Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:00:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining from Home  (Read 537 times)
suprememiner35 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 04:06:37 PM

Hi all
I've been considering starting a small mining operation for a while.
I live in an apt and my electricity is included in my monthly HOA (basically free electricity).
I've been looking at the usual suspects like Bitmain, Innosilicon, etc. The main thing that worries me is the excessive noise and high energy consumption (don't really want to have problems with my management over burned out circuit breakers).

Bottom line is, can anyone recommend a build that would be good for an apartment ? Something that is quiet and doesn't put a large strain on home electrical circuitry ? I was thinking about just building a rig with 2/4 5700 cards, but the ROI is atrocious. I would love to just put a few Bitmain Asics, but the noise would be awful. Maybe there's a company that builds a quiet miner out there ?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
winrate.io
Copper Member

Activity: 107
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2020, 04:09:54 PM

You're lucky to have the electricity included in your monthly HOA! I wish I've had that.

Can I ask which coin/coins you plan to mine and which country you live in?

CRYPTO TRADING PROFIT SIMULATOR | 100% FREE TO USE | NO REGISTRATION | NO SIGNUP | ▶ WATCH TUTORIAL VIDEO

Winrate.io

|
suprememiner35 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 04:24:41 PM

I'm in the US, on the East Coast.
I was considering mining Altcoins, either ETH, LTC or just letting NiceHash sort it out.
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 05:22:04 PM

If you don't like the noise and high electricity absorption of asic miners you should consider graphics card , I recommend nvidia gtx 1660ti or super, this cards are silent and also they consume less electricity, gtx1660 super consumes up to 80watts mining Ethereum and it brings 26MH per card which equals to 1.25$ presently

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
suprememiner35 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:00:41 PM

I guess the main question should have been, Is there such thing as a quiet asic miner that could be used at home ?
4 1660Ti cards give you just about $150 a month profitability, which is far less than any asic miner.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:31:35 PM

I guess the main question should have been, Is there such thing as a quiet asic miner that could be used at home ?
4 1660Ti cards give you just about $150 a month profitability, which is far less than any asic miner.

No there are no quiet asic miners that are profitable. Hell, there are no quiet asic miners, they are built for industrial installations, not people at home. Well if you have free electricity then you could get a really old S7-LN (Low Noise) but that really wouldn't net you much/if anything in regards to earnings per month. GPU mining is really your only option. You can have multiple rigs which will all run quietly (I had two 8 card rigs in my bedroom). Only thing you would need to contend with is the heat. You will be essentially running a 1Kw heater (per rig).

There is Gekkoscience gear which is based on S9 chips and is small and discreet and designed to be run at home. But its not a money earner, its really for hobbyists. Take a look at the R606 or Newpac USB Stick.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 01:23:25 AM

Nobodies asked but how much power do you actually have available as this also limits your options. 
mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 05:26:42 AM

If the main problem is noise - GPU better then ASIC. Also GPU consume less electricity and you can get more GPUs for maximum usage. Top ASICs are expensive and old models such as S9 - gives you several problems for little profit: soundproofing,  energy usage limit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
suprememiner35 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 02:38:13 PM

Electricity wise, I have 2 20 amp and 2 15 amp circuit-breakers in my place. Probably not enough to run Asics anyway.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1053

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 05:09:17 PM

Electricity wise, I have 2 20 amp and 2 15 amp circuit-breakers in my place. Probably not enough to run Asics anyway.
If you have the opportunity to buy ASICs, then they will pay off faster. Then I advise you to study the information on immersion cooling of ASICs.
I will leave a link to the video so that you understand what I wrote about.
Now ready-made solutions for 2-4 ASICs are being sold, and the noise will not disturb you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6IeLwG5N5o
suprememiner35 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 05:13:58 PM

Wow, never heard of this before. This would actually work for me. Off I go to research more about this. Thank you very much for this info.
CashbackLover

Activity: 196

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 09:42:23 AM

Hi all
I live in an apt and my electricity is included in my monthly HOA (basically free electricity).
I've been looking at the usual suspects like Bitmain, Innosilicon, etc. The main thing that worries me is the excessive noise and high energy consumption (don't really want to have problems with my management over burned out circuit breakers).

Bottom line is, can anyone recommend a build that would be good for an apartment ? Something that is quiet and doesn't put a large strain on home electrical circuitry ? I was thinking about just building a rig with 2/4 5700 cards, but the ROI is atrocious. I would love to just put a few Bitmain Asics, but the noise would be awful. Maybe there's a company that builds a quiet miner out there ?

Well be ready cos everyone living next to you will know that you are not alone  Grin because asic miners are so noisy, you leaving them to mine away at night will be so noisy that many will be curious about what you are up to, would have been a different story if you are living in your own house, looki into graphics cards that consume less electricity like RX560 , gtx1650, gtx1660 super, rx5700 etc, DYOR

Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 07:21:56 AM

Asics are too noisy for my linking it's better to find graphics card to use for mining, there are few gpu that consumes very low electricity, like gtx750ti but this card isn't profitable anymore, I think gtx1050ti and gtx1060ti consume less electricity too, for AMD counterparts I would choose RX550

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 07:49:09 AM

Noticed you did not even mentioned breakers info and wiring info..people who ask this kind of questions are likely not going to be good in mining hehe

Anyway you can still learn and grow..you have the internet  Cheesy
New_order

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 08:54:52 AM

Hi all

There will be burnt circuit breakers for sure, I used to own a asic miner s9 few years ago and I can't remember how many times I've called a qualified electrician to help fix some burnt circuits and later had to change the complete wirings, you sure have a point there, since it's not your own property it will be a mess, go with graphics card instead, with two RX5700 you will be earning up to 4$ per day with power draw of 400 watts with the motherboard and monitor
dvdjohn

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 08:31:49 AM

i wanted to mine eth too ,i have an old gaming pc with 1 nvidia 1070. But after reading this topic the idea looks like complete waste of time   Angry
Dariusburst

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 10:15:28 AM

i wanted to mine eth too ,i have an old gaming pc with 1 nvidia 1070. But after reading this topic the idea looks like complete waste of time   Angry
What? You can mine with gtx1070, it will make sense if you have free electricity but if you don't it's still good, presently you can earn up to 5$ mining Pegascoin with a single gtx1070, how is that a waste of time? Pegascoin is a new altcoin that use Ethash Algorithm just like ETHEREUM, right now it's very profitable
CashbackLover

Activity: 196

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 10:54:41 AM

What? You can mine with gtx1070, it will make sense if you have free electricity but if you don't it's still good, presently you can earn up to 5$ mining Pegascoin with a single gtx1070, how is that a waste of time? Pegascoin is a new altcoin that use Ethash Algorithm just like ETHEREUM, right now it's very profitable
There is a problem here, Pegascoin is the most profitable right now but there is no volume, the coin is only listed on BTC-Alpha and the whole volume is under 200$, it's a complete waste of timing mining this type of coin because no one is buying it, I don't advice mining a coin that has no volume or not trading yet

mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 11:11:47 AM

There is a problem here, Pegascoin is the most profitable right now but there is no volume, the coin is only listed on BTC-Alpha and the whole volume is under 200$, it's a complete waste of timing mining this type of coin because no one is buying it, I don't advice mining a coin that has no volume or not trading yet
Even domt try to mine this coin. With mining ETH you`ll get some money, and mining different "pegascoins" you`ll get nothing except waste of time. It worked in 2017, nowadays unknown coins remains unknown.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 11:17:58 AM

You cant mine with asic at home. because sound is like plane Smiley you can make them quiet with liquid cooling but it is very difficult and expensive there is many videos people doing at home asics at water cooled. zero noise and hot water all the time.and also you need check your electric too,each asic consumes 1000-3000watts. imagine 5 of them running.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: