Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walmart gift cards now available -Gyft Cards using Bitcoins  (Read 2906 times)
Singlebyte (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

http://www.gyft.com/merchants/walmart/

Add another to the list that you can spend Bitcoins on!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:24:30 PM

Awsome.... also to add, you can use Zinc Save for Target, Walmart, Amazon as well.

Singlebyte (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:47:38 PM

Awsome.... also to add, you can use Zinc Save for Target, Walmart, Amazon as well.

You can also buy Amazon gift cards and then buy additional gift cards through Amazon that aren't available elsewhere.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

You can also buy Amazon gift cards and then buy additional gift cards through Amazon that aren't available elsewhere.

Heheh you can also do the same with Zinc Save

I love both Gyft and Zinc..... fcking great service.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:35:29 AM

This is great.

I have not used their service yet since I do not have a smart phone but is it something where you can just get the price at the register then buy the card on your phone and scan it?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:15:54 AM

Walmart cards are no longer available.  Undecided

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:17:22 AM

Really just like that it is over?  Any news with that little factoid? 
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:28:59 AM

The email I received from gyft:

Hi there,

First, thanks for being such a loyal Gyft customer. I cannot emphasize enough that we truly value your support. Without you, we could not bring on new and exciting retailers like Walmart.

Second, although we were so excited to bring Walmart on board, due to circumstances beyond our control, we need to remove Walmart from our list of participating retailers, effective April 13, 2014. Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to bring them back up as soon as possible. Your existing Walmart gift cards will work as they should. If you are as disappointed as we are about this decision by Walmart, please email them at help@walmart.com and let then know how you feel about it.

In the meantime, we have added other exciting retailers that you can still purchase from here. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at support@gyft.com

Thanks again,

The Gyft Team

No explanation, but it was obviously walmart's decision to withdraw. We should all email help@walmart.com and express our displeasure.
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:32:43 AM

The email I received from gyft:

Hi there,

First, thanks for being such a loyal Gyft customer. I cannot emphasize enough that we truly value your support. Without you, we could not bring on new and exciting retailers like Walmart.

Second, although we were so excited to bring Walmart on board, due to circumstances beyond our control, we need to remove Walmart from our list of participating retailers, effective April 13, 2014. Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to bring them back up as soon as possible. Your existing Walmart gift cards will work as they should. If you are as disappointed as we are about this decision by Walmart, please email them at help@walmart.com and let then know how you feel about it.

In the meantime, we have added other exciting retailers that you can still purchase from here. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at support@gyft.com

Thanks again,

The Gyft Team

No explanation, but it was obviously walmart's decision to withdraw. We should all email help@walmart.com and express our displeasure.

Awww that is short-lived Sad
Kind of curious why walmart withdrew from the program...

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:33:40 AM

From what I've read there were issues with scanning barcodes.
solarion

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:40:42 AM

Oh dear...then they might have to type all those numbers. Cry
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:51:17 AM

From what I've read there were issues with scanning barcodes.

If it is just a simple technical problem (scanning barcodes), it should be easy to fix and restart the program, unless walmart lost interest and confidence in Gyft.

solarion

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:57:23 PM

In response to my request for a timetable for re-instatement, I received this response from Walmart:

At this time we are unable to provide you  a timetable available to restoration of this service at gyft.com.

To purchase gift Walmart gift cards please check the link listed below:

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Gift-Cards/96894?povid=cat14503-env172199-module101210-lLink1_SGC

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist.

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care
counter

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:57:02 PM

Wow what a sudden change of events.  So are there still some cards available for purchase at the is time?
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:59:07 PM

im glad to see walmart card is in now i can buy one before i go grocery shopping and feed myself with bitcoin!

solarion

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:10:52 PM

im glad to see walmart card is in now i can buy one before i go grocery shopping and feed myself with bitcoin!

WOW. If you ever needed proof that people don't read beyond the thread title before posting...

Wow what a sudden change of events.  So are there still some cards available for purchase at the is time?

Nope, the option to buy is gone. I grabbed one card while the window was briefly open.
counter

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:05:46 PM

WOW. If you ever needed proof that people don't read beyond the thread title before posting...

Nope, the option to buy is gone. I grabbed one card while the window was briefly open.

Dang it would have been nice to try it out for fun.  Thanks for letting me know!
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:40:12 PM

The same thing happened with Marriott. It's such a shame.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

I knew there was a reason why I literally shit in the aisles of Walmart last night. When the manager ask what he could do for me, I offered up to him to wipe my ass.

The above is a true story. Simply ask if you want the complete account.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:15:23 AM

Glad they added this. All they are doing is expanding which is great for BTC users.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: