investing in Bitcoin is risky but are thinking about other cryptocurrencies.

No altcoin is safe from a bitcoin crash. If bitcoin goes down everything else will so despite its high price bitcoin is still the safest one to buy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 10:42:16 PM

I don't get why you believe that investing in Bitcoin is risky but are thinking about other cryptocurrencies.

No altcoin is safe from a bitcoin crash. If bitcoin goes down everything else will so despite its high price bitcoin is still the safest one to buy.

I agree with you, sir. Before thinking of investing in the world of crypto currency, make sure to check first for bitcoin and ethereum, these two are the most famous coin here. Bitcoin determines the alternative cryptos market, when it goes down, assume that other coins will also go down. But seeing in your perspective as a newbie and a frontliner, it is better to invest in safe coins. I mean, seeing Bitcoin is very volatile you're afraid to take risks.

Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 11:33:39 PM

I agree with you, sir. Before thinking of investing in the world of crypto currency, make sure to check first for bitcoin and ethereum, these two are the most famous coin here. Bitcoin determines the alternative cryptos market, when it goes down, assume that other coins will also go down. But seeing in your perspective as a newbie and a frontliner, it is better to invest in safe coins. I mean, seeing Bitcoin is very volatile you're afraid to take risks.

But comparing these altcoins to bitcoin and Ethereum for me investing in bitcoin was is less risky than investing in other altcoins especially when your just a newbie in trading. I think when you going to start investing in cryptocurrency its a safer path to invest in bitcoin because of the volatility in the price. The demand in bitcoin is already solid when it comes to the demand of the community so if you already research in how to trade or how to earn profit in trading if you're just going to buy and sell your investment at the right time.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 06:28:10 AM

Bitcoin is the market leader and based on it altcoins also move majorly. So if btc rises we can expect good altcoins also to rise and vice vera. You are right that if investing in bitcoin seems to be risky then all altcoins are highly risky as well because if bitcoin does not rise quite difficult that altcoins will rise unless it is more an hype coin.

BIN-BIN

Activity: 504
Merit: 57

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 11:10:13 AM

But, it was successful and I continue to manage for another successful transfer. I just notice something the transfer fees cost almost 4 USD was it normal transaction fee?
The Ethereum blockchain has been quite congested lately hence the quite-high fees. Funnily enough, bitcoin has had cheaper fees since the past month.

ETH network seem better to understand than bitcoin blockchain network.
It's actually the total opposite. Bitcoin is far simpler to understand simply because, well, it's a lot simpler! Ethereum is trying to be a lot of things at a time that it's a huge mess.

Bitcoin is at higher price and too risky to get involved after seeing its graph which has been to almost flat 3k usd.
Yeap, and it's not impossible for something similar to happen again. That's why when investing in speculative assets such as bitcoin, you need to control your risk. In general, it's better for an inexperienced investor to risk an amount of money that would sting just a bit when that asset's price crashes, but at the same time that you didn't risk so much money that you'd be homeless.

And lastly, in my opinion, don't delve too much into "cryptocurrency" in general as you're going to find a lot of crap in it. Here are some BETTER topics(in my opinion, of course) that you should delve into:

• Internet security
  • Internet privacy
  • Finance and Investing in general

And yes, I didn't even mention Bitcoin in the short list because I think these things are far more important to learn first.
You are very currect to me what every newbie needs is to learn how the internet security works and how to protect your self from scammer and hackers so you founds will not be stolen and at the end having a bad experience about cryptocurrency. And again i will advice you stick to the bitcoin network for now since the ethereum network is highly congested at the moment.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: