Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about altcoin long-term performance?  (Read 849 times)
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 12:54:52 PM

The success of a new project is all in the hands of the team, how hardworking and determined the team are is what will create success for the project, most new projects now are not reliable, very few have dedicated teams, to find out which altcoins is good for long term holding first make sure the team behind the project are real blockchain experts
I think most team members who are starting a new project in the world of crypto and blockchain are hardworking and dedicated because they won't be building a project if they don't have this kind of characteristic. The only problem with these team members is that they do not come up with a unique project and a promising development or progress to attract more investors; that is why they fail.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 12:59:53 PM

There are several cryptocurrencies. Among them, some of the top 10 cryptocurrencies will rise with the price of Bitcoin. After all, there is a professional team to manage and own funds. There are other cryptocurrencies, some of which also have team management capabilities. This type of team can currently work normally, you can consider him. Of course some are dead. It is recommended not to consider this.

nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 01:31:28 PM

ethereum still has high hopes, in my opinion. Given the large community and very high number of users, it would be impossible for Ethereum to be abandoned. They have also done some development, although now the results are still not clearly visible because the too high gas fee has not been resolved

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 01:43:30 PM

There are several cryptocurrencies. Among them, some of the top 10 cryptocurrencies will rise with the price of Bitcoin. After all, there is a professional team to manage and own funds. There are other cryptocurrencies, some of which also have team management capabilities. This type of team can currently work normally, you can consider him. Of course some are dead. It is recommended not to consider this.

Even the top 10 altcoins are very different from each other. They include stablecoins such as USDT and USDC, Bitcoin forks such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV, established altcoins such as Ethereum and Litecoin, third generation cryptocurrencies such as Cardano and Chainlink, and finally shitcoins such as Ripple. Ever since the start of the current rally, none of these top-10 alts have grown at a pace which is higher than that of Bitcoin.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 01:56:55 PM

These are the top coins you compare with BTC/Usd there are some other altcoins not top coins also rise higher than its previous all time high. But I agree most of the altcoins drop hard as compare to BTC value. So I always advise set the target of selling and when market touch that price sell it & do not greed for more profit.

Godwinpaul

Activity: 276
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 02:06:44 PM

I would rather hold bitcoin for long term than any altcoin, because most altcoin tends to be fail. The only altcoin I could afford to risk for long-term hold is ethereum and bnb. I love the fact that there are constant developments in ethereum and bnb holds its credibility to the binance exchange which happens to be the largest and most popular cryptocurrency in the world.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 02:11:23 PM

I would rather hold bitcoin for long term than any altcoin, because most altcoin tends to be fail. The only altcoin I could afford to risk for long-term hold is ethereum and bnb. I love the fact that there are constant developments in ethereum and bnb holds its credibility to the binance exchange which happens to be the largest and most popular cryptocurrency in the world.
As long as they have good technology, meaning accurate real use cases, I think these altcoins will still can survive, for example NEO, Litecoin and other top coins that have good technology, even though now their prices are far from ATH, they can still survive
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 02:20:11 PM

You just stated the facts and sometimes I used to wonder what Bitcoin growth so far has caused many other altcoins out there if top altcoins like Ethereum are still not close to their ATH.
What I understood so far is, owing to the fact Bitcoin is highly dominating the entire market, all altcoins will be kept on check, where many will be struggling terribly to grow which might even lead to their possible death, few like Ethereum will be gathering a little attention left to grow, and that little growth so far is what will make Ethereum investors to keep holding on. Also, once Bitcoin dominance drops, that is, if at all it will because the attention so far is too interesting, then if that really happens, a lot of altcoins will have enough room to grow and Ethereum will surly lead the run hence probably attaining its ATH or even more. Nevertheless, the crypto space is unpredictable, therefore we can only predict what we think will happen while the rest is left to the market.
Additionally, what I learnt so far is, Bitcoin is the best when it comes to long term holding, and giving Bitcoin a huge portion of your portfolio looks like the best way to go about it.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 03:08:42 PM

I kind of agree with you, it was just that at that time everything was growing very actively and people did not think that their value in altcoins could fall. I believe that investing in altcoins is worth it but you need to do it wisely understanding all the risks.
Yes, basically people who invest in Altcoins don't think about falling prices, but some of them are often complacent about the profits they have previously earned, so they forget about the risks they have to understand wisely.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 03:39:21 PM

Bitcoin is already 20% higher than it's previous ATH: $20,000 -> $24,000

Ethereum is 2 times lower than its ATH in USD and more than 4 times lower than its BTC ATH. Bcash used to cost a whopping $12,000 at one moment, now it costs $300. XRP went from $3 to $0.6

And these are top coins, so I'm not even going to start recounting how many coins went to zero in the last few years.

It's pretty clear that holding any altcoin for years will lose your money, either by losing compared to BTC, or by straight up losing USD value.

Bitcoin at the moment is not yet giving its best to make altcoins begin with the real actions in the market.
I know we are close to altcoins season, and if that happens that the sign we can able to earn Bitcoin in the future for sure.
The only altcoins that increased and followed the movement of Bitcoin was ETH and we can see that most often in the market.
Lets be more patient for now.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 03:54:17 PM

Quite right, therefore, in no case should you hold altcoins for a long time, but with top altcoins it is much easier, because if you invest in altcoins when the entire cryptocurrency market falls and then just wait for the growth of the same altcoins, and then you need to immediately fix the profit and then repeat the same process constantly and then you will always get a good profit.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 04:17:32 PM

That is the fact that bitcoin has increasingly dominated the market, altcoin is actually not suitable to hold for a long time and only at certain moments can it increase after it will be worthless, maybe for trading can be used because the price fluctuates greatly.

Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 228

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 05:52:50 PM

I won't even be that worried for those top coins, we know that once BTC slows down, that's when these altcoins will start to rise up. I have a feeling that especially ETH will start pumping next.

Regarding long-term performance, you can see from coins that are doing continuous progress despite being the space for so very long. Everyone thought that ETH will pump up after the ETH 2.0 launch but it didn't, you just have to be patient, similar to coins that are doing the same thing (continuously making progress) like NAV. It's currently at 500th on CMC but you can see it slowly getting back up and getting on in the front seat from their AMA with Binance.
I completely agree with your opinion.  Altcoins continue to evolve and many of them have a real product that they serve.  We want the purchased altcoins to rise in value.  to sell them profitably.  The team behind them has a slightly different task.  They have to work for the long term.  Many of them do not prioritize raising the price of their cryptocurrency.  Therefore, in general, there is a normal development workflow, even despite a significant proportion of fraudulent and even simply useless projects.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 05:57:10 PM

Something to predict will probably look like a fantasy. We can try to assume that a repetition of the 2017 season is possible, and everything will be very successful for altcoins. But most likely they will not reach the level they reached last time.
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 05:59:04 PM

Altcoins have history of long term bad performance, you have to hold for longer to actually make some money back if you buy in the bear market, bitcoin is the only digital currency that performs very well in both short and long term hold, some altcoins will even become worthless in a very short term of holding them

jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:51:52 PM

Bitcoin is already 20% higher than it's previous ATH: $20,000 -> $24,000

Ethereum is 2 times lower than its ATH in USD and more than 4 times lower than its BTC ATH. Bcash used to cost a whopping $12,000 at one moment, now it costs $300. XRP went from $3 to $0.6

And these are top coins, so I'm not even going to start recounting how many coins went to zero in the last few years.

It's pretty clear that holding any altcoin for years will lose your money, either by losing compared to BTC, or by straight up losing USD value.

Thanks for bringing this up, especially for the newbies entering the space, only few Coins in the space has ever hit their previous ATH in BTC from the last bull run, if you are into Altcoin trading or investing always adjust your portfolio as the fundamental changes, because of these Coins will not hit their ATH again, and those that do, they would hit it in FIat and not in BTC.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Dondeon

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:56:28 PM

Bitcoin is really dominating the market right now and is looking like is not going to stop but I feel the dominance will stop and the price will get stabilize then alts will rally including ethereum. It is too early to conclude that ETH is 4 times less that the ATH of btc because ETH will soon pump after then we can decide which is less or more.

BIT-BENDER

Activity: 1568
Merit: 705

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 07:49:40 PM

It's your call, to buy alt-coin of Bitcoin, I haven't bought, been-blessed with any alt-coin, I might eventually but ATM it's not to be, but to your confusion, Bitcoin it not the pivot point for alt-coin bull/increase, it's Bitcoin doing the New all time high ATH, not ETH, Bitcoin cash, Litcoin and more alt-coin, and if paraventure alt-coin go higher, Bitcoin could go lower, am excited For Bitcoin this 2020 and oblivious about alt-coin.
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 07:50:25 PM

The success of a new project is all in the hands of the team, how hardworking and determined the team are is what will create success for the project, most new projects now are not reliable, very few have dedicated teams, to find out which altcoins is good for long term holding first make sure the team behind the project are real blockchain experts

Personally, I am not attracted to most altcoins as part of a long-term investment.
Too many top coins have dropped too low and have been unable to get out of this hole for a long time. It is much better to invest in bitcoin if we are talking about a long term, or some DeFi projects in a short term.
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 11:55:44 PM

Don't compare it how it lose in USD value or in BTC value. It always depend how much you enter in that currency for example if you bought ethereum in early this year which is around 100$ you already earn almost 500% of your investment. You calculate it only base on  its ATH but you never see how profitable altcoin will be if you can entry in the right price.  Buying altcoin on  its ATH is very very wrong decision and too risky.

And Bitcoin traded at below $4,000 earlier this year, so theoretically you could 500% profit with it too. But that's not the point, the point is long-term performance, which is 3-4 years or more. And here alts completely suck, they're not even close to returning to their ATH, and why should they be if retail investors aren't going to be burned twice, and institutional investors are smart enough to not touch altcoins with a 6-ft pole. Notice how all these big players saying that Bitcoin is useful for hedging against inflation, but they are dead silent about blockchain technology and alts. They understand that there's nothing fundamentally useful about it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: