Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile wallet is more important  (Read 759 times)
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 05:37:21 PM

It's becoming a frustrating issue when new project you have interest in have no mobile wallet, for over a year and half now I've waited for a project to built their mobile wallet but nothing so far, what are developers thinking? We are in an era where by mobility is the best choice for most people, who still sits in from on a computer just to send coins ? You also have to keep syncing the coin blockchain too to stay updated.

Don't blame people for not investing when you aren't making things easier for them, mobile users are much more than PC users, dear developers start considering mobile wallet pls
For me, mobile wallets only provide comfort and convenience in transactions. Not the most important thing. projects that provide service to mobile wallets are great, but I rarely use mobile wallets, so, if a project does not provide mobile wallet services it doesn't matter to me.
cryptodash4

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 05:45:22 PM

in my oppinion there is no need of every type of mobile app becouse there are lots of other web portal to overcome such problem.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:03:47 PM

It's becoming a frustrating issue when new project you have interest in have no mobile wallet, for over a year and half now I've waited for a project to built their mobile wallet but nothing so far, what are developers thinking? We are in an era where by mobility is the best choice for most people, who still sits in from on a computer just to send coins ? You also have to keep syncing the coin blockchain too to stay updated.

Don't blame people for not investing when you aren't making things easier for them, mobile users are much more than PC users, dear developers start considering mobile wallet pls
I agree that it is important but if we really want to use them we could be the one to adjust.
If they have a website that could be used as a wallet then we could use it with our mobile phones.
What would happen if every crypto would create their own mobile wallet would you download it all?
And besides mobile wallet isn't so secured at all.

cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 06:08:10 PM

I agree that it is important but if we really want to use them we could be the one to adjust.
If they have a website that could be used as a wallet then we could use it with our mobile phones.
What would happen if every crypto would create their own mobile wallet would you download it all?
And besides mobile wallet isn't so secured at all.

You can just have one wallet where all tokens can be stored there. Many of them actually works this way like Trustwallet where you can store BNB, BTC, ETH and just about anything that is there. You can also put all your coins on coinomi and tokenpocket as most of the coins can be sent on these wallets as long as you create a wallet on it. You don't need to download all, the tokens created today may soon be stored in one wallet. Just make sure you still have the password and privatekey saved.

sort_cirkit

Activity: 368
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 06:10:39 PM

Note that mobile wallet is used in small transactions and it also has its limitations. It can be easily stolen or broken from the hand. This increases the chances of losing the wallet. It can be easily hacked. As a result, it is not safe to keep a large number of coins or USD.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:11:33 PM

Hardware wallet is the best, but if you can't afford it, you can use Electrum Wallet. Electrum is an open source wallet and it's completely free, like your own bank. Never hold on to Coinbase or any other exchange. This is very risky. Electrum wallet is best after hardware wallet.

No doubt about bitcoin mobile wallets, but he was talking about wallet for new projects, even there are plenty of projects that have been operating for year's but don't have any official mobile wallets available for smartphone. I have only 3 mobile wallets for different coins and it really makes it easier to transact.
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:17:00 PM

Even though the mobile wallet provides the ease in the sense of portability, with the multiple authentications such as email, SMS, Google Authenticator, etc., it won't be easy to perform transactions. Also when it comes for big transactions, most of the people prefer desktops or laptops as that is more user-friendly than mobiles.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Renampun

Activity: 2310
Merit: 362

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 06:25:35 PM

for listing on global private wallets such as Atomic, Coinomi or others need extra fees...
It seems that developers who are serious about their project will definitely work with a private wallet to help investors deposit their coins. Currently, there are still many coins that do not have a place in global private wallets but are listed on major exchanges such as Binance and Kucoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MadeMen
Copper Member

Activity: 389
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:36:15 PM

The importance of having a mobile wallet as against the desktop wallet cannot be overemphasised. The mobile wallet brings a great deal of flexibility and convenience. Users of a coin should have access to their wallet app without restrictions and this can be accomplished faster with the mobile wallet
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:49:22 PM

While you are right there are several explanations of why this is the case, to begin with a new coin is not going to be accepted in a lot of places if you want to make a purchase, so most likely developers figure out that you are not going to need the ability to move your coins with you too much during the early stages of development so they concentrate themselves on creating a desktop version of their wallet while neglecting a mobile version.

Another reason for this to happen is simply that they lack the resources, they do not have enough people to work on both projects, and finally if the project is a scam then the developers know that a mobile wallet is useless because their coin is never going to be accepted anywhere so why bother?
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 06:50:48 PM

It depends on the type of crypto that is issued. Recently (during the defi trend), 90% of new projects have only issued smartcontract based tokens. So, building the own mobile wallet is useless and just a waste of time that could be used for other developments. In fact, many wallets are multi-device for storing such tokens like MEW (web wallet), or some supported third party mobile wallets. These wallets can certainly be an alternative for non-PC users.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:56:43 PM

I think most of the projects do have mobile wallets now, maybe you participated in the initial sale of a completely new blockchain project which is not compatible with existing wallets, in that case you cannot do anything but wait for developers to come up with their mobile wallet.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 07:28:39 PM

I wonder who still have the time to download those pc wallets,cause it's old stuff now, mobile wallets are much easier and faster to use rather than pc wallets, I think mobile wallets should be made(developed)first, even before they consider making a pc wallet, cause just as you said there are more mobile phone users than pc users, also you can take your phone around while your pc is normally at home, imagine if you want to make a transaction and it's not a Mobile wallet so you have to run back home to use the pc?.
Hardware wallet is the best, but if you can't afford it, you can use Electrum Wallet. Electrum is an open source wallet and it's completely free, like your own bank. Never hold on to Coinbase or any other exchange. This is very risky. Electrum wallet is best after hardware wallet.
Yeah hardware wallets are the best, but mate OP is actually talking about new projects that only create pc wallets rather than Mobile wallets.

zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 01:59:49 PM

Note that mobile wallet is used in small transactions and it also has its limitations. It can be easily stolen or broken from the hand. This increases the chances of losing the wallet. It can be easily hacked. As a result, it is not safe to keep a large number of coins or USD.
You are right. The risk of using a cellular wallet will be to lose money if their cellphone is lost or damaged. Unless they back up the private key and public key securely. But the problem is, many cellular wallet holders don't back up their private and public keys.
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2020, 02:07:30 PM

You are right. The risk of using a cellular wallet will be to lose money if their cellphone is lost or damaged. Unless they back up the private key and public key securely. But the problem is, many cellular wallet holders don't back up their private and public keys.

This is why there is the need to also keep a copy of your private key in usb drive, a redundant copy of your privatekey to a hidden directory to your drive. ITs  security risk but losing your phone will be riskier than not having a copy of your logins.

But at least put a security code to your pone as well. Wallet app has passwords too, making it complicated for anyone who stole/found your phone.

dhaldanga

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:18:32 PM

Of course Mobile wallet is more important,
Because many of us who are associated with cryptocurrency use Mobile wallet.
However, I would like to draw the attention of the seniors to the best and trusted mobile wallet.
istiak2277

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:21:18 PM

There are over 41 million crypto wallet users right now. And a large number of people use and manage their crypto wallets from their mobile phones. Becasue its easy and much convenient to use. So I think the crypto project should be focusing on having their wallet for web version and mobile version first so that both types of users will have easy access.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
kasakola

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:24:52 PM

Mobile wallet is very important to me because everyone has phone all the time so mobile wallet needs to be first. So I would say TrstWallet is also a good reason because it has its own privet key. And Jay wallets have their own keys, the chances of them being hacked are very low. There are many such wallets, I think the gula is much better.

Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:34:50 PM

Ninety nine percent of people around the world use smartphones today and many don't have time to stick around with laptops or PC, smartphones are easier to carry on the go, that's why developers must be smart enough to know that mobile wallets will bring more users to their projects than windows or Linux wallets

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
arabianhorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 03:56:50 PM

I have Electrum and Mycelium best for holding and transferring BTC between mobile wallets. Metamask and trustwallet best for ETH Blockchain. We should not hold asset in any exchange wallet. Exchange wallets do not have a private key. Our asset can be lost from time to time. We always have the private keys of Electrum, Mycelium, metamask and Trustwallet. So the chances of losing the asset are very low. These apps can be used on pc. But pc is not always close.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: