Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hidden team members or not make any difference?  (Read 1024 times)
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 11:29:43 PM

Transparency is very important and to make a legit check those people behind but this is not a ticket for us to say that they are worthy of investment. And this is a big difference to those who keep their team members anonymously as it builds doubts and worries. Because to ask what is the purpose of hiding the developers if there is nothing illegal inside?

If I'm going to choose then, nothing to spend time digging whose behind that wall but to focus on the legitimacy of the project. And I should have to pick projects that have been transparent to the community.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 11:33:54 PM

There are various kind of old crypto projects that has no team but still they are among the best projects today, I believe this happened because many old projects followed the footstep of Bitcoin, bitcoin would have been in tougher situations if the team or ceo is public I believe but today it's a complete different story or should I say experience? Since the birth of ICO we've seen tons of scam projects that aren't scared of revealing their faces even when they knew they are going to exit scam on investors fund, so for me hidden team members or not still doesn't make a difference..

When you do talk about those scammy projects that have run some ICO's then i dont really believe that their own faces would really be put up into their site or ann thread or what
because as name suggest where its a scammy one where they do particularly make use of others identity or stock photos. Real team or developers wont really hide their faces
but we cant say that they are already legit or would able to succeed because it all matters with the projects relevance and actually utility and that what matter most for projects success.
It doesnt make a difference ? We know that having some transparency could create some sort of that confidence into its investors just like on what happened on ETH.
Well, bitcoin is just an exception.

terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 11:43:35 PM

Reveal the face of team or not, this no matter if the project didn't work well. I mean, the team is always on time with their work in roadmap. Always fast response to their member in Social Media.
This is the reason why investors can be interested with the project.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 11:59:02 PM

Hidden team should not the only one to look about the project. There are many project these days but you also have to search their white paper, their social media as what others said. There's no guarantee that the project will truly be sucessful in the end even they are hiding themselves. Actually, I don't trust such kind project that we don't know who runs it.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
jajorforce

Activity: 399
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 11:59:24 PM

There are various kind of old crypto projects that has no team but still they are among the best projects today, I believe this happened because many old projects followed the footstep of Bitcoin, bitcoin would have been in tougher situations if the team or ceo is public I believe but today it's a complete different story or should I say experience? Since the birth of ICO we've seen tons of scam projects that aren't scared of revealing their faces even when they knew they are going to exit scam on investors fund, so for me hidden team members or not still doesn't make a difference..
Team members identification isn't everything to make a project success. Before starting any types of selling coins, how much a project development is completed. I am not interested in someone's identification. The development team must be active in solving every problem. A big partnership can make a new project 100% success.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 12:40:57 AM

The only difference that I see between the 2 is that:
If you will not hide the team members, it will add some credibility to the project because investors can see the owners of the project. It adds trust to the project compare to those projects who are hiding their team members. Hiding it is already a red flag for me.

Overall, it doesn't change the fact that either you hide the team or not there is a chance that the project will end up being a dead coin or a scam coin.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 07:21:36 AM

It's not a must for teams to come out in the open but been visible can add more to the project reputation as there are still investors who still hesitate when they come across projects that have anonymous team till date but for me I have no problem with anonymous teams

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 07:38:03 AM

If you will not hide the team members, it will add some credibility to the project because investors can see the owners of the project. It adds trust to the project compare to those projects who are hiding their team members. Hiding it is already a red flag for me.

Overall, it doesn't change the fact that either you hide the team or not there is a chance that the project will end up being a dead coin or a scam coin.
logically, there is still a risk that the created coin will remain priceless, or that it becomes a coin scam. but I believe that for the current crypto project, the background of the team is a priority because currently there are quite a lot of scammers who try to take advantage of this condition to hide. in fact, most of the scam projects manipulate someone's photo to save in their whitepaper.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 07:49:12 AM

Does your theory of "already a red flag for hidden team" works with every cryptocurrency related project? For example I havent found any information of yolodice that is in your signature Smiley And according to reviewscenter.net they have got no license.

For me hidden or not team makes no big difference. If it is not hidden, I would at least observe persons experience (in crypto). If he is new and unexperienced (in crypto), but highly motivated and talented (maybe he is good at coding or at trading or attracting investors), then it is ok with me also. If there is no team at all, I'll try to evaluate projects chances of success by looking on the idea behind the project.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 07:53:51 AM

I believe doing the right research can make you like a project with anonymous teams, use cases and utilities speaks louder for a project than anonymous team or not, what the project wants to introduce and solves is all that matters

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 11:45:47 AM

Hidden team members in any project, this is the question mark on project ? is this project really legit?
Well real projects never hide anything related project like team members background, their experience these things can attract investor to project.
If team already hide from project then this kind of projects never last long in crypto field and fall becomes project destiny.   
Having hidden team members would result in doubt of the one who sees the project that can result in the distrust of the whole community. We do know that good projects didn't hide their team identity at the start of their projects that made the idealism of having a project that hides the team member's identity will have a high chance of making unethical business scenarios such as scamming and also make the community suspicious of the project. Revealing the projects team identity isn't a requirement but it is the standard to make the project successful.
Doubt and uncertainty are the mental state that the investors will feel because they do not have any idea on who are the people that are running the project. If I'm an investor I will probably ignore those projects who doesn't naming those people who are behind those projects. For me, the scam probability will easily increase because the name of those behind the project are unknown and you cannot sue them if it is really a scam. Trust is important in a project and team members should give a short background and information about all of them even though it is just a piece of sentence as long as it is well detailed. I really do not suggest to make investment with hidden team members because the risks are too high where the possibility of you losing the money is also very high. Avoid project that have hidden member and just focus on projects that have information about the team behind it. 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 12:07:29 PM

Hidden team or visible team, what difference does this makes? Scammers are on both sides any ways, just spend time finding clues if the project is from pro blockchain experts and not some random people faking their experience, pretending to have a solution in mind just to scam their believers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 12:12:19 PM

And what will we get by these people scamming using ICO projects? I do believe that there will be a time for them to be jailed or something like getting sanctions to what they did if it proven that they are really involve in the scam issue. However, scammers are too smart nowadays stealing others identity to prove the project's legit but there are other actualy doing it and making false update for projects partnerships that could get investors attracted to invest with.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 12:18:14 PM

Of course, there are different situations, very often various anonymous cryptocurrency projects achieve incredible heights in the cryptocurrency field, but it is difficult to guess which anonymous project can reach incredible heights, so I rarely make investments in cryptocurrency projects where the team is anonymous, but I know many people who are on an ongoing basis investing in defi projects where are anonymous developers.
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 12:41:47 PM

It's one out of fifty projects with anonymous teams that have good intent, let's not compare today with 2014 when many old coins have anonymous team and their utilities are so damn good, today things are marginally different, scammers can easily hide using non visible team members

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 12:54:04 PM

I never feel comfortable with projects that have anonymous team because it makes things easier for scammers, they don't have to show their faces and they can do as they see fit too, even projects with real team can still scam too but they can still be hunt down if they scam the wrong people
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 02:56:45 PM

I think most investors before investing in a project will definitely see how the project team is performing, the background of the project developer, what products they develop and many other things. therefore, transparency of the project team is important. if the project is not transparent it will be difficult to attract market investment.

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 07:57:52 PM

Product is first and foremost, no matter how many people are behind it. If what is offered is technological and in demand by society then it will be accepted and implemented and people will not wonder: "How many developers are there in the team?"
Partnership and CEO experience more important for a new project because a professional CEO can manage many products train easly. A good partnership can help us some more fund and many investors impressed for it. Just be one think if there has no team members then new investors never believe their promise.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 01:03:55 AM

Hidden team should not the only one to look about the project. There are many project these days but you also have to search their white paper, their social media as what others said. There's no guarantee that the project will truly be sucessful in the end even they are hiding themselves. Actually, I don't trust such kind project that we don't know who runs it.
indeed there are many aspects that we must analyze before joining a project. A hidden team does not mean a scam, nor does it have a guarantee that it is legitimate. As you said, there is still a lot to be analyzed in more depth, for example, product usability, tokenomics, roadmaps, etc.
The increasing number of scammers, and the ecosystem full of risks, make investors more cautious and less trust in anonymous projects. Unless they can really provide evidence through a strong product and support from a trusted company.

nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 02:37:03 AM

Product is first and foremost, no matter how many people are behind it. If what is offered is technological and in demand by society then it will be accepted and implemented and people will not wonder: "How many developers are there in the team?"
Yes, nowadays a lot of projects just copy-paste and follow trends without providing products that actually offer solutions. Maybe in the future, if someone want to release a project, they have to test the qualifications about the usefulness of the project or product, so that quality can be guaranteed

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: