Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion  (Read 11620 times)
smarthashing (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:36:23 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 09:30:57 PM by smarthashing

What we offer:

- Along with Bitcoin and Litecoin, we accept over 30 ALT coins in our web store!!
- We accept Paypal (therefore credit and debit cards as well). Please consider buying Bitcoins to order for faster processing times.
- Quality Gridseed USB miner accessories
- Custom Scrypt ATX cables which can power up to 88 Gridseeds and 16 accessories on one PSU!
- All of our ATX cables come with heat shrink and cable sleeving so you can mine in style!
- Dual mode ATX cables coming soon!
- All software on the Pis are installed by us so that you are ready to go right out of the box!

Our Farm & Accessories:[/b]

When the lights go out:
https://i.imgur.com/mdMTFRy.png

The whole farm (well... most of it):
https://i.imgur.com/g8Y62WP.png

Wholesale Gridseed boxes:
https://i.imgur.com/ubvXj3E.png

Top Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/C8vlyGD.png

Next Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/s4ZHwkp.png

Next Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/uMrWem8.png

Bottom Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/gXqAHPs.jpg

There's even Gridseeds under the desk!!
https://i.imgur.com/PGEz4tK.png

New Scrypt only ATX cables available in our store smarthashing.us:
https://i.imgur.com/2aq7nML.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7XwEReq.jpg
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:57:24 AM

Watching

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:51:44 AM

interesting re branding, discounts sound good.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:54:05 PM

I forgot to mention yesterday that our tracking number for batch 1 was received and everything is well on its way!

We are expecting everything to get here on Thursday !
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:10:02 PM

I just made my first order of 6 gridseed, so far so good
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:49:15 PM

I just made my first order of 6 gridseed, so far so good

Thank you very much! You were our first order through the website. Please everyone let us know if there is a problem with the website or store, there have been a few issues reported and there may be others that crop up until we get going at full speed!

-------------

The ability to submit a Support Ticket has been added to our website for both retail and hosting customers. Feel free to submit a ticket with problems, questions, concerns, or anything else to your heart's content!

You may find the Support Desk on the top navigation bar of our website under "Support". https://www.smarthashing.us/support/

We will get back to you at our soonest convenience.

Thanks!

bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:51:52 PM

if ordered today, when will units ship?

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

if ordered today, when will units ship?

Hi,

If you were to order today, your order will likely be delivered to you mid to late next week. This depends on several factors, but shipping from china is usually 3 to 5 business days to get to us, then we need to forward it to you via 3 to 5 day USPS priority mail. We can ship express if you would like to cover the added expense. Another thing to consider is this is pretty much a group buy, but in the form of a web store and we are ordering in batches. Your batch will need to fill up before we can order, but the current minimum batch size is only 20 units, so it likely won't take long to fill up. There are already 6 units ordered in the current batch.

Thanks!
bitmutiny

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:23:01 AM

Ok, this seems legit AND a great deal, finally! Coinhoarder is a well respected and trusted member of the forum. I'm in for 24 pack.

Trans Id: 4f397c75065632a3ed943a024251d9b612d4ae038aea13646084473ceba64a58

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:36:09 AM

Ok, this seems legit AND a great deal, finally! Coinhoarder is a well respected and trusted member of the forum. I'm in for 24 pack.

Trans Id: 4f397c75065632a3ed943a024251d9b612d4ae038aea13646084473ceba64a58

Hrm.. I don't feel like logging into the smart hashing account. Smiley

Thanks very much for your order! That puts us up above the minimum batch threshold, so I will place an order for Batch 2 tonight. Please get your orders in before 10 PM CST to be included!!

----------------------

A change to the shipment policy for Gridseeds with no accessories only, all other products are unaffected: if you order 20 or more units (must be in multiples of 20), then your Gridseeds will be shipped to you directly from China. Again, you must only order in multiples of 20 for this to work. Our supplier doesn't have the facilities or employees to repackage orders smaller than 20 or any orders that are not in multiples of 20s since this is how they receive them from Gridseed.

EDIT: I am going to make a separate product for this in the store to make the only ordering in multiples of 20 very clear.

I am working towards offering in stock equipment. I don't really have a lot of money to plop down a huge order like some of my competitors, so I will have to work up to that.

Please bear with me and thanks for your support!

Ch
twig123

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:59:03 PM

FYI: Your site doesn't appear to work in Firefox (Chrome works fine):

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.smarthashing.us. The OCSP server suggests trying again later. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_try_server_later)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

Bitcoin: 11c3RRAyVA33DrkNyRz9dfvLogvGvYKWL
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:17:57 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 10:35:55 PM by smarthashing

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.smarthashing.us. The OCSP server suggests trying again later. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_try_server_later)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

The website works in Firefox, although I have seen that error from time to time too. I think it is an issue with Godaddy.. it doesn't happen very often but it does sometimes. Just refresh the page a little later and it fixes itself. Sorry about that.

----------------------

Batch 1 received a day earlier than expected! Grin Smiley Cool

We'll be super busy tonight, but will try to post pics later. We have a team of 3 helping with everything, so I hope we won't have many issues. There is a lot to do though, if we can have all 100+ Gridseeds running stable by the end of the night, then it will be a good day!

Can Batch 1 participants suggest a pool you want to use? There is only 1 requirement for us as far as what pool to use.. is that the pool use a Bitcoin address for the user name. That way we can operate as transparently as possible. My initial thoughts were to use (how ironic) clever mining. Cheesy

What do you guys think?
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:14:57 AM

Secure Connection Failed

The website works in Firefox, although I have seen that error from time to time too. I think it is an issue with Godaddy.. it doesn't happen very often but it does sometimes. Just refresh the page a little later and it fixes itself. Sorry about that.

----------------------

We'll be super busy tonight, but will try to post pics later. We have a team of 3 helping with everything, so I hope we won't have many issues. There is a lot to do though, if we can have all 100+ Gridseeds running stable by the end of the night, then it will be a good day!

Can Batch 1 participants suggest a pool you want to use? There is only 1 requirement for us as far as what pool to use.. is that the pool use a Bitcoin address for the user name. That way we can operate as transparently as possible. My initial thoughts were to use (how ironic) clever mining. Cheesy

What do you guys think?

I will never be upset about a day early. Good job! Is the pool I gave you yesterday ok or do I need to setup something else?

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:32:01 AM

For DIY hosting you may mine on whatever pool you like, so yes that is fine. Smiley

Well.. my team is MIA I wasn't expecting these to come in today, I had told them to come tomorrow. I'm still chugging along but it will take me longer than I had planned. I still hope to have everything running tonight, but please bear with me. When setting up this large of a farm, we need to plan for future expansion.

My goals for tonight are:
1. Get at least 49 Gridseeds running on 1 Pi
2. Get 88 Gridseeds and their USB hubs running on one ATX power supply
3. Get all hosted units up and running stable.

All customers that decided to take delivery of their equipment, your stuff will ship out tomorrow via 2-3 day USPS Priority tomorrow. Smiley

I've got a busy night ahead of me, 112 hosted units to set up.. better get to it.

Thanks
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:11:23 AM

Good to hear! I hope all went well last night for you all, Im excited to see the pics!

I also cant wait for my units to arrive, i hope they get here by Saturday so I have all weekend to set them up.

thanks again man!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:19:20 AM

Well, I pulled an all nighter. It is safe to say I underestimated the amount of time it would take to put everything together. Cable management alone for 100+ gridseeds is a logistical nightmare. Not to mention trying to get as many as I can on one Pi is proving challenging, but I think I can get it. I'm chugging along.. I expect to have everything running later today. I'll update you guys as there is news.
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:24:55 AM

Secure Connection Failed

----------------------

What do you guys think?

I'm good with clever mining as well. I don't know if multipool.us would allow you to have a username as long as a Bitcoin address. Maybe it would?
robogrowth

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:59:44 AM

no paypal?
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:43:10 PM

no paypal?

Maybe.. PM me what you're interested in. I'll only ship to verified Paypal addresses.
chriswen

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:09:01 PM

Secure Connection Failed

----------------------

What do you guys think?

I'm good with clever mining as well. I don't know if multipool.us would allow you to have a username as long as a Bitcoin address. Maybe it would?

Clevermining or coinshift is okay with me.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 04:37:21 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 06:54:17 PM by smarthashing

Up to 25 working on one Pi now. 32 working now... it's time to go for the gold... 49+...  Grin

I apologize this is taking so long. I got done hooking everything up and there was a short in the system... I had to unhook everything and now I'm adding units 4 at a time to find the faulty connection. I am making progress though. Thanks for being patient.

DIY guys I'm not going to have log in setup until tonight, sorry about that. Please PM me pool info and I will get you setup as soon as I can.

Thanks
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:56:22 PM

50 Easy mode hosted units are now hashing. Only ~17 left to go and all easy mode miners are hashing.

1 out of 2 DIY hosting accounts are hashing. I am awaiting pool info for the 2nd one.

We have 15 extra Gridseeds in stock that were ordered in batch 1 which can ship out tomorrow. PM me and I'll make you a good deal.

Thanks
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:39:10 AM

50 Easy mode hosted units are now hashing. Only ~17 left to go and all easy mode miners are hashing.

1 out of 2 DIY hosting accounts are hashing. I am awaiting pool info for the 2nd one.

We have 15 extra Gridseeds in stock that were ordered in batch 1 which can ship out tomorrow. PM me and I'll make you a good deal.

Thanks

What pool did you go with, and is there any way we can see our units hash rate in action?

Also when can we expect to receive the refunds for the difference in unit price?

Thanks.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:58:27 AM

Thanks

What pool did you go with, and is there any way we can see our units hash rate in action?

Also when can we expect to receive the refunds for the difference in unit price?

Thanks.

I'll be able to do refunds this weekend when it slows down a bit. I've still got a lot to do to get Batch 1 fully setup.

We are here: http://clevermining.com/users/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR

Getting a lot of rejects.. I think I need to reduce the number of units per Pi. Right now I have 25.. they DIY rig that only has 15 is getting much lower rejects, so I think by bringing the two that have 25 down to 20 should help a lot.
lae

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

Someone overclocked their Gridseed with the following results:

800MHz=340kh/s
850MHz=361kh/s
900MHz=383kh/s
950MHz=404kh/s
1000MHz=425kh/s

Though I don't know what his wattage was like/etc.

I think you mentioned OCing in the previous thread. Are you still considering it/have you tried to so far?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:47:38 PM

Someone overclocked their Gridseed with the following results:

800MHz=340kh/s
850MHz=361kh/s
900MHz=383kh/s
950MHz=404kh/s
1000MHz=425kh/s

Though I don't know what his wattage was like/etc.

I think you mentioned OCing in the previous thread. Are you still considering it/have you tried to so far?
Yes will likely keep it around 850 mhz

----------

I started making some headway last night, but I fell aslep here at the office! I have been up almost two days straight trying to get this stuff to work. It now seems almost impossible with the current state of mining clients for Gridseeds to run more than  24 or so on one Pi. I got tired of messing around with the hashra image and scripta. I built cgminer from source about right before I fell asleep and was able to get cgminger to see 52 Gridseeds. cgminer launches in this instance and acts like it's working, but no work was being submitted. :\

Today I am going to focus on just building a lot of smaller systems and getting everything up and running. I was really hoping to get as many per Pi as possible due to expandability issues and costs, but it's just not going to work right now. I hope a better mining client is released in the near future that can handle more of these. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to run 49+ like I had originally planned.

Sorry for the delay, I've been working really hard. Before I fell asleep last night I had been up for almost 24 hours troubleshooting. Just know I'm working on it and I'll get us up and running as soon as possible!! I even had some help show up last night.. my friend who is good with computers. It is simply technically impossible at this point in time to do much more than 24 per Pi unfortunately. It's time to move on and just get everything running. Smiley

Thanks
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:13:42 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 09:47:02 PM by CoinHoarder

Ok, well I should of tried this earlier but the high rejection rate problem we were experiencing was with the pool clevermining.com

I have switched us over to coinshift as suggested earlier and we are running well with only ~3.7% error rate, which is very respectable.

http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

It will take a while for the pool to update and I'm going to play around with it a little bit more before getting all the other units up and running, but I feel like changing pools solved all of our biggest problems. We currently have 27 per Pi and it seems to be functioning flawlessy. We tried another 10 port hub at the end of the chain, but 6 ports in teh last hub didn't work and bfgminer froze.

Just thought I'd share the good news..

Back to work & Thanks.. sorry for the delay
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 06:38:06 AM

In stock units ON SALE ONLY THIS WEEKEND!!!
$184.99 including shipping (only to the USA). There are currently 25 units in stock and they will ship out by the next business day as soon as they are paid for. They come with no accessories, so please be prepared as to making sure you have everything you need. Check out the accessory section of our store or one of the package deals to get an idea of what you'll need.

Batch Status Update:
Batch 1: Ordered on Saturday and received on Wednesday
Batch 2: Ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday
Batch 3: Accepting orders

Quick Delivery:
We're very excited about the quick delivery time of our supplier from China! We feel the wait times listed on our website are very conservative.. only if there is a problem of some type will we need to wait 5-10 business days to get equipment. We just put 5-10 business days so that in case there is a problem, everyone knows that is a possibility from the get go.

Hosting Status:
Most units that are to be hosted and delivered are running. It took us a while, but we now have over 100 running stable. Please bear with us as we bring all of them online, I expect all of batch 1 and 2 to be up and stable by tomorrow. We made a lot of progress today and Easy mode hosting is now pushing upwards of 30 Mh.  Grin

All DIY rigs from Batch 1 are working. Log in is not available at his time, but if you would like to change your pool info or clock speed please contact us.

24 Packs and greater have been removed from the store
After receiving batch 1 we have realized that the Gridseeds/Firmware/Mining Clients have a maximum of about 27 Gridseeds on one Raspberry Pi. All of our prices were figured out using a number of being able to run 49 Gridseeds on one Pi, thus all of our larger packages were affected. We decided just to stick with the smaller packages for now, but if you are interested in something bigger we can certainly make it happen. After building a large cluster for our hosting clients, we are well aware of the logistics involved with starting a large farm.

Batch 1 partial refund:
Because were so awesome, we are refunding you the difference in between our original batch 1 price and the actual price we paid for it. Although we are committed to seeing this through and making out customers happy, please bear with us as we are still extremely busy. There are more hosted units to be sent out, DIY mining mode needs to be setup and the network secured, a couple packages to test and ship out on Monday, order new accessories that we are running low on.. The list literally goes on and on. We promise to get refunds done as soon is convenient and after all of the immediate priorities like getting people up and hashing are taken care of.

Thank you all!
bitmutiny

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:09:34 PM

Checking up on shipping status of my 24 pack w/ accessories.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:03:23 PM

Checking up on shipping status of my 24 pack w/ accessories.

You have a PM
chriswen

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

Cool!  Refunds are awesome.  How much BTC are we looking at per unit?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:09:39 PM

Cool!  Refunds are awesome.  How much BTC are we looking at per unit?

For you (from memory I think you paid $185 each), it will be $10 a unit. Those that paid $190 when the group buy was being organized and I was still getting prices.. it will be $15 a unit.
fedge

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:06:39 PM

Can you send my invoice so I can get my order in for the 8pack?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:26:13 PM

Can you send my invoice so I can get my order in for the 8pack?

Done- Thanks
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:28:50 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 07:01:57 AM by smarthashing

Current Deals:
- 20 Gridseeds with no accessories - Straight from China to you in 3 to 5 days - $3,599.99
- In stock Gridseeds with no accessories - Can be hosted or not, please specify when ordering - $184.99
- Gridseed with no accessory pre-order - Please allow 3-5 business days before we are able to ship to you - $174.99

Random News:
- We will ship internationally, just contact us with what you want and we will give you a quote. Shipping is complicated to setup in the store and our margins are very low, so shipping needs to be exact or else we just paid for you to acquire equipment.
- We take Paypal on a case by case scenario, please make sure you have a verified shipping address, then contact us with what you're interested in.
- All of Batch 1 & 2 is shipped or hosted.
- We made a slight error when setting up the Easy mode farm at first- CoinHoarder had been up something like 30+ hours straight setting up the farm and accidentally put some units on the wrong pool. This will explain the drop in hash power from yesterday to today.
- There are currently 155 Gridseeds being hosted at our location.
- Our prices might go up in the near future- or we might start charging for shipping.. one of the two. We're hardly breaking even on some items after expenses and shipping, even losing money in some cases. With the amount of work this is taking, our profit needs to be worthwhile. We could all go get a job flipping burgers and we'd be making about the same as we are doing this- and it would be A LOT less stressful! We kept the cost of hosted units low for a while for hosting space to fill up to cover our expenses, but that is becoming less of a necessity with every order. Again, order now if you're thinking about doing it soon as all prices are subject to change.
- As promised... picture time!

*blushes at the mess of wires and leaning towers of Gridseeds*

Our main priority the past few days has been getting all Gridseeds up and running. We're happy to report all Batch 1 & 2 Gridseeds are currently hosted or shipped!!! Our next focus will be organizing the farm including the layout and all of the wires. We will do this on a rig by rig scenario, so as little downtime as possible is had by all.

Please note: That power cables and USB hubs we ship out to customers are nicer than some of the ones we are using for hosted units. We bought a big box of really cheap USB hubs, so if one malfunctions we can simply replace it. Since our customers won't have that luxury we use quality Rosewill USB hubs for our retail orders, and also the ATX power cables that ship out will have heat shrinked connections and cable sleeves.

When the lights go out:
https://i.imgur.com/mdMTFRy.png

The whole farm (well... most of it):
https://i.imgur.com/g8Y62WP.png

Wholesale Gridseed boxes:
https://i.imgur.com/ubvXj3E.png

Top Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/C8vlyGD.png

Next Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/s4ZHwkp.png

Next Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/uMrWem8.png

Bottom Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/gXqAHPs.jpg

There's even Gridseeds under the desk!!
https://i.imgur.com/PGEz4tK.png

Thanks to all for a great start! Even though it was frustrating at times, we enjoyed setting everything up! Please let us know if you have any problems or questions.

Thanks again,

The Smart Hashing Team
fedge

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:37:40 PM

You don't want to cheap out on the power supplies.  Never ever ever.  My father used to work for IBM as a hdd test frame builder/designer.  The power supplies they got to run those 24/7 testers were the best they could budget for to make sure they never had to debug bad power.

I am going to use a used corsair psu on my set up, until I get a new one and test it out for stability.  I read a lot of stories online about burn outs from the cheaper psu that others were using.  That is too much of a risk on investment.  Some people lost the whole farm... maybe those users can't wire up a light bulb and that was the problem.  We have all made stupid assembly mistakes.  I recently wrecked hardware having a screw out of alignment with the video cards. I would suggest group buys stay away from those psu.  Doing the atx route is safer for the customer in the end--supply a decent set of hookup cables and let the customer get their psu inline themselves.

I would suggest those metal racks with mfd shelves that go together with slotted tabs (found at menards and lowels for about 50 to 60 usd) hold way more weight per shelf and you can bolt them to the wall so no boob tips them over.  I used them for fish tank racks and they never collapsed with 300llb of water weight on each shelf. I did upgrade the wood to 3/4" plywood wrapped in plastic to prevent water damage.  Maybe ditch the wood shelfs and just run a wire lattice in the metal frame to cradle all the gridseed in rows so they are easier to swap out for maintenance.  Eventually you will need to figure out where gridseed 2000 is if it fails.  I see some people spending as much on the racks as the servers they go into.. not necessary.

I don't envy the wire management problem.  with my small order it will be easier than that farm.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

Hey Fedge,

I understand where you're coming from. Let me explain the decision on the PSUs.

- Although they are a bit cheaper than the top of the line PSUs, this PSU has very good customer ratings
- The power savings from a bronze rated PSU compared to a gold rated PSU is minimal
- In my experience the top of the line PSUs are simply overpriced compared to what you can get on the next tier down
- This PSU can run a lot of amperage on the 12v lines which is good for running a lot of Gridseeds.. almost the whole PSUs wattage can be pulled from the 12v lines.

My buddy, who is a gaming enthusiast, was helping me setup had never heard of Kingwin either. After setting these up and looking at them in person he said he was going to buy these for his next PC build- he was that impressed. Although they may not be top of the line super expensive PSUs, I feel like they are pretty good quality. Definately a step up from the cheapo industrial regulated PSUs other Gridseed suppliers are using.

I usually use metal wire shelves, but I was trying to save a buck. I may end up replacing those all together and just using them for boxes of accessories etc. It is actually plastic shelving, and as you can see in the pictures the shelves are not completely even which caused some of the towers of Gridseeds to kind of lean to one side or another. They have been running for more than 24-48 hours now and have not moved much, so I think they are fine stability wise, but if I need to troubleshoot or move something around it's going to be a PITA. So... I agree with you the shelving could use an upgrade.

Yes.. with so many wires it's hard to organize everything! After setting everything up it has allowed me to get a better idea of how to do it better. I will definitely be organizing everything a bit more.

We have another busy day ahead of us! All of our ATX power cables are made by hand, so we are going to get together and bang a bunch of them out so that we have a small stockpile. Making the cables is the most time consuming part of getting a package together and setting up the hosted equipment, so it will be nice to have a lot of them made!

Thanks & take care,

Will

mingophoria

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:43:37 PM

I would like to get a set of 10 units gridseedminers including accesories shipping to EU. How much will it cost including shipping .Can you please pm me your best offer. Thanks

Free BITCOINS N LITECOINS in your wallet everyday.
http://qoinpro.com/7314e7c13b16ece2e726a1e32650cd4a
"Pass the Flutter": F8WQXnNgmN9EpN3PWrztrNgDvmLpCjQudD
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:29:39 AM

Thanks for the updates. Since we are hashing now

- How Often will be the payments for the Easy Mining Asics, and how you would calculate them.
- I haven't set or been asked for any BTC address for the payments, should I send it to you via PM or you are going to make some kind of a page within smarthashing for the Easy Mining users.
bitmutiny

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:10:59 AM

Received USPS tracking for 24 pack with accessories today! Can't wait to get them!

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 01:07:05 AM

Thanks for the updates. Since we are hashing now

- How Often will be the payments for the Easy Mining Asics, and how you would calculate them.
- I haven't set or been asked for any BTC address for the payments, should I send it to you via PM or you are going to make some kind of a page within smarthashing for the Easy Mining users.

We were planning on sending out payments once a month, however we would rather everyone have their own pool account- that way you get paid from mining instantly (depending on the pool you choose) and we are not liable for your money. Instead of taking hosting fees out of the miner's income, it would be paid monthly by each client. We are looking into getting some sort of interface that would allow you to change pools, request that your units be sold and the funds forwarded, and pay hosting fees and keep track of them. If the hosting fees aren't paid, we will need to switch your units over to our pool to pay them and we will contact you whether you want to end the hosting arrangement, sell your units, or keep going with us!

Honestly the web interface is kind of a long ways off, but it is something we are working towards. For now everyone that ordered in Batch 1 & 2 will share the same pool account. Your orders arrived within a couple days of each other and were all setup and running relatively at the same time seeing as though there were some issues the first day or so. We will request your BTC addresses soon if you haven't submitted it already. We're not sure there's much of a point in sending out a payment for a few days of mining, but if you guys want it we will do it. Otherwise, we were planning on waiting until the end of April. It will be like: [ (Number of easy mining ASICs) / (Total income of all easy mining asics) ] x (Number of units you have hosted). This way down time on one certain unit is shared by the group. We're not quite sure what we're going to do with failing equipment, but we don't feel like it's fair to say to someone "sorry, a unit burned up.. you're the unlucky one that has to take the hit." That just doesn't seem right, so pooling all easy hosted mining units together seems like the sensible thing to do.
chriswen

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:37:55 AM

So who's part of the smarthashing team?

Coinhoarder I thought you had a day job also?

Did you add a female to the team?
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:15:29 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:39:22 AM by smarthashing

So who's part of the smarthashing team?

Coinhoarder I thought you had a day job also?

Did you add a female to the team?

I've been getting some of my family and friends to help on an as needed basis. My friend is the only buddy I've known for a long time that is also into crypto. He is very smart and knows his way around computers and programming. He is pretty useful. My family helps me do things like assemble coins for cryptovest, they started recently answeing some emails and PMs, and also making some of these awesome cables I'm about to post pictures of. I would prefer they take over shipping, etc. too, as they helped me out a lot with that when I was selling coins with CryptoVest.

The problem is I can't afford much help right now.. I mean I only received 3 orders last week and they were mostly quite small for 1 unit! It's hard for me to compete with the larger Gridseed suppliers, so it is what it is. It's funny that you mention it, I do need to go back to my day job for a while due to lack of sales. I had enthusiastic intentions when starting this venture that it would do OK enough to take a break from work for a while. Let's just say that I'm not making the bills. This venture somewhat falling on its face reminded me that I do have a good job that I do not want to lose, so I better get back to it. This will remain a part time venture for me in the near term future. I am determined to press on though, I'm locked into a rental agreement so I will continue to make this work part time.

We are not going anywhere, we will be hosting the Gridseeds that are already sold and finishing out customer's orders. We will still have Gridseed accessories for sale in the store (we will likely have a big sale on them soon). We are going to regroup, and we will get back to providing mining equipment sales and hosting for good prices shortly. Look at this as just a slight pause.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:24:50 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:47:00 AM by smarthashing

Available now in the store. Please allow 3 business days until we can ship, these are made by hand and it takes almost a hour to make one PCIe cable!!

The sleeving for the larger part was the wrong size, so heat shrink will be used instead until that gets here- as pictured.

Gridseed Scrypt ATX PCIe Adapter: Can power 12 Gridseeds in Scrypt mode
https://i.imgur.com/2aq7nML.jpg

Gridseed Scrypt ATX Molex Adapter: Can power 4 Gridseeds in Scrypt mode and 4 accessories (USB hubs, can be altered to run Pi, etc.)
https://i.imgur.com/7XwEReq.jpg

Warning:
1. Do not use the PCIe adapter on a 8 pin CPU aka. EPS power connector from your PSU. Yes it will fit, but you will fry your Gridseeds. The EPS power adapters will have orange heat shrink and the PCIe adapters will have black heat shrink so you can tell the difference. Furthermore, PCIe adapters only have 12 barrel plugs whereas EPS adapters have 16 barrel plugs.
2. Yellow heat shrink = Gridseed barrel plug & Orange (future versions will be red.. we ordered the wrong color) Heat Shrink = USB Hubs or 5v accessories
3. The 8 pin PCIe adapter also works with a 6 pin PCIe power cable. Just make sure to plug it into the right side. The difference inbetween an 8 pin PCIe and a 6 pin PCIe is that the 6 pin PCIe has two less ground wires (the black ones). So, when plugging in the Y adapter look for these extra grounds and plug the connector into the opposite side leaving the extra black grounds unconnected.
4. Scrypt mode only for these cables!! New cables will be here soon for dual mining!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

By the way, if you didn't read the wall of texts above, we are suspending pre-orders of the Gridseed ASICs. Accessories still for sale.

There are 15 available in stock in the store, hosted or not, but that will be it for a little bit.

Thanks

PS: Lazy hosting guys.. I was tinkering around in the farm again today, sorry for the bit of down time. I rearranged some things and fixed a couple units.. a couple bad usb cables etc. It seems we have one RMA, which I will receive a refund for. That will go towards mining income.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:50:04 PM

By the way, if you didn't read the wall of texts above, we are suspending pre-orders of the Gridseed ASICs. Accessories still for sale.

There are 15 available in stock in the store, hosted or not, but that will be it for a little bit.

Thanks

PS: Lazy hosting guys.. I was tinkering around in the farm again today, sorry for the bit of down time. I rearranged some things and fixed a couple units.. a couple bad usb cables etc. It seems we have one RMA, which I will receive a refund for. That will go towards mining income.

CH, can you provide lazy hosting guys with an alternate contact method (e-mail, reddit, etc.)? As you can see, bitcointalk is not always reliable and I would feel more comfortable having another way to reach you.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:46:53 PM

Sure, I'll PM you my personal email.

Thanks
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:32:13 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 05:28:19 AM by CoinHoarder

There are still 15 Gridseeds in stock, this will be all we have for a while so get 'em while we got 'em.

Easy Mining Update:

It seems we have an unstable rig. I am trying to narrow it down to which one it is, you will notice on coinshift our rigs are being separated into workers according to the color of their rapsberry pi's case. Smiley

So... we have teal, clear, and naked (poor guy doesn't have a case!) Edit: Naked was the culprit, changing out the Pi to see if it has any affect.. if not, I will separate its hubs in between two Pis. He has been replaced by 'white'.

All easy mode miners are mining on three pis with 24 to 27 gridseeds each.

I just got some more Pis in today, so I will try separating the trouble rig into two rigs to see if that helps any if my original plan doesn't work. My original plan consists of simply re-imaging the SD card and seeing how it works.

2nd Edit: All up and running fine now. Faulty USB hubs were at play. Those cheap ones don't work worth a crap. Luckily I got 10 more Rosewills in the mail today and replaced the hubs and wa lah. All is good again! It is odd though sometimes the cheap hubs work and sometimes they don't. It's hit or miss I guess. The rosewill hubs work awesome with Pis though.. no problems at all! Pushing 27-30 Mh in easy mode. Smiley
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:26:44 PM

There are still 15 Gridseeds in stock, this will be all we have for a while so get 'em while we got 'em.

Easy Mining Update:

It seems we have an unstable rig. I am trying to narrow it down to which one it is, you will notice on coinshift our rigs are being separated into workers according to the color of their rapsberry pi's case. Smiley

So... we have teal, clear, and naked (poor guy doesn't have a case!) Edit: Naked was the culprit, changing out the Pi to see if it has any affect.. if not, I will separate its hubs in between two Pis. He has been replaced by 'white'.

All easy mode miners are mining on three pis with 24 to 27 gridseeds each.

I just got some more Pis in today, so I will try separating the trouble rig into two rigs to see if that helps any if my original plan doesn't work. My original plan consists of simply re-imaging the SD card and seeing how it works.

2nd Edit: All up and running fine now. Faulty USB hubs were at play. Those cheap ones don't work worth a crap. Luckily I got 10 more Rosewills in the mail today and replaced the hubs and wa lah. All is good again! It is odd though sometimes the cheap hubs work and sometimes they don't. It's hit or miss I guess. The rosewill hubs work awesome with Pis though.. no problems at all! Pushing 27-30 Mh in easy mode. Smiley

I really hate to be "that guy", but ..... any update on those refunds?  Grin I know you said you'd have them out last weekend and I realize you had a really busy one with getting this setup - I can appreciate that. Just wondering if there's any date set for sending them out.
bitmutiny

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:26:27 AM

Received my 24 pack of gridseeds with accessories a day earlier than expected. Running half off the Pi and half off a laptop using windows 7. everything working great. had to mod the mini usb cables just a bit to fit correctly, but it took all of 5 minutes.

Each hashing at 361 out of the box. sweet! Thanks smarthashing!

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:10:52 AM

Received my 24 pack of gridseeds with accessories a day earlier than expected. Running half off the Pi and half off a laptop using windows 7. everything working great. had to mod the mini usb cables just a bit to fit correctly, but it took all of 5 minutes.

Each hashing at 361 out of the box. sweet! Thanks smarthashing!

Thanks very much for your order, let us know if there's anything else we can do!
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:16:43 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 02:17:54 PM by smarthashing

Hi all,

We're happy to report all problems with the hosted equipment were knocked out last night and the farm has been running stable for over 24 hours. Also, we were also able to secure better pricing for the Gridseed ASICs from our original supplier and all Gridseed ASIC sales have been resumed. Our prices have been adjusted accordingly and we think you will find them very competitive. Let us know if you have any questions. To place an order, please visit our website: smarthashing.us

Edit: old pricing, see OP

We're happy to see some of the first retail orders making their way to their new homes. Let us know if we can be of any assistance if you have trouble getting up and running. It helps to order a Pi from the web store so everything comes pre-configured.

Thanks!
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Holy cow! I hadn't checked on the old GB thread in a while, and I completely missed this transformation into SmartHashing -- a great project, congratulations CH!

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
chriswen

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:58:43 AM

Coinhoarder are you planning on using your forum?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:27:32 PM

Holy cow! I hadn't checked on the old GB thread in a while, and I completely missed this transformation into SmartHashing -- a great project, congratulations CH!

Hey! Glad you like it! Smiley

I'm not sure at this moment. They are technically Amdd's forums and he needs to manually authenticate people to let them join and post, so if I want to continue using his forums I will need to work something out with him. I haven't thought about it too much, but it is a possibility. For now I was just planning on using these forums.. most of the participants in this group buy already have access to those forums, so maybe it would be good.
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:49:56 PM

I'm not sure at this moment. They are technically Amdd's forums and he needs to manually authenticate people to let them join and post, so if I want to continue using his forums I will need to work something out with him. I haven't thought about it too much, but it is a possibility. For now I was just planning on using these forums.. most of the participants in this group buy already have access to those forums, so maybe it would be good.

Not mine, relm9's isnt it?

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

Oops, you are on my mind this morning Amdd.

Yes I meant Relm9. Cheesy
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:56:54 PM

Oops, you are on my mind this morning Amdd.

Yes I meant Relm9. Cheesy

lol no worries, at least Im on someones mind!   Cheesy

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:56:57 PM

We added a pre-order queue list in the OP to give those who are interested an idea of how long it will take when ordering a pre-order item. There are currently 9 out of 60 units ordered in this batch. Once the batch fills up, it will take 3-5 days for the Gridseeds to be shipped here from China.

Current Pre-Order Queue: 9 out of 60 units have been reserved and paid for.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:04:09 AM

In stock units have been reduced to $174.99 hosted or shipped, and there are only 4 units left in stock. If hosted, they will be switched over to your pool ASAP depending on the time of your order, if your order is made in the evenings we will likely be able to switch it over immediately.

Firmware on all hosted units was updated tonight, hopefully this will reduce stales etc. and improve the miners performance. It will take a bit to see if there is any difference. All mining equipment has been relatively stable, so that is good.. most rigs made it more than a week without any problems so that is a good thing!

Log in for DIY hosting will be enabled this weekend. I apologize I haven't been able to do it sooner, but wanted to make sure the network and all computers/pis are secure before allowing it. Furthermore, I haven't wired up the fuses yet.. that will be a task for this weekend as well.

We are looking into securing a better price for the Gridseeds and will make an announcement about it soon with miners being available at new prices as early as next week. I apologize our prices have been changing so much from week to week. Gridseed are pricing their mining equipment according to the current network and profitability, so I expect the prices to keep being reduced in the future as profitability declines. This is nothing new, ASICMINER and ANTMINER have been doing something similar for a long time where they slowly decrease their prices over time according to network variables. I just thought I'd explain it for those of you that aren't familiar with the process. Smiley

One last thing.. we are upping the volume of our ATX cable making and will have a lot of in stock ATX cables. We are planning on having a sell to get rid of some of them, because we probably ordered way too many. I think you will like the quality of the cables.. see the pictures posted a few posts up. They have heat shrink'd barrel plugs and connectors, and the cables are sleeved for easier cable management and a nice clean look. I would upgrade all of our cables here at the farm here to these nicer ones if we had the time (some take a long time to make because of the heat shrink and cable sleeves). I really like the way they came out.. the pictures don't do them justice of how good they look!

Thanks as always,

Will
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 01:06:33 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 02:17:22 PM by smarthashing

Edit: old pricing, see OP

Improvements:
- Batch sizes for pre-order units are reduced to 20 units each, so less wait time is incurred by our group buy customers!
- In stock units will be hosted or shipped within 24 hours or less, or your money back.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:05:06 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 01:52:01 AM by smarthashing

Batch 3 had been ordered and is on its way.  Grin

We will have new cheaper in stock units in 3 to 5 days, and our pre-order prices will remain the same as that's the best we can do on those for now.

Thanks all!

PS: We are offering a special deal to Batch 1 & 2 customers only. If you were a batch 1 & 2 customer, please contact us if you're looking at buying more Gridseeds and we will offer you the best deal possible. We apologize we have been slow on Batch 1 and 2 refunds, but the declining Bitcoin value has hit our Bitcoin-based business pretty hard the past few weeks. We are entirely Crypto based with no FIAT whatsoever other than what we need to order accessories with. We are also looking into other ways to make it up to you guys, so I hope you find this as satisfactory for now. Some ideas we're tossing around is burning in all retail units for 24 hours in the Easy mining mode pool, and extended free hosting for DIY customers. We want our customers and previous customers to get the best deals possible and make sure they are treated well. Thanks for understanding.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

In stock units are sold out, we will have new in stock units available in 3 to 5 days.

Pre-order items are still available.

Thanks
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:06:45 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 12:59:30 AM by smarthashing

Paypal (therefore credit and debit cards as well) has been added as a payment option in our store! We much prefer Bitcoin though due to the lower fees and speed of it. Please seriously consider buying Bitcoins and paying that way before using the Paypal payment option... thanks! The following terms apply for all Paypal payments and are clearly explained at check out:

- Our margins are very small, and using Paypal would actually make us operate at a loss, therefore a 10% fee is imposed for using Paypal to pay. To avoid this please use Bitcoin, as it is our preferred method of payment which has less fees!

- For any pre-order product, your order will suffer additional delays due to the time it takes to transfer the money from Paypal to our bank account and back into Bitcoin. We estimate this to take approximately 7 to 10 business days. Please consider buying Bitcoins and placing your order using Bitcoin, as there will be less of a delay. We recommend using localbitcoins.com to receive Bitcoins usually on the same day as purchasing them.

- Paypal cannot be used for hosted mining services due to risks of charge backs and the non reversible nature of Bitcoin payments. Therefore, Paypal is only accepted for orders that are to be delivered. We will refund the full amount minus Paypal fees immediately after you have ordered if you order hosted equipment.

- Furthermore, to protect ourselves from fraud we will only ship to verified Paypal addresses. Please make sure your shipping address is verified before making an order. We will refund the full amount minus Paypal fees if your address is not verified.

coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

Ordered one unit for lazy hosting in batch 3, I'll be observing and maybe invest more soon. Hopefully you'll be able to shift to fortnightly or weekly payout schedule.
chriswen

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

- Paypal cannot be used for hosted mining services due to risks of charge backs and the non reversible nature of Bitcoin payments. Therefore, Paypal is only accepted for orders that are to be delivered. We will refund the full amount minus Paypal fees immediately after you have ordered if you order hosted equipment.

Didn't you get this mixed up.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:41:53 AM

Didn't you get this mixed up.

No he has it right.  If an item is delivered and the customer disputes, then he can provide proof of shipping, ie a tracking number.  But if he has the unit and the person charges back, then he has no way of proving that he held up his end of the bargain and the customer gets their money back.  Essentially, they could have it hosted for I think 3 months, then do a charge back and get their full amount back, plus whatever they made from the hosted units and he is left with used units that are probably a lot cheaper since its months later, and no money from them.

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:13:31 PM

Hi Gentleman,

A few things this morning:

- Batch 3 came in yesterday evening, everything should be running and shipped by this evening.
- I will see what I can do about making Easy mode hosting payments more frequently. For now it is what it is.
- DIY mode log in is still not available.. I apologize but there are a couple security issues holding this up and will get it done ASAP.
- Gridseed blade is now available for order
- 28 USB miners in stock

New Prices:
In stock Gridseed 5 Chip ASICs (hosted or not): $134.99
      In stock units will be hosted or shipped within 24 hours or less, or your money back.
Gridseed 5 Chip ASIC with No Accessories Pre-Order*: $104.99
Gridseed 5 Chip ASIC with Hosting Pre-Order*: $114.99
Gridseed Blade Pre-Order*: $1479.99
Gridseed Blade Hosted Pre-Order*: $1579.99

* All pre-order items are bought in traditional group buy-like batches of 20 units each. As soon as enough orders are received for 20 units, the Gridseeds will ship to us in 3 to 5 business days. The Gridseed Blade is bought in batches of 4 each. We plan on having your order shipped or hosted within 24 hours or less after they are received from our supplier. If you decide your order is taking too long you may ask for a refund at anytime, alternatively you will remain in the queue until an order can be placed.

Thanks
bitmutiny

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:23:31 AM

Hi. Do you have any orders in for blades waiting in the queue? This price is awesome.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:59:26 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 04:33:28 PM by CoinHoarder

Hi. Do you have any orders in for blades waiting in the queue? This price is awesome.

Hey,

No we do not. Honestly the last customer order was placed on April 9th... business is slow. The only thing I can promise quick shipping on is our in stock items. Pre-order items may take a while for the batch to fill up and ship.. it is what it is. We actually bought a lot of USBs for in stock equipment (what's in stock now), and then Gridseed dropped the price on us $30+ each a day after we ordered. Due to that, we are not going to be carrying much if any in stock equipment in the future, it is too risky for us...

Furthermore I am currently losing $1000 a month offering a hosting service... not even counting the month free hosting. Right after I renewed my lease on the commercial property, a certain company came out with free hosting for a year and killed my business model. I can't afford to lose anymore than that, I barely made all my bills last month I am not honestly sure I will be able to continue to provide the service in the future past this month. If I can't make my bills, then it is what it is. I don't feel like it's fair for me to pay $1000+ a month to run this business considering the time and effort it takes on my end. In this case, I will move all currently hosted equipment to another location and not offer hosting services anymore on future orders. So, don't worry about that it's something that I need to worry about though. Smiley

Tough times indeed, but I am trying to remain positive. I almost shut down the business completely a couple days ago.. I am honestly on the fence of this not being worth my time and/or not being able to afford to run the hosting service. I'm sure a lot of you think I'm making a lot of money or something like that.. but so far I have been lucky to break even (I have lost money through the first 3 weeks of operation.) I don't have any money for advertising or to offer cool promotions like some of my competitors. I think maybe it's time to just shut this thing down for good... but then again I don't like to give up so maybe not. I'm on the fence as I said.

That being said, if a batch fills up fast IE. you would like to purchase 4 blades or 20 USB miners (or more in those increments), then the wait will be significantly reduced and it will be on your door in 3 to 5 days. So far packages have been coming in about 3 or 4 days from China. Furthermore, I can ship directly to you this way so there is no extra wait time like most of the group buy "pre-order" items where I would need to wait for the batch to fill up then have them shipped them to me, then divy them up & ship to everyone that ordered.

Thanks
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:38:16 PM

Hello Gentleman,

We are sorry to say we are shutting down the sales and hosting service for Gridseed ASICs. Unfortunately we are not doing enough business to make this worthwhile. All equipment that is currently hosted will be moved to a new location sometime in the next week. This will unfortunately cause about one or two days worth of down time for all hosted equipment. To make up for this we are extending the free hosting offer for an extra month and furthermore reducing hosting fees to $3 per unit.

We still have some Gridseed accessories for sale in the store and will have sme in stock units until they sell out. Although they aren't in the store yet, we also have dual mining ATX power cables in stock if anyone's interested. Along with Scrypt only ATX power cables, and any other accessory you'd need to run Gridseeds.

Thanks to those of you that supported us by ordering. It is much appreciated, and we apologize we can't continue to provide this service. We will use this thread for hosting news and discussion, along with Gridseed/accessory sales & support. We will likely start back up with different mining equipment at a later date, but for now all ASIC group buys are suspended.

Thanks
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:01:48 AM

What news about hosting? Would you elaborate? The email on your site doesn't work, when sending the mail pings back. You won't even reply to a PM here.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Im checking the coinshift direction and noticing that the hashrate is very low +/- 14500Kh  with a big quantity of rejected , and looking at the charts , there has been some big down spikes. What is happening?
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:46:19 PM

The hash rate is back up but there's been no update. I even emailed CoinHoarder. Anyone else hear from him?
I'd prefer it if we could get more frequent updates on units that we technically own.
Thanks for understanding.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:34:37 PM

Hi,

I apologize I have been absent this week. I am pretty much broke so everything is stressful right now. I have been really stressed out trying to figure out what to do about the warehouse, moving, paying bills, etc.. It is what it is please bear with me for now. If you are unhappy with the service please send me $10 per unit for shipping and I will ship them to you the next day via 2 to 3 day priority mail. Otherwise, I can only do the best that I can do with what I have to work with.

For those of you that are unaware, you can view the easy mode hosted units here: http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

From memory, there are about 70 USB miners hosted in that pool, so you can calculate what you are making buy dividing the income by 70 and multiplying it by how many units you have hosted.

It is true that there has been some down time and I apologize for that. We have been having technical issues with one of the rigs which contains about 25 units. Basically, it was freezing up after about 24 hours. I have placed a cron job to restart the mining process every 4 hours and so far that seems to have done the trick.. we have been running stable at full speed since early this week.

Furthermore, log in for DIY units has once again been postponed due to the fact I'm moving all hosted units into my home. I am hosting other Bitcoin mining ASIC equipment there that does not have the ability by default to be secured. Anyone that can access the network could go to their IP address and enter any pool information they want. This is obviously a big security concern for the equipment I'm already hosting. I am planning on fixing this by switching from the default firmware to a Linux based solution using bfgminer or cgminer, and securing them that way. I have so many things on my to do list, I cannot give a time that this will be available at the moment. Please bear with me- if you are having any issues with your hosted equipment or want to change pools, please call, PM, or Skype me for now.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication this week.. I am usually around and available often I have just been going through some hard times and been very busy. PM my account (CoinHoarder) instead of the smart hashing account to expedite responses, as usually when I check the forums I am logged into my personal account.

Thanks for understanding,

Will
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:19:31 AM

Hello Will , I know these past weeks haven't been good , I understand you and I know the frustation of all this. I don't wanna be the nagging guy that bothers you all the time when the things are down but the hashrate has been really low for the past 8-10 hours, I have checked every 2h +/- , and it has fluctuated between 12-18, maybe the 4h reset thing is not working anymore. Please check it out.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:57:33 AM

Hello, when will be paid the earning from the easy mining mode?
hephaist0s

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

What is going on with this?

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:43:55 PM

Over a week into May and we have yet to receive our payouts for April.
I'm just about ready to ask for my units to be shipped to me.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:00:43 PM

Ugh my "self-managed" miners just went off line today at some point.  Not really self-managed since there was never put into place any VPN access as originally planned so I am in the dark on what is going on.  Has ANYONE heard from smarthashing in the last week?  Month?

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

Ugh my "self-managed" miners just went off line today at some point.  Not really self-managed since there was never put into place any VPN access as originally planned so I am in the dark on what is going on.  Has ANYONE heard from smarthashing in the last week?  Month?

They're all offline right now, according to Coinshift. And I haven't heard jack since two weeks ago. Wtf.
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

No word in his other groupbuys either. Unfortunate.

tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

I was coming to ask about it. Coinhoarder  

Furthermore, log in for DIY units has once again been postponed due to the fact I'm moving all hosted units into my home. I am hosting other Bitcoin mining ASIC equipment there that does not have the ability by default to be secured. Anyone that can access the network could go to their IP address and enter any pool information they want. This is obviously a big security concern for the equipment I'm already hosting. I am planning on fixing this by switching from the default firmware to a Linux based solution using bfgminer or cgminer, and securing them that way. I have so many things on my to do list, I cannot give a time that this will be available at the moment. Please bear with me- if you are having any issues with your hosted equipment or want to change pools, please call, PM, or Skype me for now.

I'm GUESSING he is moving the units to his home , but what makes me mad is THE  LACK OF COMMUNICATION. Is it so hard to post a message saying
"I'm moving the miners"

Apart from this , he has yet to pay the earnings for the hosted units. In his last post he said that he was broke and stressed out, etc. but if you want a business to succeed , you have to take care of your clients , be more vocal. I'm waiting for a answer to all of this very soon. I'm not accusing him of anything , but , with this experience I will think twice to do business with him again, and if the business is not doing great, the least you could do is try to keep your remaining customers happy.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:29:30 PM

I asked for my units to be sent to me. I was hoping I wouldn't have to host them myself, but this downtime and the delays in payouts are ridiculous. I e-mailed him directly and still haven't heard anything. Hash rate still at 0. About the only good sign is the funds have not moved from the mining address.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:18:25 PM

I asked for my units to be sent to me. I was hoping I wouldn't have to host them myself, but this downtime and the delays in payouts are ridiculous. I e-mailed him directly and still haven't heard anything. Hash rate still at 0. About the only good sign is the funds have not moved from the mining address.

Do you have his personal email? or a phone? could you PM me that info? .

We need answers now! it's been more than a day without hashing activity 
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:03:53 PM

This is just getting ridiculous , I have send some PM , personal emails... nothing. I even called today, straight to box , and it is full!!. what happened to this guy? wasn't he a reputable member of this community?.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:15:14 PM

This is just getting ridiculous , I have send some PM , personal emails... nothing. I even called today, straight to box , and it is full!!. what happened to this guy? wasn't he a reputable member of this community?.

I'm pretty pissed too. I don't think he'd selectively scam, but I know he owed someone a bunch of money (see his post history) and who knows what happened with that. Like I said, the only good thing is that the mined coins have not moved from the mining address, so at least we know they're not being spent.

Regardless, this is BS... I want my units that I paid for.
eightcylinders

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:35:26 PM

I'm pretty pissed too. I don't think he'd selectively scam, but I know he owed someone a bunch of money (see his post history) and who knows what happened with that. Like I said, the only good thing is that the mined coins have not moved from the mining address, so at least we know they're not being spent.

Regardless, this is BS... I want my units that I paid for.

I am pretty worried we won't see our units again.   Coinhoarder said he owed money and the fact that the units aren't up and he hasn't responded makes me think that his co-location unit got shut down for non-payment.  If so, we may all be out of luck.  I wish he would at least post here and tell us though.

=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:16:52 AM

Shit, what else we could do? is anybody near his location? or know somebody that knows him? right now we are losing the money/btc we paid for the units + what we made mining. Fuck!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:16:04 AM

Hi,

I apologize I have been absent this week. I am pretty much broke so everything is stressful right now. I have been really stressed out trying to figure out what to do about the warehouse, moving, paying bills, etc.. It is what it is please bear with me for now. If you are unhappy with the service please send me $10 per unit for shipping and I will ship them to you the next day via 2 to 3 day priority mail. Otherwise, I can only do the best that I can do with what I have to work with.

For those of you that are unaware, you can view the easy mode hosted units here: http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

From memory, there are about 70 USB miners hosted in that pool, so you can calculate what you are making buy dividing the income by 70 and multiplying it by how many units you have hosted.

It is true that there has been some down time and I apologize for that. We have been having technical issues with one of the rigs which contains about 25 units. Basically, it was freezing up after about 24 hours. I have placed a cron job to restart the mining process every 4 hours and so far that seems to have done the trick.. we have been running stable at full speed since early this week.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication this week.. I am usually around and available often I have just been going through some hard times and been very busy. PM my account (CoinHoarder) instead of the smart hashing account to expedite responses, as usually when I check the forums I am logged into my personal account.

Thanks for understanding,

Will

Not trolling at all here just calling it how I see it.

Looks like promises have been made and once again were failed to be fulfilled as it appears based on customer posts in this thread.

Based on my previous experience of what I have seen and read of CH, he tends to speak before counting the cost of what he is promising. Supposedly he has a loan to pay off for his coins he made back in 2013 as well as pay the 5 BTC bounty for his Bitcoin design contest. This here is just another instance of where his choices/words have come back to bite him.

I understand no one is perfect, but when I see someone continue to make the same mistakes (in principle) over and over again I tend to stray away from supporting their future endeavors. Not advice in any form or fashion, just my view.

I hope all customers involved in this gets what they are owed in full.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Well this guy still MIA , I have tried all that I could and nothing. I know there were 70 miners in easymining + some more in DIY mode. So there must be more people in this train, is anybody near this guy? how much a PI cost? we could all chip in to pay to someone to track down this guy. We need to do something people. We can let this guy fuck us so easily.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:32:29 PM

I would think there would be at least 5-10 forum users requesting answers to this.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

tnt1980

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:55:43 PM

Yip, I'd like to hear what happened and have the option of having my miner shipped to me if he can't host it.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:53:55 AM

Well this guy still MIA , I have tried all that I could and nothing. I know there were 70 miners in easymining + some more in DIY mode. So there must be more people in this train, is anybody near this guy? how much a PI cost? we could all chip in to pay to someone to track down this guy. We need to do something people. We can let this guy fuck us so easily.

I am not suggesting that you dox him, but I sent you his e-mail address (which has his real name), and when I googled that name and the town he's in... Well, you try it. I'm not one to stalk people so I left it at that. He has 20 of my units, so I'm pretty pissed too, can't believe CH would go rogue after escrowing much higher values in trades in the past.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:42:00 PM

I am not suggesting that you dox him, but I sent you his e-mail address (which has his real name), and when I googled that name and the town he's in... Well, you try it. I'm not one to stalk people so I left it at that. He has 20 of my units, so I'm pretty pissed too, can't believe CH would go rogue after escrowing much higher values in trades in the past.

Hi, I forgot to thank you for the info, I have made a little check on the guy as well. I don't like  to be stalking people either , but I rather stalk than been laugh at, I chose him because he has a background in the community, he hosted other group buys with no problems. So I don't know what happened to him, but I'm sure of one thing I'm not going to let it slide. The thing is I'm not in the US and it is very difficult for me to track him down. But what do you propose for a course of action? we have been hash-less for 10 days, and the earnings have not been paid.

I hope nothing bad has happened to the guy but we need to know whats going on.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:44:00 PM

I'm not part of this group buy, but have been in his previous GBs.

I don't have any specific info, but I recall from a previous post that he had been dealing with health issues a while back. I'm hoping he's okay. A quick search using his publicly available 'real' name shows no obituaries.

I still believe CH to be an honest and dedicated member of this community, that is why I hope everything is okay.

TJ
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:59:43 PM

I don't have any specific info, but I recall from a previous post that he had been dealing with health issues a while back. I'm hoping he's okay. A quick search using his publicly available 'real' name shows no obituaries.

I still believe CH to be an honest and dedicated member of this community, that is why I hope everything is okay.

TJ

I disagree. When CH says one thing and does another, that is considered dishonest.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:44:11 PM

TJ

I also disagree. Health issues are not an excuse this late into the game, and if he knew the severity of his health issues, he shouldn't have started his hosting endeavor to begin with.

@tekke, I also don't live in Murica, so I can't really help out there. Our hands are pretty much tied. This is pretty much how I felt when Yifu owed me 75 BTC for a refunded Avalon and I didn't get that refund for 5 months.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:42:33 AM

CoinHoarder:

Last Active:   May 29, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

Where the fuck is this guy?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:03:13 AM

CoinHoarder:

Last Active:   May 29, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

Where the fuck is this guy?

So he is lurking...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:37:10 PM

So he is lurking...

Well now we know he is not dead
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:11:41 PM

Probably has no good news and doesn't want feel the wrath of 10-15 angry investors whose money was more or less stolen.

How fucking hard is it to throw some units into boxes and send them out to their rightful owners.... jfc, incompetence...
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:23:30 PM

Hi,

First of all I am sorry for my absence. I have been avoiding telling this embarrassing and personal story. My life is in complete disarray. I lost my job, am being evicted from my duplex and the commercial property I rent. I have been really stressed out and depressed about everything and have had a tough time with it. This is why I have been away.

The power was shut off at the hosting facility and I was looking for a place to host the equipment. Unfortunately I am moving in with a family member and there is not space for the mining equipment there. I am already hosting other Bitcoin mining hardware and the washer/dryer hookups in the place I'm moving into are in a garage and it gets real hot here- so that's out of the question.

I haven't touched any coins that were mined and your hardware is in my possession. I would like to ship your hardware to you. If you absolutely cannot host your equipment, then I may be able to host a small amount of equipment. Please get in contact with me with your shipping information. I literally have $200 to my name, I will need you to pay for shipping. This can be done via Paypal so you can charge back if you are worried about getting scammed.

I am truly sorry for what has happened. As always, I had the best intentions things just went south really fast and there wasn't much I could do about it. Again, I am sorry for my absence there is really no excuse for it. I should have came here and told you guys what was going on immediately so that it could be fixed. I am sorry you guys have missed out on mining time. I hope that providing free accessories will help you out, its the least I can do. Please arrange shipping through my personal email. Things are crazy, but I promise to get back to you within 24 hours. The email is WillconnatserEIGHTYSEVEN@gmail.com (change eightyseven to the numbers 87).

PS: Smoothie - I hate to be unprofessional even more, especially in light of the past couple weeks and the people that have been wondering what's happening with their equipment, but Smoothie seriously you spare no effort to kick me when I'm down. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop stalking me, it is getting creepy. I know you like to throw a jab at me whenever possible, but seriously fuck off. It looks bad on your part seeing as though you are a competitor in a competing side business (physical litecoins.) Ever since I announced I was going to make my physical Litecoin you always find a way to publicly criticize me in some way. Most people that have followed physical litecoins know the history in between you and me, some of them have probably read the flame wars, and realize how you are biased in your opinion about me or should I say how you wish others to perceive me. I strive to deliver what I say I will and I have all intentions of doing what I say I will do. Unfortunately things don't always work out the way you plan.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:26:07 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 01:55:40 AM by smoothie

Hi,

First of all I am sorry for my absence. I have been avoiding telling this embarrassing and personal story. My life is in complete disarray. I lost my job, am being evicted from my duplex and the commercial property I rent. I have been really stressed out and depressed about everything and have had a tough time with it. This is why I have been away.

The power was shut off at the hosting facility and I was looking for a place to host the equipment. Unfortunately I am moving in with a family member and there is not space for the mining equipment there. I am already hosting other Bitcoin mining hardware and the washer/dryer hookups in the place I'm moving into are in a garage and it gets real hot here- so that's out of the question.

I haven't touched any coins that were mined and your hardware is in my possession. I would like to ship your hardware to you. If you absolutely cannot host your equipment, then I may be able to host a small amount of equipment. Please get in contact with me with your shipping information. I literally have $200 to my name, I will need you to pay for shipping. This can be done via Paypal so you can charge back if you are worried about getting scammed.

I am truly sorry for what has happened. As always, I had the best intentions things just went south really fast and there wasn't much I could do about it. Again, I am sorry for my absence there is really no excuse for it. I should have came here and told you guys what was going on immediately so that it could be fixed. I am sorry you guys have missed out on mining time. I hope that providing free accessories will help you out, its the least I can do. Please arrange shipping through my personal email. Things are crazy, but I promise to get back to you within 24 hours. The email is WillconnatserEIGHTYSEVEN@gmail.com (change eightyseven to the numbers 87).

PS: Smoothie - I hate to be unprofessional even more, especially in light of the past couple weeks and the people that have been wondering what's happening with their equipment, but Smoothie seriously you spare no effort to kick me when I'm down. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop stalking me, it is getting creepy. I know you like to throw a jab at me whenever possible, but seriously fuck off. It looks bad on your part seeing as though you are a competitor in a competing side business (physical litecoins.) Ever since I announced I was going to make my physical Litecoin you always find a way to publicly criticize me in some way. Most people that have followed physical litecoins know the history in between you and me, some of them have probably read the flame wars, and realize how you are biased in your opinion about me or should I say how you wish others to perceive me. I strive to deliver what I say I will and I have all intentions of doing what I say I will do. Unfortunately things don't always work out the way you plan.

Calling it as I see it is not kicking you when you are down.

Ask all of your customers here in this thread. I just called it as it was.

Although you may feel I am "stalking" you, that couldn't be further than the truth. This is a public forum. If you want privacy you can always go elsewhere to have your discussions.

You basically left your customers hanging by your actions and your own admission. Not cool. Lost mining time is irreplaceable unless you give them faster hardware to replace that lost mining time.

As far as being a competitor by your own words you are no longer going to be supporting litecoin or making physical litecoins per your post here:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=1940.msg157795#msg157795

Hi all,

Due to a conflict of interest I will no longer be making physical Litecoins and am abandoning my plans to make future editions of physical Litecoins. I am planning on continuing this venture, but I will no longer be minting physical Litecoins.. it will be for other cryptocoins. The main reason for this is that I have lost all interest in Litecoin and no longer see it as a good investment. It has taken me a while to get to this point and there is really no one reason in particular, but a few things stand out above the rest. I brought up some ideas to the community and the Litecoin developers about building a protocol on top of Litecoin, and was largely ignored and patronized. There is a very dangerously lethargic mindset that seems to be a common way of thinking that exists in Litecoiner's heads, or at least the ones that visit these forums. I think sitting at number 2 atop of the cryptocoin leader board has gone to most of their heads and most of them think (I actually saw someone type this today) that Litecoin is too big to fail.

The idea that all Litecoin needs to do is promote itself and doesn't need to innovate and add new features is deeply flawed. While Litecoiners are too busy worried about promoting themselves, other cryptocoins are developing massive innovations that will rock the foundation of cryptocoins as we know them today. While Litecoin sits back and makes mostly insignificant improvements along with security updates, there are some new players in the industry that are doing really amazing things that add true intrinsic value to the cryptocoin space. Simply put, a faster block speed (which is basically the only useful thing about Litecoin) is starting to look less like a good selling point and more like every other copy cat coin in existence.

When I got involved with Litecoin almost two years ago, I was certain it would become more popular and valuable as a safe haven for GPU miners, and I was proven to be correct. However that effect has come and gone with ASICs being released this year and the GPU miners are jumping ship to other coins. There is really no reason or use for Litecoin anymore, and I can no longer say that I am certain it will grow in popularity and value. Other coins have fairer launches now and other coins have faster or similar block speeds. There is nothing that sets Litecoin apart from the other ALT coins as being a sure bet any more, and I am very worried for its future. Especially with the current development team that doesn't see innovation as being important, along with the community that shares that sentiment. It is for these reasons I will no longer support Litecoin. I have thought very hard and long about this and I feel bad about doing this, however I cannot support what I don't believe in... that's just not me.

Thanks for the few people that supported my endeavors here with CryptoVest, it will always be appreciated. Thanks to those of you that I had very good conversations with over the years on these forums. Thanks to Litecoin for helping me get my feet wet in the cryptocoin space, and coincidentally helping me meet new friends that I will have for the rest of my life I'm sure. Feel free to contact me through Bitcointalk or my personal email willconnatser007@gmail.com  -> Replace 007 with 87 though

I am very excited about the future of cryptos and I will stay heavily involved with the cryptocoin community as I have in the past, but I will no longer spend most of my time and energy on Litecoin.  

Thanks again to you all and take care,

Will

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:32:02 AM

Coinhoarder:

I actually backed you up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616501.0

I believe I was very fair in my assertion about you and did not make any personal attacks. As I said before, called it how I seen it.

If you can't handle the truth, that's not my problem.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

hephaist0s

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:06:28 PM

This is a wretched development. I am truly sorry for your troubles. Thank you for coming back to try to fix things.

ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:45:05 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 05:18:13 PM by ftping

Has anyone received their units from CH?

I've been in contact with him but he's pretty spotty.

First, I suggested paying for shipping using the Bitcoins my units already mined. He said it would take 4-6 days to convert those to USD, so he'd rather go with Paypal.  Huh < MRW when I remember that Paypal also has a holding period??

Anyway, I sent payment. That was a week ago. No e-mail confirming they've shipped, no tracking details.

Just put a paypal claim in. What was the point of even using it if he could have already shipped these units with the same Bitcoins they mined?

I pretty much have given up, and don't ever expect to receive my units.
eightcylinders

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:23:37 PM

Has anyone received their units from CH?

I've been in contact with him but he's pretty spotty.

First, I suggested paying for shipping using the Bitcoins my units already mined. He said it would take 4-6 days to convert those to USD, so he'd rather go with Paypal.  Huh < MRW when I remember that Paypal also has a holding period??

Anyway, I sent payment. That was a week ago. No e-mail confirming they've shipped, no tracking details.

Just put a paypal claim in. What was the point of even using it if he could have already shipped these units with the same Bitcoins they mined?

I pretty much have given up, and don't ever expect to receive my units.

I emailed him with my address, but have not heard back from him at all not even with request for shipping fee.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 10:21:01 PM by CoinHoarder

The first people that contacted me and paid, your stuff is on its way as of today. Sorry about the delay.. life is crazy right now. I will write some assembly instructions and post them here. Make sure to read them.. I had a customer brick his units by plugging in 5v power into the Gridseeds.

- If you have emailed me and not heard back from me, you will hear from me today.

- If you emailed me and don't want your stuff shipped back and want it hosted. I will have your things back up and running within the end of the week. I apologize for delay.. I'm still moving.

- If you opened a Paypal dispute, I cannot send your stuff to you I apologize. I literally have $0 in my pocket and my bank account is negative, I cannot cover your shipping. When you open a dispute, Paypal freezes the money. Email me to work something out.

I am giving you guys all accessories at no costs, and 1 special edition physical litecoin (worth ~$15 each unloaded on Ebay) per Gridseed you ordered (until supplies last I am not sure I have enough to do 1-1 for everyone.) I have these left over from people that didn't pay for them after the auctions. This is the only way I can somewhat make up for this as I have no coins or cash. I hope you appreciate it... as I have definitely lost a lot of time and money in this as well. I wasn't making much of anything selling these Gridseeds as it was- hosted units I literally made nothing after paying for accessories and was planning on making money from hosting fees. That obviously never happened.

I am going to take a long hiatus from the cryptocoin community after this is cleared up. I will not continue any businesses I have started, I need to eliminate stress as much as possible from my life. I admit I am young (27) and still have a lot to learn. I have made some mistakes and I am sorry about that. I wish things would have gone better, but it most of it was out of my control. I literally do not know how I am going to eat tonight. I am now living with my sister, first night here she's like "I'm seeing this guy and he's gonna stay the night tonight." I'm thinking to myself... fuck my life. I told someone in email, but since I delayed even more I will explain it to you publicly. I have been having problems with depression the past 6 months or so. It has been hard for me to live a normal life, it is why I lost my job. I have suffered with depression off and on my whole life, but lately I have been the worst I've ever been. I would totally kill myself right now if I didn't have a family that would be devastated. I can't do that to them... I need to learn to be strong and teach myself how to be happy again. I have been going through some really tough times, all I am asking for is a little understanding.

Please just have patience and this whole thing will be fixed shortly. I am still moving.. no A/C at my old place or the warehouse in 90+ degree weather... by myself. This is why I have been slow to respond and send everything back. I will try to make an effort to be better about responding etc so we can get this cleared up once and for all.

Thanks.
TheJuice

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:00:36 AM

Hey ch,  can you head over to the private forms and come up with a closing plan for your previous gbs! Thx bud.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:36:56 PM

The first people that contacted me and paid, your stuff is on its way as of today. Sorry about the delay.. life is crazy right now. I will write some assembly instructions and post them here. Make sure to read them.. I had a customer brick his units by plugging in 5v power into the Gridseeds.

- If you have emailed me and not heard back from me, you will hear from me today.

- If you emailed me and don't want your stuff shipped back and want it hosted. I will have your things back up and running within the end of the week. I apologize for delay.. I'm still moving.

- If you opened a Paypal dispute, I cannot send your stuff to you I apologize. I literally have $0 in my pocket and my bank account is negative, I cannot cover your shipping. When you open a dispute, Paypal freezes the money. Email me to work something out.

I am giving you guys all accessories at no costs, and 1 special edition physical litecoin (worth ~$15 each unloaded on Ebay) per Gridseed you ordered (until supplies last I am not sure I have enough to do 1-1 for everyone.) I have these left over from people that didn't pay for them after the auctions. This is the only way I can somewhat make up for this as I have no coins or cash. I hope you appreciate it... as I have definitely lost a lot of time and money in this as well. I wasn't making much of anything selling these Gridseeds as it was- hosted units I literally made nothing after paying for accessories and was planning on making money from hosting fees. That obviously never happened.

I am going to take a long hiatus from the cryptocoin community after this is cleared up. I will not continue any businesses I have started, I need to eliminate stress as much as possible from my life. I admit I am young (27) and still have a lot to learn. I have made some mistakes and I am sorry about that. I wish things would have gone better, but it most of it was out of my control. I literally do not know how I am going to eat tonight. I am now living with my sister, first night here she's like "I'm seeing this guy and he's gonna stay the night tonight." I'm thinking to myself... fuck my life. I told someone in email, but since I delayed even more I will explain it to you publicly. I have been having problems with depression the past 6 months or so. It has been hard for me to live a normal life, it is why I lost my job. I have suffered with depression off and on my whole life, but lately I have been the worst I've ever been. I would totally kill myself right now if I didn't have a family that would be devastated. I can't do that to them... I need to learn to be strong and teach myself how to be happy again. I have been going through some really tough times, all I am asking for is a little understanding.

Please just have patience and this whole thing will be fixed shortly. I am still moving.. no A/C at my old place or the warehouse in 90+ degree weather... by myself. This is why I have been slow to respond and send everything back. I will try to make an effort to be better about responding etc so we can get this cleared up once and for all.

Thanks.

Since you are going to take a hiatus I figured I would ask if plan to tie up all loose ends including this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289668.0

It has been 9 months and counting. Just asking.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:13:57 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 03:34:58 AM by CoinHoarder

Since you are going to take a hiatus I figured I would ask if plan to tie up all loose ends including this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289668.0

It seems Smoothie's life mission is to ruin my reputation. I think I am doing an OK job of that on my own Smoothie, I don't need your help. Tongue

GFY
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:28:57 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 02:56:10 PM by CoinHoarder

The first hardware shipments should be delivered, I need to give some assembly instructions...

THE POWER CABLES PROVIDED ARE FOR SCRYPT MODE ONLY
- You could start a fire, very important.

1. Plug in the USB cables into the Gridseeds. I recommend doing this first as it's a tight fit. IT may seem like you're going to break something.. don't worry about it, after plugging in 70+ I didnt have anything break. You can shave off a little bit of the USB connector with a Dremel if you insist on a better fit. All I did was insert them at a bit of an angle and push them down.

2. Plug in the Gridseeds to the USB hubs. IMPORTANT: If you need more than one USB hub, the 2nd hub (and 3rd if needed) must be plugged into the first hub. Do not try to daisy chain them, it will not work.

3. Plug in the power to the Gridseeds and USB Hubs. IMPORTANT: If you see a red wire, that barrel plug has 5v power on it which is for USB hubs ONLY. The barrel plugs with yellow wires can be used for Gridseeds. DO NOT confuse the two, red must go to only USB hubs (you can rig it to power the Pi as well), yellow must go to Gridseeds. You can fry your Gridseeds or hubs by doing this.

4. Put the SD card in the Pi, then plug in the 1st USB hub to the Pi (the USB coming out of the back of the hub).

5. Check all connections... make sure the Gridseed fans are spinning and the USB hubs are on. Then plug the power cable for the Pi into a powered USB slot.

6. Log into your router and find the IP address of the Pi.

7. Point your web browser to the IP address and on the left click update to see if any firmware updates are available.

8. Enter your pool information and click "save and restart mining process" (or something like that.. can't remember the exact words).

9. You should be up and running. If you are having stability problems, in the settings you can set it so it restarts the mining process at a set interval. This should solve your stability problems.
hephaist0s

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:02:51 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 04:14:46 AM by hephaist0s

I received all my units from CoinHoarder on Thursday, and they've been up and hashing since. Plus, he included a Raspberry Pi, SD card, USB hub, USB cables and power adapter cables which are very handy!

It's unfortunate that this had to play out this way, but I greatly appreciate this resolution.

edit: I forgot the cryptovest coins, I received those as well and they are very cool.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:14:14 AM

It seems Smoothie's life mission is to ruin my reputation. I think I am doing an OK job of that on my own Smoothie, I don't need your help. Tongue

GFY

1. You mad bro?

2. It was just a question. No need to get in a hissy fit.

3. Concerning your acronym, no thanks. I do not swing that way. But Goat might take you up on that offer since he offered the same thing to me just the other week.  Grin Grin Grin

4. So can you answer the question like a legitimate forum user or will you just keep dodging the issue?

5. Nice try to make me out to be the one who is in the wrong here. Clearly all I've done is call things as I've seen it. All you have done in response is to whine and cry wolf that I am stalking you and attacking you. You and goat sure appear to have similar traits. You aren't related are you? Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:51:27 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 06:18:46 PM by CoinHoarder

GFY

1. You mad bro?

3. Concerning your acronym, no thanks. I do not swing that way. But Goat might take you up on that offer since he offered the same thing to me just the other week.  Grin Grin Grin

4. So can you answer the question like a legitimate forum user or will you just keep dodging the issue?

5. Nice try to make me out to be the one who is in the wrong here. Clearly all I've done is call things as I've seen it. All you have done in response is to whine and cry wolf that I am stalking you and attacking you. You and goat sure appear to have similar traits. You aren't related are you? Tongue

Grow up Smoothie, aren't you like 30+ years old? This is ridiculous... As I've said 10 times now (maybe more)- I will pay off the loan and bounty as soon as I am able. I didn't feel the need to repeat myself, especially to you. I am broke and in debt to a couple people in this community. If I had money to pay them then I would, but I cannot. You bothering me about it all the time doesn't change anything- just because you make a post on here (and in at least 5 other threads over 2 forums in the past month or so) doesn't magically grant me the ability to shit money out of my ass. Maybe you don't understand... I am sure you are pretty well off from you crypto investments and selling overpriced coins, unfortunately I cannot say the same for myself. I couldn't go out to eat if I wanted.. all my money is in groceries in fridge or in my possessions, most of which I am selling to get back on my feet.

I am a freaking broken depressed individual right about now and things have not been going well. So what do you do? You go around and rub it in my face all over. That is just a very mean spirited thing to do and I am sure you have no heart. You are not even directly involved and have NEVER supported or purchased anything from me- EVER. You make it seem like you're some white knight rescuing the helpless from a terrible tyrant, when in actuality your actions and what you say about me stem from some kind of hatred you have for me. Why should you give a shit about all of this? Were you affected by any of it? NO... I know you're going to come back with some bullshit like "because I really care about people getting scammed" or something, but you and I both know this is personal for you. Otherwise you would be posting in one of the other million scammer threads and trying to help those people out. Yet, you only come here and harass me. I think part of your hatred from me stems from me pointing out that you are making a killing on your coins, and now it has been exemplified now that I came out that I no longer support Litecoin. Just please admit these are the true reasons why you harrass me, it is quite obvious although you try your best to hide your true reasons.

I have now ignored you, I should of done it about 2 years ago. Good day.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:06:22 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 12:57:51 AM by smoothie

Thanks.

GFY

1. You mad bro?

Grow up Smoothie, aren't you like 30+ years old? This is ridiculous... As I've said 10 times now (maybe more)- I will pay off the loan and bounty as soon as I am able. I didn't feel the need to repeat myself, especially to you. I am broke and in debt to a couple people in this community. If I had money to pay them then I would, but I cannot. You bothering me about it all the time doesn't change anything- just because you make a post on here (and in at least 5 other threads over 2 forums in the past month or so) doesn't magically grant me the ability to shit money out of my ass. Maybe you don't understand... I am sure you are pretty well off from you crypto investments and selling overpriced coins, unfortunately I cannot say the same for myself. I couldn't go out to eat if I wanted.. all my money is in groceries in fridge or in my possessions, most of which I am selling to get back on my feet.

I am a freaking broken depressed individual right about now and things have not been going well. So what do you do? You go around and rub it in my face all over. That is just a very mean spirited thing to do and I am sure you have no heart. You are not even directly involved and have NEVER supported or purchased anything from me- EVER. You make it seem like you're some white knight rescuing the helpless from a terrible tyrant, when in actuality your actions and what you say about me stem from some kind of hatred you have for me. Why should you give a shit about all of this? Were you affected by any of it? NO... I know you're going to come back with some bullshit like "because I really care about people getting scammed" or something, but you and I both know this is personal for you. Otherwise you would be posting in one of the other million scammer threads and trying to help those people out. Yet, you only come here and harass me. I think part of your hatred from me stems from me pointing out that you are making a killing on your coins, and now it has been exemplified now that I came out that I no longer support Litecoin. Just please admit these are the true reasons why you harrass me, it is quite obvious although you try your best to hide your true reasons.

I have now ignored you, I should of done it about 2 years ago. Good day.

Okay thanks for clearing that up. You are not going to pay out the bounty anytime soon. Time will tell if it ever gets done.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:15:00 PM

Why haven't you sold the coins I asked you to yet to pay for shipping to me....?

Alternatively, send me the coins that my units mined, I'll sell them myself, and then pay you with that.

The address is still showing the same balance https://blockchain.info/address/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR

ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:26:13 PM

CH,

If you're going to lurk, at least give me an update on what's going on with my 20 units. It's sort of rude to come on when you see a new post asking for information, read the post, and then log off.

What do you need me to do to get these shipped?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:49:09 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 09:59:45 PM by CoinHoarder

ftpking,

You are right I should of responded this morning I apologize. I actually had someone to help me move today, so I needed to take advantage of the help while I had it. It is for that reason I wouldn't of been able to do anything until this evening anyways, so I didn't feel the urgent need to respond I guess.

I agree I have taken a ridiculously long amount of time to pay out the mining earnings, and I apologize for that. I got a lot done today as far as moving (I have to be out by Friday), so I have tonight and at least tomorrow morning and afternoon to tend to my group buys. I really wish you would have just sent me the Paypal like I suggested and not done a charge back on me. I think you would have already received your equipment. I think maybe it was a blessing in disguise though, because I realized due to the amount of equipment you have I need to split it up into two boxes and shipping will be more than I thought and I have no money to cover it. I will find out exactly the cost tonight and I will email you about it.

Some things I plan on getting done this evening and tomorrow:
1. Make past due payments for mining income for all of my group buys.
2. Get the equipment that I am still hosting up and running (mainly for other group buys and only Gridseed customers that can't host their units). This has been challenging for me because the place I am moving into the dryer socket is in a 100 degree shed outside, so I can't use it to power all of the equipment. I am having to find people to host them for me as a temporary solution. A more permanent solution will need to be figured out though, because I can't expect my family to host these things forever due to the noise, heat, electricity, etc.. I didn't mind all of that, but I know most people would hate for their home to sound like a jet engine 24x7. I don't really have a good solution yet but something will need to be figured out.
3. Update the private forums for the other group buys.

Sorry again,

Will
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:20:27 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 04:33:58 AM by CoinHoarder

If your name is Jesus or Nathan, I have not received a Bitcoin address from you (that I can find at least).

So I can go ahead and send out the payment in a second, I have generated an address for you guys and will hold the BTC there until I hear from you.

I have also emailed you both.

The payment will be going out soon.. I am just waiting on the block chain to catch up. Still 6 weeks behind, so it may take a bit.

EDIT: It has been sent, sorry it took so long. The change from Bitcoind to Bitcoin Core messed up my payment commands because it was installed in a different folder. Furthermore I had a silly error in the command that took me forever to find. 6 hours later... it is paid. I apologize that everything else on the to do list will need to wait until tomorrow since this took so long. Thanks for understanding.
TheJuice

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:05:06 PM

If your name is Jesus or Nathan, I have not received a Bitcoin address from you (that I can find at least).

So I can go ahead and send out the payment in a second, I have generated an address for you guys and will hold the BTC there until I hear from you.

The payment will be going out soon.. I am just waiting on the block chain to catch up. Still 6 weeks behind, so it may take a bit.

EDIT: It has been sent, sorry it took so long. The change from Bitcoind to Bitcoin Core messed up my payment commands because it was installed in a different folder. Furthermore I had a silly error in the command that took me forever to find. 6 hours later... it is paid. I apologize that everything else on the to do list will need to wait until tomorrow since this took so long. Thanks for understanding.

Great to see you are making amends. I wait for the day when your debts are settles and you can return to helping out the community.
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:34:26 PM

Great to see you are making amends. I wait for the day when your debts are settles and you can return to helping out the community.

+1

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:03:03 AM

Thank you guys, I appreciate that. I met some of the best friends I have in the crypto world by doing my first Avalon group buy.

I can't explain how awesome it is that I have gained friends like this through that venture. I honestly was not expecting it, but it is an added bonus.

Your support and understanding through this troubling time has really meant a lot to me, and I appreciate it very much!

Cheers
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:52:49 AM

Our forums seem to be offline at the moment. I would like to give an update on the diversified and avalon group buy here.

The rigs in the diversified group buy were hashing longer than the Gridseed ones, as they were hosted at my home and the power wasn't switched off until about a week and a half later than at the warehouse. I have since got the HashFast Baby Jet up and running since Monday evening, and the KNC Jupiter has been hashing since Tuesday evening. Those are the two most stable rigs, so I thought it important to get those back up and running first.

This leaves the Bitfury rigs left to setup, I think I will have them going by tonight or tommorow. It is kind of tricky finding places in the home to setup all of this stuff considering I have to run them on normal 120v outlets. I have my bedroom and the living room maxed out power-wise, and am planning on setting up the Bitfuries in the dining room. I need to be careful about where I set things up, as my sister has 3 dogs and I have one as well.. the house is pretty crazy. Luckily the living room has a door on it, so I can shut them out of there so they can't mess with anything. I am going to get a table for the dining room so the Bitfurys are out of their reach.

I can settle up the Avalon group buy account by the end of the week. I have to be out of my duplex by Friday, so the next 2 days are going to be insanely busy. I think I will have most of the weekend to work on this, as well as paying past due payments for the diversified group buy. Since the forums are down, I cant log on to see if anyone wanted to change their BTC address for payments. So, I think it is best I wait until they come back up so I don't send a payment to someone's old address they don't have access to anymore.

I still have a few people that haven't contacted me as to what they want to do with their Gridseeds, I suppose if I don't hear from them by the end of the week I will get those up and running in the meantime until I hear from these people. I will also be sending out emails to everyone I have not heard from this weekend.

Everything is slowly but surely being worked out, thanks for your patience.
TheJuice

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:19:54 AM

Our forums seem to be offline at the moment. I would like to give an update on the diversified and avalon group buy here.

The rigs in the diversified group buy were hashing longer than the Gridseed ones, as they were hosted at my home and the power wasn't switched off until about a week and a half later than at the warehouse. I have since got the HashFast Baby Jet up and running since Monday evening, and the KNC Jupiter has been hashing since Tuesday evening. Those are the two most stable rigs, so I thought it important to get those back up and running first.

This leaves the Bitfury rigs left to setup, I think I will have them going by tonight or tommorow. It is kind of tricky finding places in the home to setup all of this stuff considering I have to run them on normal 120v outlets. I have my bedroom and the living room maxed out power-wise, and am planning on setting up the Bitfuries in the dining room. I need to be careful about where I set things up, as my sister has 3 dogs and I have one as well.. the house is pretty crazy. Luckily the living room has a door on it, so I can shut them out of there so they can't mess with anything. I am going to get a table for the dining room so the Bitfurys are out of their reach.

I can settle up the Avalon group buy account by the end of the week. I have to be out of my duplex by Friday, so the next 2 days are going to be insanely busy. I think I will have most of the weekend to work on this, as well as paying past due payments for the diversified group buy. Since the forums are down, I cant log on to see if anyone wanted to change their BTC address for payments. So, I think it is best I wait until they come back up so I don't send a payment to someone's old address they don't have access to anymore.

I still have a few people that haven't contacted me as to what they want to do with their Gridseeds, I suppose if I don't hear from them by the end of the week I will get those up and running in the meantime until I hear from these people. I will also be sending out emails to everyone I have not heard from this weekend.

Thanks for the update. It seems everything is back working at the forums now: http://www.yourcoins.org/forums/

Stay strong.
eightcylinders

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:50:12 AM

FYI I sent you an email but never did get a response.  Maybe PM me here.  I have 20 gridseeds that were self-managed... would prefer you host them, but will take them back if you can't.  If you want to send them back, I would be willing to buy from you whatever you have them mounted in/on for a reasonable price.  Would be much easier for you and me to just send them in the mounting frame versus taking them out and then having me have to put them into a frame ...

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:27:42 AM

FYI I sent you an email but never did get a response.  Maybe PM me here.  I have 20 gridseeds that were self-managed... would prefer you host them, but will take them back if you can't.  If you want to send them back, I would be willing to buy from you whatever you have them mounted in/on for a reasonable price.  Would be much easier for you and me to just send them in the mounting frame versus taking them out and then having me have to put them into a frame ...

You have a PM, sorry about that.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:53:48 PM

An update... I received the box of accessories a few days ago, so thanks for that, Will, and for the Cryptovest physical Litecoins, of course.

The mining hardware itself is stuck at Canada Customs and they're taking their sweet time getting to it. No surprise there. They cleared the accessories within a day, but the miners, for some reason, have been there 3 days already. Oh well. I'll keep waiting and I'll post a pic once my farm is finally setup.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:03:21 AM

An update... I received the box of accessories a few days ago, so thanks for that, Will, and for the Cryptovest physical Litecoins, of course.

The mining hardware itself is stuck at Canada Customs and they're taking their sweet time getting to it. No surprise there. They cleared the accessories within a day, but the miners, for some reason, have been there 3 days already. Oh well. I'll keep waiting and I'll post a pic once my farm is finally setup.

I'm glad you got the accessories in, I hope customs clears that up for you fast. If you need me to do anything let me know.
tnt1980

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:01:09 PM

Thank you Will  Wink
The package has arrived in South Africa!
Thank you for the extra goodies!!!!
I hope that things go better in the future for you. I can totally understand that things don't always work out as planned.
The difference between people though is how they deal with it.
Thank you for being a standup guy and getting things sorted out and not just going off the grid.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

According to tracking (it was actually tracked somehow, btw), the Gridseeds were finally delivered today!
I'll be hooking them up tonight. Can't wait to get mining.  Grin
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:17:28 AM

Thank you Will  Wink
The package has arrived in South Africa!
Thank you for the extra goodies!!!!
I hope that things go better in the future for you. I can totally understand that things don't always work out as planned.
The difference between people though is how they deal with it.
Thank you for being a standup guy and getting things sorted out and not just going off the grid.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad your things made it to SA. I actually just emailed you today asking if everything had arrived OK.. I didn't know you had posted here, so I suppose you can disregard that email. Take care

According to tracking (it was actually tracked somehow, btw), the Gridseeds were finally delivered today!
I'll be hooking them up tonight. Can't wait to get mining.  Grin

I hope everything went OK.. please let me know if not. Since I've moved a couple times I am finding some of the Gridseeds died in the move. The only reason I can think of is that it gets really hot here and being in a hot car for a bit has killed some unfortunately. Hopefully all your units were OK though.. take care.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:22:51 AM

I have recently moved again (on Friday). If you still have units that were being hosted with me, please get a hold of me via PM here or through email. Unfortunately I can no longer host the hardware... I have moved in with my mom and I don't think she wants to have mining hardware running all over the house. Actually, I have a feeling she wouldn't mind.. she would cut off her arm for me, but I hate to burden her with it. She is already doing a lot by letting me live with her for a while.

I still have not heard from some people... even since I moved out of the commercial space. I'm not really sure what I should do about that. I am thinking of liquidating all hardware that is left over, and then if I hear from those people eventually.. I can transfer them the proceeds of the sale. If you haven't got in contact with me yet, please do so.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: