Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion  (Read 11620 times)
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

Ugh my "self-managed" miners just went off line today at some point.  Not really self-managed since there was never put into place any VPN access as originally planned so I am in the dark on what is going on.  Has ANYONE heard from smarthashing in the last week?  Month?

They're all offline right now, according to Coinshift. And I haven't heard jack since two weeks ago. Wtf.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

No word in his other groupbuys either. Unfortunate.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

I was coming to ask about it. Coinhoarder  

Furthermore, log in for DIY units has once again been postponed due to the fact I'm moving all hosted units into my home. I am hosting other Bitcoin mining ASIC equipment there that does not have the ability by default to be secured. Anyone that can access the network could go to their IP address and enter any pool information they want. This is obviously a big security concern for the equipment I'm already hosting. I am planning on fixing this by switching from the default firmware to a Linux based solution using bfgminer or cgminer, and securing them that way. I have so many things on my to do list, I cannot give a time that this will be available at the moment. Please bear with me- if you are having any issues with your hosted equipment or want to change pools, please call, PM, or Skype me for now.

I'm GUESSING he is moving the units to his home , but what makes me mad is THE  LACK OF COMMUNICATION. Is it so hard to post a message saying
"I'm moving the miners"

Apart from this , he has yet to pay the earnings for the hosted units. In his last post he said that he was broke and stressed out, etc. but if you want a business to succeed , you have to take care of your clients , be more vocal. I'm waiting for a answer to all of this very soon. I'm not accusing him of anything , but , with this experience I will think twice to do business with him again, and if the business is not doing great, the least you could do is try to keep your remaining customers happy.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:29:30 PM

I asked for my units to be sent to me. I was hoping I wouldn't have to host them myself, but this downtime and the delays in payouts are ridiculous. I e-mailed him directly and still haven't heard anything. Hash rate still at 0. About the only good sign is the funds have not moved from the mining address.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:18:25 PM

I asked for my units to be sent to me. I was hoping I wouldn't have to host them myself, but this downtime and the delays in payouts are ridiculous. I e-mailed him directly and still haven't heard anything. Hash rate still at 0. About the only good sign is the funds have not moved from the mining address.

Do you have his personal email? or a phone? could you PM me that info? .

We need answers now! it's been more than a day without hashing activity 
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:03:53 PM

This is just getting ridiculous , I have send some PM , personal emails... nothing. I even called today, straight to box , and it is full!!. what happened to this guy? wasn't he a reputable member of this community?.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:15:14 PM

This is just getting ridiculous , I have send some PM , personal emails... nothing. I even called today, straight to box , and it is full!!. what happened to this guy? wasn't he a reputable member of this community?.

I'm pretty pissed too. I don't think he'd selectively scam, but I know he owed someone a bunch of money (see his post history) and who knows what happened with that. Like I said, the only good thing is that the mined coins have not moved from the mining address, so at least we know they're not being spent.

Regardless, this is BS... I want my units that I paid for.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:35:26 PM

I'm pretty pissed too. I don't think he'd selectively scam, but I know he owed someone a bunch of money (see his post history) and who knows what happened with that. Like I said, the only good thing is that the mined coins have not moved from the mining address, so at least we know they're not being spent.

Regardless, this is BS... I want my units that I paid for.

I am pretty worried we won't see our units again.   Coinhoarder said he owed money and the fact that the units aren't up and he hasn't responded makes me think that his co-location unit got shut down for non-payment.  If so, we may all be out of luck.  I wish he would at least post here and tell us though.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:16:52 AM

Shit, what else we could do? is anybody near his location? or know somebody that knows him? right now we are losing the money/btc we paid for the units + what we made mining. Fuck!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:16:04 AM

Hi,

I apologize I have been absent this week. I am pretty much broke so everything is stressful right now. I have been really stressed out trying to figure out what to do about the warehouse, moving, paying bills, etc.. It is what it is please bear with me for now. If you are unhappy with the service please send me $10 per unit for shipping and I will ship them to you the next day via 2 to 3 day priority mail. Otherwise, I can only do the best that I can do with what I have to work with.

For those of you that are unaware, you can view the easy mode hosted units here: http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

From memory, there are about 70 USB miners hosted in that pool, so you can calculate what you are making buy dividing the income by 70 and multiplying it by how many units you have hosted.

It is true that there has been some down time and I apologize for that. We have been having technical issues with one of the rigs which contains about 25 units. Basically, it was freezing up after about 24 hours. I have placed a cron job to restart the mining process every 4 hours and so far that seems to have done the trick.. we have been running stable at full speed since early this week.

Furthermore, log in for DIY units has once again been postponed due to the fact I'm moving all hosted units into my home. I am hosting other Bitcoin mining ASIC equipment there that does not have the ability by default to be secured. Anyone that can access the network could go to their IP address and enter any pool information they want. This is obviously a big security concern for the equipment I'm already hosting. I am planning on fixing this by switching from the default firmware to a Linux based solution using bfgminer or cgminer, and securing them that way. I have so many things on my to do list, I cannot give a time that this will be available at the moment. Please bear with me- if you are having any issues with your hosted equipment or want to change pools, please call, PM, or Skype me for now.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication this week.. I am usually around and available often I have just been going through some hard times and been very busy. PM my account (CoinHoarder) instead of the smart hashing account to expedite responses, as usually when I check the forums I am logged into my personal account.

Thanks for understanding,

Will

Not trolling at all here just calling it how I see it.

Looks like promises have been made and once again were failed to be fulfilled as it appears based on customer posts in this thread.

Based on my previous experience of what I have seen and read of CH, he tends to speak before counting the cost of what he is promising. Supposedly he has a loan to pay off for his coins he made back in 2013 as well as pay the 5 BTC bounty for his Bitcoin design contest. This here is just another instance of where his choices/words have come back to bite him.

I understand no one is perfect, but when I see someone continue to make the same mistakes (in principle) over and over again I tend to stray away from supporting their future endeavors. Not advice in any form or fashion, just my view.

I hope all customers involved in this gets what they are owed in full.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Well this guy still MIA , I have tried all that I could and nothing. I know there were 70 miners in easymining + some more in DIY mode. So there must be more people in this train, is anybody near this guy? how much a PI cost? we could all chip in to pay to someone to track down this guy. We need to do something people. We can let this guy fuck us so easily.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:32:29 PM

I would think there would be at least 5-10 forum users requesting answers to this.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

tnt1980

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:55:43 PM

Yip, I'd like to hear what happened and have the option of having my miner shipped to me if he can't host it.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:53:55 AM

Well this guy still MIA , I have tried all that I could and nothing. I know there were 70 miners in easymining + some more in DIY mode. So there must be more people in this train, is anybody near this guy? how much a PI cost? we could all chip in to pay to someone to track down this guy. We need to do something people. We can let this guy fuck us so easily.

I am not suggesting that you dox him, but I sent you his e-mail address (which has his real name), and when I googled that name and the town he's in... Well, you try it. I'm not one to stalk people so I left it at that. He has 20 of my units, so I'm pretty pissed too, can't believe CH would go rogue after escrowing much higher values in trades in the past.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:42:00 PM

I am not suggesting that you dox him, but I sent you his e-mail address (which has his real name), and when I googled that name and the town he's in... Well, you try it. I'm not one to stalk people so I left it at that. He has 20 of my units, so I'm pretty pissed too, can't believe CH would go rogue after escrowing much higher values in trades in the past.

Hi, I forgot to thank you for the info, I have made a little check on the guy as well. I don't like  to be stalking people either , but I rather stalk than been laugh at, I chose him because he has a background in the community, he hosted other group buys with no problems. So I don't know what happened to him, but I'm sure of one thing I'm not going to let it slide. The thing is I'm not in the US and it is very difficult for me to track him down. But what do you propose for a course of action? we have been hash-less for 10 days, and the earnings have not been paid.

I hope nothing bad has happened to the guy but we need to know whats going on.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:44:00 PM

I'm not part of this group buy, but have been in his previous GBs.

I don't have any specific info, but I recall from a previous post that he had been dealing with health issues a while back. I'm hoping he's okay. A quick search using his publicly available 'real' name shows no obituaries.

I still believe CH to be an honest and dedicated member of this community, that is why I hope everything is okay.

TJ
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

I don't have any specific info, but I recall from a previous post that he had been dealing with health issues a while back. I'm hoping he's okay. A quick search using his publicly available 'real' name shows no obituaries.

I still believe CH to be an honest and dedicated member of this community, that is why I hope everything is okay.

TJ

I disagree. When CH says one thing and does another, that is considered dishonest.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:44:11 PM

TJ

I also disagree. Health issues are not an excuse this late into the game, and if he knew the severity of his health issues, he shouldn't have started his hosting endeavor to begin with.

@tekke, I also don't live in Murica, so I can't really help out there. Our hands are pretty much tied. This is pretty much how I felt when Yifu owed me 75 BTC for a refunded Avalon and I didn't get that refund for 5 months.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:42:33 AM

CoinHoarder:

Last Active:   May 29, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

Where the fuck is this guy?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:03:13 AM

CoinHoarder:

Last Active:   May 29, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

Where the fuck is this guy?

So he is lurking...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: