Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:43:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Professional Eyeboot 49 Port USB Hubs [$150 usd]  (Read 22182 times)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

Just got my 3 hubs in, Shiny!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goodney

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:13:47 PM

Ordered!

I'll let you all know if the 5V supply works.
klintay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:42:55 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 01:14:01 AM by klintay

Can you confirm that only the 5V lines are used off the 24 pin connector? If so, wiring up something like this:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mean-Well/NES-350-5/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsPs3th5F8koPF2exM897jTfzSnH%252bHf3Vo%3d

would have more power and perhaps less mess. Why pay for 100's of 12V watts when you don't need them.

-a[g

It is definitely pulling power off the 5V rail so most likely you will get 20-30 sticks at an 1 amp or  35-44 at .6 amps
Will change the next batch so that it draws power from the 12V or 5V + 12V rail! Possibly going to make spacing bigger as well.
Feedback for future designs in welcome!

Ordered!

I'll let you all know if the 5V supply works.

Good Luck! If it works that could be a deal breaker Smiley

Just got my 3 hubs in, Shiny!

Great! That didn't take too long  Cheesy
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:48:14 AM

LOL….
Before we start handing out accolades for quality
Can I clarify something  once and for all, the 19 PORT DIPO hubs that were 'sold' were actually from a batch that was TESTED, Inspected  and REWORKED by ME!!

RF

really now? that is the first i have ever heard of this... anyway I think I will let the product speak for itself. I have sent some samples to Felipeo and he will be posting a review. Everyone knows that bi-furies use a lot of juice so lets see how they handle his miners

klintay samples already waiting for me, thanks!
I just can't wait when I will test It, will get back home on Monday  Grin

Nice weekend for you all Smiley

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
T-Bone-bitcoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:38:40 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 02:50:09 PM by T-Bone-bitcoin

Hello Miners.  I just wanted to share my experience so far with the new Klintay/Dipo/Eyeboot 49 port hub.  I was recently burned on a group buy on a U2 Antminer, so I was a bit weary of another buy.  Still wanted the 49 port hub though, as I didn’t like the fact that I was maxing out my USB hubs making the power bricks run quite warm and it was a messy layout.  Paypal was accepted (even in CDN $) for payment so at least there was some insurance to dispute the charge if things went south.  Looks like the seller had some history with actually delivering the smaller industrial looking hubs, so I was hopeful.

Payment was sent late the evening on March 25.  Package was dropped at Hong Kong post office on March 27.  A tracking # was given the same day.  Package arrived at door in Calgary, Canada April 2.  Past experience with shipping from Asia indicates that this was pretty fast shipping!  (This was for the registered/tracked regular/non-express shipping option)  For reference: I'm still waiting for some cheap ebay nick-nacks from China that were ordered March 18.

Package acceptance process required a signature and ID.  Was very happy and surprised to find that no customs duties were charged by Canada Post at all.  The package honestly stated a $180 USD value.  Usually the minimum $5 brokerage and Canada sales tax applies on packages over $25.  There is an exception on duties for computer parts though, so I guess they waived the rest.  What ever happened, it worked for me!

The shipping package was large.  At least triple the size of the actual box of the hub.  Though, the shipping box was filled with cardboard spacers to prevent too much clunking around.  The actual box was the same as the photos with no markings, a plastic handle and nicely cut foam inserts for protection.

Initial inspection showed a nice product.  Same as photos, with flashy orange-yellow colour.  I did find a missing top metal nut on the front panel, but found the nut in the plastic bag that the hub came in.  It was easily attached back by hand.  The rest of the nuts were tight.  Perhaps this one was not fully attached at the factory and came loose from the vibrations during shipping in numerous modes of transportation.  The included translucent blue USB cable was separate from the hub box, so it was probably added on from the seller.  It seems of good quality and a good length as well.  

Now connecting … drum roll please.  It works!  I fired up my Raspberry Pi with a newish version of Minepeon running BFGMiner.  I’ve got nine U1, one U2 and one Arctic Breeze USB Fan connected to the hub, it’s powered by an EVGA 600W PSU with a 20 Amp 5V rating.  I know it’s under-rated if I want to load up the hub, but it’s sufficient now.  Overclocking the miners has mixed success, as soon as I go to 2.2 GH/s and above, my error rates go to 10% and up.  This negates any overclocking benefit.  Though I must admit I didn’t have much time to play with overclocking.  So far I’m happy to get 2 gh/s per unit and next to zero errors.  This is probably normal and not a caused by the hub, as I had similar results with other hubs.

Future plans?  I just found a couple of salvaged no-name PSU’s that are nameplate rated 47 Amps on 5V (500 W max total unit), so I plan on using this bad boy PSU if I manage to collect some more USB miners.  I’d also like to install the hub vertically on my basement wall to open up space on the floor.  Looking forward to an even  cleaner looking install.  Cheers.

Edit: There seems to be a nice spacing for the U2 Antminers.  I only have one so far but it looks like enough room to start filling out the hub with fans facing down on them.
primer10

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:07:21 AM

Hi,

any stock left for this cool hub?

Btw, anyone tried powering it up with an ATX splitter? Does it work that way?
klintay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 03:23:45 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 03:35:46 PM by klintay

T-Bone-bitcoin, thanks for giving such a great and thorough review.  Glad to hear it arrived safely and in good condition (apart from the one loose nut). Hope you an get some more miners soon as well Smiley About the large box, I had ran out of my smaller boxes that day but didn't want to delay your shipment so used what i had on hand and put the cardboard spacers in to prevent any possible damage from movement. Yep I am adding USB cables for everyone who buys so that you don't have to mess around taking them from your printer etc at home. I just picked up 100 x black USB cables of a nice quality in China that are 3 meters in length too so everyone will get one of them now too. The spacing between the ports is quite good but could be better in my opinion - a possible improvement for future models?.  Maybe 40mm x 40mm but that would be one big hub!

Hi,

any stock left for this cool hub?

Btw, anyone tried powering it up with an ATX splitter? Does it work that way?

Yep still in stock at the moment. Let me know how many you want and chosen payment/shipping method, etc. ATX splitter should work as long as you still use pins 21,22,23 and 6 for the 5V. Goodney is looking into modifying a NES power supply which would be a lot cheaper and more efficient than buying a normal PSU.
klintay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:01:11 AM

LOL….
Before we start handing out accolades for quality
Can I clarify something  once and for all, the 19 PORT DIPO hubs that were 'sold' were actually from a batch that was TESTED, Inspected  and REWORKED by ME!!

RF

really now? that is the first i have ever heard of this... anyway I think I will let the product speak for itself. I have sent some samples to Felipeo and he will be posting a review. Everyone knows that bi-furies use a lot of juice so lets see how they handle his miners

klintay samples already waiting for me, thanks!
I just can't wait when I will test It, will get back home on Monday  Grin

Nice weekend for you all Smiley

Great, please post pictures when you get a chance   Wink
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:02:43 PM

I just recieved three of these today, these are seriously awesome hubs
goodney

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:44:51 PM

klintay:

Design suggestion for next revision. Built in fans! Mounted in the top of the hub facing up so they blow past the miners. Maybe with an on/off switch for each column of fans.
klintay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

klintay:

Design suggestion for next revision. Built in fans! Mounted in the top of the hub facing up so they blow past the miners. Maybe with an on/off switch for each column of fans.

Nice idea!

I have been thinking about the problem of not enough Amps on the 5V rail for some users. How about something like this:

It lets you connect up to 3 x PSU to one 24P ATX

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:04:21 AM

klintay:

Nice idea!

I have been thinking about the problem of not enough Amps on the 5V rail for some users. How about something like this:

It lets you connect up to 3 x PSU to one 24P ATX

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Unfortunately that Adapter only jumpers the 2nd PSU to turn on..
There's a no wiring to the other female atx related to 12v or 5v rails.
I think the best bet is to modify the hub so that it takes 12v instead.

Would be helpful if goodney would provide schematic to wire 5v led/cctv switching to the atx.
klintay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:45:25 AM

Would be helpful if goodney would provide schematic to wire 5v led/cctv switching to the atx.

I second that! I just bought one of these on ebay:

5V 50A 360W DC Regulated Switching LED Power Supply

http://r.ebay.com/Apne0O

Need some help rewiring the 24P cable  Wink
goodney

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:27:59 PM

I second that! I just bought one of these on ebay:

5V 50A 360W DC Regulated Switching LED Power Supply

http://r.ebay.com/Apne0O

Need some help rewiring the 24P cable  Wink

Once I get my hub (from Hong Kong), power supply (from San Jose) and ATX connector (from Hong Kong), I'll do a schematic and pictures. ;-)
gsupp

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:01:34 AM

Just got my 49 port hub in and hooked up. Klintay had great communication and sent me the tracking number promptly. He even followed up to make sure I received it. I'm happy with both klintay's service and the hub itself, which feels very solid and works as expected. So if anyone is looking for a USB hub with a large number of ports to connect many Gridseed ASICs with, this is an excellent choice.

The hub:

Fits neatly on the bottom row next to the power supply:

It completely replaced this mess of wires!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:53:05 AM

So if anyone is looking for a USB hub with a large number of ports to connect many Gridseed ASICs with, this is an excellent choice.

You're plugging in 40 gridseeds? They don't need power though, since they are externally powered, so how many amps of power supply did you use for your 49 port hub? I might get one. Still thinking. LOL.

klintay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:25:01 AM

Gsupp, they are some great pictures! Thanks for sharing  Wink

What kind of controller are you using for those 40 units? Raspberry Pi?
w00tcoin

Activity: 98

w00t!coin

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

Just got my 49 port hub in and hooked up. Klintay had great communication and sent me the tracking number promptly. He even followed up to make sure I received it. I'm happy with both klintay's service and the hub itself, which feels very solid and works as expected. So if anyone is looking for a USB hub with a large number of ports to connect many Gridseed ASICs with, this is an excellent choice.

The hub:

Fits neatly on the bottom row next to the power supply:

It completely replaced this mess of wires!

This ... is freaking awesome.

Damn!!!!!

>> __ AntMiner S1 for sale. Message me. __ <<
>> __ 9 of 10 left. One sold so far. w00t! __ <<
gsupp

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:12:50 PM

So if anyone is looking for a USB hub with a large number of ports to connect many Gridseed ASICs with, this is an excellent choice.

You're plugging in 40 gridseeds? They don't need power though, since they are externally powered, so how many amps of power supply did you use for your 49 port hub? I might get one. Still thinking. LOL.

Correct, I have 40 gridseeds connected. They get their power from the 12V barrel plug, so there doesn't seem to be a power shortage on the USB hub. The power supply I'm using to power the hub and 40x gridseeds is:

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Platinum-Certified-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E

While it's probably overkill, I had it around from a previous GPU rig and the platinum rating is nice for lower power usage.

-gsupp
gsupp

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:13:40 PM

What kind of controller are you using for those 40 units? Raspberry Pi?

I'm using a Linux machine running Ubuntu 12.04 and cgminer 3.7.2 compiled from: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355 Works like a charm! Super stable, no lockups or reboots required.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: