Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:38:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie thoughts about altcoin investments.  (Read 665 times)
mianvicky1

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 01:43:45 PM

as i see the market now a days i dont want to give any opinion to newbie for investment in altcoins .
or if anyone want to invest then start with little amount .
sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 02:28:48 PM

every section has a Pinned Topic in which will save them if they will only spend some time to read and ask.
And guess what? They didn't even bother to check those sticky threads and pinned topics. That's why the view counts are really low on every pinned topics because they are so lazy to read and blame everything down once they got scammed which is really stupid in my opinion.

or if anyone want to invest then start with little amount .
Yes, they should start with the lowest amount as possible so you can get the basic grasp of trading.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 02:44:02 PM

I don't think I agree with saying Altcoins are not an option, they all have no fundamentals. In fact, many of the top 10 altcoins on coinmarketcap are great choices. It is true that Altcoins are still very dependent on BTC but in fact Yearn Finance has broken it by giving a surprise to all
I agree with you, basically bitcoin is the parent of altcoins, but it is possible because with the reformers in the last few years bitcoin has felt a little displaced by project defi which has almost 40% become a trend in the crypto market.
then we also don't forget that the top 10 on the coinmarketcap list signifies the role altcoins are taken into account in any market.
Dragonfund

Activity: 546
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 04:28:53 PM

I will not buy Altcoins( new ones) until I can see their performance because of challenges they face at early stage, volatility is something else. It can grow by hundreds of percentage as well as the opposite. So many con teams in this space, one have to be gallant and open eye when investing otherwise, you will fall victim to most of these new tokens.
I will make an example of one recent altcoin that was launched on September, Markaccy promised heavens as Decentralized market internet stuffs, they canceled IEO after the scheduled presale ended and made direct listing on 4 top exchange (as they claimed), Lbank, Hoo, Hotbit and bit exchange. The team decideed to distributed only 13% to every presale investors with reasons unknown to me but did that stop the market from bleeding?
Mkcy made listing at $0.02 and skyrocketed to $1.2, after a couple of days, the price began to crash and the current price is at $0.079 as I'm writing.

Today, mkcy has made amazing increase by 29%

If you had bought at the bottom, selling back is another challenge and problem, the order book is so thin as the sum isn't upto $800. What below are bots.

These are the challenge we face investing in altcoins sometimes, it's better to buy top coins than waste hard earned funds on unrealistic projects. There are other hundreds of similar projects on CoinGecko and coinmarketcap.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 05:55:34 PM

~
Worst would be turn into a shitcoin.
I think turning into shitcoin hurts more than just getting purely scammed because you'll just end up being on watch in the projec, throwing a lot of money into it but then turning out you didn't earn anything.
Some projects exist just for hypes and that's to be avoided.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 06:33:42 PM

There are lots of projects coming nowadays, legit and scam projects are always on the go. Too bad newbies got hype most of the time and they didn't tend to do depth research on the project they are investing in. So it's really advisable to warn the newbies about the dos and don'ts in investing in a new project.
Fake articles or I shall maybe call paid articles play a big role in convincing newbies and new investors into trap set by the scam projects because deep inside we all regret not investing when BTC was in it's early days and similar for a lot of altcoins so when we see and get hyped for a new coin we start to feel like we must not miss this chance and a lot of scammers do take advantage of this FOM and make sure to pay some marketing people and get the hype spread all around.

The best way for a newbie or even veteran is by looking how useful the product is being built because the price and the value of the token will be temporary without a solid product being build around.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1142

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 06:50:24 PM

~
Worst would be turn into a shitcoin.
I think turning into shitcoin hurts more than just getting purely scammed because you'll just end up being on watch in the projec, throwing a lot of money into it but then turning out you didn't earn anything.
Some projects exist just for hypes and that's to be avoided.
You do get some point but to think off that it is just really the same feeling since you had lost money in both ways.They do differ on the duration though but there are people who do get hurt too much when theydo really
trust up into something and do become a shit coin as the days passed by but overall it just really a waste of money.About on newbie thoughts about alt investments?They do just get dragged along
into those show offs of massive profits which had been displayed by somebody where they do believe that they can make out the same results too which would really lead into
desperation or into rush action which really in result into careless selection of projects which are totally shit.

darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 11:06:30 AM

There are lots of projects coming nowadays, legit and scam projects are always on the go.
But majority is scam admit it lol

Too bad newbies got hype most of the time and they didn't tend to do depth research on the project they are investing in. So it's really advisable to warn the newbies about the dos and don'ts in investing in a new project.
every section has a Pinned Topic in which will save them if they will only spend some time to read and ask.
This community is very helpful that each question you lay will receive a hundred replies.
With that then you can be saved if greed won't come to your mind and not only looking for faster profit.
I never said it's all legit, I emphasized though that lots of projects coming nowadays legit and scam are always on the go. That's why I am saying g to warn the newbies with the dos and don'ts so they will get avoid getting scammed. And I agree with you that newbies must spend time reading and ask about the topics that being pinned here, that's a great help for them. Greediness is no room in this kind of work otherwise you will lose everything.
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 12:20:24 PM

I will face challenges, considering some altcoins have extraordinary potential. The danger of losing your assets relies upon how you settle on decisions, altcoins while the market was totally still after the market slammed, right now I think we have a very decent return. Crypto is more eccentric and brimming with shocks, the market is unstable, so you need to truly set up a develop procedure.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 01:49:00 PM

There are lots of projects coming nowadays, legit and scam projects are always on the go. Too bad newbies got hype most of the time and they didn't tend to do depth research on the project they are investing in. So it's really advisable to warn the newbies about the dos and don'ts in investing in a new project.
Fake articles or I shall maybe call paid articles play a big role in convincing newbies and new investors into trap set by the scam projects because deep inside we all regret not investing when BTC was in it's early days and similar for a lot of altcoins so when we see and get hyped for a new coin we start to feel like we must not miss this chance and a lot of scammers do take advantage of this FOM and make sure to pay some marketing people and get the hype spread all around.

The best way for a newbie or even veteran is by looking how useful the product is being built because the price and the value of the token will be temporary without a solid product being build around.
You are right, many projects now right now are getting so hype with their marketing promotions. They put so much on it to lure investors, newbie or veteran. So it is better to make depth research on every project that we are eyeing to invest in. It is important also to look at the team and the people who are handling the project. This is just a simple method to check whether it is legit or not but it could help a lot.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2020, 02:23:15 PM

with different views of appeals, pupils might defines customs of personal strategy as referring decision on entry as ordering market and release of resource on investment with the new project on crypto to avoid waste of expends and manage to lasts with constant on returns as expecting limit of results with investment project.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 04:53:51 PM

Investing in new projects can bring you great returns, but it can also cost you money. The talented investors always know how to make money even in the most difficult conditions, the inferior just watch and complain.
For those new and inexperienced investing in the top currencies in the market is less risky and safer. Most of my investments are on big projects, because I'm not good at investing.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
konflikkastil

Activity: 880
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 07:17:56 PM

This was the same thought that runs through my mind when I first considering of investing in cryptocurrencies. I was scared and at the same time wanted to take the risks. Then, I asked myself if what I'm willing to invest, is what I can actually do away with. After making some findings, I was able to come up with a good plans, with the help of some expert in the field. No doubt cryptocurrencies investment has a great return on investment. It could make you become a millionaire overnight if your investment go right. I have made quite a hundreds of dollars from altcoins. And I'm still investiting heavily till today. And I also have few people I have taught on how to invest in altcoins and to know when to invest and when not to invest. Good way to invest is to look for new projects, and conduct a check and invest the amount you can.

H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 02:09:16 AM

Yeah and that's why most of new altcoin projects are not good or just wasting our time and money of course.
Newbie maybe better to buy some existing altcoins with established value in the market.
When we buy some good coins, there will be low possibility that we will lose the value of the coin, so it is safer.

antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2020, 03:11:02 AM

Not all of them don't have fundamentals. I always stick to my Monero and my Litecoin just because of this, but yes,,, fair to say almost any altcoin bought up since 2019 has shit value because of zero fundamentals. If not for centralized efforts to push, market and promote them they would never be anywhere.
but at least this year there have been several market price returns for altcoins and bitcoins. when we bought altcoins while the market was completely still after the market crashed, at the moment I think we've got a pretty good return. for people who don't have big capital like me. of course, playing with the small pumps that occur in the market really helps to grow the value of the assets held.

just look at Etherum is currently still surviving even though the transaction has become expensive and slow but there are still many new projects emerging with the Eth platform, even though the price has not been able to catch up with BTC but this is proof that it is still a cheap option besides BTC

Supporting this because i believe that Altcoin at some point can grow in future without depending in Bitcoin movement.
there might be some altcoin that has no future but there are also very futuristic and can make someone rich just by holding like what we tend to do In bitcoin.

I have already bought my altcoin set and i don't care what others says but i am confident that in the end of all i will be making good amount of money.

Many shitcoins are circulating but if we know and trust our coins,at some point we will be making Money.
I agree with you

I agree with you, basically bitcoin is the parent of altcoins, but it is possible because with the reformers in the last few years bitcoin has felt a little displaced by project defi which has almost 40% become a trend in the crypto market.
then we also don't forget that the top 10 on the coinmarketcap list signifies the role altcoins are taken into account in any market.
Because the reality is like that we can see on Coinmarkercap and Coingecko
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 04:55:39 AM

You are right that many new altcoins are only very good at making false hopes but be remind that few altcoins are worth investing on, have you seen Avalanche? Have you send Chainlink? Or DIA? Very few altcoins like these have a purpose, not some false hope projects, they have what it takes to keep getting better and better, it's all about the team and the use case

luckyflop

Activity: 812
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 06:33:40 AM

You are right that many new altcoins are only very good at making false hopes but be remind that few altcoins are worth investing on, have you seen Avalanche? Have you send Chainlink? Or DIA? Very few altcoins like these have a purpose, not some false hope projects, they have what it takes to keep getting better and better, it's all about the team and the use case

Chainlink has done so well . from around 0.6$ it is now around 11.5$, also Dia, from around 1$ it is around 1.5$, patience is the key, If you are an investor, not a flipper, you can expect some logical profit after a while, getting rich in one nigh is mostly scam and a Ponzi scheme, I believe that making money in cryptocurrency could be very easy, but not getting rich through it, you can expect to get enough money for your college, etc, but to buy a penthouse in London , you need to take a huge risk in it and it would be a difficult decision.
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 06:41:16 AM

I have this view that many so called crypto CEO are just random people like me who have no idea how blockchain works, just because it's easy to build a ERC20 tokens doesn't mean I should build one, for what reason exactly? To take advantage of other people like myself? This is why we should be very careful where we put our money, know where your risk taking deserves.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chicky213
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 09:25:52 AM
Merited by Josefjix (1)

Beginners should concentrate on the top 10 altcoins cause I doubt if newbies can do some research and study the fundamentals of the new altcoins springing up. Most or the new altcoins don't survive for long term. ETH, BNB, LINK etc are long term projects that will survive the test of time
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 08:13:35 AM

I doubt that altcoins is not an option, for me it is an options. Because as far as I know most of the altcoins are good options for us to earn here in a good way in terms of doing trade in the market. Although I cannot deny there is a high risk and I think that's normal anyway if We decide to invest any of them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: