Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain of bounty hunters  (Read 156722 times)
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:05:14 PM

I would like to make it clear that I have been a bounty hunter, bounty manager, and part of project management for various projects and this is not to support the bounty hunters but rather to show the reality how bounty hunters and what they go through in this forum.

I know it's not easy to manage a bounty campaign as you will receive thousands of messages from irritating users, there will be hundreds of fake entries in the spreadsheet then you real users disputing that they didn't receive stakes because some imposters have entered their address against the real user's name and sometimes bounty managers or dev team's response would not be the politest one.

But at the same time there are hundreds of hardworking bounty hunters who work really hard in the hope that their efforts would be rewarded but all the efforts are shadowed by the wrongdoings of few cheap users with fake accounts who bombard, spam the bounty groups and harass bounty managers as a result whole bounty hunter community is looked with suspicious and selfish.

Bounty tokens contribute a very small portion of the total supply if we look at the percentage of tokens which are traded but still bounty hunters are blamed for dumping the market with cheap price, regardless of the price bounty hunters sell the tokens if the project is good then the price will not be affected or even if it's affected it will eventually recover without much loss but they are blamed for dump wherein it's sometimes investors who dump the token for quick profit.

The worst part is when tokens are locked for bounty hunters and only distributed to them when the market is already broken by investors, after their efforts and ill-treatment in the hands of such bounties they finally receive worthless tokens which would be a loss even if they trade as the tokens will not even worth the GAS fee charged in MEW wallet to transfer it.

I urge all the management and bounty managers to treat bounty hunters with respect and they shouldn't be judged.

I have made a similar article about the pain of bounty managers and here is the link you may read it and understand I have seen both the phases

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5219422.msg53662033#msg53662033

I subscribe to the words said above. Indeed, if you take a closer look at the work of the bounty participants and see what conditions apply to them, it will become clear that this is a difficult and now low-paid job. At the same time, only bounty participants are blamed for all the problems of crypto projects. I am glad that a person was found who supported the bounty participants with warm words. This is important for me, since I myself have been a member of many bounty companies since the distant 2017. Unfortunately I also see a big problem. I hope that there may be a time when the work of both honest managers and honest participants in bounty companies will be appreciated.
cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:07:40 PM

It is true, many bounty hunters were hurt because they had done a good job following the rules and only used 1 account but they did not get paid. I hate those who sign up with someone else's account because sometimes that can get the real account in trouble. KYC is also a serious problem but it looks like it's starting to disappear lately.

Delayed distribution due to high gas costs is actually a matter for the bounty manager and the project team. bounty hunters are already working and must be paid immediately after the campaign ends. But there are some bounty managers who delay that and ask the hunter to pay half the fee in order to get paid.
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:12:25 PM

I think everyone must be fair and respectful to all parties including the bounty hunter, bounty manager, project owner, we know that currently the situation is very difficult for bounty hunters and bounty managers, and bounty managers only obey the orders of the project owner, we also cannot judge bounty manager, and I think the bounty manager must innovate in distributing payments such as the DIA and CTSI bounty managers in the next 3 months, if they don't want to dump the tokens

You're right! Every one should understand both situation, be fair and respectful so that everything will run smoothly in the part of bounty hunters, bounty managers and project owner. But it's really difficult to happen. You know why?  Because most of bounty hunters only know is complaining and asking the same questions repeatedly which is annoying in the part of bounty managers and admins. Then, there are bounty managers which is not polite, doesn't have word of honor, not easy to approach, and harsh but of course they are just few and still there is a lot of good bounty manager out there. Then, some Project owner is always not fair with the bounty manager and bounty hunters. They give an small percentage as a rewards for the hardwork of the hunters then if their token dump ,they always blamed the hunters. Also they didn't give whole payments for the bounty managers.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:13:35 PM

Bounty tokens contribute a very small portion of the total supply if we look at the percentage of tokens which are traded but still bounty hunters are blamed for dumping the market with cheap price, regardless of the price bounty hunters sell the tokens if the project is good then the price will not be affected or even if it's affected it will eventually recover without much loss but they are blamed for dump wherein it's sometimes investors who dump the token for quick profit.

if bounty hunters are thought to have resulted in the dumping of a new coin, in my opinion, not all bounty hunters let go of their hunts, I still have a lot of my bounty hunting results until now, until there is no price, because I used to think that for in the future the coin will have a very valuable value.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:45:57 PM

The Bounty hunters can't do anything IMHO, there are just a subject of the free aim of the project so they can't help issue. The managers should be saddle with the responsibility of securing the benefits of the hunters, most of these managers don't care and some careless with bounty hunters rewards. Among the forum managers, there are very few campaign managers that am pretty happy to work with and some very handful are just "don't care".

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 03:59:33 PM

I think this should be explained to all project makers so as not to blame the bounty hunters with this dump, because bounty hunters only get a small portion of the distribution that has been determined, in my opinion if there is a dump this must be done by investors and their team, because investors get bonus from the project when investing in the project, and the team can also do the dump as they get a share of this project allocation.
the scenario will continue like this, the developers will always blame the hunters for the "DUMP" that happened to their token/coin.  once again I firmly say that we are not wrong at all, we only work (distribute their products) and then get paid according to work and agreements, is it not natural for us to cash in on the results of our work by selling the tokens/coins they provide??

cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 05:36:42 PM

In fact, I do not see anything difficult in weeding out unscrupulous bounty hunters. This is the manager's job. No need to tell how difficult it is for you to run a company, because annoying users write to you. It's your job. You cannot cope with it, give way to those who can. The bounty manager's job is to put everything together in such a way that the identification of multi-accounts and cheaters would be the most simple. If you cannot handle it, you have nothing to do in bounty management.
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 06:22:26 PM

what you convey is exactly what we feel, especially for bounty hunters. You have a kind heart because you care about bounty hunters. On the other hand, being a project manager is not easy, we have to work hard, because we are required to be fair or investigate thousands of fraudulent participants etc. But still they or the project team would always underestimate bounty hunters for several reasons. including DUMP tokens generated by bounty hunters. but I know that this is the risk of being a bounty hunter, having to do the extra work and not always worth the effort in promoting a project.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 07:17:15 PM

joy and sorrow of being a bounty hunter
always blamed on dump prices because of the distribution of tokens to bounty hunters even though the project is not strong enough to handle the price
Then there was a little experience of being a BM and assistant BM turned out to be more difficult every day having to monitor the spreadsheet and counting the number of participants when it was over there started a lot of questions about distribution etc., as much as possible remind the project team to distribute tokens but the answer will be who have been given a bounty report but never read by the project team and that is what makes the reputation fall if you choose to be a bounty hunter, for a fee, it is calculated the same depending on the project, from there you know a little about the dark side of the crypto project regarding the distribution of tokens for bounty hunters
starting to doubt, who used to always be enthusiastic about joining the bounty, now he has a lot of doubts and prefers to take a short bounty or only 1-2 months and monitor the activity of the project team first, and don't really expect more, the term follow if distribution is good if not, forget it
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 07:23:03 PM

this is not pain, but the risk for become bounty hunters
because when bounty hunters received their rewards, usually the price  from the tokens or coins will down
and for me if the coins or tokens is a kind of solid project, i think thats will be the right time to buy more

sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 08:52:10 PM

You're kind and supportive to the bounty hunters. But the project developers, they won't give you any attention if that's what you want.
All they care is about the advantage that they can get from people who will help them with the exposure of the project and gain a lot of investors.

Let us be honest. All people are thinking about profit only. Probably 2-3% of guys really care about cryptocurrency development as they are idealists. Therefore, everyone is doing much to make money. It will be senseless to blame ourselves here.
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:27:24 PM

THE REALITY with bounty hunting is this. As old members are resigning from the hunter and move ahead with the life to venture into some else worth meaningful. Newbies that knows nothing about the field flocks in thinking the the job is valuable.
I think the reason why bounties are paying this year 2020 is because cryptocurrencies is regaining its balance and prices are moving up. even scam projects are getting fundings(people are gambling with the little they have. hoping to increase their money).
To all the newbies in bounty hunting. welcome to the ride. KEEP your hopes alive and make sure bitcoin and altcoin keeps pumping. you will be getting paid as long as the market is lively.

tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:27:35 PM

To be honest the pain bounty hunters feel after working for months and expecting decent reward but they are either denied the reward or played delaying games or excuses makes them feel discouraged and also put most of them in a stressful and depressive situation which i request the project teams and bounty managers to take note of and pay the promised rewards to hunters for their work as quickly as possible because most of the hunters need to fulfill their basic necessities and that is why they are doing this extra work.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:40:22 PM

Bounty hunters are mistreated in this industry. Only few projects and bounty managers are concerned with their participants. Project developers are eager to conduct bounty campaigns at first. They always attracted hunters by putting up huge amount in the title of bounty campaigns. But at the end of the sale, even it is successful or not. There are many delays, wallet changes and other factors that they excuse for bounty hunters to receive their tokens. In fact, I am hoping thay this campaign I joined is genuine and concerned with their participants.

zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 09:55:01 PM

We, bounty hunters, should be treated the same as the investors because without us those projects that we promoted won't be known to the public.
Those people who treated bounty hunters as beggars should realize that some of today's investors were also once bounty hunters. 
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 10:34:39 PM

The Bounty hunters can't do anything IMHO, there are just a subject of the free aim of the project so they can't help issue. The managers should be saddle with the responsibility of securing the benefits of the hunters, most of these managers don't care and some careless with bounty hunters rewards. Among the forum managers, there are very few campaign managers that am pretty happy to work with and some very handful are just "don't care".
It is not only the fault of the bounty managers, the team members should care about the future value of issued tokens. There are a lot of issues which affects badly the infrastructure because the standards of the industry are higher for the established projects and new projects don't have the same resources.

The bounty manager should bear the responsibility since he is the person in between the bounty hunters and the project owner.  He is also the person hiring the bounty hunters and also the one who makes deal with the project owner.  If anyone have to protect the bounty hunters, it should be the bounty manager since he is the one hiring or accepting these bounty hunters and also the one who introduce the campaign.  So it is the responsibility of the bounty manager to secure the payments of his accepted bounty hunters.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 10:44:16 PM

To be honest the pain bounty hunters feel after working for months and expecting decent reward but they are either denied the reward or played delaying games or excuses makes them feel discouraged and also put most of them in a stressful and depressive situation which i request the project teams and bounty managers to take note of and pay the promised rewards to hunters for their work as quickly as possible because most of the hunters need to fulfill their basic necessities and that is why they are doing this extra work.

I have been through the same pain on numerous occasions wherein bounties like Athero and Profish cheated on us by paying the tokens after it was dumped and moreover bounty managers claimed that even they were unpaid, but there needs to be some sort of criteria which should be set in the forum in order for a new bounty to operate here and to filter out the scam projects. Bounty hunters are always taken for granted and their time is never valued.

tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 10:44:32 PM

that's the pain of being a bounty hunter probably all bounty hunters have experienced it there are so many risks that must be accepted Project owners make up any rules they like when the bounty is over of the lock token, the allocation reduction doesn't even pay off at all to avoid this problem we must be really careful before joining the bounty of course in order to avoid this incident

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 10:55:23 PM

That's the reality for bounty hunters, they are not being treated fairly as the same as how investors were treated. Their reason is because bounty hunters are receiving their tokens for free unlike for investors who spend their money to receive the token. But they don't think of the effort given by the bounty hunters to promote the project.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 11:06:11 PM

dumping is temporary, the price still depends on how the team making the coin demanding thus making its price high. a reason why you DYOR on the coin and find the right time to buy at dip on the first 24 hours of listing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: