Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GB Coin: Real Team & Workshops & Financial Goals  (Read 47572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Crypto-t (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

We got some cutting edge articles coming to the blog, real eye-openers.

This is one we posted the other day: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/does-goldman-sachs-have-an-unhealthy-influence-at-the-bank-of-england/

my wife is from Yorkshire, she's more keen to see Scotland independent than I am!
I'm all for independence for Yorkshire Tongue

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:22:18 PM

As mentioned in the first post, Craig is our disabled (blind) wallet tester and crypto fanatic. So, yeah, this is a good idea. Will definitely get our community thinking about this.

will you be donating to the RNIB then or any other uk charities?

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 10:49:05 PM

We have one pool operator on-board (blazinghashes.com), but we are looking for more.

Please chime in guys.

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 12:15:43 AM

Thanks.

My friend has a pool I'll ask him for you.

redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:12:18 AM

GB = Great Britain?
rapsac

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:19:30 AM

GB = Great Britain?
Greedy Bastards? Cheesy
powerfull

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:29:51 AM

IT maybe last crazy of scrypt coin
Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:12:00 AM

Great Britain or Great British  Grin

GB = Great Britain?

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:15:07 AM

lol

There's a very little 1% premine, but most of it shared with the community and workshop students - see below.

100,000 Coin Give Away

Although it’s called GB Coin and our workshops will only be in Britain, it’s still an international coin like Bitcoin and will be mined and traded by crypto enthusiasts around the World.

Because we don’t want our international friends to feel left out of the promotion, we are giving away 5,000 to 10,000 coins every month via our forum – more details here. To get some of these coins, join the forum, and help promote GB Coin via writing blogs posts, press releases, quality commenting, creating videos, and many other things too.

200,000 Coin Team Reward

The main goal of the GB Coin Team is to make the coin a resounding success. This will be achieved via the workshops, blog, forum, wallet development, and persistent promotion. They also aim to get the value of GB Coin to £3 and more and for it to become stable (minimal volatility).

If the team achieve their main goal, they will have enough financial stability from the 200,000 reward to commit to GB Coin full-time and possibly employ further staff.

300,000 Coin Workshop Give-Away

The GB Coin will be conducting free crypto-currency workshops throughout Britain. The first series of workshops will be in Stoke Prior, Worcester, Birmingham and then in many other cities and counties. Students who attend these workshops will be rewarded with paper wallets with a certain amount coins (initially 100). The purpose of this educate is to educate the British populace about the benefits of crypro-currencies and to get them involved.

After running a few workshops and networking with other, knowledgeable crypto enthusiasts, we will encourage them to run their own workshops and pay them directly from the 300,000 coin budget. We believe this is the best way spread GB Coin and the benefits of crypto-currencies.

Source: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/the-1-gb-coin-premine/

GB = Great Britain?
Greedy Bastards? Cheesy

CMDlu

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:21:48 AM

I think a good currency should be a mass-circulation currency and not a commodity. Because of the limitations of the value of the product is its instability line. Currency markets as an alternative measure of equivalent goods, since stability is very important. I hope to have my say the new currency qualities.  GB  you need come on.I hope to be harvested.
Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:58:45 AM

Great point!

The IRS, and some other countries seem to be following suit, are treating Bitcoin (and the alts) as a commodity, but we both know this is not accurate - it should be a currency as you state. The last thing governments want is us (the public) seeing crypto-currencies as alternative currencies.

Here's the IRS article.

IRS Virtual Currency Guidance : Virtual Currency Is Treated as Property for U.S. Federal Tax Purposes; General Rules for Property Transactions Apply

IR-2014-36, March. 25, 2014

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today issued a notice providing answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) on virtual currency, such as bitcoin. These FAQs provide basic information on the U.S. federal tax implications of transactions in, or transactions that use, virtual currency.

In some environments, virtual currency operates like “real” currency -- i.e., the coin and paper money of the United States or of any other country that is designated as legal tender, circulates, and is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issuance -- but it does not have legal tender status in any jurisdiction.

Source: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

I'm doing a write-up on this subject now, thanks to your post.

I think a good currency should be a mass-circulation currency and not a commodity. Because of the limitations of the value of the product is its instability line. Currency markets as an alternative measure of equivalent goods, since stability is very important. I hope to have my say the new currency qualities.  GB  you need come on.I hope to be harvested.

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 02:08:53 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 02:25:22 PM by Crypto-t

Here's the write-up: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/should-bitcoin-be-classed-as-a-currency-or-commodity-and-does-it-really-matter/

The IRS are arguing that Bitcoin cannot be considered a currency because it does not have “legal tender status”. And who gives Bitcoin legal tender status? The governments/authorities do of course. And will the governments/authorities give Bitcoin legal tender status? Unlikely, because this will legitimize Bitcoin even more and help it spread. But, that does not matter to many millions of crypto-currency enthusiasts throughout the World.

So, why are governments recognizing Bitcoin if they don’t want it considered a currency? Three guesses? Tax, tax and more tax!

The Internet/Web has evolved faster than most people imagined and no-one controls it even though several authorities/governments have tried. Bitcoin is built upon the Internet/Web, and is a true example of Laissez-faire dynamics that will bring about a real freedom movement.

Jasmein

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:06:23 PM

is this different from auroracoin, spaincoin, etc.
Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 05:12:47 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 05:41:03 PM by Crypto-t

Yes Jasmein.

The idea of distributing digital coins to hundreds of thousands or millions of people is somewhat flawed. Most probably won't be interested and many of those that are will probably dump them on the markets pretty quickly.

We are giving free workshops to those interested, more details here: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/free-gb-coin-workshops/

At the end of the workshops we will be giving away some free GB Coins.

We will also encouraging knowledgeable students to run their own workshops and give away coins too. We have a 300,000 coin budget.

is this different from auroracoin, spaincoin, etc.

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

Latest article on the blog: Do You Need Mining Help?

Common questions of crypto newbies are where do the coins come from and how do they mine them?

Most people don’t realize that their own fiat currency (Pound, Euro, Dollar, etc) is created from thin air by so-called central banks. Central banks control and manipulate currencies in collusion with governments.

Crypto-currencies on the other hand are not controlled by any one – especially not governments or central banks. However, the coins are usually generated by the wallets as rewards for miners. It works basically like this: coins are sent from one wallet to another and these are called transactions. Transactions are stored in a public ledger called the blockchain. The blockchain is created by the miners and their reward is a certain amount of coins.

Source: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/do-you-need-mining-help/

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:04:25 AM

Latest blog post: Why You Should Consider Mining GB Coin

The Team are gearing up to launch GB Coin next week – there will be a daily and then hourly countdown to make it fair to everyone. All wallets will be uploaded beforehand and password protected.

At the moment, Sara is building support via Facebook and Twitter, and doing a grand job.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gbcoinfoundation

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gbcoin

Adrian is contacting quality mining-pool operators for their support to mine the coin once released. He is offering them a generous bounty...

Read more: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/why-you-should-consider-mining-gb-coin/

Jasmein

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:55:24 PM

this is looking really good, is there a launch date yet?
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:06:59 PM

As a British person I have to mine this Cheesy. Looking forward to the release and will be mining it for a while. I like how you will be organising trade fairs. I really hope you are genuine. Many people pre-mine and say they will do this and that, only to sell their pre-mine as soon as it hits an exchange. I hope this is not one of them, but I guess time will tell.

Us Brits like to have an idependant currency. My guess is that the future of cryptocurrencies will see country specific currencies, and a world/universal currency such as Bitcoin, time will tell though.
Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:27:50 PM

Hi Chris,

We understand your concerns about scamcoins, and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt we are genuine, please come to our first workshop in Worcester UK, details here: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/free-gb-coin-workshops/

We hope to hold the first workshop within a week of launching the coin, possibly at the Avoncroft Museum in Stoke Prior, Worcestershire.

Also, if you become active on our forum Chris, we will share our business mobile with you and Skype. As you can tell from our blog, we are not hiding behind usernames, pseudonyms, or proxies. We are a real team that any one can meet. And there is so much more to what we are doing, but we haven't shared all the details yet.

As a British person I have to mine this Cheesy. Looking forward to the release and will be mining it for a while. I like how you will be organising trade fairs. I really hope you are genuine. Many people pre-mine and say they will do this and that, only to sell their pre-mine as soon as it hits an exchange. I hope this is not one of them, but I guess time will tell.

Us Brits like to have an idependant currency. My guess is that the future of cryptocurrencies will see country specific currencies, and a world/universal currency such as Bitcoin, time will tell though.

Crypto-t (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:39:39 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 04:08:47 PM by Crypto-t

Hi Jasmein,

Once we have tested everything, we will announce the date and time of the launch and do the countdown. Every miner wants to see the best possible ROI (Return On Investment), and we promise it will be a very profitable for those that invest the time and effort to mine it.

Today, we will share some of the things we are doing to promote the coin to the masses and the bigger marketplace.

this is looking really good, is there a launch date yet?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: