Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin used by Criminals to sophisticate their footprints  (Read 466 times)
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 12:04:22 PM

I am an advocate for Bitcoin and It pleases me to tell people about Bitcoin. But there are issues we need to attend to. Bitcoin was created as a means of payment, and some people are using it for that purpose. Unfortunately, this includes criminals. The rate at which criminals use Bitcoins to enhance their operation and make their footsteps sophisticated is just increasing! Haven't you heard that "Bitcoin is a scam"? This phrase only comes up because people have been seeing Bitcoin used for such purposes. Bitcoin is available to everyone, so how can we stop/reduce the misuse of cryptocurrency? Considering that KYC is not involved because I and some people prefer being discreet about our identity. So, how can we stop this, and I'd still have my secrecy? This is already rubbing dirt on us and needs to be attended to.

You should not blame the wrong use of currency as a drawback of a currency. Bitcoin can be used in a good sense and in a bad way too. Its up to the end user who uses bitcoin for what purpose. Even if you stop the bitcoin usage, the criminals will still continue the criminal activity using paper currency.
yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 12:13:39 PM

Criminals can use physical currency too and we don't blame the currency they've used for their crimes instead we put the blame on the criminals themselves. However, those hypocrite media has gone too far with putting Bitcoin as the main issue when some crooks used it as their main props. We need to change other people's mindsets by countering those media who put blame on Bitcoin when it's not really necessary and the real culprit is those criminals instead.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 12:37:12 PM

Criminals actually can't use Bitcoin to hide or "sophisticate" their footprints.They are using mostly private coins like Monero.The mantra of Bitcoin being used by criminals is going to be busted.Bitcoin isn't even close to fiat/cash,when it comes to money laundering and criminal activities.
I don't understand why are you whining about this?It doesn't matter how legit and trusted Bitcoin is,"haters gonna hate" no matter what happens and there will always be people,who will call Bitcoin a scam.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 01:00:07 PM

But guys, we all know that fiat is used for illegal activities too. However, that of Bitcoin is rapidly increasing as it offers criminals a better position. If you deposit a huge amount of money in your bank account, the financial agency may investigate on how the money was made. But if you own 2000 bitcoin, no one knows who you are to question you. For this and some other reasons, Bitcoin is preferred for their criminal activities.

It's inevitable for criminal usage to be increasing. Why? Because mass usage of Bitcoin in general is increasing so it's really nothing but expected.

Also, take note that criminals also prefer using cars for getaway vehicles, knives or hammers to murder people, gloves and hairnets to prevent spreading DNA, computers to steal money and identities, the list goes on and on and on. Why? Because Bitcoin, along with these mentioned items, are tools.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 03:16:15 PM

I am an advocate for Bitcoin and It pleases me to tell people about Bitcoin. But there are issues we need to attend to. Bitcoin was created as a means of payment, and some people are using it for that purpose. Unfortunately, this includes criminals. The rate at which criminals use Bitcoins to enhance their operation and make their footsteps sophisticated is just increasing! Haven't you heard that "Bitcoin is a scam"? This phrase only comes up because people have been seeing Bitcoin used for such purposes. Bitcoin is available to everyone, so how can we stop/reduce the misuse of cryptocurrency? Considering that KYC is not involved because I and some people prefer being discreet about our identity. So, how can we stop this, and I'd still have my secrecy? This is already rubbing dirt on us and needs to be attended to.

Bitcoin still works as a means of payment though,,, I am seeing it every day and people are using it every day on this channel/forum.

But yes, it does not mean Bitcoin is perfect. Hence Segwit upgrades and hence Lightning Network.

Criminals using Bitcoin? Criminals use any money and any tech to help their work. Should we say Internet is evil because crime happens online?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 03:48:04 PM

I've heard the line "Bitcoin is a scam" from the people around me even from my friends. The reason why they see it that way is that they don't have enough knowledge about it and how criminals have been using it for their own purpose. I think we can't eliminate criminals who are using crypto because most of them are also using fiat which logically means that criminals are everywhere and any kind of currency could be used in both good and bad ways.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 03:51:15 PM

Criminals actually can't use Bitcoin to hide or "sophisticate" their footprints.They are using mostly private coins like Monero.The mantra of Bitcoin being used by criminals is going to be busted.Bitcoin isn't even close to fiat/cash,when it comes to money laundering and criminal activities.
I don't understand why are you whining about this?It doesn't matter how legit and trusted Bitcoin is,"haters gonna hate" no matter what happens and there will always be people,who will call Bitcoin a scam.
I wouldn't say busted, there''s always going to be crime in relation to Bitcoin, same as with cash. The difference is Bitcoin does give a little more privacy than card payments, but you could argue that cash is better for criminals to use. Obviously, as discussed every transaction is visible to anyone, whether they use Bitcoin or not which is something you'd think a criminal would avoid doing.

There isn't really anything to bust other than stating that a currency has, and will continue to be used by criminals. Unfortunately, what ever currency you use that will remain a fact. Bitcoin isn't special or different in this regard.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 03:56:55 PM

Bitcoin is available to everyone, so how can we stop/reduce the misuse of cryptocurrency? Considering that KYC is not involved because I and some people prefer being discreet about our identity. So, how can we stop this, and I'd still have my secrecy? This is already rubbing dirt on us and needs to be attended to.

Honestly we can't do nothing about that no matter what we do there will always people who will use Bitcoin in illegal ways either to money launder or to purchase illegal things or services online. I can't really think of a way to reduce it or to avoid this one.
I just feel helpless sometimes when the same criminals attack the exchanges and go untraced, with huge fund this time. This implicate that anyone can be victim of hack and may never be caught, we cant be too careful and exchanges had shown not to be the safest especially the top exchanges like Binance. The same anonymity that protects and also the defect. I wish something can be done on this

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2020, 04:01:15 PM

Yes, unfortunately, criminals use internet / money.

Fortunately, Cypherpunks Write Code ...

"Deal with it!" - Timothy C. May

Bitcoin and the End of History
- https://youtu.be/HDKQulqVCQg?t=447

The Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love? (Official Music Video)
- https://youtu.be/WpYeekQkAdc

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2020, 04:28:37 PM

Everything has two parts so its depends on users who choose the right.
People use bitcoin for payments or trading but criminals use it for their money black to white. We know that bitcoin prices always violent and nobody cannot find the user information. The criminal takes the opurtunity to buy  huge asset and sell when the price pump.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 06:51:50 PM

Isn't this issue about Bitcoin being used by criminals has been around for so long?
Is it only Bitcoin? Because for me everything that have a value is being used by the criminals,
Money (Fiat), Cars , Gold , Antiques or anything that is expensive could be used by the criminals smuggling and money laundering isn't new.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 07:15:38 PM

How about people just stop being stupid and listening to nonsense, believing in nonsense, and speaking it. Unless someone knows what they are talking about they shouldn't have an opinion on any subject.
How can you form an opinion on something you have no understanding of. I tell you people are amazing and their ignorance is outstanding.

If it can be used it can also be abused. It's very basic.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 07:45:10 PM

There is nothing to be done and nothing should be done about it in terms of changing the code of bitcoin or anything similar, bitcoin is just a tool and just as knife can be used for everyday reasons like cutting vegetables and similar stuff, it can be used by criminals as well, should we ban knifes just because criminals can use them? Should we make them less sharp and reduce their utility as a toll for everyone else? The answer is obviously no.

Bitcoin gives every single person that uses it the freedom to do what they want with their money and while the majority of people will use it for good things there are going to be a few bad apples here and there, and the only way to help the situation somewhat is with old detective work and putting those persons behind bars, other than that there is nothing to do except taking some precautions to protect yourself.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
oktana (OP)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2020, 08:52:10 PM

I am an advocate for Bitcoin and It pleases me to tell people about Bitcoin. But there are issues we need to attend to. Bitcoin was created as a means of payment, and some people are using it for that purpose. Unfortunately, this includes criminals.
Your Rank tells us that you are here long enough but why still now being affected of these issue?Criminal will use everything for their operation it's just happen that they cross bitcoin now and find it suitable.

Even without Bitcoin they will find every way,so Just focus on your life.
The rate at which criminals use Bitcoins to enhance their operation and make their footsteps sophisticated is just increasing! Haven't you heard that "Bitcoin is a scam"?
Seriously?you still find these question appropriate? even Noob knows about that question and i did not expect to be coming from high rank like you
This phrase only comes up because people have been seeing Bitcoin used for such purposes. Bitcoin is available to everyone, so how can we stop/reduce the misuse of cryptocurrency? Considering that KYC is not involved because I and some people prefer being discreet about our identity. So, how can we stop this, and I'd still have my secrecy? This is already rubbing dirt on us and needs to be attended to.
What about Fiat,This is the main use of criminal so we need to stop Fiat also?Man be mature let it be,you are not superhero to face everything.

Are you for real? I created a topic to discuss the problems of bitcoin that only keeps getting worse and what I get from you is such a response? SMH. If you won't give a simple opinion like the other members have done, then there's no need to show off. Bitcoin has problems that are pulling it down, and they need to be attended to.

Yea, I meant to say 'sometimes'.
And yet criminals use fiat money all the time to commit crimes and yet it still hasn't even been called a scam. My opinion here? Let's stop being stupid and stop blaming the currency for being a tool. We can use it, and we love it right now because it is a tool, and that's that. Anything can become dangerous in the hands of someone who knows how to turn it into one, so there's absolutely no need for us to do anything. For anyone blaming Bitcoin as a tool for criminals, just tell them to throw away everything they have since criminals also use those anyway.

No one is blaming Bitcoin for being a tool. We are glad that it is. The point is, how can we reduce the rate at which it is misused. Because, the more it is misused, the more it'll be disregarded.

Isn't this issue about Bitcoin being used by criminals has been around for so long?
Is it only Bitcoin? Because for me everything that have a value is being used by the criminals,
Money (Fiat), Cars , Gold , Antiques or anything that is expensive could be used by the criminals smuggling and money laundering isn't new.

It has been for so long, but has been increasing. The cause for the topic is the increase.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Walterhank

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 08:25:35 AM

The whole purpose of bitcoin and such crypto is to allow access to anyone and everyone which means sadly there will be fraudulent activities, scams, and illegal actions, etc. One thing to avoid such scams is to be careful and educate yourself.
Ayiranorea

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 11:42:37 AM

Bitcoin is developed to pilot transactions eliminating the intermediary in an pseudonymous manner. This has helped in good as well as on criminal activities. As it is quite hard to back track the transaction, criminals use bitcoins. In comparison to the usage of fiat the usage of bitcoin is very low. Just on the usage on bad activities one shouldn't be judgemental that bitcoin is developed for the criminal needs.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
kentrolla

Activity: 1568
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 11:54:16 AM

Everything rise has a fall similarly every development has a negative impact too we always want to see the positive side and the use of it, but I am not saying it Should be encouraged. Obviously this is a drawback but ultimately nothing can be done in crypto currency. Instances like scam's, illegal activities are done everywhere. We need to be careful and be alert to avoid from such actions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hopegood

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 12:26:42 PM

Bitcoin was created with good intention but the criminals abuses the goodwill of this financial instrument. Almost every good innovations have their  dark side . Fiat currencies is also used by the criminals to facilitate their illegal activities. I feel nothing can be done to prevent some bad actors using Bitcoin for illegal purposes . The peer to peer system of transaction makes that totally impossible.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 01:28:34 PM

Some peoples use bitcoin for criminal operations, it's same term with people use fiat for criminal operations isn't it? We will see people will use anything to enhance their business, in this topic is crime purpose.

"Bitcoin is a scam"? This phrase only comes up because people have been seeing Bitcoin used for such purposes.

Fiat also a scam right, we've seen many people lose their money in scam company. Imo "Bitcoin is scam", this term is irational.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 6350

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 01:58:38 PM

Bitcoin is available to everyone, so how can we stop/reduce the misuse of cryptocurrency?

You attach a digital flyer with The Ten Commandments to each transaction and you ask people nicely to stop using it for stuff you don't like, maybe for some using BTC in a strip club or gambling or buying cannabis is a misuse, for others donating to a church might be a misuse.
Who is going to play god and decide what's right and wrong?

So, how can we stop this, and I'd still have my secrecy?

Well, there are a lot of ways in trying to stop this, all of them end in the same way, bitcoin turning into a useless centralized crap worth zero that nobody uses.
What you're trying to do is create a gun that only shoots bad guys, good luck with it.

The mantra of Bitcoin being used by criminals is going to be busted.

It's the mantra of bitcoin being used only by the ones with a pure soul and only for necessities protecting them by the evil gubbermint that is being busted day after day. Deal with reality, don't be a cultist!

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████