Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:06:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginners Mistake  (Read 459 times)
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 04:36:21 AM

You should take your time here to learn and ensure everything as you wanted. Newbie are usually careless and do not care what will happen next as they learn towards the process (half bake) which is more dangerous than no learning at all.

Just take an example of the story of a janitor who wishes to fly an airplane.

Janitor clean inside the airplane and see a manual on how to fly an airplane.
Janitor open it and on the first page it say that to fly the airplane press the green button to turn the wheels of the airplane.
The janitor press the green button and happy to see that the airplane start running on its own.
Next step to fly the airplane press the yellow button.
Then the janitor press the yellow button and the airplane flies.
The janitor was happy with the airplane flying in the sky then decided to make a landing for the airplane.
The janitor open the next page and it said for the next tutorial on how to land the airplane please buy the 2nd manual on how to landing the airplane.

Half bake learning is more dangerous than no learning and this is why if you are new in the forum must consider to learn first and resolve confusions before making an attempt to proceed into application.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Author

Activity: 38
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 10:21:20 AM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

Since you said this happened a couple weeks ago, and this account was created less than a week ago, i can only conclude you created a new account after your first account was banned.

Wow that was a nice catch there  Wink
But all the same copying a text from an author without inserting link to his work is direct plagiarism with is punishable with a temporary or permanent ban if I'm not mistaken.
There are better ways to correct and guide a newbie or beginners without having to condemn their post
Yeah I agree with you on that note, but coming to think of it that's is why our superiors have made those topics to help correct the misguided newcomers like ourselves.
You can check the topics at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5279088.0 and I strongly wish other newbies should learn from this thread
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 01:21:50 PM

According to our rules.

We are prohibited
Plagiarism - this is a serious part because even in the reality we need to give a credit to the original author if you want to avoid this kind of action it's better to quote the author and drop the reference link it's not hard right? It's better than copy-pasting all of the contents.
Ban evasion - the previous member must be prevented to create another account if the main account is already banned. Instead, you can appeal and visit our meta to check it out.

Learning with the forum takes a lot of time allotment but this is useless if you got banned. There are a lot of things you will realize on our forum just take it easy and enjoy learning.

AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 02:31:48 PM

Ignorance of the law is no excuse

You committed plagiarism, hence you got banned. You would've known that rule if you actually read the Unofficial Bitcointalk rules, which is frequently mentioned in this forum. It might be quite a harsh rule, but it's a necessary one.

Very well said, when you're trying to enter a forum, the first thing that you should do is to feed your knowledge about the rules and regulations in the said forum.

If you will keep yourself ignorant about that, then you're most likely to commit mistakes and violate the rules without you knowing that the forum has it. Getting banned is a worse punishment here in this forum, always practice constructing your thoughts in your mind and put it into words, that's not hard to do especially if you are aware about plagiarism.

lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4281

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 04:33:10 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

Several days have passed since the publication of the OP on the 29th. And as I can see, this account is still not listed as a banned account. Really none of the above respondents informed the moderators about the evasion of the ban?

Instead of understanding the reason for his first ban (or maybe not the first one), a person creates a second account and continues to post on the forum. After only a while, he gives advice on how to properly handle Newbies.

It seems ridiculous to me. Probably the rules exist for everyone. If someone is lazy to respect the community and read a few points, then why does the community treat them as weak? What can such a person achieve if initially they are led by the handle? Maybe give him time to grow up offline?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2020, 06:11:51 AM
Merited by lovesmayfamilis (1)

Several days have passed since the publication of the OP on the 29th. And as I can see, this account is still not listed as a banned account. Really none of the above respondents informed the moderators about the evasion of the ban?

Was about airing my views on similar worries after reading most replies on the post before seeing your post. It seems the respondent were more concerned about getting rewarded for giving out one of the best advice without evening noticing the second offend the OP is commiting that's very clear from his statement above.

I believe banned accounts gets a direction in what to do in having a chance of appealing their banned but instead of the OP to follow the rules again, he/she creates another account and proceed to breaking another forum rules. Who knows how many of these accounts he/she has on the forum. Just saw he was active yesterday (2nd October) which means the account is still active but hopefully that won't be for long as I have just brought the attention of the moderator the this thread.

The behavior of the OP doesn't show any remorse for what he/she has done and don't think he/she will be of any use to the forum as the typical thing that should have been done was to go read the rules of the forum and try avoiding breaking other rules (like ban evasion) then proceed to appealing as the ban emails highlights.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2020, 10:51:42 PM

Hey dude, you should have learnt from your first mistake, in every forum, there are guidelines that shapes users and and that's the first thing you would have asked for, a newly registrants came in as a naked human, we are human and can only survive by asking questions which guides you.
Another important thing I'm going to tell you is practice the patter of reading before posting, it would have been better o fake at least a month to read through all the boards before you start posting, just be in yourself, air out your opinion your own, no body is going laugh you to scorn, its better now that you known the important ban factor. Be smart in this your new account.
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2240
Merit: 839

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 07:15:54 AM

According to our rules.

We are prohibited
Plagiarism - this is a serious part because even in the reality we need to give a credit to the original author if you want to avoid this kind of action it's better to quote the author and drop the reference link it's not hard right? It's better than copy-pasting all of the contents.
Ban evasion - the previous member must be prevented to create another account if the main account is already banned. Instead, you can appeal and visit our meta to check it out.

Learning with the forum takes a lot of time allotment but this is useless if you got banned. There are a lot of things you will realize on our forum just take it easy and enjoy learning.

There are some mistakes in which you never get a second chance and your account is permanently banned. Plagiarism is one of those big mistake which should be avoided at all cost. All forms of Plagiarism is prohibited including not mentioning the author name or using any text spinning service.

calonpa

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 04:54:33 PM

You are trying to make the readers emotional but if mods start behaving on emotions and not on logic, the forum will be affected badly. Rules are rules.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 08:41:24 PM

I experienced something heart broken here as a newbie couple of weeks ago. Yes I understand the fact these platform/Forum have rules governing it but as humans we are prone to make mistakes and take correction. I wrote a topic here couple of weeks ago and someone I sopose to be a serious member of these forum reported my post for plagiarism, reasons being he/she highlights some line of my sentence and   claimed it’s copy and paste,that action cost me a lost. There are better ways to correct and guide a newbie or beginners without having to condemn their post, We aren’t robot we all humans and we rise by lifting others. Please our senior members and legends should look into these or probably initiate a means to educate newbies and beginners so we don’t fall victim always while trying to create our own post just like other members of the forum.

Oops, I don't know what to feel reading this one, felt cringy that it sounded like OP is trying to gain our sympathy but like someone already said, he again committed a mistake to deserve a ban once again. Just like you said we are all human and we commit mistakes, and as a human, we should accept our mistake and at the same time accept the punishment of that mistake. But what you did is commit another mistake just to explain yourselves and try to gain sympathy with it. It sounded like you are condemning the moderators with the actions they did to you, forgetting that you are the one who committed the mistake in the first place.

I think the best thing you can do is accept that you did it wrong, learn from it, accept the punishment of your actions, then do better next time, not only in this forum but in the real world. Learning the hard way. At least you've learned that plagiarism is never okay in any platform in the world.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: