Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt mining is dead  (Read 11882 times)
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:49:12 PM

Joerii, do you know that the coin was literally instamined? I tracked the launch, it was not good. If you have the block explorer, chech the early blocks, where did they all go cause ppl reported that there were some blocks mined when they joined. Diff retarget was designed to instamine like 15k blocks really fast. 5-6k blocks intamined in 1-2 hrs, rest 6-11k blocks in next ~5 hrs.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:53:22 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:08:22 PM by anonuser777

Right now the only other X11 coin is Darkcoin. Darkcoin is also excellent, check out their ANN. Darksend is very innovative. What Hirocoin purposefully avoided, however, is a shady association.

Privacy is not shady. How about you publish a ledger of all your bank accounts and credit card statements for all of us to see? Also, why not remove the curtains / blinds from your house, and leave the door open when you go for a shit in the public toilets.

EDIT: Joerii has retracted his statement. Seems like a decent guy.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:28:23 PM

( all the features are beyond the scope of this article, stay tuned for Hiro's paper on X11 )
A white paper from a guy who stole a bunch of features from darkcoin? Hilarious.

Steal? Since when is using/changing/improving "open source" stealing?
Litecoin "stole" features from Bitcoin?

Lol Hazard, I've seen you do better than this.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:46:26 PM

( all the features are beyond the scope of this article, stay tuned for Hiro's paper on X11 )
A white paper from a guy who stole a bunch of features from darkcoin? Hilarious.

Steal? Since when is using/changing/improving "open source" stealing?
Litecoin "stole" features from Bitcoin?

Lol Hazard, I've seen you do better than this.
No, Litecoin stole from Tenebrix. Anyway, take a look at part of hirocoin's sales pitch:

Fully Featured Development

Hirocoin has been carefully developed and has gone through a thorough check list to make sure that all required work has been completed before launch. Some of the key items are outlined below.

pchStartMessage - This is a unique set of numbers used to communicate between nodes. Often this is left the same as the original software leaving the nodes trying to connect other non-native networks.

ECDSA keys - These are the keys used to send out messages to the nodes on the network. Some may remember when numerous coins displayed notifications to upgrade to the latest version of Litecoin.

sendalert - This function allows us to send messages to the network in case of an emergency. This can only be used if you have the private key which is as likely to be guessed as a private key for an address, so never.

DNS Seed Node - This is used by nodes to find others on the network meaning that when you turn Hirocoin on it connects to he DNS Seed node to find other Hirocoin clients without any manual effort.

Unique Testnet Genesis Block - Unique genesis blocks have been created for the mainnet and testnet. It is possible to run a test network of Hirocoin without the need for any code modification.

URL Support - You can put Hirocoin links into your webpage, when users click on them Hirocoin will open with address, amount and label automatically populated.

QR Code - Hirocoin has built in QR code support so you can generate QR codes from within the software for use on websites, posters or where ever else you want to display them.

What "fully featured development" did they do? All these features exist in bitcoin core 0.8.6.2, and X11 is a rip from darkcoin.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:55:00 PM

X11 also makes Nvidia cards suck much less than they do with scrypt and scrypt-n, big win-win for me Tongue

i thought there wasn't a cudaminer version for x11 yet?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:48:33 PM

X11 also makes Nvidia cards suck much less than they do with scrypt and scrypt-n, big win-win for me Tongue

i thought there wasn't a cudaminer version for x11 yet?

Hmm, wondering about that too.
I have a 560ti in my gaming PC, did some SETI with it.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:36:38 PM

I love your blog cryptolife.net, by the way. Are you going to write about the new algorithms ?
I think they're all silly. You can only avoid ASICs for so long. Remember back when litecoin was billed as GPU resistant? Meanwhile artforz was raking in the dough with his private gpu miner.

It's an inevitability unless you plan on hardforking once a year to a new algo.

or come up with better distribution models, face it POW has been gamed for a longtime.
yourstruly

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:58:09 AM

Hirocoin will be absorbed by blackcoin.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:03:37 AM

What does this mean?
dboylc

Activity: 153

mine for future~

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:14:30 AM

what a joke,
and do you mean BTC will be absorbed by blackcoin?
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:26:17 AM

Blackcoin will be the black hole of all other alts... when they found a way to have a multi algo hashing pool.
Not just scrypt and sha...
MarketMover_ok

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:49:16 AM

As the Titans start to come online you will see a huge Jump in the value of Hiro. You are already starting to see small waves in some markets. I'm already on the train.
zrunfeng

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

but how?
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:44:31 AM

but how?

The hype is going to become so massive a singularity occurs. The singularity slowly pulls in every other coin and rips them apart at its event horizon. Not even light will escape... Soon Blackcoin will suck in the entire galaxy.

Grin

Or it stops growing, some people take some profits, other people panic sell and it crashes like every other coin. Like I always does.

Hirocoin gives you the chance to get in on the ground floor, since it had "only" doubled since yesterday. But like always, boys and girls, only invest what you can afford to lose because it's gonna be a wild ride - at least until Hirocoin matures.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:34:01 AM

but how?

The hype is going to become so massive a singularity occurs. The singularity slowly pulls in every other coin and rips them apart at its event horizon. Not even light will escape... Soon Blackcoin will suck in the entire galaxy.

Grin

Or it stops growing, some people take some profits, other people panic sell and it crashes like every other coin. Like I always does.

Hirocoin gives you the chance to get in on the ground floor, since it had "only" doubled since yesterday. But like always, boys and girls, only invest what you can afford to lose because it's gonna be a wild ride - at least until Hirocoin matures.

you need it the coin is bs.. you needed an excuse to put a coin out with a new innovative feature so you thought long and hard
and come up with the idea well i'll just tack on a few more algo's and call it a revolutionary NEW coin.
and after that tacked on some superficial useless crap...

one of many i would not accept if you gave them to me for free.

I am thinking more and more and more it's time for me to make a coin and steal your users Smiley

Anyway i guess you had a couple months of flash mining ala Quark style so now you your getting itchy to cash in your winnings for a Lambo
there for ya need to do some fancy hyp'ing..
Liek omgz IFC is goinna to b eteh greatest coin everz !!!1111ONE
Or call it Doge coin or  or or or or or or
all useless god damn gay garbage being spun and hyped by scammy idiots.
and i guarantee you if a new coin comes along that has REAL innovation you will shit your little pants and bee sitting their in your puddle of pee like a scared puppy
wondering where all your miners went.. and if you can't wait that long wait until mining profitability drops low enough Wink
But i am sure by then you will add one more algo and make a new coin with a new flashy icon eh ?
rinse mutha fuckin repeat...

FUD first & ask questions later™
HiroS

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:16:48 AM

Right now there is room for more X11 coins, the more there are, the more of a standard it becomes and we will see better tools and optimzed miners. DarkCoin has made decisions that makes it unique, but not necessarily a first choice for miners. It would be a shame if X11, which is excellent, simply became a one off solution. So to solidify X11 and to give miners choice I spent a good deal of thoroughly creating Hirocoin. The effort that has gone into Hirocoin to make it a proper release makes it stand out from the majority of coins that are released. So far X11 only has high quality coins to its name and I think that gives X11 an excellent start.

There is no point in releasing more Scrypt coins right now. The majority of Scrypt coins will be crushed when the Scrypt ASICs get turned on. We need work to find alternatives so that GPU miners can continue to do the good work that they do and properly distribute the hashing that runs the coin's network. So far there has been very good feedback from miners who have spent the time to mine Hirocoin which should not be ignored. X11 is change for the good and now is the time to look for change rather than embrace old habits.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:50:53 PM

There is no point in releasing more Scrypt coins right now.

There is no point in releasing coins that do nothing different than other coins. Why the heck would you invest in someting that is basically the same like others just painted differently with a different number of coins? I never would. That's why I have DRK and not HIRO although I respect HIRO for their engagement in bringing X11 to the people.

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:03:34 PM

Small KNC Asic farm.

Hehe, I see a bunch of customer equipment waiting to be shipped.. Oh, they'll just test it for a bit first.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:19:38 PM

Small KNC Asic farm.

I know that KNC offered hosting for the customers.
The picture is about this ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:20:30 PM

X11 ... nVidia ... where?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: