Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: remove  (Read 5369 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:37:01 AM

I think the way you can get a business to accept bitcoin is saying they have won to represent bitcoin and help them bring more money to  there business by doing so and will be making history.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:15:54 PM

How much is the BTC prize? Off-line is out of limit for me but I might spend a half an hour or so talking to a close-minded people trying to persuade them to the Coin side if it worth it Smiley edit: seen it's 0.01 and it's good what about the other question? . also do we have to convince them to use BTC's to win? and who chooses the winners?
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:54:22 PM

How much is the BTC prize? Off-line is out of limit for me but I might spend a half an hour or so talking to a close-minded people trying to persuade them to the Coin side if it worth it Smiley edit: seen it's 0.01 and it's good what about the other question? . also do we have to convince them to use BTC's to win? and who chooses the winners?
no, you just have to post what you emailed them
 every sponsor chooses one winner per page
so far there is just 1 sponsor though Smiley
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:55:56 PM

To: http://www.ecoffeecard.com.au/ContactUs

"I have an idea I would like you to consider:

Since you have the ability to get a free coffee. How about you allow people to upload funds and buy coffee through the app (and pass those on to the coffee shop?).

Then you can accept payment by Paypal or similar.

And also.. and here is the exciting bit... you can accept payment for coffee by Bitcoin. People who have bitcoins are always looking for novel ways to spend them and to grow the community.

You'll be ahead of the game when Bitcoin really takes off."

***WINNER***

Hey, you just won! Smiley
Please register at https://BitBandit.eu and give me your username so I can credit it with the promised 0.01BTC
barkinos98

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:01:19 PM

I tried doing this to turkish stores
they are either controlled by this one huge corporation (which i cant bother to go to) or very small businesses which hardly makes the end of the month.
Its just not "good" enough for the Turkish market.

We even tried going to a company which makes automated kiosks and whatnots, but the finance person there knowingly said he wont allow transactions done with BTC.
I also have close relations with the helper of a VP in Turkey's leading bank, and he thinks this whole thing is completely bullcrap as well.

We, as a market is not ready for this, and with the distrust from bankers (which i agree with some as well) its going to be incredibly hard to do in Turkey, and many other 3rd world countries where many people can not even do with "real/old world currency"...

time flies when you invest well
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:01:16 AM

The original post was just edited thanks to a great suggestion of medUSA, thank you medUSA. It's much better now, isn't it?
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 07:41:41 AM

The original post was just edited thanks to a great suggestion of medUSA, thank you medUSA. It's much better now, isn't it?

It is. Readers now know exactly what the thread is about from the first few lines, and sponsors get better ad space  Smiley

READERS: Start promoting and get your 0.01btc now!
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:48:19 AM

Yes, let's show some spirit. Even 1/10 of the activity of the doge community will make miracles Smiley
We need some more sponsors too!
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:03:20 PM

I think we need to stop the drive for merchant adoption, and start drumming up ways to just get more people genuinely interested in whats going on here.

create a bitcoin user = maybe he will speak positively about it to others and play around with btc from time to time
Create a bitcoin evangeslist = at least a few of his closest friends will try it out and everyone he meets will have a different outlook on it
Create a bitcoin merchant = Give people a convenient offramp to spend their bitcoins and then MAYBE buy more?

I dunno, merchant adoption is a good endgoal, but I had to get into the real world a little bit and realize that even in my city which could be considered one of the bitcoin hubs of the world, is largely a rarity running into a bitcoin user that is STILL a user and didn't just stumble across it or hear something about it from the silk road days.

Quite a shame, but I really want to get more people crazy about it directly.  Merchant adoption comes from consumer demand, and quite frankly, the consumer demand, for most businesses, especially brick and mortar, don't care.  Thats the harsh reality.  I am going to continue to buy bitcoin and continue to tell people about it, but the merchant adoption push is a little too soon in my opinion.  Now if I heard rumors of a merchant that MIGHT be thinking of accepting, I'll ask to schedule a meeting with that person, to help get them started.

Merchant adoption is all fine and good, but lets not kid ourselves about how far along we are in this process.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 06:34:43 PM

Great job! Good idea, keep it up.

CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:38:15 PM

Great job! Good idea, keep it up.

so far it proved extremely hard to make people be pro-active. Sticky thread would help a great deal I guess.
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:45:16 PM

Since you have the ability to get a free coffee. How about you allow people to upload funds and buy coffee through the app (and pass those on to the coffee shop?).

And also.. and here is the exciting bit... you can accept payment for coffee by Bitcoin. People who have bitcoins are always looking for novel ways to spend them and to grow the community.

***WINNER***

Please register at https://BitBandit.eu and give me your username so I can credit it with the promised 0.01BTC

Anyway my username is chickun

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:09:04 AM

***WINNER***

Anyway my username is chickun

Your account has been credited!
You are the first one that have won, hopefully many will follow.
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:07:47 AM

Prize now fluttered it all away on the poker machine, was fun  Grin

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:27:21 AM

Well, someone is having fun, so the campaign is working! Smiley
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:09:17 PM

by the way, do you guys think we can get this thread to be sticky?
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:32:12 AM

We need to more good things with bitcoin like Seansoutpost, that is one way to spread the news about bitcoin.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:45:24 AM

We need to more good things with bitcoin like Seansoutpost, that is one way to spread the news about bitcoin.

Yes for sure, but lets push the adoption of commerce as well.
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:50:16 AM

Who else is going to try?
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 03:06:04 PM

I just sent a mail to udemy.com
I have bought some good courses there in the past, so I sent them this message:

Hi,

I've been a customer here for a few months now and I'm really impressed with the sheer amount of courses available.
I do have one suggestion that could make my experience much better, I would like to see some alternative methods of payment like Bitcoin for example.
Would it be possible to add Bitcoin as an alternative method of payment?

Sincerely,
(my real name)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: