Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED >:( ] >BitMain U2 Group Buy - Ship to US/Canada/Intl (.03/.029 BTC/ea)  (Read 4198 times)
miroman86

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

Hey reactor,

iluvpcs already has his antminer u2's... if the order isnt pushing through anytime soon, let me know, I would love to get a refund... its more expensive to buy from him, but it looks like bitmain will take a while...

reactor (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:41:26 PM

Hey reactor,

iluvpcs already has his antminer u2's... if the order isnt pushing through anytime soon, let me know, I would love to get a refund... its more expensive to buy from him, but it looks like bitmain will take a while...

Totally understand, say the word and I'll send a refund back.  You had 10 units reserved so it won't hurt the overall order since there were a few folks waiting to see if we had stock left. 
freeski201

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:56:18 PM

Any chance I can get 10?
Shipped to MA.

Please let me know.
miroman86

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

Hey reactor,

Totally understand, say the word and I'll send a refund back.  You had 10 units reserved so it won't hurt the overall order since there were a few folks waiting to see if we had stock left. 

IF the order is still happening, I would gladly stay in the group buy... I'd just ask for a refund now so I can buy from somebody else, but dont take me off the list on this one just yet Smiley

reactor (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:21:40 PM

Any chance I can get 10?
Shipped to MA.

Please let me know.

If the order goes through you'll be good for 10. 
freeski201

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:27:15 PM

Any chance I can get 10?
Shipped to MA.

Please let me know.

If the order goes through you'll be good for 10.  

Thanks. Should I send you the payment now or wait until the order goes through?
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

Still watching.
reactor (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:00:44 PM

Hey reactor,

IF the order is still happening, I would gladly stay in the group buy... I'd just ask for a refund now so I can buy from somebody else, but dont take me off the list on this one just yet Smiley

Refund sent, but you're still on the list if things go through.

For anyone else - same option is available if you don't want me holding your cash. 
miroman86

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:03:18 PM

Hey reactor,

Refund sent, but you're still on the list if things go through.

For anyone else - same option is available if you don't want me holding your cash. 

Thanks reactor!!! For the people still questioning if he's trustworthy, I think this refund is enough proof right?

Cheers everybody!

stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:10:33 PM

But since I'm writing here, FFS Bitmain, I wish they would respond.  Just picked up more cheap BTC from Coinbase while the price was in the 420's (insert Silk Road joke here), now I've got close to 4BTC burning a hole in my wallet that is pegged for purchasing hardware from my group.  AHHHH!
that's a good price! (as of now)
reactor (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:15:48 PM

But since I'm writing here, FFS Bitmain, I wish they would respond.  Just picked up more cheap BTC from Coinbase while the price was in the 420's (insert Silk Road joke here), now I've got close to 4BTC burning a hole in my wallet that is pegged for purchasing hardware from my group.  AHHHH!

Funny you say that, I'm sitting here looking at Bitcoinwisdom right now thinking "Oh man, I thought it was a good price when I picked up at $480 last week!".  Oh well, at least now I know if the price tanks I can file it as a loss on taxes since BTC is now property. :/
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:51:54 PM

Funny you say that, I'm sitting here looking at Bitcoinwisdom right now thinking "Oh man, I thought it was a good price when I picked up at $480 last week!".  Oh well, at least now I know if the price tanks I can file it as a loss on taxes since BTC is now property. :/
That's what many thought when it was at 600-800 range! low 400's might be a great time for a short term hold.
How much loss can we deduct in this case?
reactor (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:30:09 AM

That's what many thought when it was at 600-800 range! low 400's might be a great time for a short term hold.
How much loss can we deduct in this case?

Here is a quick fact sheet that an accountant friend pointed me towards:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Ten-Important-Facts-About-Capital-Gains-and-Losses

Point 8 specifically says that you can report capital losses of up to $3k, however I think you'd have to have some significant bookkeeping because I could only imagine the first few BTC related audits being ugly. Tongue
moarhorsepower

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:56:43 AM

I'll wait it out for now.  Don't have anything else I was looking at other than an S1 or a couple Gridseeds.
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:13:08 PM

Are there still some available?
I already bought around 50 units for double the price.
This price is insanely low.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
reactor (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:15:41 PM

Are there still some available?
I already bought around 50 units for double the price.
This price is insanely low.

Right now we're in a holding pattern.  This price is only marginally marked up from the single-unit price, however Bitmain isn't responding back to emails or messages on here regarding ordering now that we've been ready to order.  Keep watching, if this goes through we may have some extra units, but I'm not holding onto anyone's cash until Bitmain can respond to my damn email. Sad
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:38:06 PM

Ok, so you mean
you have not ordered yet, now they are sold out.
Understandable that you don't want to hold on to that money.
correct?

Btw, if you proceed to order please contact me(pm), I may order a few 20-50 or so.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
reactor (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:10:07 PM

Ok, so you mean
you have not ordered yet, now they are sold out.
Understandable that you don't want to hold on to that money.
correct?

Btw, if you proceed to order please contact me(pm), I may order a few 20-50 or so.

Short version => I contacted Bitmain, they said let them know when we're getting ready to pay, contacted them when we were getting ready to pay, radio silence for 5 days now.  I understand they are pushing their next big units, but no reply whatsoever is kinda shitty considering I wouldn't have started this if I wasn't told to go for it and let them know when we're ready to order. :/
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

I haven't heard anything back from them either after their reply that the U2 is sold out.  Looking at their site now, EVERYTHING is listed as sold out... there goes my plan on picking up another S1 Wink

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
topdawg_swe

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:07:23 AM

This is strange because I got word from them just 2 days ago regarding the S1 that are now "sold out" as it seems. After this no reply though...
Bad customer policy from a factory -they could at least hit you back!
Does anyone know what Bitmain is up to -is it restocking current inventory or are they building new heavy machines?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: