Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Scam? ICO Scam? IEO Scam and Now DeFi Scam?  (Read 1254 times)
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1176
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 10:43:48 PM

From my point of view, it is not those crowdfunding methods are a scam but people who are taking advantage of hyped technologies for their own benefits. Wherever they will see the opportunity to scam investors, will make that try. So crypto investors must be ready and cautious for golden looking technologies and related projects.

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 11:10:58 PM

I do agree that we can't blame the method just because some projects are scam. scammer are everywhere and they usually target something that has some audience where they have bigger opportunities and as it happens ICO, IEO, Defi all of them are rather hype and have too many people vulnerable thus the scammers target these three and scamming don't happen only in crypto so accusing or blaming IEO, ICO, or Defi as a whole just because some project went scam is not really right.

If you think you're being offended, you need to grow thicker skin. In the past before many people screaming ICO scam on 2018-2019, there're many people said Bitcoin is scam Tongue

Don't worry about their opinion against your choice and believing, they'll realize and regret until the coin in bullish.
Thats true  Cheesy. kinda reminds me back then so many people are against bitcoin telling us that it's total scam but see what it turns out to be. just keep believing in ourselves i guess.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 11:23:21 PM

I do agree that we can't blame the method just because some projects are scam. scammer are everywhere and they usually target something that has some audience where they have bigger opportunities and as it happens ICO, IEO, Defi all of them are rather hype and have too many people vulnerable thus the scammers target these three and scamming don't happen only in crypto so accusing or blaming IEO, ICO, or Defi as a whole just because some project went scam is not really right.

If you think you're being offended, you need to grow thicker skin. In the past before many people screaming ICO scam on 2018-2019, there're many people said Bitcoin is scam Tongue

Don't worry about their opinion against your choice and believing, they'll realize and regret until the coin in bullish.
Thats true  Cheesy. kinda reminds me back then so many people are against bitcoin telling us that it's total scam but see what it turns out to be. just keep believing in ourselves i guess.

I remember that time period where people were calling bitcoin as scam and I guess up until this day, there are still people who believe that bitcoin is scam. But we can't force people to change their beliefs. Every business has scammers and it is up to you how you can avoid being victim by their scheme. The goal of DeFi platform is great but it is tainted of so many scammers just like any other project launched in crypto. So as a crypto user, it is only you that can help yourself from preventing being screwed by this new hype.
tokoorochan

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 11:41:05 PM

The scammer will take advantage of any circumstances to scammed people, and they are not stupid. They know what is tren and will find a way how to take advantage of it. So don't be surprised if ICO, IEO, Defi can be scam. Actually so easy to avoid it, don't join in any new project, but for people who greedy and don't have good knowledge it's so hard to follow that easy step
not all new project was scam, there are alot good project that recetly released. take a look at polkadot , we could call it as new project but its community growing fastly and its price could maintain in market. we just need to avoid project that have hyped but it have no usecase at all and also anon team , if we find this kind project its purely pump and dumped coins.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 11:57:01 PM

I think the term is not scam but hype. Price movements that are too attractive and also prices that are too high in my opinion indicate there is hype that needs to be watched out for. Many ICOs have succeeded as well as IEOs but in my opinion DeFi is only a temporary trend and it takes a long time to turn the project into a product

sekalitas

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 01:13:56 AM

Crypto Scam? ICO Scam? IEO Scam and Now DeFi Scam?

Many years before the Cryptocurrency was a scam for some people, later people said that ICOs are scam, when ICOs had gone and IEO had begun then they were blaming that IEOs are scam later now they are calming that DeFi is scam

Who are they??

They need to be called LOOFER= LOOSER who just want to spread FUD for their own benefit

IMO , when people lose something big, one of them is money. They tend to look for an outlet to relieve feelings of disappointment and anger, one of which is by blindly blaming ICO, IEO, Defi etc. I think it's quite normal, especially if they enter into the crypto world because they are tempted to make big profits after seeing the soaring price of bitcoin.

Maybe if we know these people, we better tell them that in the crypto world, high risk = high reward. If necessary, direct them to join this forum so that they can see and learn about crypto so they don't lose again in the future.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2020, 01:40:45 AM

in the end anything that can bring in quick profits will scam in due time. all of this happened because everyone was seduced by huge profits. and the bad guys make it worse. Scammers exist because people are easily tempted, and also too easy to launch a project. they just need to have all the websites, write a whitepaper, and create an ERC20 token, and add some photos or videos. be a project that looks convincing. if only people had been more patient and searched deeper about the projects that would be launched, maybe this would not have happened.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 01:54:28 AM

They are getting the concept wrong or they brain is getting washed up. It doesn't mean that if one project under an ICO, IEO of DeFi scammed their investor that doesn't mean the whole category of ICO, IEO and DeFi is purely scam. They are just I think frustrated that's why maybe they are saying that all of them are scams, maybe they have a lot of experience getting scammed by projects under these said categories.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 02:49:45 AM

You have to differentiate between FUD and truth. those who have lost to IEOs or ICOs tend to be cautious and whenever a good looking project is launched they always study it and see if it is trustworthy or just a scam project. we should appreciate those who shared their findings about the project so that we would avoid being scammed. after all we can also see what they say is true or just FUD. instead of calling them LOOSER. the more people like this, the more people will be saved from the scam project.

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 03:04:09 AM

Just because some people make profit by flipping their ICOs, IEOs or now DeFi tokens doesn't mean that they aren't scams. In the simplest terms "Scam" is defined as "A dishonest scheme".

Right now what is happening in DeFi has a very simple template just like ICOs and IEOs had their own templates:

1.) Hype about staking and farming

2.) Hype about the project's "governance" token.

Everyone is rushing to sell their own governance token hyping people to provide liquidity. There is nothing underlying to justify the APYs, except the prices set by initial pairing ratio on Uniswap like DEX. The devs are thus enticing people (or rather people are getting enticed) to invest more by showing APYs. The small holders get burned buying into their governance tokens or providing liquidity for them.
Every DeFi project will work well for those who get in early and of course for the whales. There simply is no underlying value. There are few projects that are actually working on financial products with Decentralized access. Yet, those either don't get the attention or only get VCs and whales, which ultimately makes it just like traditional finance.

So Yeah, Scams..
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 03:20:38 AM

Well, if you see a project scam, and draw the conclusion that all ICO, IEO, and DeFi projects are a scam, then I don't agree with that. I have seen many ICOs become a scam, but there are several other ICOs that still hold on to their principles.
Seeing that the DeFi project is currently under the spotlight, I think it's very natural that there are people who are not responsible for taking advantage of moments like this to create a scam project. because of this, we need to do in-depth research on a project. it is reminded very often

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bussybuddy

Activity: 1190
Merit: 105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 03:29:22 AM

New attraction forms will always be popping up, i don't find this hard to understand. We cannot fight this, because I see almost every domain where bad and good things go hand in hand, and time will give us experience because we have encountered such many times. If there is no such new trend, the people who know this market will not be much, i think not only ICO, IEO, DeFi but in the near future we will have more trends and I think this will be an opportunity let the scamer attack new people into the market.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568

COMBONetwork

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 04:43:44 AM

honestly this is very funny, if you say everything is Scam of course is scam !, if you can not analyze an IEO  Grin,
Defi and Crypto. yes I understand your feelings, maybe you lose your capital in the crypto world, but if you give up then you will be crushed, cryptocurrencies can still develop, IEO and Defi are also very young to talk about, 5-10 years will be big, and you will be shocked

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 04:55:37 AM

depend  on how you look and it and how you deal with them,if you are greed and not researching then this is all scam for you.
Many years before the Cryptocurrency was a scam for some people, later people said that ICOs are scam, when ICOs had gone and IEO had begun then they were blaming that IEOs are scam later now they are calming that DeFi is scam
This is what Human is,not contented and always looking for new and profitable.
Who are they??
the scammer or the believe?
They need to be called LOOFER= LOOSER who just want to spread FUD for their own benefit
Well some spread fud because they are being paid,and some it was because they are become victim.

what ever their reason the thing is better get off those scams and deal with legit and long running currencies.
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2020, 05:09:24 AM

it is natural to happen. whenever someone is popular, there are always other parties who take advantage of his popularity.
Like in Crypto. When Airdrop hype, there were other people who took advantage of them by holding fake airdrops.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

why generalize all . when they say crypto is a scam , its like saying all or most of them are scam . instead they can say that this name of this coin is a scam  . when ico came out , those that who complain scams forget crypto and move thier attention to ico then after ico it was ieo and so on . ieo was the most succesful of all and there has been lesser to no scams reported on ieo . ico and defi are pretty close because there are a bunch of them that are scams . theres that investor that if they loose they will call the coin a scam but they arent spreading fuds and i dont think they can get any benefit of doing  that.
HonourB

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2020, 05:15:39 AM

All of this is real and geniue and I believe it's working for those who understands it

kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 05:33:31 AM

I really did not expect, formulas that attract people to invest like ICO, IEO,.. all bring benefits to many people, and many will be an attractive place for these people. want to work and still want easy money. I has gone through IEO, ICO and i see that we can win this field if we have enough knowledge and understanding about it, just like DeFi appears to follow new trends in the market, new project will must be out of the current and scam.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 05:41:22 AM

Who are they??

Scammers will take advantage of any new thing in crypto space that brings more money, ICO scam was insane and IEO scams was lesser thanks to secured top exchanges who cares about their reputations, they do better research on the projects before launching or conducting IEO launchpad

RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2020, 05:46:37 AM

DeFi scam is very comparable to ICO scam because the freedom without any third parties (top exchanges) is not available, majority of DeFi projects are targeting Uniswap which is a fully decentralized exchange, meaning scammers can sell their scam tokens on the exchange or impersonate other projects token and fool the buyers

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: