Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Coinbase turning into another Gox?  (Read 2265 times)
AtlantisPlatform (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:42:37 AM

It seems like it is near impossible to sell bitcoin and transfer funds to my bank account, almost every time it gets cancelled now. I have never had any trouble with Coinbase until the last month, now 6 out of 10 transactions are always cancelled. I wonder if they are the next ones to go tits up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bridgesro

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:48:19 AM

They may have too many people turning in coins over fear from the whole Gox fiasco.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4454

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:58:10 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 01:14:48 AM by franky1

coins are moving fast. by the time you have got to the page, seen the sell price. typed in the amount of coins you want to sell.

by the time you press the button, the buy order offer price has already been bought by someone else.

if your that desperate to sell instantly, enable instant sell feature. or change the sell price to a fraction less then you were offered for a better chance at beating other sellers.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:59:52 AM

What is cancelled, withdrawals to your wallet or bank account? Or buy or sell orders? In that case, what franky1 says.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:36:20 AM

In answer to op: "No"
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:20:46 AM

Given that Coinbase has invested 25 million into their operations, I doubt they are about to go anywhere.  I think they are attempting to become more user-friendly to the average Joe (me) in an effort to gain the business of regular (non-techy) customers. 
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:30:44 AM

In answer to op: "No"

And another No!
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:58:05 AM

No.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:09:06 AM

These kinds of things have more to do with your bank than with Coinbase.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:12:00 AM

Again, no.

Brian Armstrong and his team funded by Andreessen Horowitz are only about 35,000 times more legitimate than Mark Karpeles and his insane incompetence.
AtlantisPlatform (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:16:32 AM

No it doesn't, Coinbase replied that it has to do with their algorithm. I have sold bitcoin and transferred the fiat back to my bank account many many times, but lately most of the sell bitcoin and transfer to bank account get cancelled.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:19:27 AM

Coinbase seems above board.

Still, let's not forget the lesson gox taught us.
Don't keep substantial amounts of coins
on any online exchange, no matter how
much integrity they seem to have.

greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:22:41 AM

No it doesn't, Coinbase replied that it has to do with their algorithm. I have sold bitcoin and transferred the fiat back to my bank account many many times, but lately most of the sell bitcoin and transfer to bank account get cancelled.

Instead of going on some message board and smearing feces all over the walls making accusations and innuendo, then why not get in contact them and clear it up, because there has to be a reason you're getting flagged as high risk.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:29:07 AM

Short answer: No
Long answer: I don't think so. It has been working fine for me with no exchanges cancelled. But then again, don't store all of your bitcoins in an exchange.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:41:07 AM

My coinbase account seems fine. I just withdraw 2k to my bank account yesterday because funds were getting low. Two business days, done.

Smooth as ice. They're a great company as far as I'm concerned, a credit to the community.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:32:54 AM

Me thinks the OP is trying to spread FUD.

I've made many many transactions with Coinbase both ways and it's been always a great experience.

If there's any issue, it's with the OP's financial institution.  Probably changed the terms of service or something.

GOX, GTFOH.  Not if Marc Andreesen has anything to say about it.  If you've never heard of him, you should.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
datz

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

"to survive, we must live and fly"

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:42:50 AM

Coinbase's scalp will fall into our lap.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:49:58 AM

Instead of going on some message board and smearing feces all over the walls making accusations and innuendo, then why not get in contact them and clear it up, because there has to be a reason you're getting flagged as high risk.

I have to agree with this one.  As an online business owner with my own forums it drives me ape shit batty when users go on my forums to ask a bunch of clueless random people why they had problems ordering on my store.  Ask the people who run the store.  Topics like this are just sensationalist attention drawers that don't get you an inch closer to solving your problem, and instead puts a potentially bad taste in onlookers mouths about the company you're mentioning.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:51:28 AM

Me thinks the OP is trying to spread FUD.

I've made many many transactions with Coinbase both ways and it's been always a great experience.

If there's any issue, it's with the OP's financial institution.  Probably changed the terms of service or something.

GOX, GTFOH.  Not if Marc Andreesen has anything to say about it.  If you've never heard of him, you should.

FUD, because it works for you it must all be fine for everyone? Coinbase will not provide details regarding why a transaction was cancelled, just that it was high risk. When the market is swinging in a direction that isn't conducive to completing the sale I have seen my transactions canceled, in some cases many times in a row over the course of a week or two. I have also have successful 5K plus transactions with them.

In any case since Coinbase will not share the details regarding why a transaction was cancelled the OP is asking a legitimate question. In my case I took my business to Bitstamp and haven't been happier, Coinbase lost my business due to their lack of transparency but obviously they are working fine for some people..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:06:19 AM

I've always bought large amounts of bitcoin during crashes (like our last one into the low 400's), and everytime I always get a little worried because people are always saying "OH THEY ARE GOING TO CANCEL YOUR TRANSACTION", or something like this. 

The reality is, that has never happened, nor has it happened to anyone I know that uses Coinbase.  I'm sure it does happen, and I'm not calling OP a liar, but there is something else that could be flagging his account or some sort of bug perhaps with their API updating in a certain version or browser, but I don't think they have really screwed anyone over intentionally.  Have you tried contacting their chat support?  They respond to me immediately every time.  Can you post the chat log of what they said when you confronted them on this issue?

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: