Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3+ control board stopped working  (Read 84 times)
immolated (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 09:10:42 AM

When I power my miner on, I can't open the web interface, nothing shows up on IP scan, ethernet lights up but no other lights (red/green) flash. Fans stay on super low and never spin up. Does not respond to holding reset or IP button factory reset methods (tried all 3 reset methods). Tried different PSU.  Tried loading new firmware on an SD card, but when I insert the SD card and power up the board, I do not get the simultaneous red/green lights coming on as you are supposed to when it signals its loading new SD firmware. Nothing happens except flashing ethernet lights and the solid red 5v/3v power LEDs.

I've narrowed it down to the BB board itself (the smaller removable board with ethernet port), because if I pull it off the pins and swap in a different miner's "BB Black v 1.8" board, it works just fine. I did some probing with a voltmeter and every point that a working board has voltage, the non-working board also shows voltage. The TI A8 Processor has power just fine.

Any other options or troubleshooting I can do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 04:50:10 AM

FWIW a used L3+ control IO w/BB on eBay for $25.   
immolated (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 06:28:05 AM

Got one, but I'm a fixer, more interested in what went wrong and how to fix it. I found an S9 guide that used Putty and a serial connector to force a new flash of the ROM, but I can't find anything for L3+ boards (no explicit TX/RX pins). Anyone know how.
saschamo

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 11:51:19 AM

Hi,

did you found a solution?
I got the same problem

Thanks

Sascha
Pages: [1]
  Print