Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:32:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Major Social Media Companies  (Read 221 times)
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 06:44:10 AM

I want to know actually what's wrong  with it if the user refused or fails to attach bitcoin wallet address to it, does it mean it will be seen as a scammer or what? Or they is another reason the wallet address should be placed there, please I need brief explanation.

With so much scams on social media it might be the case that Facebook automatically false-flags Bitcoin addresses as scams. While it's unfair for those who want to post their Bitcoin addresses without malicious intent, I really can't blame Facebook's software for being strict due to the number of scams on social media.

Yes, it cannot be denied that at this time, some social media are always on guard against this issue, not only Facebook, there are even many social media that prohibit users from posting wallet addresses even though their good nait is not intended for fraud, that's why Facebook maintains their good name and Facebook also has the right to maintain its security so that it is not misused from irresponsible people, that's why now Facebook is tightening its users so they don't use Facebook carelessly and prevent irresponsible people from using Facebook for their evil intentions. ..
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2268
Merit: 844

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 09:28:19 AM

I set up a bitcoin donation post for my horror story podcast and website then FB went off the deepened and told me they didn't support bitcoin and I wouldn't be able to advertise wth them if I had it on there so I removed it for now. Is this really a thing? They go as far as to scour your website and pick bitcoin of all things to complain about?

Does this lead to the fact that facebook does not like promotion bitcoin or other altcoins other then Libra. Although there is no chance Libra could be introduced anytime soon, people will starting hating FB if they keep on blocking the bitcoin promotion content.

larus

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:54:30 AM

Facebook hate bitcoin because they want to create own currency. You will see that libra will be the only supported payment method
blockchainbunder

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:03:40 AM

I set up a bitcoin donation post for my horror story podcast and website then FB went off the deepened and told me they didn't support bitcoin and I wouldn't be able to advertise wth them if I had it on there so I removed it for now. Is this really a thing? They go as far as to scour your website and pick bitcoin of all things to complain about?

Haha, yeah good one.

A lot of people complain. Not me, bitcoin is going next year to 100.000 $. BOOM!
Alucard1

Activity: 574
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:10:58 AM

A lot of scammers are so active on social media especially on Facebook that is why Facebook restricted the word bitcoin, it would be better if you create your website and then post it on Facebook by that you can still say anything you want about bitcoin just void using the word itself.
Facebook hate bitcoin because they want to create their own currency. You will see that libra will be the only supported payment method
Is that true? I haven't read any information about that before, can you tell us the link where you have read this information, I just wonder if this is true or not.

scarystorytime (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2020, 06:53:11 AM

A couple of people suggested I create a website and that is exactly how I had it set up. The receive address was on my website not my facebook personal or biz page. I posted the link from my website to my facebook page.  I'm assuming that someone probably clicked on the link from my facebook page and reported the post with the link unless they have bots watching the content of pages which I doubt. Right now I have the donation page spun off a few links deep off a secondary domain of mine. Hopefully, that will work instead.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: