Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small bug with ignored posts (within Chrome)  (Read 46 times)
ibminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 03:30:55 PM

I forced myself to 'show/hide' a post from one of two people I have on my ignore list. However, when doing this, I couldn't see any of the post... had to completely unignore the user to see it. (And of course quickly re-ignored the user afterwards  Smiley )
After doing a few searches, I came across this thread reporting a similar issue.

The issue seems to stem from the fact that ignored posts are getting set with a static 20px/32px height (with Chrome..)
Code:
<div class="post" style="overflow: auto; width: 100%; height: 36px; display: none;" id="ignoremessageXXX">This user is currently ignored.</div>
<div class="post" style="overflow: auto; width: 100%; height: 20px;" id="message3">...</div>

I think this is something Chrome is doing itself because I don't see this static height being set in Firefox.

One easy solution would be to just add in "height: auto !important;" under the post {} class in the main CSS file. Outside of that, I think you'd have to adjust the overflow settings of the div itself to have it display correctly.
I haven't really researched why Chrome is doing this but I just recently started using Chrome again on this machine and noticed this issue.

(disclaimer: I'm currently using latest Chrome on this machine, and haven't tested this on older browsers, I am guessing the 'auto' height would work fine for older browsers though.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: