Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RND] RandomCoin -Random Dif every hour- [NO Premine][Exchange ready]  (Read 13208 times)
The Project (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

Change the algorithm , x11 runs much cooler . Random difficulty is good idea

In addition to running cooler, Scrypt ASICS are rolling out. This coin will get obliterated (with almost all the Scrypt coins) as soon as those hit. Only survivors will be *Maybe* litecoin. X11 has no ASICS yet, runs cooler, and might actually give this coin a shot. I agree, Random difficulty seems new and interesting Smiley

Thanks for the input. I might make the switch to x11. I'm still trying to figure out how I will do this with 0% pre-mine. It would be great if we could get some donations to really kickstart this coin.

If you write good code, promote your coin and get some actual adoption (and merchant support) then you'll get donations and support from miners. Same way miners can make a living mining, you should be able to make one by developing your coin. The algo is the starting point, but without attention this'll die like so many other coins.

Well I have the algo down pat I believe. I just need to do a bit more reading on x11, the switch should only take me an hour or two. Ill have it done tomorrow if I decide to go that route. I'm just hoping this coin gets enough donations to buy spots on the top exchanges. It would instantly become a success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
linna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:04:07 AM

Explorer, please. I wanna watch this 

Let's flower the moon.SkMkf84Mv1gGe473kswcUwzfBc7m2QwcUA
TheSmurfsCoin.ThjHhQduSG6qfj8tMKepGmHgMK7Xp4u3ke
ph111

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:29:17 AM

Exchanges kill coins if implemented to quickly i suggest you work on your coin and the exchanges will follow without bribes especially if its a successfull launch  !
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:58:26 AM

Got a link to an X11 GPU miner?

dynamicalrange

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:09:19 AM

Change the algorithm , x11 runs much cooler . Random difficulty is good idea

In addition to running cooler, Scrypt ASICS are rolling out. This coin will get obliterated (with almost all the Scrypt coins) as soon as those hit. Only survivors will be *Maybe* litecoin. X11 has no ASICS yet, runs cooler, and might actually give this coin a shot. I agree, Random difficulty seems new and interesting Smiley

Thanks for the input. I might make the switch to x11. I'm still trying to figure out how I will do this with 0% pre-mine. It would be great if we could get some donations to really kickstart this coin.

If you write good code, promote your coin and get some actual adoption (and merchant support) then you'll get donations and support from miners. Same way miners can make a living mining, you should be able to make one by developing your coin. The algo is the starting point, but without attention this'll die like so many other coins.

Don't expect to get too much donation from miners. I won't say all of miners are greedy, but at least most of them are.
I understand as most of them have expensive machine and electricity costs.

X11 is good.  Script is dying.

I support you having a small fraction of premine, which can be used to promote. 
littlecoin

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:20:44 AM

If the dev decide to use X11, it will be a great idea.

X11 + no premine + new random diff !

In total, these will make Randomcoin a nice coin.

And I like these logos with metal feeling.

DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:36:12 AM

Avoiding this bs coin, dont go in other threads promoting your coin this is called spaming this is non ethical and just prove how you lack of promotional ideas.

wrong

Whats wrong? the fact that you go out there post your link in other threads trying to attract people? where do you think this is going to bring you?

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:10:24 PM

If the dev decide to use X11, it will be a great idea.

X11 + no premine + new random diff !

In total, these will make Randomcoin a nice coin.

Thank you for the support Smiley
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:14:07 PM

These coin names...Aaagh

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:16:14 PM

These coin names...Aaagh

What is wrong with the coin's name? It is named "Random" because it uses a random dif.
draco71

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:33:06 PM

Personally, I like the name. I like it a lot. It is simple and it describes more or less the main attribute of the coin.

But please, consider to not go to cryptorush. At least, not now. Too many incidents with lost coins.
I would not send any of my coins there.

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:41:54 PM

Personally, I like the name. I like it a lot. It is simple and it describes more or less the main attribute of the coin.

But please, consider to not go to cryptorush. At least, not now. Too many incidents with lost coins.
I would not send any of my coins there.

A new exchange is being considered. Mostly because cryptorush has been dealing with bad server issues for almost a week now. That is why I'm hoping this coin gets the 1.2 BTC donation so we can buy a spot on a top exchange. Hopefully cryptsy.
Wenzel745

Activity: 61

I'll use crypto to buy a Fiat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:50:23 PM

So I did some looking over your info, and there seems to be no limits on this coin? Unlimited supply will kill the value, as will too much interest in this coin (low diff + huge interest = flooded market). Are there any sort of limitations or will this coin just inflate?

BTC: 163pZXhATaWiuGAX9o9y6PuKCF8ipDWnJH
HVC: HJWFdgUJPEw1oiLckBFPBzs8vCTLokCGgd
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:13:32 PM

take a seat Grin
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:49:27 PM

So I did some looking over your info, and there seems to be no limits on this coin? Unlimited supply will kill the value, as will too much interest in this coin (low diff + huge interest = flooded market). Are there any sort of limitations or will this coin just inflate?

There are limitations, but since I might be making a switch to x11, those limits are still currently undecided.

Would people rather see the limit low? or high?
Wenzel745

Activity: 61

I'll use crypto to buy a Fiat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:19:46 PM

There are limitations, but since I might be making a switch to x11, those limits are still currently undecided.

Depends on how long you expect the coin to be mineable. If the diff isn't network based then early miners and backers will never be rewarded Sad The only possible counter would be to have a relatively short mining period.

Also, how do you solve for a changing difficulty during a block? Like if the network is hashing for a block and the diff changes, what happens?

BTC: 163pZXhATaWiuGAX9o9y6PuKCF8ipDWnJH
HVC: HJWFdgUJPEw1oiLckBFPBzs8vCTLokCGgd
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:12:16 AM

Depends on how long you expect the coin to be mineable. If the diff isn't network based then early miners and backers will never be rewarded Sad The only possible counter would be to have a relatively short mining period.

Also, how do you solve for a changing difficulty during a block? Like if the network is hashing for a block and the diff changes, what happens?

Just watch Wink you will be impressed. Dif is network based, but in a different way.
stephendt

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:23:40 AM

Does anyone else think this will just get raped by multipools and fail miserably due to oversupply and huge variances in the network hash rate? A variable difficulty exists in most coins for a damn good reason. I can see this failing pretty hard.
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:04:07 AM

Does anyone else think this will just get raped by multipools and fail miserably due to oversupply and huge variances in the network hash rate? A variable difficulty exists in most coins for a damn good reason. I can see this failing pretty hard.

How will this get raped by multipools? It has a random dif Tongue
lostmojo

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:49:56 AM

How will this get raped by multipools? It has a random dif Tongue

they wait till its 1 then instamine for an hour till dif changes

Miley Cyrus Coin: LaB1XqDS65DhXdyWgsamPR8xUBtzSh9Jw5
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: