May 09, 2024, 08:55:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: S
N
Y
M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GiveCoin - [X11 Darkcoin descendant-KGW] CHARITY THROUGH CRYPTOGRAPHY  (Read 59468 times)
Givatoshi_Moremoto (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:38:37 AM

Hey all, sorry for the delay but the block explorer is now updated.

http://cryptoblox.com/chain/GiveCoin

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mombo

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:04:43 PM

ePools.eu

http://givecoin.epools.eu

ePools.eu http://www.epools.eu is cryptocoin mining pools portal
Pool Features
Proportional payment system
MPOS powered pool portals
DDoS protection
VARDIFF stratum servers
1% pool fee
Reliability
Uptime

Happy mining!
cienki7

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:43:14 PM

wow, hashrate is huge!

SuperKing

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:10:20 AM

Come on man.
Don't give up!
I still be here with you! Wink Smiley

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. T4RUpqFJdQ627N4HJSXxUqDn4qCveZ4Qs5
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:40:47 PM

It makes a lot more sense for this to be a PoS coin. People can hold their coins indefinitely and use the rewards from PoS for donations if they want to. There are hundreds of coins already and nobody will wait for you to run this on your own pace. X11 will also not be an advantage for long since a lot of new PoW coins are going X11 as well.
iqacid

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:30:26 AM

whats up guys? does dev's team work on this coin or its alrdy dead? no buy order so you should do something
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:48:57 AM

DEVS

PROMOTERS

WAKEY FUCKING WAKEY!

Again Sad

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Givatoshi_Moremoto (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

We're Still here,  Smiley
we're just brain storming here to think of good way to make the fork work.
We don't want to just fork to standard pow/pos. we're trying to make this fork count and come up with innovative ways to improve it for good.
ExPMCom

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:39:58 AM

Givecoin P2Pool

http://baoanhshop.net:17903

1% pool fee forever!
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:58:55 PM

Sorry guys,

But my patience with this coin - or rather its' lack of development - has run out. Forking to PoS will not save you, but good luck with it.

I'm off to mine Myriad using Groestl for efficiency & have put my entire GiveCoin holdings (a mere 315,000) up for sale.

Farewell & best wishes to the remaining faithful.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Netscout

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:30:45 AM

givecoind address changed allready!

do you know ?
7C5NazjRWvPm3nspXXXXXXJH5z7FXrGzcS8i  before

7GkKbuotUPLafXXXXXX3n59ZmJWVYAVRtL  now
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:12:57 PM

what's up?
Aubrey1232

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:39:39 PM

I hold the coin, the feeling is very good, is hoping to have other applications
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:26:13 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 03:25:40 PM by n00bnoxious

This coin's source is screwed. Github master AND tag 1.0 both give a diff of 0.001 (and a version of 0.8.6.2). Your network has been forked because for some reason you've not released the source code for your latest wallet version. You do realise that by not doing so, and your network quite obviously forking, you've basically screwed every single exchange, right? They don't run Qt clients, or the same Linux OS on their servers :-P

THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT FORK DARKCOIN! By all means do it, but only if you understand every single change that's been made since Litecoin (which you do not, I guarantee).

Seriously though? Buying into or developing a coin that's a 'descendant' of an unfinished coin (I'm not saying Darkcoin is bad in the slightest, in fact they're extremely innovative, but they're NOT FINISHED)? Bad form, especially as you're using charity to try and push it. If you're going to make a coin based around charity, make sure you've got a strong development team behind it first, and one that would choose Darkcoin is quite blatantly out of their depth already.

You can call me a Hirocoin troll if you like, but I only popped into the thread as I run an X11 mining calculator and noticed that Givecoin's diff was totally broken. If you release source for whatever version it is that's running the new fork I might add you back in, but only after a discussion on where you're going with this coin... At the moment there seems to be some kind of distinct misunderstanding.

Edit: Oh my sweet lord, the Givecoin devs haven't even changed the PROTOCOL_VERSION from Darkcoin's, which is actually the same as Litecoin's because DRK didn't even change that until a couple of days ago. Also they haven't changed the alert messaging keys, so Givecoin is now wholly connected to the Litecoin network. Welcome to cryptocurrency hell guys :-P Just wait until you need to tell your users about an upcoming hardfork and see where that ends you up.

These devs haven't got a clue what they're doing and you're all going to lose out because of it. I'm glad I avoided this bullet, I just hope they don't hurt too many people with their irresponsible behaviour. Incompetency is no excuse when you're playing with other people's money.

One word: Charity.
nillypathy

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:28:52 PM

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: Europe / America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.

Pool looks pretty. Grin
Givatoshi_Promo

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:37:37 AM

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: Europe / America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.

Pool looks pretty. Grin

This pool didn't work. plz using another pool Smiley
maxsinner

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:47:13 AM

We're Still here,  Smiley
we're just brain storming here to think of good way to make the fork work.
We don't want to just fork to standard pow/pos. we're trying to make this fork count and come up with innovative ways to improve it for good.

That is one hell of a fucking LONG brainstorming. I guess this is what happens when brain-dead people try to brainstorm.
GiveCoinFoundation

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Hey all,

For those of you who've stayed on the Givecoin rollercoaster these past few weeks, I want to apologize on our behalf for the lack of communication with the issues with the blockchain and the developments we've been making. Frankly, Dan and I have had a hell of a past few weeks dealing with end of semester commitments and exams at university, and getting by was our main priority. In lieu of that, we mistakenly decided to employ a backseat developer to fix the initial issues that cropped up, without much scrutiny or putting in the time to communicate and stay up to date with him or with you folks. Now that we're in the clear, I want to stress that our time and efforts are aimed toward making this happen in the long run...

Dan has made some small changes that reflect your complaints and criticisms, however these will NOT affect the overall stability of the blockchain. Any future changes that we make that will result in a hard fork will be immediately communicated by us, and for the time being we will be holding off on a PoW/PoS hard fork to let things level out.

In this interim, we've made some awesome strides partnering up with www.doabitofgood.com, a screensaver platform which mines for cryptocurrencies which can in turn be donated to various organizations and non-profits. Additionally, GIVE is the default coinbase for the program, something we're really excited for that will definitely provide a boost to the current state of affairs. Arranging the system with the guys at DABOG to be compatible with GIVE has been our primary goal in the past month or so, and I'm happy to say we're ready to go.

I've arranged a premium tier dual-PR blast between us and DABOG with PR.com, hitting all the major newswires within the next few hours today, which should certainly help us tap into a more mainstream audience outside of the mining community. For those still on board, we really encourage you to try out DABOG, retweet, like on FB (now fb.com/givecoincryptocurrency), or join the subreddit: we want to show some genuine support for those who might be joining us in the weeks to come.

Dan will be chiming in soon to add in his comments and field any questions you guys might have, as always your suggestions are welcome. In the meantime, look out for Givecoin on the newswire!

Viva la Givecoin Smiley

Mike
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:48:39 PM

We are VERY excited and bullish on the future of Givecoin as THE "go to" crypto currency of all things Charitable Giving!

As we all know "mining" is a super hard conversation to have with non IT folks -- we really think that our screen-saver/miner is a wining combination to help expand the economy by making mining accessible to more people and "do a bit of good" at the same time.

The fact that we allow individuals to find and support whatever causes matter most to them and in turn receive photo album images that have been uploaded by charitable giving crowdsource funding campaigns creates what we hope will be a lot of affinity for Givecoin.

We have a TON of new features planned, including an intra-site exchange as well as a way for "underwriters" to bid and buy up charities coins and in turn give them back to their causes for someone else to bid/buy!

In this way we are hoping to create a "virtuous cycle" using Givecoin!

We're working on a crowd-sourced funding campaign of our own to be launched within a month on a site like indiegogo.com - to this end we are producing an animated "explainer video" entitled "How Can I Do a Bit of Good?" that features non other than Chris Rice the "voice of bitcoin" as heard in "What is Bitcoin?" and "What is Bitcoin Mining?"

We intend to hire a couple of "Community Development Managers" as well as some paid interns to help us fill our Discover Directory with great causes!   We'll also be implementing X11 support directly in the ScreenSaver/Miner as well as begin with translation services so that we can bring our system to the world!

Thank you all for your patience and support for this awesome endeavor.

Sincerely,

David V Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
dzigi

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:10:56 PM

Those are some awesome news guys! Keep up the good work!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: