Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobody here likes money? Bitcoin is dirt cheap on Tradehill, for DAYS...  (Read 2124 times)
flaxceed (OP)

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

>>Note new email flaxceed@tormail.org<<

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:11:02 AM

I have been trying to sell btc for a few cents under the market for days on end on Tradehill.  Somebody there must have a lot- it has varied from about 5 cents under the MtGox rate to as much as 25 cents under for the last 4 days or so.  Maybe this fool has thousands of coins, I don't know, but hopefully some of you want a bargain and will buy the guy out so I can get out mine without taking a loss.

//////////////////////////////////////////////
>>>>>>flaxceed@tormail.org<<<<<<
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flaxceed (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:19:13 AM

Right now lowest ask on Tradehill.com is 2.20, but MtGox is 2.48238

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:21:09 AM

It's because Tradehill doesn't do Dwolla deposits anymore.  Fewer deposits = lower price.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:23:58 AM

It's because Tradehill doesn't do Dwolla deposits anymore.  Fewer deposits = lower price.

Nah, this is a newish trend.

I made a thread on it a few days ago.  I noticed something was up too.

Thankfully, I've been capitalizing on it all day.  See those dips?  Lot of those were me   Grin
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 07:15:19 AM

Thankfully, I've been capitalizing on it all day.  See those dips?  Lot of those were me   Grin

See the bottom of those dips?  Lots of those were me Grin

It's been like taking candy from a baby to buy at the bottom of the wide trough and sell at the top.  But I seem to be running into competition of late, and the commissions take a bite, so it's hardly worth the time.  At least doing it manually.  I started writing a bot to do it when it was going on months ago, but got interested in other things and could not believe that the opportunity would pop up again.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 09:59:49 AM

It's been like taking candy from a baby to buy at the bottom of the wide trough and sell at the top.  But I seem to be running into competition of late, and the commissions take a bite, so it's hardly worth the time.  At least doing it manually.  I started writing a bot to do it when it was going on months ago, but got interested in other things and could not believe that the opportunity would pop up again.

Yep I got out at 2.28.  Competition is thick at the moment.  Lot of asks from 2.20-2.25
flaxceed (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 10:07:32 AM

Lowest ask is now 2.25, MtGox last is 2.48.  Serious liquidity issues in the world of bitcoin right now.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 10:58:10 AM

They do, there is just one more intermediary...unless something changed this month.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 03:08:41 PM

Lowest ask is now 2.25, MtGox last is 2.48.  Serious liquidity issues in the world of bitcoin right now.

Let me fix that for you

Serious liquidity issues in the world of Mtgox right now.

I'm having continued massive trouble on withdrawals on Mtgox. I don't think I am the only one. How am I supposed to do arbitrage if I can't get the fiat money moved?
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 03:29:12 PM

Lowest ask is now 2.25, MtGox last is 2.48.  Serious liquidity issues in the world of bitcoin right now.

Let me fix that for you

Serious liquidity issues in the world of Mtgox right now.

I'm having continued massive trouble on withdrawals on Mtgox. I don't think I am the only one. How am I supposed to do arbitrage if I can't get the fiat money moved?

what withdrawals are you having trouble with

(BFL)^2 < 0
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 03:49:47 PM

What withdrawals am I not having trouble with? That would be the one I haven't tested, LibertyReserve.

• Bitcoin works most of the time, but from time to time, I get "invalid address" errors or delays of up to 24h.
  • US Dollar (Dwolla) Is a special service for USA only, will not do business with me.
  • US Dollar (LibertyReserve) Haven't tried yet, looks US-focused, last resort if all others fail?
  • US Dollar to Euro currency (SEPA zone) Failed due to legal issues with some bank or whatever
  • Withdraw funds to Paxum Currently, 2000 USD stuck with "liquidity problems"; Gox admits they do not have enough money on their account and cause large delays. Also, problems with their software delayed my last attempt to withdraw, so this is not the first time things go wrong.
  • International Wire I'm trying it right now. Fun from the start: entering "Amount X" and "Currency EUR" results in the equivalent of X USD sent.

Mtgox is looking very shady right now, and I can only hope to see my money again. Little hope of me arbitraging anything into Mtgox right now.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:27:27 PM

Yep I got out at 2.28.  Competition is thick at the moment.  Lot of asks from 2.20-2.25

Looks like I got out at 2.36 (almost Wink ) last night.  But I got in again at $2.19 as I slept.  So I've got a block of coin to either play for another sell or sit on if we continue the rise.  And I'm going to be interested to see how much interest Keiser's new work pulls in (which means waiting until people figure out Bitcoin and fund some accounts.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:49:42 PM

-- snip: litany of hassles --

... Little hope of me arbitraging anything into Mtgox right now.

A happy accident of fate...if one has 90% marketshare that is... Smiley

More seriously, there really are some legitimate reasons for Mt. Gox to take actions which may irritate you but which have nothing to do with potential insolvency (or theft.)  Some of them might be 'just business' directed toward their competition, and some of them could be related to presure from Mt Gox's own more mainstream competition.  There there is always the old adage about 'not ascribing to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.'

But who knows what the truth is (or truths are).  I guess we'll find out in the end.

dancupid

Activity: 955

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 05:52:10 AM

BitInstant has been down for the last few days which may explain it (I saw the low prices but had no way to move my money to Tradehill from mt.gox).
They are back up now, and hence the prices are only differing by a few cents - so not worth the effort (or the fees).
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 06:04:02 AM

BitInstant has been down for the last few days which may explain it (I saw the low prices but had no way to move my money to Tradehill from mt.gox).
They are back up now, and hence the prices are only differing by a few cents - so not worth the effort (or the fees).

Might as well leave your money at Mt. Gox.  Looks to me like Tradehill may well overshoot, so you may get a chance to abritrage the other way.  The month long ask wall overhang at Tradehill has been chewed off big time lately and is just about gone, and I will bet that a lot of people have money in the pipeline on it's way to Tradehill.

http://bitcoinity.org/markets?currency=USD&exchange=tradehill

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: