Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal might issue its own cryptocurrency soon, says CoinShares exec  (Read 326 times)
Anarchy101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 10:56:55 AM

Global digital payment giant PayPal might be moving into issuing its own cryptocurrency after officially entering the crypto industry, according to a major industry exec.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/paypal-might-issue-its-own-cryptocurrency-soon-says-coinshares-exec

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 11:24:05 AM

It's already part of the idea that they have adopted crypto.

Although it's still unknown until they've fully announced that they will be launching their own crypto soon. They see the idea as an effective additional source of profit for them and a market which they can build easily.

On top of that, we have to wait until it comes from them.

Signature for rent
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 11:36:52 AM

Well after their announcement we will expect more big moves or action coming for this giant company Paypal. There are also rumors where they are going to buy one of the existing cryptocurrency. exchange right now. I am not sure if it's true but they said it is Bittrex. As we all know Bittrex has belonged to the top exchange also.
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 11:41:12 AM

They better focus on providing normal cryptocurrency purchase instead giving people a way ti buy crypto and then they can't transfer it anywhere. For me if I can't transfer my crypto from PayPal, then it's not my crypto. As simple as that.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 11:46:50 AM

If they issue their own altcoin, hope it has more functionality then just buy, sell and hold. Hope it will have an option to be send to other paypal users. Otherwise what is the purpose of it? They will already have such "cryptocurrency with cut functionality" called Bitcoin.

This new altcoin will also be useless because paypal being centralized. Who need this "their own cryptocurrency" when there exchange with their own token in 2018 already?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 11:56:01 AM

In fact, maybe that's exactly what they plan to do: accumulate as many crypto enthusiasts as possible, and then come up with your own coin.
Funny how only yesterday I had a little "chat" on another topic talking specifically about this PayPalCoin thing.

So that's probably why they wanted to get into the crypto business:
  1. They realized Bitcoin cannot be defeated
  2. It's the only way they can manipulate markets and crypto enthusiasts
  3. It allows them to launch their own cryptocurrency in order to multiply their earnings

Next thing I wonder is if they will be letting PayPal users purchase Bitcoin as in BTC or a coin launched on their own centralized blockchain, supposed to be "backed up in BTC" (like Binance's version). I highly suspect it's the latter, for "instant txs Bitcoin can't do". Smiley
Godwinpaul

Activity: 276
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 11:57:15 AM
Merited by anggi (1)

If they issue their own altcoin, hope it has more functionality then just buy, sell and hold. Hope it will have an option to be send to other paypal users. Otherwise what is the purpose of it? They will already have such "cryptocurrency with cut functionality" called Bitcoin.

This new altcoin will also be useless because paypal being centralized. Who need this "their own cryptocurrency" when there exchange with their own token in 2018 already?

PayPal should be aware of the process and how the cryptocurrency industry works. I'm certain that any cryptocurrency that comes from them would have a use case and the potential to be in huge demand.

I'm personally glad because more great companies are getting aware of the cryptocurrency industry and are willing to come to the space. This is contributing to the mass adoption of cryptocurrency which we look forward to.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:04:56 PM

It will just become another Ripple a centralized token, Paypal is a company that wants to control everything they get heir hands into they just integrate Cryptocurrency in their platform because they know that Cryptocurrency is the future, and they do not want to be left behind, although they can create their own token or coin but I'm 100% it will be centralized.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:06:24 PM

It's already part of the idea that they have adopted crypto.

Although it's still unknown until they've fully announced that they will be launching their own crypto soon. They see the idea as an effective additional source of profit for them and a market which they can build easily.

On top of that, we have to wait until it comes from them.

Not really surprising if they will create their own coin. They are more than capable to make one. This will be another source of income. Better than those pump and dump coins. At least, their coin has actual usage in ecommerce. We will be expecting more companies to follow their path and that will benefit the crypto community.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:11:16 PM

PayPal should be aware of the process and how the cryptocurrency industry works. I'm certain that any cryptocurrency that comes from them would have a use case and the potential to be in huge demand.

I'm personally glad because more great companies are getting aware of the cryptocurrency industry and are willing to come to the space. This is contributing to the mass adoption of cryptocurrency which we look forward to.

Cant even imagine what use case could paypals altcoin have. Reduce fees? But they are dependable from your account. For example I have 0 withdrawal fees, but my friends from Russia complain about high fees. Exchange rates are questionable, but I have strong doubts they can be influenced by paypals tokens. Speculative asset comes to my mind, but cryptocurrency market have such assets in excess.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:17:06 PM

I will refer this to be more of speculation because is as not yet been approved,we are just hopeful about it. PayPal is not new in the cryptocurrency world so it has the capacity of having its own coin, although if they will have their own coin, it will have a special advantage of making quick exchange.we are not in position to make the announcement for them, when they do I will support at my capacity. Paypal is serving us well, it worth supporting.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:55:19 PM

I think it was a part of a bigger plan, that after accepting cryptocurrencies in their payment service, Paypal's next focus is to create its own cryptocurrency and probably in a form of Stablecoin, but I'm not sure about it. if Paypal really wants to create its own cryptocurrency I'm sure it will be published in all major crypto media outlets because Paypal is a popular brand, But until there is no accurate information regarding that possibilities it is better to wait for the official announcement if Paypal really wants to have/create its own cryptocurrency or not.   
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 01:18:32 PM

I think it was a part of a bigger plan, that after accepting cryptocurrencies in their payment service, Paypal's next focus is to create its own cryptocurrency and probably in a form of Stablecoin, but I'm not sure about it.

There's a possibility that it will materialize because they have assets to backed the stable that they are going to launch, and this is just the first step to adopt Cryptocurrency to become of their top player in the market, that possibility will give mileage to Paypal because they are a very popular online company.

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2020, 01:20:06 PM

Using its position in the digital payments market, it will be easier for PayPal to promote its cryptocurrency on exchanges and thus get several billion dollars in investment. Thus, this analog of the digital dollar in terms of capitalization can be compared with the most popular stablecoins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 01:43:32 PM

I think it was a part of a bigger plan, that after accepting cryptocurrencies in their payment service, Paypal's next focus is to create its own cryptocurrency and probably in a form of Stablecoin, but I'm not sure about it. if Paypal really wants to create its own cryptocurrency I'm sure it will be published in all major crypto media outlets because Paypal is a popular brand, But until there is no accurate information regarding that possibilities it is better to wait for the official announcement if Paypal really wants to have/create its own cryptocurrency or not.   

Do you think it will give negative feedback to Paypal? I think they should be more focused on giving service like coinbase did and coinbase is one of the top crypto wallets company but still they didn't issue their own cryptocurrency yet. Paypal is already a billion dollars industry why they need to raise funds by issuing their own token!
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 02:17:48 PM

I've been hearing the news all around the social media and crypto news I think this is a great step for some known digital payment to accept cryptocurrency now more people will be aware what is cryptocurrency and how this works it's also good for us cryptocurrency user that a digital payment like this are accepting cryptocurrency and allowing to pay merchants cryptocurrency as well.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 02:36:13 PM

to the surprise of no one  Roll Eyes one of the many reasons why they're now jumping into the Bitcoin bandwagon is to attract people into cryptocurrencies so that they can get familiar to the whole concept behind them before the company fully launches their own crypto along side an entire ecosystem surrounding it (debit card, exchange, etc)

There have been rumours for a long time that not only Paypal but also Neteller, Skrill and some other payment processors are keen on joining the cryptocurrency hype train. Looks like centralized cryptos could be the next big thing in this space, not sure if that's good or not, though...

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
yangongear

Activity: 447
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2020, 02:57:39 PM

The hardest part is still the regulation in US, which make Libra of Facebook can not issue their own cryptocurrency, so I will wait and see how Paypal will handle it. If it succeeds then chances are it will be key to the market's bull run next year.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 03:01:39 PM

Global digital payment giant PayPal might be moving into issuing its own cryptocurrency after officially entering the crypto industry, according to a major industry exec.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/paypal-might-issue-its-own-cryptocurrency-soon-says-coinshares-exec
This is possible to happen even if they don't announce it yet . they will take that also as one of thier advantage if they have their own coins having an option to buy bitcoin in their  platform mean they are already open to have this new tech to Use . I will not be surprised if one day they buy us base exchange and that news will add more demand in crypto.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 03:07:15 PM

The hardest part is still the regulation in US, which make Libra of Facebook can not issue their own cryptocurrency, so I will wait and see how Paypal will handle it. If it succeeds then chances are it will be key to the market's bull run next year.
Yes, let not forget what actually happened to Libra project: though they are still developing but deviated from their initial road map. The regulation will definitely affect the PayPal company if they eventually venture into creation of their own cryptocurrency, though this might take another tune becasue of them be a huge platform compared to Facebook.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: