Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:02:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle Hashrate drop  (Read 1075 times)
jgonzi

Activity: 639
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 09:20:31 PM

last lot of 3080 have hash rate drop or any problem?

Always this problem is Memory TEMP... reduce Memory temp and no problem
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 03:37:08 PM

LOL, Card is back at hashing 100 MH/S as the ambiance temps are going down here.

Did you do anything to hash 100Mhs again?
New drivers, less ambient temperature?

I almost got a 3060ti but I'm trying to get a 3080 and found this exact model, 3080 eagle, but I remembered this thread and came to see if it's worth or not, it's the only model available right now

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
jgonzi

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 05:14:12 PM

LOL, Card is back at hashing 100 MH/S as the ambiance temps are going down here.

I almost got a 3060ti but I'm trying to get a 3080 and found this exact model, 3080 eagle, but I remembered this thread and came to see if it's worth or not, it's the only model available right now

With a Gigabyte 3080 too 100Mhs in lolMiner:

You need to make the Thermal Mod or add a really good ventilation. But with a replace of the Thermal Pads memory works great.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 05:25:27 PM

So this table fan set up is working stable. For a few hours during the day when temps are high outside the pcap changes to pcap temp and during late evening or so it reverts to pcap power.

The good this is the hashrate drops only ~2 MH/s now as compared to 20+ previously.

I am planning on ordering this Graphics Card Cooler, ~2000 RPM which should be hopefully good enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XCFB5WP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A235LT0EDLFSAR&psc=1
without dissambling and see how memory cooled hard to say.some vendors do very bad memory cooling, some memory on air only half memory cooled like that. besides you can dissamble it without warranty lost but need to be very careful here on youtube but it is russian but you can see how you make it Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82sf5Lk2lqA&t=1301s

hot gun the carefully take sticker.
jgonzi

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 05:58:18 PM

So this table fan set up is working stable. For a few hours during the day when temps are high outside the pcap changes to pcap temp and during late evening or so it reverts to pcap power.

The good this is the hashrate drops only ~2 MH/s now as compared to 20+ previously.

I am planning on ordering this Graphics Card Cooler, ~2000 RPM which should be hopefully good enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XCFB5WP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A235LT0EDLFSAR&psc=1
without dissambling and see how memory cooled hard to say.some vendors do very bad memory cooling, some memory on air only half memory cooled like that. besides you can dissamble it without warranty lost but need to be very careful here on youtube but it is russian but you can see how you make it Smiley

With Gigabyte it doesn't come warranty stick... that's good to make the thermal change
sakmsb (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 07:18:03 PM

I didn't do anything new. But I'm considering adding extra thermal pads to cool the memory.

Like Game of Thrones "Winter Is Coming" here. Ambiance temps is in single digits during night and it hashes 100MH/S only during night time.

I still have that table fan set up blowing air directly on GPU fans.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 01:26:08 AM

He added sensors on memory to see the temperature, nvidia doesn't, he does, smart guy. I think his card is msi.

There is this video of red mining panda on a 3080 gigabyte, he added thermal pads on the back and it worked without any problems, I guess thermal pads only on the front is not good for gddrx6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDau0RyfJ0I

If red mining panda had put a sensor before those thermal pads then we could see the temperature the gpu was throttling and the temperature after he had placed the thermal pads.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: