Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is POW algo abandoned?  (Read 269 times)
Dariusburst (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:26:28 AM

Have new projects abandoned proof of work algorithm or what? I can't find a single new project that is minable today, I'm only seeing junks, things are way different now compared to few years back, I was able to make profits out of mining few new coins, although some were dead, the reason why I'm looking for new coins to mine is difficulty rate, they will be lower comparing to mining ETH, kindly give advice
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:36:31 AM

PoW is an old algorithm and the crypto market has entered a new stage of staking or farming.  In my opinion, Staking is still a very good way for us to make a profit on the top altcoins during this bull run.
You can participate in Staking at Binance exchange because I see it as the most prestigious platform that we should deposit money.  Below is the information link for potential altcoins using the Staking service on Binance.
https://www.stakingrewards.com/savings/binance-staking

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:39:32 AM

In 2014 coins where rushed out because they where late, how can you start a new pow coin today?
2014 was the heyday for PoS all new where PoS, none survived in a meaningful way.
That would have to be the scam of all scams to tweak the numbers in such a way to be competitive.
PoW is not even an algorithm
winrate.io
Copper Member

Activity: 107
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2020, 08:42:45 AM

Relax, proof of work (PoW) is not dead, yet but it all comes down to potential risks and rewards. Looking at things objectively, the risks and disadvantages outnumber the upsides of mining at this point. But if you are interested in mining for fun or educational purposes, then go for it

CRYPTO TRADING PROFIT SIMULATOR | 100% FREE TO USE | NO REGISTRATION | NO SIGNUP | ▶ WATCH TUTORIAL VIDEO

Winrate.io

|
Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568
Merit: 100

COMBONetwork

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 09:03:16 AM

Have new projects abandoned proof of work algorithm or what? I can't find a single new project that is minable today, I'm only seeing junks, things are way different now compared to few years back, I was able to make profits out of mining few new coins, although some were dead, the reason why I'm looking for new coins to mine is difficulty rate, they will be lower comparing to mining ETH, kindly give advice

Indeed, more and more PoW algorithms become PoS, like Ethereum does,
either I also think it's better PoS or DPoS, because the POW algorithm is expensive,
but when it comes to abandonment, PoW is still gaining popularity, and will not be abandoned easily

TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 09:08:32 AM

PoW is an old algorithm and the crypto market has entered a new stage of staking or farming.  In my opinion, Staking is still a very good way for us to make a profit on the top altcoins during this bull run.
You can participate in Staking at Binance exchange because I see it as the most prestigious platform that we should deposit money.  Below is the information link for potential altcoins using the Staking service on Binance.
https://www.stakingrewards.com/savings/binance-staking
OP asked question about POW and he/she isn't looking for better way of making money, he is looking for proof of work answers not Staking and again some don't know that staking can be less profitable too, while you are staking a particular coin the value might dump on exchange which will affect your Staking earnings and some POS coins even became worthless just in few months time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TanakabZX

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 09:18:30 AM

I will like to know the exact algorithm that your mining rig is mining or can mine, I am into cryptonight algorithm only and I can give you some guidances if you are interested, presently I'm mining turtle coin
and iridium because of their low difficulty rate, if this is what you are looking for then go to https://crypt0.zone/coins/cryptonight

There are also other algorithms available like Ethash or EquiHash and others, changing algo in the web will show you both old and new coins you can mine

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 09:28:47 AM

Well lately 99% of project go the easy way and just create a token on ETH network.
And the ones that do have their own blockchain and POW are clones, usually cloned from Litecoin
joseyphil82

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 09:34:12 AM

I noticed it as well, majority of new projects are now using ERC20 blockchain, there is not much separate blockchain projects this days like two years ago I guess developers like the easiest way out now, even in 2017 many Monero cloned projects that are running on cryptonight algorithm have been abandoned or died, only very few survived, it's better to keep mining popular coins because you won't see new POW coins

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 11:06:28 AM

Most new projects don't use POW algorithm anymore because staking is getting more popular and easier nowadays, the only new project that one can mine right now is Veil privacy coin, this project just upgrade to a ProgPow mining algorithm and it's quit profitable, the mining difficulty is still fair but within weeks the difficulty will increase alot, it's already available on whattomine website
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 11:24:58 AM

It's being abandoned for good. Bitcoin would always be a POW and many people criticize for the power hungry approach of running the network. We don't need another bitcoin. Ethereum going POS is a good move as it need to be cheap to maintain for it to be utilized as utility token. Monero would be another leader in POW and ETC too would probably keep using it. It means though there would not be new projects getting into POW, a few would keep on dominating.
mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 03:02:49 PM

Indeed, more and more PoW algorithms become PoS, like Ethereum does,
either I also think it's better PoS or DPoS, because the POW algorithm is expensive,
but when it comes to abandonment, PoW is still gaining popularity, and will not be abandoned easily
I don't think so, PoW will soon die and Bitcoin alone will maintain it until it disappears. PoW really consumes a lot of miner cost and there are a lot of operations that need to be done before mining, in general PoW is quite a bulky version.
We should be familiar with PoS, which is currently being used by a lot of major altcoins and this algorithm will help us to have passive income without having to worry about any other external costs. It is quite similar to opening savings books at banks but this is an investment and the interest rate will be higher.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████