Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Shall I HODL DOGE?  (Read 12489 times)
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 01:22:33 AM

DOGE is a useless coin, don't holdit. Better yet buy one of the newer coins being launched these days with the bull run, you stand to make more money that way.
In a way the defi trend pulled crypto out of the cryptowinter so your best bet is the defi world. Not some BS crap dogecoin.

+1+1+1+1+1

You know what? I couldn't agree with you more if I wanted to. Doge coin is the absolute most useless coin there ever was and frankly that is why it is popular. IT IS USELESS. Mainstreamers laugh at us just because coins like DOGECOIN, TITCOIN etc exist.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2020, 01:49:44 AM

DOGE is a useless coin, don't holdit. Better yet buy one of the newer coins being launched these days with the bull run, you stand to make more money that way.
In a way the defi trend pulled crypto out of the cryptowinter so your best bet is the defi world. Not some BS crap dogecoin.

+1+1+1+1+1

You know what? I couldn't agree with you more if I wanted to. Doge coin is the absolute most useless coin there ever was and frankly that is why it is popular. IT IS USELESS. Mainstreamers laugh at us just because coins like DOGECOIN, TITCOIN etc exist.
-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
I agree with you that doge was created out from having fun to cryptocurrency in the first place after its name which doge and that others made a fun to it. However, in the world of gambling wherein doge is accepted made it easier for the gambler to bet due to its low market price unlike btc with much point zero zero in it before the numerical number like 1-9. Doge coin also is much accepted now and despite its creation from an awful name to being accepted by the community.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 01:50:07 AM

Dogecoin is not a bad choice when compared to other shitcoins which have a small market cap,
But you can't have high hopes for Dogecoin, because after all Dogecoin is a coin that has no specific use, it's just that Dogecoin has a large community and is listed on many exchanges.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 03:11:07 AM

+1+1+1+1+1

More on pump and dump and only for Meme's, that the sole purpose of this coin from the beginning of the creation of this project.

If you want to ride with this project then you need to have a good guts positioning your entry and exit, ride and enjoy, make sure

to use your spare money.
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 03:16:33 AM

I have some DOGE, received from faucets. Not much just around 500.

After the increase in the transaction fees of BTC, I have thought of converting my BTC and LTC to DOGE for the transactions and keep them as DOGE. On the second thought, I thought of converting my DOGE to LTC and keep.

I have gone through some articles about DOGE's future price and I got some 50-50 opinions. I discussed with my friend and he suggested me to hold till mid-2021, I can't say why till mid-2021.

It's true that many sites have started accepting DOGE, thus it is getting popular so there is a chance that the price may increase. Still, my knowledge says there are certain loopholes like there is no upper limit in mining DOGE and it is still much easier to mine compared to others. In short, the demand & cost curve is a bit of a failure here. Though one can't say what might happen after 20 years.

Here I want some expert advice on this. Whether it is a good idea to convert and hold or keep my DOGE reserve constant.

If you have just known about Doge, I can tell you more. Doge is a coin that is very popular in DEX exchanges before and be used so much in betting pages although it doesn't have many technologies and developments but its speed is very fast and fee is very cheap.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 03:34:57 AM

IMO, any coin without a fixed total supply is not a true cryptocurrency. Dogecoin was originally invented as a parody coin, to mock real cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin. Even it's inventor didn't expected DOGE to last long, or to gain this much popularity. But now there are indications that cryptocurrencies without an actual usage (such as DOGE) may be going down, as the market is getting more matured. IMO, it will be better to convert DOGE to other (serious) cryptocurrencies to avoid massive losses. 
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 03:43:49 AM

At the current price, your 500 DOGE is just valued at around $2. With this small amount, it is immaterial if you keep it for long term or sell it for Bitcoin or other crypto right now. If you deduct the fees from your $2, you might be left with only a dollar. If you really need that small amount, then sell it. If you don't, you may just keep it there.

As for DOGE as an altcoin, it is much better than thousands of other altcoins. I trust it over others. At least it is being widely utilized right now. It has some nice use cases.
DoubleAweSeven

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 03:45:31 AM

Yes! Go hold dogecoin. Even better, go buy a lot of them! Why you say? Go to elon musk twitter account right now and you will see why. The hype is going because of him. You better see the news.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2020, 04:31:05 AM

I also think that moving your BTC holding to Doge is really a bad idea.  You should keep your Bitcoin, and if you plan to hodl Doge it is fine but not to the expense of a much better cryptocurrency. 

In addition of you are not in need of immediate money then I believe it is fine to hold Doge for a longer time.  Who knows someone might pump DOGE before the date your friend told you.  Listening to your friend's advice of keeping it until mid year next year is probably a good thing.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2020, 05:53:31 AM

I'm quite surprised that there are still people who are spending their time in faucets where we already see that the time to reward ratio of it isn't acceptable. Total waste of time for others.

After the increase in the transaction fees of BTC, I have thought of converting my BTC and LTC to DOGE for the transactions and keep them as DOGE. On the second thought, I thought of converting my DOGE to LTC and keep.
Converting your BTC and LTC into DOGE and holding it after transferring isn't a good idea for me. It would be better if you will just transfer it through DOGE since it has a lower fee and faster but after transferring, you will convert it again. Converting your DOGE to LTC sounds better for me than keeping DOGE.

It's true that many sites have started accepting DOGE, thus it is getting popular so there is a chance that the price may increase. Still, my knowledge says there are certain loopholes like there is no upper limit in mining DOGE and it is still much easier to mine compared to others. In short, the demand & cost curve is a bit of a failure here. Though one can't say what might happen after 20 years.
DOGE is like ETH that has an infinite number of supply so its price isn't sustainable since the supply keeps coming. Yes there are some sites that are accepting DOGE but I don't think that it is enough for its price to rise even after 5 years.

Here I want some expert advice on this. Whether it is a good idea to convert and hold or keep my DOGE reserve constant.
If you really want to earn cryptos, stop doing faucets and find another way to earn it. Faucets are a total waste of time like I said and you can get more if you will earn it in another way. With regards to DOGE though, I'm not saying that it is a shitcoin and you might hold some if you want but don't go all in on it.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
viananda2525

Activity: 1047
Merit: 125

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 06:34:27 AM

I also think that moving your BTC holding to Doge is really a bad idea.  You should keep your Bitcoin, and if you plan to hodl Doge it is fine but not to the expense of a much better cryptocurrency. 

In addition of you are not in need of immediate money then I believe it is fine to hold Doge for a longer time.  Who knows someone might pump DOGE before the date your friend told you.  Listening to your friend's advice of keeping it until mid year next year is probably a good thing.
we should not convert all bitcoin into doge, put some allocation in our bag could give an alternative return when doge rising like yesterday. based on doge price  history , we should not underestimate with this coin. we often to see doge could be our saviour when other altcoin drop but doge price could rise alone. personally i said doge suitable to hold for long term like bitcoin is.

RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 07:06:19 AM

I have gone through some articles about DOGE's future price and I got some 50-50 opinions. I discussed with my friend and he suggested me to hold till mid-2021, I can't say why till mid-2021.

You already have the best coins (BTC, LTC) it's stupidity to change these two coins for DOGE, you can't compare the performance of BTC and LTC to DOGE, BTC and LTC will give you better profits than holding DOGE, better hold your BTC and LTC and keep the remaining DOGE if you really want to hold DOGE.

lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 07:33:35 AM

I have liked Doge for a long time, and indeed Doge is one altcoin that is truly extraordinary,
even though this coin is experiencing high inflation and supply, Doge coins still have a strong presence in their community and are certainly very worthy to hold.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 07:35:25 AM

If I get you right, you mean to say, selling your Bitcoin for Doge? In my own honest opinion, it is a very bad idea, because Bitcoin is very valuable now and Litecoin is one of the top altcoins. Nowadays, people are taking the risk of selling some of their altcoins for Bitcoin and you want to sell your Bitcoin for Doge, what is the assurance that Doge will meet up with your expectations?
If I am to suggest, I would say, since you have been holding your Bitcoin, hold on to it, because the dominance is till high and more altcoins are still going to dump, but if really you want sell it then go for a more better altcoin like Ethereum, such that you won't lose at both ends. Also, Ethereum is a coin which has very good prospects and potential to grow even more once Bitcoin dominance reduces, that is, if the dominance will reduce anytime soon.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
koang

Activity: 2422
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2020, 07:56:57 AM

If you intend to invest in crypto, converting BTC to Doge simply because of the increase in transaction fees, this is a bad idea. Don't do it.
But if you are a day trader, Doge is a good choice.
But Doge is not the only coin that has low transaction fees, there are other coins that has also low transaction fees as well.

Btw. I like Doge but I won't hold this coin in the long term
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3509

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 08:01:28 AM

it's totally useless hold dogecoin. by itself you can use in some way, but nothing related storage/holding for speculation purposes.
example, you can use it for sending amount between exchanges or avoid high transactions fees with other altcoin/bitcoin.
Last but not least, I will never try to hodl/store since it's also inflative coin...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2020, 08:17:23 AM

Want to convert BTC and LTC to DOGE is not a good idea because BTC and LTC are coins that have a lot more potential than DOGE, in my opinion DOGE is a coin that is useless if you have to hold it for the long term.

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

desciglio2

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 08:17:35 AM

It is a miracle that the DOGE coin has survived until this time. Before DOGE, I can count dozens of coins that can be preferred. I think you don't take this risk and go for more familiar altcoins.

zaim7413

Activity: 1260
Merit: 332

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 08:52:52 AM

It is a miracle that the DOGE coin has survived until this time. Before DOGE, I can count dozens of coins that can be preferred. I think you don't take this risk and go for more familiar altcoins.
Naturally, DOGE still exists today, because the token was born from a very good blockchain so that it is always good to be owned by anyone and it should also be noted that DOGE tokens will not be the same as other new tokens even though in terms of price DOGE is the cheapest, but in terms of quality, he is the best.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bittick

Activity: 2296
Merit: 506

Cryptocasino.com

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 08:54:55 AM

It's caused by doge has a lot of loyal supporters and there are so many little shrimps that are still using doge as their alternative to create a micro payment to the another person.
That makes the doge coin is still alive right now, the rumour about the dogethereum chain was also pushing doge coin too.
It's not a miracle but it's caused by it's still having the community behind it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: