Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tattoo Design Bounty 0.5 BTC  (Read 4083 times)
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:23:33 PM

It's not done yet, but do you think this is similar ot what you want?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armin22

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:27:45 PM

It's in the original buttermilk font, i haven't made the Heart shape out of outlines, but flown the text naturally with the font itself. I think that since you'll be tattooing it where you're heart is on your chest, it'll get the message across, and will hint it as the text has been re sized and arranged into a heart shape. Overall, the text is clear, and gets the message across, the links between the separate words show a connection, the arch on top with the T and H also show a connection and emphasize the heart shape a little more, but keeps it overall,subtle.

BitDollars (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:52:41 AM

It's in the original buttermilk font, i haven't made the Heart shape out of outlines, but flown the text naturally with the font itself. I think that since you'll be tattooing it where you're heart is on your chest, it'll get the message across, and will hint it as the text has been re sized and arranged into a heart shape. Overall, the text is clear, and gets the message across, the links between the separate words show a connection, the arch on top with the T and H also show a connection and emphasize the heart shape a little more, but keeps it overall,subtle.

I'll keep an open mind but if this the final result, i'd have to say i don't like the message or the way its delivered
armin22

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:32:11 AM

I'll keep an open mind but if this the final result, i'd have to say i don't like the message or the way its delivered

I'm very open for improvements.

BitDollars (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:29:39 AM

I'm very open for improvements.
[/quote]

make it look better than acrons
BitDollars (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:23:42 AM

one week left!
ManMe

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

You should create some kind of "secret bitcoin tattoo" to place it on the neck or behind the ears )
ninjatflex

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:44:53 AM

I think the problem is there's no guarantee that any artist / designer / typographer will get paid for their work. Any artist worth their salt would charge at least £200 / $300 (ish) for a job like this (a guaranteed sum, rather than a 'as long as no one does better than you' kind of thing).

Barring Acorn, everything submitted in this thread has been a sub standard in comparison to the first two examples you posted (which, whilst beautiful, obviously aren't quite what you're looking for). You'd be best contacting a designer you like and offering them the sum through escrow rather than trying to turn it into a competition - which most artists see as just an excuse to get as much work as possible for free. The final week could pass and you could easily decide you don't like any of the work that each person has put X-amount of hours in to develop and you could just log off and never return.

Obviously i'm not accusing you of this but there's an element of trust to a competition like this that professionals wont buy (but hobbyists and students would - leading to the sub-standard attempts).
crazyoddman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:00:23 AM

I think the problem is there's no guarantee that any artist / designer / typographer will get paid for their work. Any artist worth their salt would charge at least £200 / $300 (ish) for a job like this (a guaranteed sum, rather than a 'as long as no one does better than you' kind of thing).

Barring Acorn, everything submitted in this thread has been a sub standard in comparison to the first two examples you posted (which, whilst beautiful, obviously aren't quite what you're looking for). You'd be best contacting a designer you like and offering them the sum through escrow rather than trying to turn it into a competition - which most artists see as just an excuse to get as much work as possible for free. The final week could pass and you could easily decide you don't like any of the work that each person has put X-amount of hours in to develop and you could just log off and never return.

Obviously i'm not accusing you of this but there's an element of trust to a competition like this that professionals wont buy (but hobbyists and students would - leading to the sub-standard attempts).
+1 to that, i think it costs way more for such a design, and if it has to be a contest, then i believe more should be offered, but then again, the BTC is a precious asset to have therefore i rest my case Smiley
BitDollars (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:10:59 AM

dabs has kindly agreed to escrow. 
http[Suspicious link removed]6MFk
there is 0.5305 bitcoins at that address which is enough for all fees and 0.5 bitcoin to the winner.
i will announce at the end of the month.  i am happy with the results so far as i think acron's design is grouse.
if someone has a better one, then they know themselves if they have the skill and the inclination.
gotta be in it to win it!

already tried finding a designer but that all ended in not quite a satisfactory outcome.

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:16:54 PM

Just found you thread and did a rough sketch for you

BitDollars (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:08:22 AM

2 more days left till comp closes!!
sorry nobitcoin - i don't like your design
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:08:42 PM

My wife did these:

joeventyra

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

My wife did these:

those two look really nice! the second one especially is a distinguishing one!
i hope he will choose this one. you deserve it. good luck!

Crypto world is on the way to eruption.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

My wife did these:

those two look really nice! the second one especially is a distinguishing one!
i hope he will choose this one. you deserve it. good luck!

Thanks bro/sister Smiley

If he/she does choose one of my wife's it will be her very first payment in BTC Smiley
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:41:25 AM

Just saw this a few of hours ago, and as a tattoo lover (I have three), I just have to participate.
The first time I decided to get a tattoo, I designed a complicated one featuring the Liverpool Liverbird and the five Champions League stars. Thankfully, the artist advised against it, and gave me some guidance. The key, he said, was to have a core theme, keep it bold and simple, and make sure you won't be embarrassed displaying it in public.

As such, after mulling over your list of requirements (Alêya Lovi Thai/21.1.12/heart shape/font continuity), I came up with the below. Hope you like it!

Design: https://i.imgur.com/g5GqIah.png
Mock Up: https://i.imgur.com/xiPeuWg.png
Also, one with Michael Cera  Wink: https://i.imgur.com/tVILYGH.png

Cheers.

ps: Regardless of your final decision, please consider posting a photo of the tattoo once you've got it done. Luck!

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
acorn

Activity: 121

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:19:43 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 07:13:02 AM by acorn

i think i like this version the best so far.

Perhaps more definition in the V in "Lovi" and the connection between "a" and "i" in Thai.

Also if the V in the heart was more pronounced where "ya L" joins together.

Sorry for the delay -- here are the changes you've asked for. I also included cleaned up versions of the other two. If picked, you'll receive an AI file of all four, or other vector format of your choice.
BitDollars (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:59:46 AM

and the winner is......

ACRON

Thanks to everyone that particpated.

I will ask Dabs to release coins to 19j3MM1uXD7HsPGXA9LWVhqAWJiXBTX5DL unless you have another preference?

acorn

Activity: 121

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:09:27 AM

That address is fine, thank you. (My username is acorn by the way lol...)
Cheers
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:59:36 PM

Coins released! Check your PMs. Thank you and have a nice day.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: